Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Captain Snaps posted:

That's how I procure mine, by cutting it out of my victims.

yeah, but do you do it as a communal effort? that is an important step.

Personally I think that meat should be banned unless you do one of the following: pay someone to get it for you; have it given to you for free by someone; or you get it yourself, either through farming or hunting or something. Unless it is one of those three things, meat should never be allowed, and this should reduce unnecessary meat consumption.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

TeenageArchipelago posted:

yeah, but do you do it as a communal effort? that is an important step.

Personally I think that meat should be banned unless you do one of the following: pay someone to get it for you; have it given to you for free by someone; or you get it yourself, either through farming or hunting or something. Unless it is one of those three things, meat should never be allowed, and this should reduce unnecessary meat consumption.

Unless :thejoke:, this is already how meat is obtained, it is known as an economy and ours has developed over several centuries based on the principle of paying people to obtain things or render services for us

If you're talking one step only, direct meat producer to direct meat consumer, that's called a farmers market and is a good way to ensure only rich white people get meat

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Hollismason posted:

Yeah it's just a bullshit reason people eat meat. If 50 percent of the US were vegetarian , Global Warning wouldn't exist.

Bullshit. Cutting meat consumption by 50% would not eliminate global warming.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

logosanatic posted:

its not? last i heard climate change means more frequent and more powerful hurricanes. but puerto rico wont get devastated again?

NOAA's estimate is that the number of Atlantic Hurricanes will increase by 2 to 11% by the end of the century. So no, it's not going to be radical "every year Puerto Rico gets smashed from now on" situation like you're implying. Even in 2100, years like this year will be an anomaly, not the norm. It's not a multiplier of 5X or something.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I eat meat because it's delicious. If we weren't supposed to eat animals they wouldn't taste so good. :colbert:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

There Bias Two posted:

Eh, it'd help. Cattle especially are a major contributor to greenhouse gases.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Covok posted:

God, I can't even, the survival of my people is a loving political arguement now. Millions will die because a fat idiots ego got hurt when brown people asked for more help. And because America is a racist shithole: his base is loving every second of this terror.

My people are being genocided against as we speak, but politicans will do nothing.

God drat it. Just gently caress.

You're making things worse with this nonsense.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Hollismason posted:

Yeah it's just a bullshit reason people eat meat. If 50 percent of the US were vegetarian , Global Warning wouldn't exist.

loving goons jesus christ.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Deuce posted:

Yeah, gently caress him for being concerned about people he cares about.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Deuce posted:

loving goons jesus christ.

loving goons is not a good idea, actually

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Peven Stan posted:

Eating less meat? Some people I know eat meat at every meal. It's staggering, considering that in the early 20th century a whole chicken costs around $20 in inflation adjusted dollars.

Do you think the American people are entitled to a right to be able to eat as much meat as possible?

drat that Hoover and his "A chicken in every pot"

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

skylined! posted:

that's kind of the point. go back and read through the progression of conversation, bud.

Sorry, I just responded to your post alone, didn't look at your whole convo.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Eh, it'd help. Cattle especially are a major contributor to greenhouse gases.

Yes, it would indeed help, but that's not what he said.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Quorum posted:

loving goons is not a good idea, actually

Yes, but it is hip to gently caress bees. Huey Lewis told me so.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

theflyingorc posted:

NOAA's estimate is that the number of Atlantic Hurricanes will increase by 2 to 11% by the end of the century. So no, it's not going to be radical "every year Puerto Rico gets smashed from now on" situation like you're implying. Even in 2100, years like this year will be an anomaly, not the norm. It's not a multiplier of 5X or something.

What about the strength distribution, though? And Caribbean in general is both in a bad spot wrt to Hurricanes and more affected because, well, islands!

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Guys he said it would stop global warNing, not global warMing. Please make an effort to actually read the man's post before attacking it.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Deuce posted:

What? No.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

covok!!! :argh:

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/914174554196647938

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

What?

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

CO!!!!! VOK!!!!!! :bang: :derp:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/Impeach_D_Trump/status/914170476418678784

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

quote:

The officials said White House aides also were told they should assume that foreign cyberspies had already penetrated their personal email systems to some degree and used that access to vacuum up everything not just on their own computers and phones but those of their contacts.

I'm fairly uninformed about the ins and outs of this stuff - how does this happen? How are they able to access the information of contacts in Kushner's phones? Is this via a phishing attempt or is there some super secret thing they are doing that allows them access to people he simply has in there as a contact?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Burt Buckle posted:

Guys he said it would stop global warNing, not global warMing. Please make an effort to actually read the man's post before attacking it.

