Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I masturbate to God drat everything son like God intended

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Flipswitch posted:

I masturbate to God drat everything son like God intended

Look at this unironic anime avatar...

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

VulgarandStupid posted:

Look at this unironic anime avatar...

You're one to talk about bad avs :cawg:

Also hugpillow model for sledge's hammer when?!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Anyone mind sharing some Bandit tips? I know about using the Bandit trick (which seems really fiddly to do in soloqueue?), but it feels a bit awkward to do to know you're playing vs a Thermite and where to do it? though I guess that's part of the learning. So I usually just put them on barbed wire to catch drones, or behind shields. Am I right about this or what?

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Maybe there's been a meta shift (they changed it so charges instakill drones now, it used to take like 3 ticks), I haven't played that much since the update, but I'd still think except for a few specific locations you wanna be using your charges on walls rather than against drones or on shields. You don't need to be active banditing for it to be worthwhile, it still requires Hibana/Thermite to coordinate with Twitch/Thatcher. Just leave them on any important wall and it still forces them to reposition, be delayed, and be in predictable spots, which is always good for your team. Learning what are important walls is part of what you gotta do as a Bandit player, but exterior walls and Mira windows are a good rule of thumb if you don't have any other ideas.

As for tips: shoot out the wall before you reinforce it, the sound carries better which'll make it easier to hear the charge plant. Also turn your sound way up so you can listen. Make sure your teammates are covering angles people might get you from (stairs on consulate garage, blue corridor on snowmobile garage are ash-rush favorites for instance) so you don't have to worry about them. If it's a 2 wide wall, I always set the first 2 charges down immediately and consider them sacrificial, but if you sorta-randomly pick one up and put it down again repeatedly when you hear them outside you can often save it and waste their EMP (even better if you can actually listen/look for the EMP, but I've only had luck with that when they throw it directly up against the wall and I see the blue light bleed through). Also don't over commit. If a Thermite charge is going off but you're not already ready for it, it's probably too late, even if you think you can get it.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Cheers bud, I'll give it a go more. I don't play him very often because I feel a bit clueless playing him compared to some of the other operators, but I want to learn for sure.

Also, we anime as heck:

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
If you shoot the hostage in the head at point blank range with a shotgun will that for sure kill them? I'd like to think I just tanked a comeback game really hard because they TKed and tried to votekick me when the round started but I am not sure if I actually did.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
suggestion: if you lose a round because it times out, it counts against your k/d. too many lamos holding back for their stats that miss prime opportunities for clutches

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
that'd be awesome. iirc tf2 put an emphasis on this and tracked class specific stats that promoted teamwork and fun gameplay. its funny to look player's stats up mid round or ask them about their rank or avatar or whatever but a lot of people do it rather too seriously and it definitely affects gameplay frequently. there are a lot of people that just play for k:d though so i think if it was removed people would literally cry over it while calling casuals carebears.

Flipswitch posted:

Cheers bud, I'll give it a go more. I don't play him very often because I feel a bit clueless playing him compared to some of the other operators, but I want to learn for sure.

Also, we anime as heck:

rad chibi bruh

as for bandit, he pairs excellently with mute so try to coordinate with anyone you see playing them. don't double down on jammets and batteries tho.

they removed the acog from him but you still see ppl playing him regularly compared to the huge dropoff in jager mains.

batteries aside one thing that bandit is good for harassment. ela is obv the new queen of this and jager is still good in his own way but bandit is an excellent roamer and is a slippery bastard to deal with if he commits to hit and run attacks. the mp7 is way deadlier than it first appears.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Tumble posted:

If you shoot the hostage in the head at point blank range with a shotgun will that for sure kill them? I'd like to think I just tanked a comeback game really hard because they TKed and tried to votekick me when the round started but I am not sure if I actually did.

Hostage has 200% health compared to an OP and an headshot will do 120 dmg per bullet (base 100hp +20- dbno) The game handles 3 distance calculating bullet drop damage. Let's call them close, (100%) medium(-30%) and far (-50%).

You do the math from there.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hard posted:

Hostage has 200% health compared to an OP and an headshot will do 120 dmg per bullet (base 100hp +20- dbno) The game handles 3 distance calculating bullet drop damage. Let's call them close, (100%) medium(-30%) and far (-50%).

I thought shotguns didn't get extra damage for headshots?

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Hard posted:

Between your math and the fact that I got kicked from the game, I'm pretty sure I ruined their game!

