Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Randbrick posted:

I'm not even Christian that dude is like the evil fat Disney king. If you've consumed any visual moralistic media ever, he looks like central casting for venal evil.

His wife looks like shes about to order the death of John the Baptist. The visual allegory is so loving there.

its true. i was raised in a pretty moral household(not the bad kind) and trump basically a cartoon/kids movie villain, he is everything i was raised to not like. vain, stupid, inept rear end in a top hat who's is conditional with everything and feeds off the suffering and attention of others. he is so busy being up his own rear end that he doesnt really care(or understand) about the actual human suffering. god only knows how it will go down if another sandy hook level school shooting happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Feral Integral posted:

Yeah I was thinking of Hawaii. I mean yeah it would be long term, but imagine puerto rico being properly opened up and plugged into the us economy properly.

I don't at all blame pr for not trusting the US, though, we are loving monsters

what puerto rico needs to do is set up a fake coup by rich white people and have the coup government apply for statehood

like how hawaii became a territory, except when statehood is achieved the fake coup government yells "psyche!!" and abdicates in favor of the locals

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Sep 29, 2017

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Tarezax posted:

what puerto rico needs to do is set up a fake coup by rich white people and have the coup government apply for statehood

like hawaii, except when statehood is achieved the fake coup government yells "psyche!!" and abdicates in favor of the locals

The white people coup in Hawaii preceded statehood by about 65 years.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Pakled posted:

The white people coup in Hawaii preceded statehood by about 65 years.

poo poo, got my history all mixed up

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

we always misread it

it was never Infrastructure Week

It was always Infrastructure? Weak!!

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Laffo, Tom Price just resigned:

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2017/09/29/554475788/price-resigns-from-trump-cabinet-amidst-private-jet-investigations

:rip:

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
Oompa loompa doompety doo
I've got a perfect puzzle for you
Oompa loompa doompety dee
If you are wise you'll listen to me
What do you get when charter a plane
It brings you nothing but trouble and pain
You know when you grift donald must get his cut
Or when fake news finds out you'll be out on your butt
I don't like the look of it
Oompa loompa doompety da
If you're not greedy, you will go far
You will live in happiness too
Like the Oompa Loompa Doompety do
Doompety do

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Yeah dude. We've gone through like 6 other topics since then.

Read the drat thread.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Dapper_Swindler posted:

its true. i was raised in a pretty moral household(not the bad kind) and trump basically a cartoon/kids movie villain, he is everything i was raised to not like. vain, stupid, inept rear end in a top hat who's is conditional with everything and feeds off the suffering and attention of others. he is so busy being up his own rear end that he doesnt really care(or understand) about the actual human suffering. god only knows how it will go down if another sandy hook level school shooting happens.

I mean 80s/90s cartoon villains who were evil businessmen were pretty much based on Donald Trump to begin with so

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
What does trumps base think about his constant praise of FEMA?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

nachos posted:

Trump thinks it's good, so they think it's good.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

nachos posted:

It's cool, it's no longer being headed by a ni--uh I mean Obama, so all those black helicopters will be going after the right people now.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Does Draining The Swamp count if you fill the swamp yourself and then drain it? I'm still unclear how to MAGA the right way

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

https://twitter.com/darreldrowland/status/913892788416245765

he's runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn-

*dave weigel-bot breaks down*

Kale
May 14, 2010

One other thing I'm reminded of today too is just how much Trump's behavior reminds me exactly of how standard internet trolls and shitposters do in reaction to things. Like resemblances are all over the place from the whole always having to make sure to have the last word, denying clear reality whenever the facts don't match up with their bullshit they want to do, constantly escalating already present hot button issues and sewing divisions while trying to make it look like something else, childish name calling that anybody beyond the age of 8 would find embarrassing and foretelling of an extremely immature and stunted mind. The list goes on really.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Kale posted:

The U.S is literally going to get buried in another avalanche of horror show news cycles for yet another weekend. I don't know how the country can possibly still take it.

Quite easily for an unfortunately large segment:

"Ugh why do you have to keep bringing up politics all the time. You're just obsessed, you should take a break."

