Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

hello i am your heart how nice to meet you
https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-2-2/

She leveled up a couple palms at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Mile'ionaha posted:

Oh gosh I hope so. If only because we might see "Hurled Bottle of Goon Sweat" Kung Fu
Kill Six Billion Demons Born in Emptiness

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Yeah with a cut like that there's no way White Chain isn't getting owned next page.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
7 You Are Already Dead

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Esme posted:

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-2-2/

She leveled up a couple palms at some point.

Why do you seek truth in numbers when you already know the only number that matters is 0?

Which viewed from the side looks kinda like 1 :v:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Two of the palms are proscribed by the Root angels' creed.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Jackard posted:

Kill Six Billion Demons Born in Emptiness

I'm pretty sure this is the only move I ever had from this style, but goddamn if it wasn't 100% worth it.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

TheRagamuffin posted:

I'm pretty sure this is the only move I ever had from this style, but goddamn if it wasn't 100% worth it.

I managed to farm myself the whole set. It was pretty great, especially in the huge guild wars.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

TheRagamuffin posted:

Throw people off cliffs or into volcanoes every day!

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Also if you weren't mentally going ORAORAORAORAORAORA in the back of your head when you hit that centre panel I don't even know what to say to you.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Renaissance Robot posted:

Also if you weren't mentally going ORAORAORAORAORAORA in the back of your head when you hit that centre panel I don't even know what to say to you.
MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Kai Tave posted:

I've been reading through this since it was released. As unhelpful as it may be, what it's closest to is "a mech game co-authored by the guy who writes K6BD." It doesn't have the anachronistic feudalism and barbarian hordes of Mechwarrior, it doesn't seem very "hotblooded anime protagonist shouting at the top of his lungs" though I guess there's nothing really stopping you from doing that, and it's not as generic grunt-y as Heavy Gear or VOTOMS which inspired it, mech pilots aren't just regular soldiers driving specialized IFVs, they're explicitly called out as being a cut above everybody else. It's a bit Titanfall by way of Warframe really...the setting is the year 5000-something, people are spread throughout the galaxy in a vast interstellar network linked by jumpgates, material capitalism is more or less extinct due to a practically limitless ability to find new sources of raw materials and so the major currency is based on data (insert bitcoin joke here), and AI is commonplace enough to stick in your mech as a subsystem but at the same time it probably hates you and your disgusting meat-body so better keep it shackled. Mech construction takes the form of various 3-D printer licenses, you never have to worry about where you'll get a replacement if your mech gets blown up, you can just print a new one and customize it with whichever systems you have licenses for.

It shows a lot of promise and I'm very interested to see where it goes. My primary critical feedback thus far is that a lot of the information in the document is kind of scattered all over the place and requires a lot of flipping back and forth...I couldn't figure out how drones worked in combat until I came across the rules allllllllll the way in the back in the appendix...and there's some standardization of terminology to be done that I actually already emailed Operant about and got a very prompt and helpful explanation about (thanks Operant). It's definitely still an early release but I'm very excited to see it get refined (and illustrated of course).

To me, "a mech game co-authored by the guy who writes K6BD." makes me think of Xenogears/Xenosaga, where taking on God in a giant mech is par for the course.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Independent of good jokes, I think Head of John style refers to the severed head of John the Baptist, removed at the request of his step-daughter Salome and capable of prophecy and speaking in tongues.

So... prophetic headbutt technique?

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Poltergrift posted:

Independent of good jokes, I think Head of John style refers to the severed head of John the Baptist, removed at the request of his step-daughter Salome and capable of prophecy and speaking in tongues.

"Do you always take poppers before you look into the future?"
"Yeeesssssssss!"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Renaissance Robot posted:

Except it would sound like bricks clacking together.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Poltergrift posted:

I have unavoidably accurate foresight but all I ever predict is a broken nose in your future

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

*poink* nyuk nyuk nyuk

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

:shepface:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I feel like the whole metatron thing has rob white chain of most of their chill

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I hope Nyave intervenes. Ideally without dying horribly.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Agean90 posted:

I feel like the whole metatron thing has rob white chain of most of their chill

White Chain didn't really start with a ton of chill to begin with.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
hey you know how angels are made of explosions

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
panel 3 is a pretty good primer why you don't wear a helmet/have a head with easy to grab side horns

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Didn't know White Chain was a G Gundam

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

shirts and skins posted:

Didn't know White Chain was a G Gundam

Can't wait to see who she pairs up with to hadouken the Burger King at some poor miscreant

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

this but replace Batman with White Chain and "MY PARENTS ARE DEAD" with "METATRON LIVES"

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Superstring posted:

True, but at least she could sit down and have tea at some point. Now she's just the guy on the street corner shouting a passerbys with a giant cardboard sign

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Agean90 posted:

True, but at least she could sit down and have tea at some point. Now she's just the guy on the street corner shouting a passerbys with a giant cardboard sign

What part of Reach Heaven Through Violence do you not understand?

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Incidentally, the link to the new page on the K6BD Tumblr leads here, not to said page. I think it's reasonable to presume this is the soundtrack for this scene.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
This is gonna leave a big ole crack in someone's armor.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

SunAndSpring posted:

this but replace Batman with White Chain and "MY PARENTS ARE DEAD" with "METATRON LIVES"

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Critically important that this music was playing while I was reading this.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Superstring posted:

Yeah, White Chain has never been very well controlled from the start. I am not sure why I keep seeing them referred to as such.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Agean90 posted:

I think White Chain is more shouting at passerbys while hitting them with said sign.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

White Chain, no! Police brutality is illegal!

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

White Chain isn't really talking about or even to the Petal Knight, the other angel.

I think their more arguing to themselves.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

D.Ork Bimboolean posted:

White Chain isn't really talking about or even to the Petal Knight, the other angel.

I think their more arguing to themselves.

81 Projects Faults on Others, Desperately

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Are angels supposed to get mad?

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

Are angels supposed to get mad?

Honestly I think precedent would suggest its going to be "no, but that's only because the Root Knights have defined the ways they get mad and the things they get mad over as Not Mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
How many types of vegetal-themed angel knights are there? Are there Tuber Knights?