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

https://streamable.com/b7kiv

This is probably the most annoying thing about siege, clan tagged people getting riled up because you didn't choose their optimal op last round

Orv
May 4, 2011
I don't think I've run across a clan group in months that hasn't been racists/assholes/teamkillers/literal screaming children. Sometimes all of the above!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Hard posted:

Oh so the Hostage straight up has 200 health? I remember reading a long time ago they were just treated like they had level 3 armor for the purposes of bullet damage. Do they still come back with the standard 50 health if they are injured and then revived like regular OPS or do they just come back with the standard 100 then?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I7Xw_WrsXo

This is my new favourite thing to do.

Top Quark
Aug 2, 2010

"Going where no man has gone before."
Hard is there a chance earned alpha packs can limit their selection to stuff for operators the player actually has unlocked, because holy goddamn is it a bummer to play 10-20 rounds just for a common gun skin for an operator I don't even have.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
I've gotten more duplicates than things for operators I don't have.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Yeah that's pretty annoying, tbh you should get alpha packs on leveling, too

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

*edit* https://gifsound.com/?gif=https://i.imgur.com/KxA8EcJ.gif&v=Hy8kmNEo1i8

Basticle fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Oct 2, 2017

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

I found someone there indeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EVVlY-_vYE

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Cool, someone modernized YTMND.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
Hard god drat it I waited forever to buy 50 battle packs and now that I finally have it I can't open the last 13.

!!!!!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

IceOrb posted:

Hard god drat it I waited forever to buy 50 battle packs and now that I finally have it I can't open the last 13.

!!!!!

It's a lucky number. When you arrange them into the right shape in your inventory, you will get a legendary topless Tachanka skin.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Rainbow 6 Siege: Get rid of Operation Health. No, not like that.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

cinci zoo sniper posted:

It's a lucky number. When you arrange them into the right shape in your inventory, you will get a legendary topless Tachanka skin.

There's a clip of me mashing the enter key for 5 minutes to try and get a pack to open lol.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It would sure be loving nice if we had a button to report lovely grouped up TKers who TK and votekick people off the team, or people with Nazi avatars, instead of relying on the lovely BattlEye reporting.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

so turns out that castle/ela pair up well in that you can bust down the friendly castle wall to 1 hit left on a really obvious spot and then put an ela mine on it. when the attacker goes to start breaching it will insta-pop the ela mine and the door letting you kill them before they realized what even happened :lol:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Yeah I learned very unpleasantly last night that if your arm moves inside the space of a boarded door/window when meleeing it counts for the purposes of the mine triggers. Good times.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7eq2YAwH_o

gonna miss 1 hit kills but i genuinely think the kapkan changes are for the best and will make him more fun and interesting to play

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Thief posted:

gonna miss 1 hit kills but i genuinely think the kapkan changes are for the best and will make him more fun and interesting to play

Your video is smoother than my game lol.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Thief posted:

Yes lately I pretty much never see any Kapkan trap frag (gold 2). People have gotten pretty good at predicting/spotting the traps.
I expect the invisible laser will yeld many more kaboom.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Ye same. New kapkan looks wicked.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
When are the changes supposed to go live?

Also, I had never seen this game being played on anything less than a latency of 130ms. Man, it looks smooth.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

It would sure be loving nice if we had a button to report lovely grouped up TKers who TK and votekick people off the team, or people with Nazi avatars, instead of relying on the lovely BattlEye reporting.

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Cases/Channel

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Your video is smoother than my game lol.
too bad it doesn't help my :corsair: aim lmao

here's some more old random stuff of him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kOJ_ca5jgw

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

What res do you play at and what bitrate is all this encoded at?

Cause there's something about this video that just looks really nice.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

It's 2017. I shouldn't have to open a support ticket to report griefers and Nazis.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Thief posted:

too bad it doesn't help my :corsair: aim lmao

here's some more old random stuff of him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kOJ_ca5jgw
Idk what you complain about your aim, unless the video bits take like maps in-between of you just dieing constantly. No one cares as long as you land the shots you take, even if it does involve 40 second salsa around the kitchen. :v:

IceOrb posted:

What res do you play at and what bitrate is all this encoded at?

Cause there's something about this video that just looks really nice.

Yeah the quality is soothing. It's been a while since I have played a game without severely compromising on some graphical aspect. Siege rund well enough on my machine, but not this great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Just looks like normal shadowplay video to me (tho to be fair I'm on my phone rn) shadowplay dies let you jack up the bit rate tho

• Locked thread