Or

"I'm not having this conversation, you just made it political" (while talking about race or gender issues and they're obviously losing)

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

If Trumps base put any thought past the catchphrases he spouts I would be surprised.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

boner confessor posted:

well your journey through life is not my journey through life, we have a different day to day experience and anecdotal understanding of the world, and trump cannily recognized that people can be easily made to care about a measly million bucks in travel expenses as awful corruption if you get mad enough about it. remember republicans are the same people who shovel out this crap for their constituents who are convinced the government is just chock full of waste and corruption

https://www.cagw.org/reporting/pig-book

did you catch georgia public broadcast around 1030am this morning with their pet 'conservative' saying that price's million dollar expenditure was just a drop in the bucket when compared with all the corruption and waste in the federal government too?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

zenguitarman posted:

Does Draining The Swamp count if you fill the swamp yourself and then drain it? I'm still unclear how to MAGA the right way

The swamp has been replaced by an open air sewer.

Abilifier
Apr 8, 2008

awesmoe posted:

Oompa loompa doompety da
Doompety do

:golfclap:
This pretty much says it all.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

skylined! posted:

did you catch georgia public broadcast around 1030am this morning with their pet 'conservative' saying that price's million dollar expenditure was just a drop in the bucket when compared with all the corruption and waste in the federal government too?

i mean he's not wrong. price getting tossed out for peanuts in terms of corruption leads me to think the real reason is that trump is steamed about obamacare and looking for people to blame

also gpb taking wras hostage is for liberals, true leftists listen to wabe

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

QuoProQuid posted:

https://twitter.com/darreldrowland/status/913892788416245765

he's runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn-

*dave weigel-bot breaks down*

I assume it's gonna be Governor of Ohio.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Randbrick posted:

We have made covenant with respect to the loss of life.

With hell we have made a great, like, so, so very, so great deal.

That dude is so loving straight biblical evil it makes my guts crawl. How can evangelical not just get triggered at that poo poo, he looks like Mammon from an okay Branson theater community production of The Lives of the Prophets.

Evangelicals loving love biblical evil. God killed so many people in their favorite part of the Bible (the OT of course). They'd be the first in line behind any sort of actual Antichrist too, because they're gullible and spiteful people.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

boner confessor posted:

i mean he's not wrong. price getting tossed out for peanuts in terms of corruption leads me to think the real reason is that trump is steamed about obamacare and looking for people to blame

also gpb taking wras hostage is for liberals, true leftists listen to wabe

ya, it was just another whataboutism out in the wild, and somewhat local, and i haven't wanted to call in to a radio station that badly in a while

my local station switches over to gpb after 10a or something and i always forget about the app :negative:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

They had to get rid of that regulation to make room for this new executive order man! Uuuh, councils are like regulations, right?

The Phlegmatist
Nov 24, 2003
Watching the Trump Thread try to navigate religious belief is real fun, it's like Stanley Livingston walking through darkest Africa commenting on "the other" while tipping his fedora mightily.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Price is such a piece of poo poo that his head on the mantle looks pretty good. Pruitt should be next.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Dick Trauma posted:

Strong, unequivocal statement about online racial slurs at the Airforce Academy.

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/913595160214286336

Old, but wanted to point out that I thought this was a really encouraging video.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Pakled posted:

I assume it's gonna be Governor of Ohio.

The last thing I remember about Kucinich is that he's like the Ron Paul of the left.

Does that vague comparison fit? He just strikes me as a "fair wages for all and freedom from chemtrails" type.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

awesmoe posted:

Oompa loompa doompety da
Doompety do

Grunka lunka dunkity drivate flights

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/913562223934627842

I am glad this comparison is coming up more.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

The Phlegmatist posted:

Watching the Trump Thread try to navigate religious belief is real fun, it's like Stanley Livingston walking through darkest Africa commenting on "the other" while tipping his fedora mightily.

Yo, I want to private evangelical school for like 12 years, so please feel free to direct all questions through me.

