Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mystery fluid
Feb 12, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm 6' 1 and 3/4" but I tell everyone I'm 6'2". I hope my shameful secret is safe with you guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

this thread taught me that the Scandinavian peninsula is chock full of really tall and insecure fuccbois

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

this thread taught me that the Scandinavian peninsula is chock full of really tall and insecure fuccbois
I smell a field trip

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Blue Star posted:

I think it'd be pretty great to have a boyfriend shorter than me. I like to imagine his face being right in my boobs as I reach down and grab his cute rear end and squeeze it mercilessly while smothering his face with my bosom. Im sure other ladygoons will back me up on this. But alas, dudes arent into this. :sad:

Nice!

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Yeah I feel like the only people who care about height are insecure shorter men who can't get women and blame it on their height, insecure taller men who can't get women but feel like 'ha at least I have my height and natural advantage over those shrimps', and vain women who can't get men due to their vanity. Seriously who gives a gently caress.

Can't speak for gay people because I don't know how gay dating works

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Blue Star posted:

I think it'd be pretty great to have a boyfriend shorter than me. I like to imagine his face being right in my boobs as I reach down and grab his cute rear end and squeeze it mercilessly while smothering his face with my bosom. Im sure other ladygoons will back me up on this. But alas, dudes arent into this. :sad:

I love women. Big, small.

I'll climb gently caress Mountain, who cares?

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Parsley posted:

4'10" so just too tall to be classed as a dwarf
pisses me off actually

anyway, pituitary gland

I dated a girl that was 4'11 and she constantly drilled into my head that's wasn't a midget because you needed to be 4'10 or lower for that- so is it 4'9 then?

I never called her short or anything, but like most short people she was obsessed with height.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

facebook jihad posted:

Yeah I feel like the only people who care about height are insecure shorter men who can't get women and blame it on their height, insecure taller men who can't get women but feel like 'ha at least I have my height and natural advantage over those shrimps', and vain women who can't get men due to their vanity. Seriously who gives a gently caress.

nice meltdown, manlet

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Evil Agita posted:

I never called her short or anything, but like most short people she was obsessed with height.
It's not fun being surrounded by people who can physically crush you without much effort. Tends to wire you up a bit.

facebook jihad posted:

So what you're telling me, is that no one is getting laid tonight

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Kaincypher posted:

If there was a legit height-enhancing surgery for men (or women, but I'm sure it would probably be men for the most part) it would become more popular than every type of women's plastic surgery (boobs, butt, lipo, lips, you name it) overnight. Right up there with the Ren and Stimpy pectoral implants, for those old enough to remember those classics.
There absolutely is, the Gattaca thing. This guy went from 5'6" to 6' for example. However, turns out it's a hassle and expensive so nobody actually does it, but it definitely exists.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Anne Whateley posted:

There absolutely is, the Gattaca thing. This guy went from 5'6" to 6' for example. However, turns out it's a hassle and expensive so nobody actually does it, but it definitely exists.

quote:

Surgeons break the leg bone in two and implant a state-of-the-art telescopic rod into the middle of the broken bones which then pulls the bone apart very slowly, about one millimeter a day.

New bone grows around it and tissues like the muscle, the nerves, the arteries, and the skin, regenerate as well.

this sounds like a medieval form of torture what the gently caress

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

myDad posted:

I'm so big I could eat your lunch for breakfast

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

TheIllestVillain posted:

Shorts will do anything to be like us

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Shorts will do anything to be like us

you sound kinda short to me, i'm gonna need some proof manlet

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
The average is 6.0? I thought it was 4.0. This is very unsettling.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I wish I was short so I could blame my problems with women on height.

When relatives ask why I'm not married I can just say "I'm short" as they nod in agreement.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I was just shy of 6'1" at one point, then I joined the army and destroyed a few discs in my back. I'm 5'11" because I gave my height to the army, for my country.

Lol more like left that height in Iraq.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

TheIllestVillain posted:

I think it's probably telling that my takeaway was "oh, so new bone and muscles grow around it."

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
What I'm saying is that I need to see if there are rules against starting a gofundme for this.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

I was just shy of 6'1" at one point, then I joined the army and destroyed a few discs in my back. I'm 5'11" because I gave my height to the army, for my country.

Lol more like left that height in Iraq.

