Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I got frost prime by activating and cancelling the prime trial thing straight away. Can I get this new bundle by making a dummy twitch account and get it as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

clone on the phone posted:

I got frost prime by activating and cancelling the prime trial thing straight away. Can I get this new bundle by making a dummy twitch account and get it as well?

Probably not since it has you link the accounts. I mean maybe you could put in a ticket to de-link claiming you lost access/the login info or something and need to add a new twitch account, but good luck with that.

Also folks remember (in the US at least) twitch prime is free with amazon prime, so there's a decent chance you already can get this junk free.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Coolness Averted posted:

Probably not since it has you link the accounts. I mean maybe you could put in a ticket to de-link claiming you lost access/the login info or something and need to add a new twitch account, but good luck with that.

Also folks remember (in the US at least) twitch prime is free with amazon prime, so there's a decent chance you already can get this junk free.

I already de-linked my twitch when I cancelled the trial so I will give it a go later.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Mr Beens posted:

Free Soma and Scindo Prime next month with Twitch/Amazon Prime
https://www.warframe.com/news/free-prime-weapon-bundle

God DAMMIT I just cooked up my soma prime like a week ago

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
I'm a week into this terrible game and it's been a lot of fun so far, though the "Space Ninja" advertisement was a bit misleading. I spent my first hour playing like I imagined a space ninja would, sneaking around, hiding in the rafters and picking people off with a bow and arrow. Every hour since then has been spent flying around at mach three shooting people in the face with the loudest and most destructive weapons and magic powers at my disposal. It's actually a lot more relaxing this way.

The combat is fairly intuitive, but the less murdery parts of the game are a bit harder to pick up. The early resource grind was a nightmare, but now that I've made it to Jupiter I'm able to get the components I need to actually build poo poo. Which puts me at a crossroads, since I don't want to waste my hard earned space junk.

I'm cooking up my first forma and my first catalyst right now, and I was wondering what to use them on, or if I should save them until I have better gear.

I have:

Frost Prime
Excalibur
Rhino (due in two days)

Boltor
Grakata
Hek

Lex
Dual Zorens

plus some random crap I leveled up for affinity.

I have complete blueprints for Mag, Nyx, and Oberon as well, and I found the shop in the dojo that sells warframes so I have plenty of options to choose from. Maybe too many.

I also have a bunch of duplicate blueprints (like 14 Harrow chassis). Is there any use for them other than selling them for credits?

Are extractors worth using?

Should I join a syndicate right away, or wait until I have a better idea of what I am doing and what I want?

Is there some trick to wallrunning/wallclimbing without getting stuck on every little bit of geometry, or should I just be bullet jumping everywhere?

Are Dual Grakatas a sound investment?

When you max out a weapon, sell it, and rebuy it later, does the game tell you that you already maxed it out, or should I make a spreadsheet to keep track?

Are any of the mods I might find as a newbie worth trading to other players, or should I just keep turning the duplicates into endo?

My ign is Tornavul and I might be the worst ninja ever. Please help.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

We're at a similar point in progression. Your first order of business is to get into the goon clan and be showered with mods and carried through a bunch of stuff, which was my experience. A nicer bunch of online dudes I have not met.

In about to log in and start drinking. Eidertron in game, let's play.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Avulsion posted:

I also have a bunch of duplicate blueprints (like 14 Harrow chassis). Is there any use for them other than selling them for credits?

Should I join a syndicate right away, or wait until I have a better idea of what I am doing and what I want?

Is there some trick to wallrunning/wallclimbing without getting stuck on every little bit of geometry, or should I just be bullet jumping everywhere?

When you max out a weapon, sell it, and rebuy it later, does the game tell you that you already maxed it out, or should I make a spreadsheet to keep track?

Are any of the mods I might find as a newbie worth trading to other players, or should I just keep turning the duplicates into endo?

Nah, just sell 'em.

Only if you plan on babysitting them.

As soon as possible. Pick either the left or right three to focus on. Doesn't really matter which, you can just trade for stuff from the other side.

