Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Actually jokes aside I'm really glad for all the Tiges fans. They're all mad as cut snakes and now they might calm down a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Vendors of microwave ovens might feel differently.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I paid two hundred big ones to watch my dreams shatter right in front of me. what a day

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

racing identity posted:

right in front of me!

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
3 Tigers all using the line “we aren’t the most talented team, but...” which is true. Makes me wonder if that’s a line that’s been trotted about the club by Dimma and co. Impressive if it is for that level of honesty to be instilled in them and work as a motivator. I think that's the level of investment you need if you're going to win premierships, lesson to other clubs.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

The Deadly Hume posted:

Actually jokes aside I'm really glad for all the Tiges fans. They're all mad as cut snakes and now they might calm down a little.

I’m the opposite, kind of glad for the team, shattered about the supporters. But I’m not sure if this will calm them down or have the opposite effect.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Adelaide's choke job made me mad because it reminded me of the Eagles' pissweak effort a couple of years back

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

thepokey posted:

3 Tigers all using the line “we aren’t the most talented team, but...” which is true. Makes me wonder if that’s a line that’s been trotted about the club by Dimma and co. Impressive if it is for that level of honesty to be instilled in them and work as a motivator. I think that's the level of investment you need if you're going to win premierships, lesson to other clubs.

Hardwick got the team together last year and admitted his coaching had failed them so you're probably right that it's become systemic to be honest about performances and keep egos in check.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I only have a few mates who are Tigers supporters, and they're all top blokes. One of them just got engaged this week, so I've asked him to be honest about what the best part of his week was.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

If they turn this into a threepeat they'll be back on level terms with Hawthorn in VFL/AFL premierships.

Maybe we'll get a bit sick of them by then.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
They will be 9th next year for sure

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
I've only followed AFL for two years, never thought I'd see both Bulldogs and Richmond win premierships. I know people who've waited their whole lives

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid

Grumio posted:

I've only followed AFL for two years, never thought I'd see both Bulldogs and Richmond win premierships. I know people who've waited their whole lives

Maybe it's you
Maybe you're the key to all of this

Keep watching until the Saints win one, thanks.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
The Killers seem like good sports, and really got into the GF after show gig

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

The Deadly Hume posted:

They're all mad as cut snakes and now they might calm down a little.

Hahaha, how's the veal?

Personally I think tigers fans are the most feral I've been with at games, anecdotally anyway.

Collingwood have the classic reputation but aren't too bad these days, maybe because we keep beating them and they quiet down at the games I've seen for a few years now.

Tigers fans will be insufferable until halfway through next season.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Remember when Adam Treloar said that the Pies had a better list than the Tigers and that's why he chose to go to them. Whoops.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Remember the good old days when Richmond were talked up as premiership fancies by their fans before round 1s, then would Richmond hard against Carlton and everyone had a wonderful time?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Remember how we all had a good laugh at Damien hardwicks contract extension?

Remember when dusty tried to walk out but had no takers and had to come crawling back?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

drunkill posted:

Tigers fans will be insufferable until halfway through the next ice age.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
https://twitter.com/thentnews/status/914027961593892864

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
gently caress Richmond. It's a shame Adelaide didn't win.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Richmond were most definitely the better side on the day. Crows looked flat as gently caress.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
https://www.facebook.com/7AFL/videos/892928964216248/

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Remember when Richmond lost to Freo because of not manning up on David Mundy?

Remember when it happened again?

Honestly they are the perfect premiers for this nutbag season

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

I honestly wonder if the Dogs and Richmond have had perfect timing. They seem to have hit this sweet spot between catching the old guard on the way down in Hawthorn, Geelong and Sydney and the new long term good teams not quite peaking yet (as I'm not entirely sure either the Dogs or Richmond are going to be those teams). They both played this frantic, high pressure style which required absolute 100% from their whole list for it to work and its not sustainable over a long period of time. So I wonder if both successes will just be short lived but timed to perfection.

Also, the after party with The Killers looked like rad fun

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Most of the dogs stars are like 23. They pulled a Hawthorn 08 imo. You watch, 5 more years, a 28 year old Bont is going to lift another cup.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
The Killers put on a great set. Crowd was super into it too. Riewoldt singing Mr Brightside on stage was fab.

Chifley
Nov 4, 2009
I really thought that Dogs would contend for another flag since they won it with poor injury luck and also won the VFL flag.

Richmond by comparison had as close to a perfect injury-free season as is possible, and will likely revert to the mean.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Yeah I just realized the other day Richmond's biggest injury all year was probably Caddy for a couple of weeks? Which wasn't even significant. They were insanely lucky on the injury front.

I think the Dogs were an anomaly and Richmond will stay good, great, dynasty, one hundred years a dynasty.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

I don't think we're gonna see the Brisbane/Geelong/Hawthorn dynasties again for a while. Next year will be telling; if Footscray bounce back or Richmond really get on with it and prove they're that class above that Hawthorn, Geelong and Brisbane showed then I'll believe there's a new dynasty in town. Until then, Fourthorn beckons.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I have thought about it and today would definitely fit into the top five worst days of my life

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

https://twitter.com/thekillers/status/914083093845229568

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

You wouldn't want to be whoever Richmond were wearing black tape for.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

When we say Richmond fans are nuts we mean it.
https://twitter.com/abcnews/status/914050027680444416

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Just got back from swan street. A tattoo parkour was doing well and a barber was doing dusty cuts for people.

Lol at the umpiring comments, of course. Your team got beat on the day. I never thought I'd see the day we'd win a grand final!!!

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

thepokey posted:

Remember the good old days when Richmond were talked up as premiership fancies by their fans before round 1s, then would Richmond hard against Carlton and everyone had a wonderful time?

With any luck the lofty expectations of their fans after winning the flag will make it even funnier next year

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

snoremac posted:

You wouldn't want to be whoever Richmond were wearing black tape for.

Apparently one of Merv Keane's kids died

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

teacup posted:

A tattoo parkour

an unconventional combination but OK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Hot take:

5 of the last 6 Grand Finals have featured an interstate team, and only one of those teams has walked away a winner. Prior to that, the three previous interstate winners were from all interstate Grand Finals (04-06). Prior to that, it took arguably the best team ever to win at the G on Grand final day

I am suggesting that perhaps we need to look at the whole 'MCG Grand Final thing' and consider the possibility that it's a bit unfair in a national competition.

Maybe.

• Locked thread