Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I am really bad at Gundam Versus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

I finished the first season of IBO and gently caress did that wrap up really well.

Curious how you'll feel about season 2, then. It definitely plays off the first season in an interesting way.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dangerous Person posted:

I am really bad at Gundam Versus

So am I. I'm doing free battles and only sometimes beating two normal AIs with a hard AI teammate.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I dove right in without doing any tutorials and got promptly wrecked. Now that I've done all three tutorials I am getting wrecked but now I know what the buttons do

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

It's pretty hard. Here are some resources that are at least somewhat helpful, but I'm still quite bad.

Wiki with english descriptions of what each suits buttons do:
http://www.ggez.space/gundam-versus/gundam-versus-wiki/

Brett's wiki, describes basics and some advanced concepts:
https://sites.google.com/site/unlimitedbrettworks/gundam-versus/gundam-versus-guide/introduction

Spreadsheet of striker data so you can preview what each does before buying:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BkUK_ZoheQMMFolID_hjgb6l3PQO6-dZbYX62ue_g3s/edit#gid=915344288

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chiasaur11 posted:

Curious how you'll feel about season 2, then. It definitely plays off the first season in an interesting way.

Yeah! I'm waiting for the dub since Gundam is my gunpla background noise. I guess that's dropping later this year?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

Yeah! I'm waiting for the dub since Gundam is my gunpla background noise. I guess that's dropping later this year?

Starts in just a week, as a matter of fact.

Toonami, right after Jojo at 12:30.

Should go up online eventually, but that's where it'll have the first run.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Anyone with a (free) Bandai Namco account can get the pre-order suits, the Lupus and Virtue, for free here until the end of the year. The Lupus in particular is a tricky but powerful beast.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

I just wish some Gundam X suits were in.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Darth Walrus posted:

Anyone with a (free) Bandai Namco account can get the pre-order suits, the Lupus and Virtue, for free here until the end of the year. The Lupus in particular is a tricky but powerful beast.

Should probably mention that this offer is for Europe only.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

chiasaur11 posted:

I still have to get around to watching season 2. I watched the first 2 episodes though and I at least liked what extra world building they did. In particular, it makes sense that Tekkadan inadvertently revived a stagnating mobile suit industry.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
How fun/good is Jerid in Gundam VS? The answer to this question determines if I will both get the game and a PS4.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Snooze Cruise posted:

How fun/good is Jerid in Gundam VS? The answer to this question determines if I will both get the game and a PS4.

Jerid is a default pilot in one vanilla suit and a dlc one, and is an unlockable alternate in 3 others. There is much Jerid in this game

I should mention that his two defaults are pretty good for their unit costs from what I hear

The GIG fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Sep 30, 2017

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

The GIG posted:

Jerid is a default pilot in one vanilla suit and a dlc one, and is an unlockable alternate in 3 others. There is much Jerid in this game

I should mention that his two defaults are pretty good for their unit costs from what I hear

To be specific, he's the default pilot in the Marasai and the (DLC) Baund-Doc. He's unlockable in the Gabthley, Hizack, and Titan Gundam Mk.II. Suits in Gundam Versus are ranked by cost, with 200 being the lowest and 500 the highest. Higher-cost units are stronger, but (obviously) cost your team more if they get destroyed. The Baund-Doc costs 400, the Gundam and Gabthley cost 300, and the Hizack and Marasai cost 200, so if you want Jerid wrecking poo poo, the mighty duckmobile is your best option.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

I'm glad that the Rebake and Perfect Pack made it into the first round of English DLC. Hopefully the Lupus and Virtue will be making the jump from pre-order exclusive to purchasable at some point.

There's no way they're going to limit the final evolution of the hero suit from the most recent series to a pre-order exclusive. It will get a general DLC release.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The Virtue is hilarious in Versus. Fights in the game are generally a careful, high-speed dance, with both parties trying to get the right angle, the right position, and the right timing to avoid the other guy's attack and land their own. The Virtue, on the other hand? "Hi, hope you like beams, because I'm going to sit right here and cover the entire loving map with them."

