Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK I needed to be logged in as commish and hit the home page, there's a nice friendly annoucnement that scoring rules changed and asking if I want to only apply them to week 3, apply them to all weeks going forward, or also apply them retroactively.

So that's convenient!

I clicked the all weeks button. Weeks 1-3 scores should be updated now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Holy loving poo poo that made week 1 closer for me.

I have no idea what the previous score was.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
There must be some mistake still. Says I'm still 0-3 with the fewest points scored???

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spermy Smurf posted:

Holy loving poo poo that made week 1 closer for me.

I have no idea what the previous score was.

That's like... a single passing or punt return yard?

The Zack posted:

There must be some mistake still. Says I'm still 0-3 with the fewest points scored???

Yeah for some reason I'm still 0-3 even though I had second-most points scored in week 2, something's still not right

also not the lowest scorer this week despite starting Trubisky, how did that happen???

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

In all seriousness I love mega-close scores like that, but they always make me wonder about scoring. Like, isn't it kinda BS that QBs get charged for a yard or two on victory formation kneeldowns? And also kinda crap when a WR doesn't get anything for an incomplete pass where they drew a defensive pass interference penalty? For that matter, should players lose points for committing fouls?

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
that's hella close. think the previous score was 127-130 (?) in favor of Spermy. I seem to recall a 3 pt gap. More point adjustment is in order for sure! About .3 should do it!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Why, so I can win by .5? :smug:

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Leperflesh posted:

For that matter, should players lose points for committing fouls?
MFL supports that? Not saying we should or shouldn't

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Good lord, I didn't think to check, but: yes.

Penalties: This is the total number of penalties for the team or player. It is not divided between offense and defense. For example, if you assign this rule to the Team Defense, then they will be scored for all of the penalties by the entire team, whether they occurred on offense or defense. Note that this stat is not updated live for individual players.

Penalty yards: This is the total yardage lost on all of the penalties by the team or player. Note that this stat is not updated live for individual players.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
That's wild

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
MFL was made by numbers nerds. And not a single UI guy.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Penalty Yards presumably hurts DBs the most, but it occurs to me that Delay of Game is usually charged to the QB, and defensive players probably incur more total penalties and yards than offensive players other than offensive linemen who we don't use in fantasy.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/index.php?year=2017&view=games
LOL kansas city

e. O hey this is what I was looking for
http://www.nflpenalties.com/all-positions.php?year=2017

e2. And here's by player:
http://www.nflpenalties.com/all-players.php?year=2017

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Sep 27, 2017

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Spermy Smurf posted:

MFL was made by numbers nerds. And not a single UI guy.

Like, negative UI guys. I operate a 15+ year old browser game with a UI that old... And it's still better than theirs.

Penalties and penalty yards would be awesome for next year. Though it sucks you can't be rewarded for drawing one.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
no thanks to penalty points, that sounds ridiculous

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
We should just make a league full of penalty points and penalty yards just for sheer aggravation

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
I'm a no on penalty points too. It'll mostly effect defensive players and make them even less wanted.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
But seriously set up an aggravation league and I will join.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
Throw on another injury for me. Luckily Adams isn't dead after that blow to his head.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

atomictyler posted:

Throw on another injury for me. Luckily Adams isn't dead after that blow to his head.

yeah that was gruesome, a really disturbing hit. I hope he didn't break his neck or jaw or something

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Stealing Jamaal Williams.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So, Williams is a Packer, so I guess you're stealing him for week 5? While ash ketchum obviously cannot start him this weekend, the 48hr response time & 72hr limit before the player's game I guess just means verbally committing to starting him next week. And, this highlights that a player on a taxi squad is only safe from theft within that 72 hours plus their actual game time, and I don't think MFL prohibits taxi squad moves during a players' game time.

This does mean you can temporarily stash a player on taxi late on friday night (if they're playing sunday or monday) in order to play saturday waivers with the freed-up bench slot, you just have to remember to get them off taxi by the end of their game.

Also williams may miss his next game, so this is a gamble.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

So, Williams is a Packer, so I guess you're stealing him for week 5? While ash ketchum obviously cannot start him this weekend, the 48hr response time & 72hr limit before the player's game I guess just means verbally committing to starting him next week. And, this highlights that a player on a taxi squad is only safe from theft within that 72 hours plus their actual game time, and I don't think MFL prohibits taxi squad moves during a players' game time.
Correct.

quote:

This does mean you can temporarily stash a player on taxi late on friday night (if they're playing sunday or monday) in order to play saturday waivers with the freed-up bench slot, you just have to remember to get them off taxi by the end of their game.

Also williams may miss his next game, so this is a gamble.

It is not a gamble, the rules are very explicit, and Jamaal Williams currently has no injury status:

quote:

if, after a steal attempt is initiated, the player being stolen is injured (reported as questionable, doubtful, out, placed on IR), suspended (placed on S), or dropped to waivers/free agency by their owning NFL team, either owner may back out and restore the status quo. That means the stealing owner can cancel their steal attempt - the player stays with the original owner

There's also nothing in the rules about 72 hours being when the transfer happens, which is a bit weird.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hmmm. Yeah he's already injured, but the Packers have not reported his injury status yet?

e. Yeah they have not, week 5 injury report isn't out yet. So yep.

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
Well played, I ll start him

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Swarmin Swedes posted:

Well played, I ll start him

As I understand it, you can back out of starting him if / when his status officially changes, at which point I'd have to decide if I wanted to start him.

Or just always start him to remove the risk!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Zauper posted:

As I understand it, you can back out of starting him if / when his status officially changes, at which point I'd have to decide if I wanted to start him.

Or just always start him to remove the risk!

Yes, the intent is that if he gets reported as questionable or worse, swedes could back out of his commitment to start the player, at which point zauper could decide to press forward with the steal, or also back out. Similarly, if Swedes decided not to contest the steal now, zauper could still cancel his steal based on an adverse injury report later.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

huh. really did not expect to get allison for four bux. if lee doesn't play im hosed. welp!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I was not on my FF game this week. I knew Geronimo was getting some snaps and didn't put in a bid anywhere.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Spermy Smurf posted:

I was not on my FF game this week. I knew Geronimo was getting some snaps and didn't put in a bid anywhere.

I thought about it, but Adams has initial positive health stuff, and if he's back Geronimo isn't getting snaps.

Happier with Jones, even at late first pricing.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I feel dumb because I really needed an IDP player to fill in for Lee since he's questionable, but I was like "gently caress it I'll put in a bid for Allison, I won't get him, but what if I do?" and now I've got him and I'm like, oh, okay, great, now what?

and of course Crabtree has been downgraded. Of course.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I am hoping Cutler rises to the Brees challenge and it's a fuckin shootout.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
What the gently caress Jay. Fade to a dude who wasn't looking? INT for a drat rookie backup who has played like rear end.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Double what the gently caress. I tried to start Cutler this morning. Swear I submitted it.

Ah well.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Something told me to start Kamara this morning. Glad it did, and I wish it would tell me more things

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

montgomery died, sean lee is out, I dont really want to promote taco charlton, london football is garbage, gently caress stupid fantasy football

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I guess I should have started miller. and deshaun

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

I guess I should have started miller. and deshaun

I benched Miller in another League. You are not alone.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

it's ridiculous that I'm keeping up with 1017, really

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Bad week for my team. Ty goes down with a rib injury (thankfully sounds less bad than it may have been), Julio exits with a hip injury and doesn't return.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
I keep hitting refresh but my points aren't going up!