Practice, but also just bullet jump everywhere.

They are a lot of fun, but take some investment (forma and mods) to reach their full potential.

If you open your profile in-game it has an equipment section that shows what you have and haven't mastered yet.

Common and uncommon mods are generally pretty safe to melt for endo, but you might want to keep a spare or two around for potential random acts of generosity or in case you decide that you want a not quite maxed out version of Serration or whatever to use while you're leveling a gun and have limited mod capacity. Probably a good idea to hold on to rares until you have a better handle on what's worth what.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Avulsion posted:

Do you like shooting bullets? Because these guns shoot all the bullets, and then 1200 more bullets after that.

Mod them for crits

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Also Stances and Auras should not, as a general rule, be melted down. By the time you have enough to matter, you'll have figured out which ones are common enough to be destroyed.

Avulsion posted:

I'm cooking up my first forma and my first catalyst right now, and I was wondering what to use them on, or if I should save them until I have better gear.

I have:

Frost Prime
Excalibur
Rhino (due in two days)

Boltor
Grakata
Hek

Lex
Dual Zorens

If I was starting over with what I know now and with my current preferences, I would potato Hek and forma Frost Prime's aura to a dash polarity for Corrosive Projection. The forma could be used for a lot of things (like say doing the same thing to Excal), but Hek is extremely wildly crazy good, since it's the only weapon in the game that can use Scattered Justice, one of the most powerful mods (and it's very easy to get your hands on to boot).

As a rule, frames aren't really on 'tiers,' they're all pretty much good. People make tier lists and whatnot for frames but honestly they're packed pretty tight, making the list kinda silly. Weapons on the other hand are all over the place. And Hek is really one of the best, modded up it does more damage than god and can carry you throughout the entire game. No shame if you hate reloading every 4 rounds, but if you're worried about 'optimal' play, It's Good.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

There are other arguably better weapons to put a potato in, but everyone should have a potato'd Hek. You could save it until you have a Tigris Prime but really the Hek and Vaykor Hek are arguably just as good or better, you're very safe dropping your first catalyst in the Hek.

Also the Dual Grakatas are great but not as good as the Hek.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

FunkyFjord posted:

There are other arguably better weapons to put a potato in, but everyone should have a potato'd Hek. You could save it until you have a Tigris Prime but really the Hek and Vaykor Hek are arguably just as good or better, you're very safe dropping your first catalyst in the Hek.

Also the Dual Grakatas are great but not as good as the Hek.

Tigris Prime is MR 12 or 13 so it's going to be a while before any new player can use one.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Right there's also that. New players will get a ton of mileage out of a potato'd Hek.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I'm on team Vaykor Hek. I never could make myseld use the Hek due to the clip size and fire rate, gave it plenty of chances.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Oh also I skipped through a super boring video by X3lp on WF mechanics and the explosion from power throw with Glaive Prime does an ungodly amount of AOE damage when you combine it with Zakti.

Also Shade's invisibility apparently doesn't deactivate when you use some Warframe Powers (like Nidus) so you can hoover up enemies and then stomp them while being permanently invisible.

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Sep 30, 2017

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I used my first potato on Lex Prime and haven't regretted the decision. I am still new to the game, just unlock Neptune on the star chart.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Lt_Tofu posted:

I used my first potato on Lex Prime and haven't regretted the decision. I am still new to the game, just unlock Neptune on the star chart.

Lex is great but it's got a lot of competition with Pandero, Vaykor Marelok, Pyrana (buff), Sicarus Prime (double buff), and Euphona Prime.

Akstilleto Prime is too ridiculous to compare though.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
Is it possible to get Trinity Prime anymore? I'm not really sure I understand how it all works. She's stronger than the normal version but you technically can't get her anymore? How's that fair? I must be missing something.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Poultron posted:

Is it possible to get Trinity Prime anymore? I'm not really sure I understand how it all works. She's stronger than the normal version but you technically can't get her anymore? How's that fair? I must be missing something.

Prime Warframes cycle in and out of availability. Currently Trinity prime isn't availiable, though she will be at some point in the future, and anyone who has the parts is still allowed to trade them to you, probably for some amount of platinum.