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

So what have folks been playing as in Versus so far? I've found myself gravitating to the RX-78 as a good jack of all trades, the Exia because despite 00's flaws that suit will always be one of my favorites, and the Delta Plus mostly to unlock Bright.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dulkor posted:

So what have folks been playing as in Versus so far? I've found myself gravitating to the RX-78 as a good jack of all trades, the Exia because despite 00's flaws that suit will always be one of my favorites, and the Delta Plus mostly to unlock Bright.

Tallgeese I, though I'm also liking G-Arcane and a lot of the cheapo grunt suits, probably because they're fast.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Did anyone preorder the game from Best Buy? I have yet to receive an email from them with the preorder dlc code

I preordered it two days before release, so I'm not sure if I even qualified for it

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Dulkor posted:

Been working on the Barbatos as a basic machine (both for training and to unlock Kudelia), but the Perfect Pack and Turn X are both incredibly powerful, incredibly versatile, and incredibly cool. The Psyco Zaku is fun, too - the enemies put up their anti-beam defences, and you just go :smug:.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I forget the name of her mobile suit but I've been playing as Katejina for a bit and have been having fun with her.

Also played the RX-78-2 and yeah it's a lot of fun.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
I've been having fun with the ez8 because hiding behind cover raining shells on people is funny and its even funnier with both members of the team figure out what happening and beeline towards you.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Raxivace posted:

I forget the name of her mobile suit but I've been playing as Katejina for a bit and have been having fun with her.

Also played the RX-78-2 and yeah it's a lot of fun.

The Gottrlattan. Ranged Awakening Attacks are nice.

It's a great design, too - real showcase of what makes the better Zanscare suits work. Really wish we had an MG of it.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I like the Mark II mostly because I get to play as angry Kamille without the cost being too high

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

The Mustache for me all the way :cool:

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Waffles Inc. posted:

The Mustache for me all the way :cool:

I finally won my first online match and it turned out that the secret is playing as the Turn A

I feel like I may have added people here before but my PSN is Craigabdul if anybody wants a robot fight some time. If we team up we will probably not win

Dangerous Person fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Oct 1, 2017

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I'm loving the Jesta for online matches. I also tried the Gabthley, ZZ, and both Mark II variants with mixed success.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I have played once online and have a 100% win rate. Back to CPU matches to preserve this victory.

I'm also going to take 3/4 of the 2 on 2 match being Barbatos Lupus as a sign.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
It's easily 5x faster to earn GP through online matches instead of offline trials or survivals. I want all of the navigators so at 50k per I need to save up quite a bit. Thankfully online battles are really fun!

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Ugh. I'm gonna buy a PS4 for this aren't I?

At least I can get Bloodborne finally.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I do wish that co-op was easier. I bet that playing Ultimate Mode with a buddy at your side (or a random schlub from the Internet) would be really fun.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/WeebSimpsons/status/911261720848498689

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

The GIG posted:

I've been having fun with the ez8 because hiding behind cover raining shells on people is funny and its even funnier with both members of the team figure out what happening and beeline towards you.

Ez8/Gundam Ground Type are also fun because they run around the battlefield like giant clowns and it is never not funny when they start clowning you to death.

Dulkor posted:

I need to dip my toes into Online matches, but I've been enjoying Dynames, Union Flag Custom, Tallgeese I, and Kimaris Trooper.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Having not played any of these games before, I have to say I'm pretty impressed that they've made each suit feel as distinctive as they do (At least based on the 20 or so I've tried so far).

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Been using my boy f91 as my main since gundam vs gundam and I'm still using him now.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Raxivace posted:

Having not played any of these games before, I have to say I'm pretty impressed that they've made each suit feel as distinctive as they do (At least based on the 20 or so I've tried so far).

Yes, the Gundam VS series has done a really good job of making every suit feel distinct. I liked Artdink's Gundam Battle games, but they tended to make everything feel really similar.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Gundam Battle Assault 2 is still the peak of Gundam games, but EXVS is still close.

I'm using Hi-Nu for now until I get my Nightingale, since it's the closest to my true forever suits, Xi and Penelope.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The best Gundam game is MS Saga on PS2.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Actually it's Endless Duel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

kirbysuperstar posted:

Actually it's Endless Duel.

It's true, here's undeniable proof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1uJb6itOG8