Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Sciencegar posted:

Eventually you'll learn to love different servants for different things, and your initial Heracles will always be relevant for simple fights, but you'll have your Crit Meta and NP Spam teams too.

Maybe. But I'm very simple and having a big man hit things with a stick is very simple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
For example bosses will start eventually to have insanely high numbers of HP, like in the millions. Herc can hit super hard but you'll likely lose him before he can chew through that much HP, even with all his defensive skills and Bond CE.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Nuebot posted:

Maybe. But I'm very simple and having a big man hit things with a stick is very simple.
Berserker Taunt team is all you need. :madmax:

Sciencegar
Dec 21, 2013

I'm afraid its because of Super-Science.

Regular-Ass Science is innocent.

Endorph posted:

Alignment in the Fateverse isn't about what you are, but how you perceive yourself. Atalante sees herself as distinctly apart from humans and has no real interest in preserving human lives. Gilgamesh is a way worse person than Atalante, but he sees his actions as heroic and intends them for the good of humanity, so he's chaotic good.

I'm really curious where you're getting that from, because it fits way too well and I want to know that its confirmed somewhere.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Making low rarity CE XP bombs is about QP efficiency. poo poo gets expensive. explanation
The conversation I got on reddit, which is similar to the process in that image but slightly different:

1). Take a 1* CE. Include four copies of the 1* CE, four 2* CE of any type, and 1 3* CE. This will fully LB it and get it to level 11-15. You can also do four 1* CE and three 3* CE.

2). Accumulate twenty one of those from step 1, pick the lowest level one (probably something at level 11), and feed the other twenty to it.

3). Rinse and repeat steps 1-2 (always including the mini-bomb you made at the end of step 2) until you have a 1* CE close to their level cap.

I swear I've seen twenty million different takes on this process. It's weirdly the most complicated part of FGO's meta that I still can't wrap my head around, several months into playing.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Argas posted:

Son, you ain't seen lovely rolls yet.

A good example of a lovely roll is 8 3* craft essences (1-4 of those being Black Keys or Shinji), a crummy 3* servant like Boudica or Romulus, and your 4* being another CE you already own, most likely a debuff resist.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Someone post that picture of a ten roll with 9 Black Keys and 1 Iron Willed Training (Kirei).

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
And finished Okeanos. I liked it even more now that I had more than summaries and basic knowledge of the kanas. Now to do all the unlocked Interludes.

I think I'm gonna switch Emiya for David in my main team, because David's Bond CE sounds fun.

Edit: Ushiwakamaru with her upgraded NP is godly against the end-of-Singularity Boss, fyi.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Caved in one last time and rolled 30 of my last 60 quartz....

Not sure I can complain even if no drake:

Now I really need Tama for that Vlad/Waver/Tama team

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Asterios is so fluffy!!!!!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nuebot posted:

:negative: better than nothing I guess. I also got the black grail and a craft essence that starts off the dude with 60% of their NP filled. I suspect I got a real lovely roll?

those CEs are insanely good

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Accidentally tapped the summon button on the merlin banner while eating and trying to do a FP pull and uh. :staredog:

NP3 Merlin seems good.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Accidentally tapped the summon button on the merlin banner while eating and trying to do a FP pull and uh. :staredog:

NP3 Merlin seems good.

Glad I added you to my friend list. :v:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

TheFireMagi posted:

Glad I added you to my friend list. :v:

I've made good use of your Gorgon and grailed Medusa.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

The game's been crashing randomly a lot on my phone, about once per battle now, sometimes even outside of battle. Is this related to a known issue or is there an obvious cause or is my phone just garbage and I need a new one? :v:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I don't know how much of a difference it makes, but I've been using SD Maid on a schedule to clean up excess junk and Greenify to hibernate most apps when I shut down my tablet. But I also don't use my tablet for basically anything other than FGO. Even so I still probably get a crash every other day; luckily it has not been a consistent/repeatable issue.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

BlondRobin posted:

Rider Carribean Freebird is a Quick card, so that makes that a difficult proposition. On the other hand, I've heard that chain colors and associated bonuses don't affect noble phantasms the way they do normal cards. So NPs don't get damage advantages or extra arts/stars for leading buster, arts or quick cards.

On the other other hand, I've never found an emperical source for any of the combat math analysis and the game sure doesn't feel like sharing! So maybe I'm entirely wrong.

Yo, here's your source. I can't really prove it to you unless I started posting code disassemblies and nobody wants that, but trust me my info is legit.

Anyways, NPs are equivalent to the first card in a chain for purposes of damage multiplier, NP generation and star generation. They do confer first card bonus. Hence, unless you're chaining 3 NPs, it's best to have'em act as the first card.

http://blogs.nrvnqsr.com/blog.php/1056-Mining-for-Bits has the rest of my stuff.

NRVNQSR posted:

There are one or two edge cases they're a little hazy on, though, and "do NPs get the bonus damage from a buster chain" is one of them. I think the answer's no, but it could go either way.

I think the answer is yes but the extra damage is hard to test unless you're NPing an enemy with crazy high Def + Special Def. Those crabs from the challenge quest a few months ago would've been good for testing.

Miles Vorkosigan posted:

OK, but while we are on the subject could someone explain why Fate uses the Dungeons and Dragons alignment system in the first place?

Nasu loves tabletop.

Also FSN was first based in some mysterious homebrew system of his.

Nate RFB posted:

The conversation I got on reddit, which is similar to the process in that image but slightly different:

1). Take a 1* CE. Include four copies of the 1* CE, four 2* CE of any type, and 1 3* CE. This will fully LB it and get it to level 11-15. You can also do four 1* CE and three 3* CE.

2). Accumulate twenty one of those from step 1, pick the lowest level one (probably something at level 11), and feed the other twenty to it.