'N' for nancy, not 'm' for mancy.

Also what was this global warning used for before?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/President1Trump/status/914153278904127488

mystes
May 31, 2006

That's just what the media want us to think! :tinfoil:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Further radicalization portends the end.

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe

This is fake, just so you know. The fact the Trump picture doesn't fit is a dead giveaway.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Go
gently caress
Yourself

https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/914122976320212993
https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/914168719286431749

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Kelly posted:

I'm fairly uninformed about the ins and outs of this stuff - how does this happen? How are they able to access the information of contacts in Kushner's phones? Is this via a phishing attempt or is there some super secret thing they are doing that allows them access to people he simply has in there as a contact?

They didn't attack Jared's contacts via Jared's phone, they identified Jared's contacts and attacked them directly.

As to how, or whether this is an accurate assessment or an exaggeration, who knows?

But there's fun things like https://bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/detail?id=1289 and https://bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/detail?id=1302 where you attack the operating system running on the target phone's WiFi chip via a malformed WiFi packet, and once you've taken control of the WiFi chip's operating system, you attack the phone's operating system via defects in the phone's WiFi device driver.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Covok posted:

God, I can't even, the survival of my people is a loving political arguement now. Millions will die because a fat idiots ego got hurt when brown people asked for more help. And because America is a racist shithole: his base is loving every second of this terror.

My people are being genocided against as we speak, but politicans will do nothing.

God drat it. Just gently caress.

Deuce posted:

If Lin Manuel Miranda, the human muppet emoji, is so freaked out he's posting "You are going straight to hell" at the President, I don't think we can really fault Covok for freaking out a bit too. Nothing he says here is "making it worse" unless by "it" you mean "my posting experience" and not "conditions in Puerto Rico".

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

The Email Prankster has been promoted.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Holy poo poo your right. I've never seen that.

Ivanka really does need to buy more bots at this point. The ratio will only make him madder and madder.

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Sep 30, 2017

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

pseudorandom name posted:

They didn't attack Jared's contacts via Jared's phone, they identified Jared's contacts and attacked them directly.

As to how, or whether this is an accurate assessment or an exaggeration, who knows?

But there's fun things like https://bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/detail?id=1289 and https://bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/detail?id=1302 where you attack the operating system running on the target phone's WiFi chip via a malformed WiFi packet, and once you've taken control of the WiFi chip's operating system, you attack the phone's operating system via defects in the phone's WiFi device driver.

Gotcha - thanks!

Based on what we've seen with how politicians (in general) handle technology, it seems like a group ripe for the picking.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/brianstelter/status/914181071113277441

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

If Lin Manuel Miranda, the human muppet emoji, is so freaked out he's posting "You are going straight to hell" at the President, I don't think we can really fault Covok for freaking out a bit too. Nothing he says here is "making it worse" unless by "it" you mean "my posting experience" and not "conditions in Puerto Rico".

I just saw that myself on twitter. I don't think people realize how loving devastating this is for Puerto Ricans. We are citizens! And we are being abandoned to die! We have family down there! My uncle and aunt are in their 60s, do you think they'd survive a cholera outbreak? Right now, we can't bury my grandfather next to his wife because of this bullshit, I don't want to lose anyone else right now and I especially can't stand this President's bullshit right now, even less so people telling me I'm overreacting.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
gently caress Trump but also meat is delicious

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Covok posted:

I just saw that myself on twitter. I don't think people realize how loving devastating this is for Puerto Ricans. We are citizens! And we are being abandoned to die! We have family down there! My uncle and aunt are in their 60s, do you think they'd survive a cholera outbreak? Right now, we can't bury my grandfather next to his wife because of this bullshit, I don't want to lose anyone else right now and I especially can't stand this President's bullshit right now, even less so people telling me I'm overreacting.

Man you ain't overreacting, this shits hosed up.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

There Bias Two posted:

It 100 percent would. The US is a the biggest contributor to methane gas which is a byproduct of our obsession with cows so yeah , less meat and specificatlly cows would benefit the Earth greatly

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/266282020395708417

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

r.y.f.s.o. posted:

shocker, look who else is on the poo poo train, choo choo

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/914150862238441473

Lookit the generous US funneling all that money into Puerto Rico! That money COULD be going to Americans! And why in the hell does Puerto Rico (or "PuErTo RiCo" amIrite???) not have to pay federal taxes while AT THE SAME TIME not getting federal representation?? I mean seriously: who protests by not paying taxes?? We should send them some tea so they'll calm down.

• Locked thread