I wouldn't worry too much, though. Aside from looking very cool the only lasting difference between the two is a little more shields.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Are people going to get mad at me at end-game if I don't have the Prime variant of my frame?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Poultron posted:

Are people going to get mad at me at end-game if I don't have the Prime variant of my frame?

No, nothing in this game requires that level of optimization.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Night10194 posted:

No, nothing in this game requires that level of optimization.

So basically I should maybe get it one day if I really really want it but it's not crucial, that's good to know.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Prime frames aren't a lot better than regular frames.

And it's a little complex.

To get prime parts, you have to crack relics open in fissure missions. To get relics, they need to drop as mission rewards (mostly from Defense, Interception, and Survival). What's actually happened is that the relics that have Trinity prime (and other things in the Vault) no longer drop from missions. If you already have the relics, you don't lose them, and they still drop vaulted prime parts, and you can still trade and build prime stuff. They've just turned off the faucet a few steps back.

Poultron posted:

Not even a little bit. The only thing people will get mad about is not using Corrosive Projection.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Corpro isn't even super necessary except for like, some sortie 3s and a handful of grineer endless missions. It makes some things easier but it's not necessary for most content

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Yeah. They are strictly better stats-wise, but not enough to really matter that much when you're breaking the game over your knee in every other aspect, and nobody's gonna begrudge you for not grinding it out or shelling out plat for something vaulted because we've all been there.

I've never done a raid, so I don't have any arcanes. I'm not as optimal or whatever as I could potentially be with some, but I still mostly sortie with pubs (aka "what's corrosive projection?") and frequently bring whatever under-leveled guns I happened to forma recently just for some challenge.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Lex is great but it's got a lot of competition with Pandero, Vaykor Marelok, Pyrana (buff), Sicarus Prime (double buff), and Euphona Prime.

Yeah but keep in mind he said his first. It's gonna be a while before he's got the MR or rep for most of those.
One thing I like about this game is how low the 'floor' for finishing content is. Even the shittiest guns (sniper rifles) can be used for endgame content. So you can really just play what seems fun or looks cool. The riven, forma, and catalyst/reactor system go a long way there.

Poultron posted:

Only thing I'd say to be careful about is sinking resources like forma or reactors into a frame with a prime you want. Since there's no reason to have both. If you play her and really like Trinity and want her prime variant, there's a decent chance goons still have relics with her parts so ask in clanchat, you can probably get some parts as free drops. Goons might also be able to give or sell you parts cheap. The rest yeah you'd have to buy or trade for. Since she's only recently vaulted her part price isn't crazy yet.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Hell, I don't even run corpro on my Frostp. +25% armor is too nice

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the prime equipment really comes off like moneygrubbing pay to win stuff at first, but, it's generally easy enough to get your hands on stuff that's currently in rotation (especially if you're in the clan and ask around) and old things are occasionally taken out of the vault to be put back into rotation for like a month or so. there's some prime variant weapons that are definitely leagues ahead of the base version, but a lot of the time those same weapons will also have options like syndicate versions or various kinds of invasion versions which will be roughly on par with the prime in some way or another

warframe is actually kind of generous on the money front barring a couple of small annoyances such as slots for weapons/frames/etc.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Cracking relics to get a specific prime is a nightmare.

Crack a bunch of relics for a few weeks and you'll have too much stuff, including what you need.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Awesome, I will keep an eye out for those now. I just like the feel of the Lex and figured it would get me though a lot of content while I unlock the rest. Pretty stoked that Soma Prime is the next Twitch reward. Going to be a big upgrade over my Karak.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Lol end game.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
The only reason I even get prime frames anymore is because I have developed a crippling addiction to gold accents. So shiny.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Johnny Joestar posted:

the prime equipment really comes off like moneygrubbing pay to win stuff at first, but, it's generally easy enough to get your hands on stuff that's currently in rotation (especially if you're in the clan and ask around) and old things are occasionally taken out of the vault to be put back into rotation for like a month or so. there's some prime variant weapons that are definitely leagues ahead of the base version, but a lot of the time those same weapons will also have options like syndicate versions or various kinds of invasion versions which will be roughly on par with the prime in some way or another

warframe is actually kind of generous on the money front barring a couple of small annoyances such as slots for weapons/frames/etc.