Goddam dude if you tell that story to the ladies you'd be swimming in vagina non stop

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Nah. I live in a military city. There's not much pussy here I'd want to swim in.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
i'm 6'1" and genuinely cute though slightly skinnyfat rn because of heavy drinking but i have a big wang and honestly i am v happy with my physical condition thanks for asking

i also just got my teeth fixed and here in the land of missing teeth mine are now gems and i get complimented on them all the time.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

TheIllestVillain posted:

I've seen vids of people recovering, it absolutely is. I'm also really skeptical of the article. Everything I've heard says the procedure gives you 1-2" max.

Conch Shell Corp
Feb 24, 2009

what do girls call men under six feet?

friends

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

fr0id posted:

The average is 6.0? I thought it was 4.0. This is very unsettling.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Conch Shell Corp posted:

what do girls call men under six feet?

friends

i thought it was 'dead'.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

nice meltdown, manlet

Exhibit A

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

I'm actually a nebula, prefer not to say which, but my height is measured in astronomical units by Earthlings.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

facebook jihad posted:

Don't quote me but I think it involves the anus

sout
Apr 24, 2014

i round up to 5'8

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I'm 5'4. It is also bizarre and slightly unnerving to know that most people can pick you up and walk around like it ain't no thing.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

facebook jihad posted:

It's women

women care. a lot of them!

hope this hleps

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
"tall and handsome" has bern the generic criteria for male beauty as far as i have been alive at least

but who cares

im short, in sweden and i have no issues gettin dates. They're 90% of the time with short girls tho

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Zzulu posted:

"tall and handsome" has bern the generic criteria for male beauty as far as i have been alive at least
Other weird little linguistic examples:

"Tall, dark, and handsome"
"He came up short"
"He's a small, insignificant man"
"Reach high"

Plus:

Shooting a camera from a low angle makes someone look big, domineering, in-charge, and even scary
Shooting from a high angle makes someone look small, weak, frightened, childlike, submissive
This is an instinctual process filmmakers have understood since at least the filming of Citizen Kane.

----------------------------------------------

It doesn't mean poo poo in-practice unless you're one of those guys who extrapolates "some/most women don't want to gently caress me" into "all the women don't want to gently caress me" and act like a brat because of it, but y'know, it's there.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
I don't think it matters as much as people think it does, maybe don't try dating people who only care about height or let their caring about it bother you, there's really not that many of them. i'm 5'10" and dated women from 5'0" to 6'2" and height was never the reason it didn't work out (spoiler: it was me).

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's way more about getting your foot in the door, which is not a problem you'd necessarily have at 5'10".

I have three choices when making an online dating profile:
  • Be honest about my height -- 5'7". In the real world 5'7" doesn't matter, I have a chance to introduce myself and get rejected for any reason. Online all a woman has to do is set the filter to the US average (5'8") or above, and I'm gone. That's before anyone even looks at my profile.
  • Lie about my height and hope she's bad at telling the difference, and even then I could get away with saying I'm 5'9" at the tallest, which is again easy to filter out if she can afford to be picky (and face it, online loads of girls can).
  • Don't list a height. "Oh he must be short."

It's so sad that I have to keep stressing that being short isn't some death sentence or that it matters in the end lest anyone accuse me of insecurity or defeatism, but height is a limiting factor the same way you can be an obese woman and have to take selfies from specific angles and accept that loads of guys are going to be sexually negative towards you.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I'm 4 inches, from the ground baby! :grin:

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Zzulu posted:

but who cares

im short, in sweden and i have no issues gettin dates. They're 90% of the time with short girls tho

Are you the guitarist from nightwish

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

mind the walrus posted:

It's way more about getting your foot in the door, which is not a problem you'd necessarily have at 5'10".

I have three choices when making an online dating profile:
  • Be honest about my height -- 5'7". In the real world 5'7" doesn't matter, I have a chance to introduce myself and get rejected for any reason. Online all a woman has to do is set the filter to the US average (5'8") or above, and I'm gone. That's before anyone even looks at my profile.
  • Lie about my height and hope she's bad at telling the difference, and even then I could get away with saying I'm 5'9" at the tallest, which is again easy to filter out if she can afford to be picky (and face it, online loads of girls can).
  • Don't list a height. "Oh he must be short."

It's so sad that I have to keep stressing that being short isn't some death sentence or that it matters in the end lest anyone accuse me of insecurity or defeatism, but height is a limiting factor the same way you can be an obese woman and have to take selfies from specific angles and accept that loads of guys are going to be sexually negative towards you.

Another bad thing is that even if you're honest about your height a lot of women might just assume you must be even shorter than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

all the talls (6'2" +) i know are supremely chill irl

why is this thread so bad

• Locked thread