Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013
Wenn wir davon ausgehen, dass er seine Cousine geheiratet hat, dann ist die Schwester seiner Frau in der Tat seine Cousine. :eng101:

Edit: Hundesteuer wurde diesen Monat schon gezahlt.

Dommolus Magnus fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dommolus Magnus posted:

Wenn wir davon ausgehen, dass er seine Cousine geheiratet hat, dann ist die Schwester seiner Frau in der Tat seine Cousine. :eng101:
:catdrugs:

(it doubles as dog tax)

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Libluini posted:

Die Ironie bei diesen ganzen Rechnungen sind die enorm hohen Gesundheitskosten, die die darauf folgengen Mangelerkrankungen vom Staat abverlangen.

also reminder that the current hartz4 allotments for electricity are literally not enough to cover the average electricity bill lmao :classiclol:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

botany posted:

also reminder that the current hartz4 allotments for electricity are literally not enough to cover the average electricity bill lmao :classiclol:

well nobody said poor people should be able to run a fridge

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

They had that option in form of Linke. They didn't want it.

Perhaps they weren't coldblooded enough to vote for a party that actually had refugees shot in the back?

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Ich dachte mal irgendwo gelesen zu haben dass man von Kartoffeln und Butter und nix anderem leben kann und keine Mangelerscheinungen zu erwarten hat. Klang für mich immer ein wenig unwahrscheinlich

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

wayfinder posted:

Ich dachte mal irgendwo gelesen zu haben dass man von Kartoffeln und Butter und nix anderem leben kann und keine Mangelerscheinungen zu erwarten hat. Klang für mich immer ein wenig unwahrscheinlich

Ich habe sowas ähnliches über Pellkartoffeln und Frühlingsquark gehört. Müsste man mal ein paar Arbeitslose zu Studienzwecken für opfern.

blowfish posted:

well nobody said poor people should be able to run a fridge

Why would they, they don't have anything to put in the fridge.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

wayfinder posted:

that's how you get Ireland.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Braune Tränen.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
There's no hope for the SPD
http://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/spd-andrea-nahles-fordert-schaerferen-kurs-in-der-fluechtlingspolitik-a-1170571.html

Yes the reason you did so bad in the election was because you didn't flip right hard enough.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

BabyFur Denny posted:

http://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/spd-andrea-nahles-fordert-schaerferen-kurs-in-der-fluechtlingspolitik-a-1170571.html

Yes the reason you did so bad in the election was because you didn't flip right hard enough.

Oh. Ich dachte all das rechtspopulistische Rumgetöse und der Versuch von Schulz Merkel rechts zu überholen war ein gewiefter Trick um eine Wählerwanderung von der Union zur AfD hinzukriegen, damit die SPD bei der nächsten GroKo ein oder zwei Ministerien mehr kriegt.

Aber anscheinend meint die SPD das ernst und will sich mehr in Richtung "Neue Linke" a la Frankreich und England bewegen.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

BabyFur Denny posted:

:laffo:

It's funny because Laffo said the same about Die Linke, you see.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Hier einmal 50 mal Statistikquatsch zur Wahl

https://stekhn.github.io/german-elections-correlations/src/

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Dass eine der stärksten Korrelationen eine positive von Geburtensaldo und Grünenstimmen ist ist ganz interessant. Viele der anderen starken Korrelationen sind wenig überraschend, aber das hatte ich nicht auf dem Schirm.

e: achso Scheiße, Alte wählen selten Grüne. Vielleicht doch nicht so überraschend dann.

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Sep 29, 2017

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

aphid_licker posted:

e: achso Scheiße, Alte wählen selten Grüne. Vielleicht doch nicht so überraschend dann.
Deshalb macht man keine 50 Korrelationen, sondern eine multiple Regression :cripes:

E.: also please include east/west dummy, or somehow account for spatial clustering. To name just the first absolutely crucial thing coming to mind.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
A perhaps slightly less idiotic way of showing the same thing.

