Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Kurtofan posted:

Mario coming up soon fellers, what are you worrying about

How I'm gonna fit both Mario AND Wolfenstein in at once :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Nolgthorn posted:

I'm worried the hat possessed Mario the same way it possesses everything it touches. You are playing the game as possessed Mario up until the end when the hat gets what it wants and turns on him.

And at the climax Mario beats the hat to death with a golf club

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Also didn't Miyamoto say the next Pikmin was pretty much done last year? I wouldn't be surprised if we get that in 2018 as well

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Daveski posted:

And at the climax Mario beats the hat to death with a golf club

What are you mad, the hat is too powerful Mario could never win.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Macaluso posted:

How I'm gonna fit both Mario AND Wolfenstein in at once :ohdear:

Heh.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

Nolgthorn posted:

I'm worried the hat possessed Mario the same way it possesses everything it touches. You are playing the game as possessed Mario up until the end when the hat gets what it wants and turns on him.

At the end of the game the hat abandons him and Mario regains agency and realizes the horrors he's committed under the hat's control, cue his cartoony "oh noooo!"

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Mario uses his magic underwear to control the hat.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ventana posted:

fwiw I still am worried. Nintendo is shaping up to have a good first year, but the worry for Switch (for me, anyways) has always been if they can keep up momentum. And it's not easy to believe they'll have as strong software sales when we know only so little of 2018's releases and it doesn't look to replicate all the strong releases this year.

At least Doom port has me hopeful that 3rd parties might actually consider giving Switch a shot now.

You just gotta remember at this point in 2016 we knew literally nothing of their 2017 releases except Zelda and some mostly wrong rumors. The Switch hadn't even been shown yet

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Pre-ordered the Mario Switch bundle on Amazon

Really like the red color of the controllers

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

SgtSteel91 posted:

darn those do look slick.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

I held off on the neon yellow joy cons, but if they sell those dark red Mario ones standalone I'll snap them fuckers up without hesitation.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

drat people's connections in FIFA are so often poo poo and you can tell they are playing portable mode. Unfortunately switch is made for that so I can't really call these loving idiots loving idiots completely since it's justified loving idiocy

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/914006918116646912

Not coming to America.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

XyrlocShammypants posted:

drat people's connections in FIFA are so often poo poo and you can tell they are playing portable mode. Unfortunately switch is made for that so I can't really call these loving idiots loving idiots completely since it's justified loving idiocy

Lord it over the "porties."

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guy Goodbody posted:

Pokemon might be next year.

Oh are we just skipping to 2019 after december?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Also didn't Miyamoto say the next Pikmin was pretty much done last year? I wouldn't be surprised if we get that in 2018 as well

That was several years ago now.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Al Borland Corp. posted:

You just gotta remember at this point in 2016 we knew literally nothing of their 2017 releases except Zelda and some mostly wrong rumors. The Switch hadn't even been shown yet

That is very true, that's why I was never in the "Switch is doomed" camp. But it also means we can't be too complacent about them either. Nintendo currently only has so many big selling franchises to put out, with a bunch of them already released or unlikely to come out soon (MK/Pokemon/Animal Crossing, imo). If they can continue lining up switch with software releases ala 3DS until they get those big sellers + get to them sooner, I think they'll be fine, but I can't say I'm confident that 2018 will compare well to this year in terms of software sales.

I'm at least a tiny bit hopeful that, since Switch software sales have been really good so far, that a "mediocre" year for Switch would still be a good year for them.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Good god these Mega Picross puzzles are another level altogether!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Absolutely disgusting this is even a choice.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Rexroom posted:

Not coming to America.

Good, since it's not really any sort of opinion.

They should give America crunchy or soft shelled tacos or something. Now that's a debate.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Suspicious Cook posted:

Good, since it's not really any sort of opinion.

They should give America crunchy or soft shelled tacos or something. Now that's a debate.

Flour vs. Corn tortillas is the true question.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Any one have an idea of what the Binding of Isaac patch was?

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

overdesigned posted:

Flour vs. Corn tortillas is the true question.

If anyone prefers flour I think less of them as a person

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Might as well rename the sides to Normal people vs Literal, actual trash golems who the gently caress does backrolls?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

chaleski posted:

You're just another shill for Big Corn.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

chaleski posted:

Flour soft but corn hard. Come at me.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Beastie posted:

They added some of the Booster Packs from the PC version, a charge bar, some missing bug fixes, and also apparently adjusted the balance of Angel Rooms.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

SgtSteel91 posted:

You'll get it in January, your preorder is going on a treasure truck

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Beastie posted:

It apparently fixed bugs and added the booster packs items.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Nolgthorn posted:

How would they top MK8, a lot of people really liked double dash... maybe like that?

They don't have to top it. But trying to get through the next 5 years with a previous gen MK, a previous gen Zelda a Mario that came out 6 months after launch is probably not going to work.

They are going to need another Zelda and another MK and a new Smash. It's great that they front-loaded the first year of release. They also needed to do this to get the thing in peoples living rooms. Now they need to keep it up or they will eventually peter out. Can't rest on their laurels.

And again, MK8 is not a current gen game. It's a rerelease of last gen. They need a NEW one.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
one sheet or two sheet

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

They absolutely don't need another Mario Kart on Switch. No one had a Wii U, the game looks "next gen" still and I'm sure it'll continue to sell well for the entirety of the Switch's life. DLC seems like a smarter option and I'd rather have MK9 on whatever succeeds the Switch.

I feel the same with Smash 4 but we'll see what they do.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Sep 30, 2017

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Real hurthling! posted:

Oh are we just skipping to 2019 after december?

They said it could be out as early as 2018

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Waltzing Along posted:

They don't have to top it. But trying to get through the next 5 years with a previous gen MK, a previous gen Zelda a Mario that came out 6 months after launch is probably not going to work.

They are going to need another Zelda and another MK and a new Smash. It's great that they front-loaded the first year of release. They also needed to do this to get the thing in peoples living rooms. Now they need to keep it up or they will eventually peter out. Can't rest on their laurels.

And again, MK8 is not a current gen game. It's a rerelease of last gen. They need a NEW one.

Nah they will just do like usual and have 18 months where they release 2 games and it will be fine and everyone will still love them. Get another console to fill in the gaps.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guy Goodbody posted:

They said it could be out as early as 2018

The man who mention the unnamed game off hand in the e3 direct with no graphic card or anything was mighty vague about how far the game was along and said it might take some time.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

It's weird to me that in a year with Mario Odyssey and breath of the wild, people think that nothing can be done to top MK8. Do we need a new Mario kart? Probably not. But I'm pretty confident that whatever they come up with for Mario kart 9 will be bonkers

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I hope the new Mario Kart is actually F-Zero instead.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I could see another Zelda coming to Switch after the DLC drops but I think it'll be a coop game or Zelda Maker.

[quote="“Frankston”" post="“476923255”"]
I hope the new Mario Kart is actually F-Zero instead.
[/quote]

Yeah, this is what I want. I'd be pissed if we got two MKs on Switch before a new F-Zero.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yeah, this is what I want. I'd be pissed if we got two MKs on Switch before a new F-Zero.

Even though Nintendo have never released two different Mario Karts on the same system before (excluding VC), I still that would be more likely than a new F-Zero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
zelda mask of the wilde, where you can become the bird bard, a rock man, a desert lady and the buff shark

• Locked thread