I really love that you can trade the premium currency with other players. I'm pretty much a whale, but it makes the game a lot more enticing to the people who are really budget constrained so they can actually buy the poo poo that needs platinum (slots, scarfs, and sorta taters). It's the least P2W of the F2Ps I've played, I like it even better than Path of Exile's.

Speaking of, what's the best way to get plat if you're a free player? I know that you can still make a steady trickle trading Syndicate weapons, but I think you can make it more consistently and quickly by selling Corrupted mods if you can get a good 4 man team together.

Moatman posted:

Hell, I don't even run corpro on my Frostp. +25% armor is too nice

If you're going to use a non-corpro aura, Speed Holster and Energy Siphon are the real QOL improvements, which are incidentally also dash polarity. Some people like Growing Power but that seems like trying even harder than CorPro.

Also,

Rainuwastaken posted:

The only reason I even get prime frames anymore is because I have developed a crippling addiction to gold platinum accents. So shiny. And crippling mastery addiction.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Tulip posted:

If you're going to use a non-corpro aura, Speed Holster and Energy Siphon are the real QOL improvements, which are incidentally also dash polarity. Some people like Growing Power but that seems like trying even harder than CorPro.

I use Stand Together (and steel fiber and I think also AA) on Frost so I can eke out a bit more bubble health since max range has to tank power strength

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Poultron posted:

Imma go against what everyone else has said, with: "Yes, but only if they're shitheads"

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Poultron posted:

There aren't huge stat differences for like any of the frames. I think Oberon Prime actually just has a slightly prettier 4th ability. Most of the time it's looks and extra polarity slots for people like me who loving hate putting forma in frames.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Primes usually only mean gold trim, an extra starting polarity slot or two, and like ~15 higher base shields or some such stat.

Lex Prime is a fine side arm to potato.

Gold Trim uber alles.

I may have an extra Trinity Prime set, hit me up in game, my in game name is the same as here.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
You can see the differences between primes and non-primes on the wiki. It tends to be way more drastic for weapons than warframes, as weapons will have their raw damage values modified, while warframes tend to differ in health, shield, armor, and energy values.

e: For example, Ember Prime has 25% higher armor and shields, but Soma Prime has 20% higher damage, 100% larger mag size, faster spool up, and better status chance.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Sep 30, 2017

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Everyone is right that primes are not a big deal except for Excalibur Prime who is the best and should always be used because it's so much better than everything.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Prime frames are handy for void missions where you can get some energy by touching the death orbs. That’s handy to avoid stopping to drop an energy pizza at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Avulsion posted:

I'm a week into this terrible game and it's been a lot of fun so far, though the "Space Ninja" advertisement was a bit misleading. I spent my first hour playing like I imagined a space ninja would, sneaking around, hiding in the rafters and picking people off with a bow and arrow. Every hour since then has been spent flying around at mach three shooting people in the face with the loudest and most destructive weapons and magic powers at my disposal. It's actually a lot more relaxing this way.

The combat is fairly intuitive, but the less murdery parts of the game are a bit harder to pick up. The early resource grind was a nightmare, but now that I've made it to Jupiter I'm able to get the components I need to actually build poo poo. Which puts me at a crossroads, since I don't want to waste my hard earned space junk.

I have:

Frost Prime
Excalibur
Rhino (due in two days)

Boltor
Grakata
Hek

Lex
Dual Zorens

I have complete blueprints for Mag, Nyx, and Oberon as well, and I found the shop in the dojo that sells warframes so I have plenty of options to choose from. Maybe too many.

Build sonicor ASAP then ignis and use those to clear planets. Join whatever syndicate you want, but check the final tier award you have to give them and choose one that doesn't take something like a nikana piece or something insane.