Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Matoi Ryuko posted:

World's Deadest Man :bignews:

Nah, that's Ace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

So far it seems that Shanks has a mastery of haki that surpasses the rest, Kaido is simply an immovable brick poo poo house who probably doesn't even need to pretend to block attacks, Big Mom has the most overwhelming fruit power and Blackbeard is basically gaming the whole thing by carefully choosing his powers, allies and what battles he fights. All of them are obviously strong in their own right, although Blackbeard the least so.

The thing I like about Marineford-era Whitebeard is that I can imagine him taking on present day Big Mom, but being just weak enough to lose, as befitting his age. No-one balances power levels like Oda.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
A few people in One Piece have horns, it makes me wonder if Kaido, Hannyabal and Magellan are all the same race. Of course Kaido could also be a smaller giant, since Oars had horns. Or he could just be human.

Really hard to tell sometimes in One Piece.

I guess Ceasar has ram horns...I'm definitely overthinking this.

Ah, here we go.

quote:

D: Sometimes, we see the appearance of humans and giants with horn like things, but in this world, are horns basically something sorta like buck teeth? P.N. Wozapomu

O: Yep, they're there. Guys that look unbelievably non-human here and there. Well, I guess. Don't think much about those traits. I look forward on drawing more and more interesting faces.

Definitely overthinking.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I still think Kaido was a nonhuman who ate a human human fruit

Perhaps somebody accidentally flushed a devil fruit inside a brick shithouse and Kaido was born

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Viridiant posted:

A few people in One Piece have horns, it makes me wonder if Kaido, Hannyabal and Magellan are all the same race. Of course Kaido could also be a smaller giant, since Oars had horns. Or he could just be human.

Really hard to tell sometimes in One Piece.

Ah, here we go.

Definitely overthinking.

Aren't Magellan's fake?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Viridiant posted:

[it's tape voice]

they're minks

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Kaido probably has a mythical zoan fruit of some sort. That's why he's referred to as a creature, its probably a dragon

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Aren't Magellan's fake?

if they are he's dedicated to them

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Pretty sure horns are real, but the wings are part of the dress code.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

oddium posted:

Oh no :ohdear:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sub Harrison posted:

Pretty sure horns are real, but the wings are part of the dress code.

but what about the guys without shirts that still have wings

do they just glue them to their backs or...?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Wait, why are people rating Big Mom so low on the power scale? She's basically impervious to damage and has ungodly strength. And that's before the DF even comes into play.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Ubiquitus posted:

Kaido probably has a mythical zoan fruit of some sort. That's why he's referred to as a creature, its probably a dragon

The Hito Hito no Mi, Model: Oni.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

oddium posted:

Haha oh well he takes them off and fights with them like boxing gloves in the video game

Beef Jerky Robot fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Sep 29, 2017

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

tap my mountain posted:

I still think Kaido was a nonhuman who ate a human human fruit

Perhaps somebody accidentally flushed a devil fruit inside a brick shithouse and Kaido was born

dragon who ate the oni fruit!!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
kaidou is just an oars who suffers from dwarfism

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

U-DO Burger posted:

Wait, why are people rating Big Mom so low on the power scale? She's basically impervious to damage and has ungodly strength. And that's before the DF even comes into play.

she's the first one they fought, kaidou is counted as the strongest creature with big mom laughing at their chances against him, and shanks and blackbeard are obviously endgame

the yonko are basically the strongest people in the world (even the admirals seem only on par with the top commanders of yonko crews if the summit war is anything to go by). whether you agree that big mom is the weakest of that group or not, she bottoms out at 4th strongest in the world and that ain't bad

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Begemot posted:

Whitebeard isn't the strongest man anymore.

He's dead.

Nicknames don't often change, even when they can or should.

Viridiant posted:

I like that Oda just draws whatever takes his fancy and doesn't give a poo poo whether it makes sense or not. 12 foot tall humans? With horns? Extra long limbs with additional joints? Whatever, gently caress it, it's cool.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Haha oh well he takes them off and fights with them like boxing gloves in the video game

he does that the first time he fights Luffy too

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

It only gets worse from here on in...

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Haha oh well he take them off and fights with them like boxing gloves in the video game

iirc he does the same at one point in Impel Down and that's where that attack is taken from. I think it's that part of his horns are a solid shell attachment thing, and the other part is just weird hair or something?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Vindication

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

U-DO Burger posted:

Same reason people insist Mihawk isn't really the World's Strongest Swordsman. Because they are Shanks fanboys.

I assumed Kaidou was a small giant rather than a large human, partly because of the World's Strongest Creature title and partly because it could set up the twist of him being related to Oars.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

yeah i remember he takes them off but when i went to look for it i ended up watching Venom Demon instead

https://i.imgur.com/srkUOdq.gifv

ahhhhhhh magellan rules.....

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

mihawk is what you get when someone is strong enough to be an emperor but has no charisma at all

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

Same reason people insist Mihawk isn't really the World's Strongest Swordsman. Because they are Shanks fanboys.

I assumed Kaidou was a small giant rather than a large human, partly because of the World's Strongest Creature title and partly because it could set up the twist of him being related to Oars.

To elaborate a bit on this: If Kaidou is related to Oars, it makes sense that Moria, who lost everything to Kaidou, would have such high regard for Oars's power.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
^That actually ties in quite well!

Obligatory weekly "holy poo poo Big Mom is nuts this is amazing" post.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

jinbei just being all "i got this" and asking his smiling shark friends to get them out of it would own imo

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Enel is going to come back on his golden ship and save everyone

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

U-DO Burger posted:

It's by exclusion: Whitebeard and Kaido were both explicitly called the strongest, with the implication that Kaido is stronger. Blackbeard is narratively the endgame, but I think that as of right now he is the weakest Emperor and he gained his position by cannibalizing Whitebeard's territory. This leaves Big Mom and Shanks for 3rd and 4th, and since the yonkou are said to be roughly equals all considered, and nothing suggests that Shanks is at the head of a large organization like Big Mom, he has to make up the difference in some way. It may not be personal power, he may for example command a small fleet of 4-5 insanely powerful crews, but there has to be a reason he's an emperor. That said, they're all still head and shoulders above anyone else.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Don't they have coating for going underwater or did that wear off?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Shanks was able to go even, in a sword fight, with a dude who can cut mountains apart. at least before he lost his arm.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

socialsecurity posted:

that stuff isn't forever and they'd need to fill the bubble with air first

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

socialsecurity posted:

That came off as soon as they returned to the surface after leaving Fishman Island.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

DizzyBum posted:

Nah, that's Ace.

Brook :colbert:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Ooh, yeah, I take that back. It's Brook.

:yohoho:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

What is offensive cooking? Is Sanji going to actually give Big Mom a better cake or is he gonna own her via her fat gut.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

NecroMonster posted:

Shanks was able to go even, in a sword fight, with a dude who can cut mountains apart. at least before he lost his arm.

Didn't Shanks also stop Kaidou from going to the Marineford War.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Electric Phantasm posted:

he could have just said "yo kaidou if you wanna die in an epic war hold off a bit we got this luffy kid he's gonna do something even crazier chill out for 2 years ok" and kaidou agreed

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Lpzie posted:

What is offensive cooking? Is Sanji going to actually give Big Mom a better cake or is he gonna own her via her fat gut.

he'll write expletives about big mom in the frosting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Electric Phantasm posted:

Yea, that seems more impressive and indicative of his crew's power to me. Not only did he stop Kaidou invading Whitebeard's territory, but he was in good enough shape afterwards to sail to Marineford and stop a huge war point blank with no questions asked.