3). Rinse and repeat steps 1-2 (always including the mini-bomb you made at the end of step 2) until you have a 1* CE close to their level cap.

I swear I've seen twenty million different takes on this process. It's weirdly the most complicated part of FGO's meta that I still can't wrap my head around, several months into playing.

Just keep cycling high-level low-rarity CEs into fresh new low-rarity CEs so you keep the QP costs low (remember to include some dupes so you don't hit cap and waste XP). The rest is just fluff. Once you have a card that wants all that XP just toss it there and watch as it goes from lv. 1 to lv. N at lv. 1 costs.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Sep 29, 2017

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

NP3 Merlin seems good.

Considering how amazing my NP1 Merlin is, goddamn.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Kyte posted:

Yo, here's your source. I can't really prove it to you unless I started posting code disassemblies and nobody wants that, but trust me my info is legit.

Anyways, NPs are equivalent to the first card in a chain for purposes of damage multiplier, NP generation and star generation. They do confer first card bonus. Hence, unless you're chaining 3 NPs, it's best to have'em act as the first card.

http://blogs.nrvnqsr.com/blog.php/1056-Mining-for-Bits has the rest of my stuff.

I think the answer is yes but the extra damage is hard to test unless you're NPing an enemy with crazy high Def + Special Def. Those crabs from the challenge quest a few months ago would've been good for testing.

Nasu loves tabletop.

Also FSN was first based in some mysterious homebrew system of his.

Just keep cycling high-level low-rarity CEs into fresh new low-rarity CEs so you keep the QP costs low (remember to include some dupes so you don't hit cap and waste XP). The rest is just fluff. Once you have a card that wants all that XP just toss it there and watch as it goes from lv. 1 to lv. N at lv. 1 costs.

I think the answer is no re: buster chain bonus for NPs. I tried to buster brave chain the crabs with JAlter on that challenge quest and she did 0 damage with her NP in those chains, but did some damage with the buster cards.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Tarezax posted:

I think the answer is no re: buster chain bonus for NPs. I tried to buster brave chain the crabs with JAlter on that challenge quest and she did 0 damage with her NP in those chains, but did some damage with the buster cards.

I beat the crabs with my grailed Angra (and double Merlin).

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I recall my kinoki can only do decent 4 digit
Damage on the crab from a buster chain for each card. Other cards chain would do like 2 or 3 digit.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Gloomy Rube posted:

The game's been crashing randomly a lot on my phone, about once per battle now, sometimes even outside of battle. Is this related to a known issue or is there an obvious cause or is my phone just garbage and I need a new one? :v:

This has been happening to me as well, on both my couple month old tablet and my brand new phone. Didn't happen much until this last week or so.

SD Maid is awesome, and I'd recommend it highly. It hasn't solved the problem by any means, but it saved a lot of space and cleaned up a great deal of redundant files on my old tablet and old phone.

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

Gloomy Rube posted:

I haven't had any crashes but I have had one instance of textures failing to load and some significant slowdown on some screen transitions (notably when leveling up servants). I didn't notice any of this until the most recent update.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Badingading posted:

I haven't had any crashes but I have had one instance of textures failing to load and some significant slowdown on some screen transitions (notably when leveling up servants). I didn't notice any of this until the most recent update.

I've been having the same issue since the update as well.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Those should be fixed by downloading all data in the options menu.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I've had periodic slowdown since release and downloading all data has done nothing. It gets so bad at times that I have to restart the game but at least it resumes were you left off.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Got David from the fpool. What's his niche? (only have Robin Hood so far).

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

NRVNQSR posted:

Those should be fixed by downloading all data in the options menu.

Already did that.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

I've also had some slowdown to the point of crashing after leaving the app open for several hours, plus the occasional random crash. The most notable one was one time where it crashed during a battle and trying to continue the battle after restarting resulted in the app getting stuck on the progress spinner forever, no matter how many times I restarted the app and/or phone. Eventually just had to give up on resuming and start the battle from scratch. I had been assuming it was mainly due to my phone being relatively old (iPhone 5S), but guess it's more the app.

I've cleared the first singularity (Marie is pretty cool), and mostly have resisted pulling for pirates. Couldn't resist one 10-pull with free quartz, which gave me no good servants but did give me a 5* CE that starts a NP at 80%, and that got put right on Heracles.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Tae posted:

Party survivability support plus hocking rocks every now and then.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

he gives the entire party a 1-time (not 1 turn, 1-time) evade which is incredibly good for dodging enemy NPs. It isn't really consistently team survivability like George/Leonidas/Mash or something, but it's great for gimmicks in certain boss fights. Also his NP does decent damage.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Tarezax posted:

That sounds pretty conclusive to me, then.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
First Artorias on the Gil banner and now Attila on the Drake banner. That's twice I've managed 5-star servants on the banner and both times I've not gotten the one it was weighted towards.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Pierson posted:

First Artorias on the Gil banner

drat I wish we could summon him. Would he be Saber or Berserker? :v:

VgameT
Dec 31, 2007

therefore I only muttered "neu"
Berserker, because he's already given his shield to Mash

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
No edits, I die like a man.

He's practically already in the game, just model-swap Lancelot. :v:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'm just happy i can finally have an all Gorgon team.

I have no idea if they actually work well together as a team in any capacity or not, but drat it that's not the point.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

a kitten posted:

I'm just happy i can finally have an all Gorgon team.

I have no idea if they actually work well together as a team in any capacity or not, but drat it that's not the point.

This is a very unkind thing to do to poor Medusa.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Galaga Galaxian posted:

This is a very unkind thing to do to poor Medusa.

They make fun of her I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

She's the youngest sibling. That's what they're for :colbert: