Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Yobgoblin posted:

soon i won't have to drain myself of stress every night just to be able to sleep.

Congrats on finding a partner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Over the past two days I've written 9300 words for a fiction project I dreamed up last week. It's exciting to finally feel inspired after so long without, and I have high hopes for this whole thing to succeed.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Went and saw IT with my folks, loved it and had a blast. Can't wait for Chapter 2 :unsmigghh:

Bought a cheap desk a couple weeks ago for like $100, felt kinda weird/flimsy so I spent like $5 at the hardware store for screws and corner brackets. Feels sturdier than ever!

Got my notice to vacate paperwork signed yesterday to get out of my current apartment and move to a new one. New place is ground floor, one bedroom, closer to work and thankfully, no pets.

Related to above, got my idiot neighbor to finally shut her drat dogs up and stay quiet after 11pm during the week. Had asked her nicely several times but I guess she just really likes to stomp and slam doors. Front office didn't do anything despite multiple messages left and an office visit in person by me a week ago, so I started calling in noise complaints to the police. Only took 2 calls but she finally started shutting the gently caress up when they paid her a visit earlier this week.

Dad gifted me his old wireless AC modem/gateway that he used for a few months since his job gave him some new high end hardware for a home VOIP phone set up. Way better than the one I'd been using the last couple years and saved me $150 or so buying a new one myself.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Designed a business card for my little shop I barely put any effort into but don't want to abandon completely, and had ribs for the first time in forever.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
had the most fun/wild/interesting and conquering days i have had in ages. i feel like a million dollars again but this time clean haha. god drat, i don't have to think or worry about stupid bullshit anymore. what a wonderful night. good night haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xjNOEuLacM

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Related to above, got my idiot neighbor to finally shut her drat dogs up and stay quiet after 11pm during the week. Had asked her nicely several times but I guess she just really likes to stomp and slam doors. Front office didn't do anything despite multiple messages left and an office visit in person by me a week ago, so I started calling in noise complaints to the police. Only took 2 calls but she finally started shutting the gently caress up when they paid her a visit earlier this week.

Congrats on this, this sounds exactly like the dumb lovely neighbor I used to have living above me. Management didn't do anything for me either and it can't be overstated how much it improved my life when I got away.

I will only ever live on the top floor now.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Digirat posted:

Congrats on this, this sounds exactly like the dumb lovely neighbor I used to have living above me. Management didn't do anything for me either and it can't be overstated how much it improved my life when I got away.

I will only ever live on the top floor now.

Yeah, good riddance to lovely people.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Fellow intern decided to bring same kind of lunch as me. I'm a trendsetter.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Fellow intern decided to bring same kind of lunch as me. I'm a trendsetter.

Lunchables have been available for years. You didn't start nothin'

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I had a follow-up meeting with the international education department and a bunch of other students who went abroad this year. It was fun to hear so many awesome stories from Europe and Asia and share my own from my time working in Belize.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

One day closer to having the wood stove put in! Found a good one for $50 on OfferUp. WA very suddenly became cold and wet, so having fire indoors is gonna be reeeaaal nice.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
tfw i sent pll to the friggin burn ward and all they got was a big bed of salt.

Yobgoblin has a new favorite as of 15:39 on Sep 21, 2017

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
I spent several hours walking around Frankfurt, Munich, and Garmisch-Partenkirchen today. My feet (and knees) are worn out but my fitness tracker loves me!

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I got to meet with my trans therapist for the first time. loving finally I can get some actual help.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
just a lovely friday. so many nice things happened me today. hope everyone else is doing well. have a nice relaxing song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1RdofzHets

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My husband picked me up after a particularily lovely day at work and surprised me with my favourite burger.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
I woke up to a raging thunderstorm, hearing it echo off of all the surrounding mountains. A really beautiful way to wake up (even at 4am)

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

FreshFeesh posted:

I woke up to a raging thunderstorm, hearing it echo off of all the surrounding mountains. A really beautiful way to wake up (even at 4am)

once when i was on vacation the bahamas, lightning struck the ocean very close to our hotel room. i didnt witness it but my non-blood related aunt and cousin did and got it on video. too tired and lazy to find it. another day i gave a stay cat some of my steak right from the bone too. take my word on it haha

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
attn all manchildren trolls (the very few of you sad clowns) locked into the past:

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
Been trying to find a new job all summer, and this week I finally landed a really good interview that led to a second interview with the company's CEO today. Pending a background check and approval for my MMJ license, I will have a new job doing exactly what I want to do in a nice small sized company just seven miles from home. :unsmith: My fingers are crossed.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

My fingers are also crossed for you, friend. That sounds great.

