Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I would argue that the last 3-4 FW have been amongst the best ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
That PSG fan they keep having on TFS is loving insufferable

Enjoyed listening to that stats guy on FW, despite the grating American accent (though at least he acknowledged it!). Made me realise as well that their work is almost identical to the sort of stuff I used to do when I worked in market research - could be an intriguing career change for if I ever go back to work

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

julian assflange posted:

I would argue that the last 3-4 FW have been amongst the best ever

The best will be when Barry's revenge plot is revealed and TFS is ashes.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

webmeister posted:

That PSG fan they keep having on TFS is loving insufferable

He is pathetic

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Julien is actually a good guy I remember him from the times podcast. He is just a legit psg fan which is why he is so happy.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Jimbo did seem legitimately bored listening to him.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I think my problem with it really is that it's just unusual to hear someone completely and unironically waxing lyrical about their team. Aside from Jim Campbell and Arsenal, it feels like most podcasters support smaller or unsuccessful teams and so for someone to just masturbate furiously about their team it's not real interesting to listen to.

Especially since it's loving PSG and their slave-state petrodollars buying the world's best players

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
Best thing about the stats guy was telling Barry that he was wrong about keepers being beaten on the near post.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Jimbo did seem legitimately bored listening to him.

Jimbo seems legit bored of presenting football podcasts in general honestly.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Jimbo is pining for Barry.

I agree that it is unusual to hear a pundit gush over their team and PSG are the worst team to gush over.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
In nearly 10 years of listening to Football Weekly I've still no idea who Jimbo supports

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Monday Bandele posted:

In nearly 10 years of listening to Football Weekly I've still no idea who Jimbo supports

I don't think he was interested in football until he got the italian gig .

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Monday Bandele posted:

Buffon. Not Juventus, just Buffon. But who doesn't?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I love Wilson and Barry being Sunderland fans.

My favourite was Wilson getting lovely at Sunderland for being relegated because they weren't reclaiming their record (which they set twice lmao) for the lowest point haul in a season and as such "was doing it in a really half-assed way."

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
[quote="“Monday Bandele”" post="“476915437”"]
In nearly 10 years of listening to Football Weekly I’ve still no idea who Jimbo supports
[/quote]

Roma iirc

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
I loved stats guy on FW but I really do long for Barry's death and/or retirement.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

britishbornandbread posted:

I loved stats guy on FW but I really do long for Barry's death and/or retirement.

Or learning to not say Merino instead of Mourinho.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Barry is cool and good though.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Barry owns, he's simultaneously the old curmudgeon who has absolutely no idea he's the old curmudgeon

Though I realised yesterday that FW hasn't had Jacob Steinberg or that other insufferably boring guy on for quite a while - maybe the reason behind its resurgence?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Barry owns

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That said there is always one person in ten who hates him mainly because he supports Sunderland

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Barry offers absolutely no insights I myself couldn't gauge from watching games of football. Everyone else, for all their sperglord faults, at least speaks a second language or goes to Africa to chronicle the outer edges of football.

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
Barry's lack of insight and funny voice are what makes FW and his radio show with Max, hope that helps.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

grvm posted:

Barry's lack of insight and funny voice are what makes FW and his radio show with Max, hope that helps.

This!

Also they brought Jacqui back :toot:

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
I like how the American guy had to explain to him that no, goalies are not literally unbeatable if they get their angles right

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past
Jacqui is excellent. I've barely even been watching football recently but I love the new Football Weekly.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
the norwegian guy tearing into burnley with stats was hilarious

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
I like Max and think he has stepped up really well but having to redo such a big portion of the show out of forgetfulness was a bit jarring.

Couldn't tell you who was on Totally Football this week. Completely bland.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I don't care about Gordon Stray-can

Also I tried to listen to Totally Football League show

It sucked.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Is it me or are basically all the French pundits on these shows insufferable

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I quite like Phillips Auclair

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Yeah, Phillipe Auclair owns. I just completely skip the Totally show when the PSG supporting guy is on though

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

webmeister posted:

Yeah, Phillipe Auclair owns. I just completely skip the Totally show when the PSG supporting guy is on though

Yeah he is a sad sack of poo poo

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Traffordcast is about to do a live preview stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reVWxL5FF7k

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
I can't help but warm to Max Rushden, especially when he brought up Gaetan Bong to just make a stupid joke and got given his life story by two panelists.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Monday Bandele posted:

I can't help but warm to Max Rushden, especially when he brought up Gaetan Bong to just make a stupid joke and got given his life story by two panelists.

I like Max a lot, what do people dislike about him?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

eleven extra elephants posted:

I like Max a lot, what do people dislike about him?

That he wasn’t Jimbo

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
James has a more composed, smart presentation. And some of the best and worst puns around. He’s either really good at improv or a lot of work has gone into his presentation.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Mandalay posted:

James has a more composed, smart presentation. And some of the best and worst puns around. He’s either really good at improv or a lot of work has gone into his presentation.

yeah but he can't say the number 3 and it's annoying as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Athletico Mince have compiled all the Gangs of the EPL segments into a video: https://youtu.be/9scJWOkvCNo