My high school literature teacher communicated with a Jewish-Christian terrorist group that was plotting to blow up the Dome on the Rock to usher in the End Times.

logosanatic
Jan 27, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Pakled posted:

There's no clear majority of Puerto Ricans for statehood. There might be a plurality, but more likely, the plurality is for the status quo because they like not having to pay federal income tax. If there ever was a push for PR statehood, though, Republicans would do everything they can to try to block it because it'd be a Democratic stronghold.

not paying federal taxes sounds like a reason they shouldnt expect the full might of the federal government coming to their aid.

like we help them survive this disaster. but what about the following years hurricane season?

sounds like the status quo crowd had the right idea voting against statehood if they dont need pay fed taxes but still get military protection from foreign powers. federal assistance during disaster. still us citizen with benefits that entails

i am now prepared to get my butt handed to my for all the reasons im wrong....

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Pander posted:

The last thing I remember about Kucinich is that he's like the Ron Paul of the left.

Does that vague comparison fit? He just strikes me as a "fair wages for all and freedom from chemtrails" type.

I don't remember anything actually insane he proposed. Well, other than reducing military spending and stopping our global wars.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Ventana posted:

Old, but wanted to point out that I thought this was a really encouraging video.

It was but did you notice that when he was talking about all the diversity, he mentioned different upbringings, different races, different everything except faith? The Air Force Academy is super, super evangelical and not being the right kind of Christian basically kills your career.

logosanatic
Jan 27, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Rigel posted:

Hell no. They don't even get a full share of medicaid, they get a tiny fraction of what states get from the Feds, because they don't have 2 Senators going to bat for them. Its why Hawaii quickly flourished while PR is still so poor.

they dont pay taxes why should they get anything?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Pander posted:

Ron Paul is more Libertarian crazy, whereas Kucinich is the "I saw a UFO once" type of crazy. He actually has good policies though from what I remember during his presidential runs. Single-payer healthcare, tries to impeach GWB, opposed to endless imperialist wars, etc.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Helen Highwater posted:

It was but did you notice that when he was talking about all the diversity, he mentioned different upbringings, different races, different everything except faith? The Air Force Academy is super, super evangelical and not being the right kind of Christian basically kills your career.

He also didn't mention sexuality.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Pander posted:

He hasn't been much of a presence in Ohio politics since he got redistricted out of his seat in 2010. Since he moved to Fox News,most of his commentary has been vaguely anti-establishment left. He... uh... went on Hannity and accused "the deep state" of trying to "destroy the Trump administration from within." He also backed up Trump's wiretapping claims with some vague allegations about how the intelligence community is untrustworthy.

If he runs for governor, I imagine he will try to do so as a "Trump Democrat" in the style of Jim Justice before his party flip. It's not clear who the GOP nominee will be, but if it is a Kasich ally, I do wonder whether Trump would cross party lines to endorse.

E: Not sure if it is a joke, but he did literally introduce a bill that would have outlawed chemtrails. He's kind of a nut.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Sep 29, 2017

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Kucinich would have won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

logosanatic posted:

not paying federal taxes sounds like a reason they shouldnt expect the full might of the federal government coming to their aid.

like we help them survive this disaster. but what about the following years hurricane season?

sounds like the status quo crowd had the right idea voting against statehood if they dont need pay fed taxes but still get military protection from foreign powers. federal assistance during disaster. still us citizen with benefits that entails

i am now prepared to get my butt handed to my for all the reasons im wrong....

Did you have that av before you advocated that it was ok for thousands of Americans to die because the federal government can't or won't tax their income? Fuckin lol.

QuoProQuid posted:

He hasn't been much of a presence in Ohio politics since he got redistricted out of his seat in 2010. Since he moved to Fox News,most of his commentary has been vaguely anti-establishment left. He... uh... went on Hannity and accused "the deep state" of trying to "destroy the Trump administration from within." He also backed up Trump's wiretapping claims with some vague allegations about how the intelligence community is untrustworthy.

If he runs for governor, I imagine he will try to do so as a "Trump Democrat" in the style of Jim Justice before his party flip. It's not clear who the GOP nominee will be, but if it is a Kasich ally, I do wonder whether Trump would cross party lines to endorse.

E: Not sure if it is a joke, but he did literally introduce a bill that would have outlawed chemtrails. He's kind of a nut.

He'll have to win a primary first.

• Locked thread