I woke up and it's raining and 20 degrees cooler than yesterday.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
So my toe was not broken but slightly jammed. Fantastic news.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
overall a great day. made a few new friends, made some people happy, sorted out some bullshit to it's grave, a good deal for me went through, kicked more rear end in some fighting games with friends, helped out setting up new tvs, cable boxes and what not. im grateful for what i have and wish you all an awesome day/night.

have a song: Handsome Boy Modeling School - Torch Song trilogy Ft. Sensational

e: haha, you could say i'm feeling sensational

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
It's the start of the week off work, I got a new blender, and I'm caught up on bills.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I haven't been this motivated to actually lose weight in almost a year. Let's hope it holds out this time.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
tfw i accidentally piss off some punk again

lmao, this is the internet after all.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
I just wrote the ending for a small fiction story arc I've been writing, and after 50 pages I can say I'm satisfied with the results.

It feels really weird to be "done" with the project, particularly because I'm releasing chapters as episodic content and the whole thing won't be out for another ~7 months.

Now on to the next project!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
My nose is finally unstuffed after almost two weeks of that crap. Also managed to get in a Monday morning quickie with my wife before heading to the office :huh:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I haven't been this motivated to actually lose weight in almost a year. Let's hope it holds out this time.

I'm in the same place, so good luck!

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
Yesterday, but...in my neighborhood, a block from my house, I used to run past a small Zumba studio. Every night I'd see ladies in there hustling away, having a blast. Even men and children joined in and it seemed like a lot of fun. On my run yesterday I ran past it, and saw a "for lease" sign in the window. I said "awww" to myself, genuinely bummed, until I went a few doors down and saw that they'd moved to a bigger, brighter studio nearby! They were still hustling and having a great time in a bigger space!

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
having a good day. filled with prosperous progress. here's a song :nws:bones - resurrection:nws: that i find entertaining and uplifting.

Yobgoblin has a new favorite as of 20:34 on Oct 9, 2017

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I can do twice the work in half the time
On Saturday, my 9 year old and I rode down to here school to do a bit a biking in the large, paved play area. Over the next 30 minutes, other kids and parents began showing up on ones and twos. Next thing you know, there are about 40 people of all ages on bikes, boards and all manner of wheeled contraptions rolling around and comparing rides. Pizza was ordered and we spent the next three hours or so chilling with people from the neighborhood.
I have lived here 15 years, and never had a day like that just randomly evolve, probably never will again.

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

I found two bucks in the dryer!

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Mom made an extra pumpkin pie for thanksgiving dinner (Canada) and I got to take it home

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Making progress after over a year out of the gym from family health, my own health, and just being a sad sack of crap that didn't want to do anything. This is week 7 back at the gym, I've dropped a few pounds and a couple inches in my waist, and overall am way stronger than I ever anticipated after less than 2 months in. Feels good to be able to jog up 3 flights of steps and barely be tired, before that I was struggling just to climb the steps up to my apartment without feeling like I'd run a marathon with a 100 pound backpack on.

Also not today but this past Saturday I got to go to a wedding reception with a good close lady friend I hadn't hung out with in literally years, we always kept in touch but more so nowadays since I'd been helping her and her family through some personal issues. We had a blast, got to meet some new, fun people, danced a little bit and chatted up and laughed about goofy ridiculous stuff like the old days.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Today is Thanksgiving in Canada so I had it off

I woke up early and went to the garage to spend some time fixing bikes, which I find fun and relaxing.

When my wife woke up I made her French toast and we snuggled on the couch and watched cartoons, something that's become a weekend tradition.

We put our mountain bikes in the truck and went to the trailhead of some trails my wife has never done before and had a nice ride on some flowy single track through the woods taking in the fall colors and crisp fall air.

Then we came home, had some hot chocolate and started cooking dinner.

Ate turkey dinner while watching the Leafs win their game, had a piece of banana bread that I started baking right after the turkey came out of the oven and now we're chilling on the couch drinking beer cuddling our cats and watching the Jets win.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
1. found a way to legally exploit some cloudmining service. if it actually works, half an hour of my life wasn't wasted haha.

2. the first place i posted in the SA forums rises again.

3. russian family friends are visiting for a while.

time to have some fun.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
It is my birthday today. I am currently out of the US, so I could not celebrate it with my family. I did celebrated with my coworkers who took me out to a nice dinner. That was cool.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I have tried to teach my mom how to use emoji, but she's sixty-eight years old and it hasn't really stuck.

I got a text from her late last night that said "imogee heart and smiley face"

:kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Pastry of the Year posted:

I have tried to teach my mom how to use emoji, but she's sixty-eight years old and it hasn't really stuck.

I got a text from her late last night that said "imogee heart and smiley face"

:kimchi:

My mother thinks that it is perfectly fine to sign every text message she sends any of us with the heart eyes. Perhaps it's my blackened heart or nerds on the internet using it for their waifus or w/e, but it weirds me out every time.

Could also be that she's the only person I know who uses emoji for anything but jokes, though.