This is an analysis accounting for all factors simultaneously. I.e., it is not very sensitive to many factors that are highly correlated with being in east germany because it can already account for them by checking if the Wahlbezirk is in east germany.
This is just an elastic net fit to relative vote share compared to the nation-wide mean of the party, each party considered independently (:cripes:). As is obvious, I didn't bother to deal with a bunch of redundant predictors (i.e., it has both % unemployed, % unemployed men and % unemployed women) (:cripes:).
If I remove the variable Ost, it looks totally different, which tells you that it'd be stupid to not include it: Ost simply accounts for a large share of the variance in the data. We essentially don't have 300 data points, we have 2, maybe 5 (:cripes:).

Again, :siren:this is stupid:siren:, I did this in 10 min, but it's perhaps slightly less stupid than the original way of visualising the data.

Perhaps also of interest, how similar are the parties with regards to their popularity across Germany?

(Again, east/west divide plus FDP and Grüne are somewhat alike)

And how similar are the states to each other on these factors?

(Again, east v west)

The first thing to improve on this would probably to account for redundant predictors, but I should really be doing other things.

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

All this correlation nonsense is triggering me very hard.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Cingulate posted:

(Again, east v west)

:effort:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Cingulate posted:

A perhaps slightly less idiotic way of showing the same thing.

This is an analysis accounting for all factors simultaneously. I.e., it is not very sensitive to many factors that are highly correlated with being in east germany because it can already account for them by checking if the Wahlbezirk is in east germany.
This is just an elastic net fit to relative vote share compared to the nation-wide mean of the party, each party considered independently (:cripes:). As is obvious, I didn't bother to deal with a bunch of redundant predictors (i.e., it has both % unemployed, % unemployed men and % unemployed women) (:cripes:).
If I remove the variable Ost, it looks totally different, which tells you that it'd be stupid to not include it: Ost simply accounts for a large share of the variance in the data. We essentially don't have 300 data points, we have 2, maybe 5 (:cripes:).

Again, :siren:this is stupid:siren:, I did this in 10 min, but it's perhaps slightly less stupid than the original way of visualising the data.

Perhaps also of interest, how similar are the parties with regards to their popularity across Germany?

(Again, east/west divide plus FDP and Grüne are somewhat alike)

(Again, east v west)

The first thing to improve on this would probably to account for redundant predictors, but I should really be doing other things.

You gotta lay off that Adderall, man. It's not good for you. I worry.

Also: sag Bescheid wenn du raus gefunden hast warum die AfD so erfolgreich war.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
kein Leerzitat

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Also: sag Bescheid wenn du raus gefunden hast warum die AfD so erfolgreich war.

This is is from a Random Forrest prediction of the data. Obviously, as factors such as 'Racism' or 'Urban/Rural' are not in the model, it cannot account for them.

You see a bunch of features that correlate strongly with AfD vote share, i.e., Kinderbetreuung, are ranked low by the model. That's probably because they're all largely accounted for by the "Ost" predictor. That doesn't mean they're not important; it just means that we can't really tell, because it's all confounded by East vs. West.

So essentially, it's saying there's an east/west differences, and then there's having Ausländer around. Though I speculate this latter effect might be driven by rural vs. urban?

(again, don't read too much into it.)

e: https://imgur.com/a/qozZd results for all parties. Kind of interesting, although obviously the model is vastly misspecified, and if a few more variables are included (or excluded!), things might change drastically. But it's essentially saying Greens = parents/children, Linke = being atheist, FDP=having money, Union = having a job, and being catholic, SPD = not being a Handwerker and being unemployed.

Cingulate fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Sep 30, 2017

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

https://twitter.com/danielmack/status/913326971026907136

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Sep 30, 2017

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

This is really interesting but would be much more aussagekräftig if he used different dots for East / West Germany. First graphic: While it's certainly possible that Linke is especially popular with Konfessionslose, I'll bet you good money that all those 80%+ konfessionslose Wahlkreise are also in the East. And I think the same thing goes for having lots of old people and voting AfD.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

You need more proof that Saxony is seriously hosed up politically?

Where people voted BüSo. I guess a new Seidenstraße really would bring new jobs to the Erzgebirge, come to think of it :haw:

Also it's good to see that the people of Brandenburg and East Berlin still uphold the old ways by voting DKP :ussr:

Re: voting patterns correlating with other populatoin factors, the Berliner Morgenpost did a really interesting feature on the "Parteienhochburgen" this February. The general differences between East and West are still strongly at play here obviously, but it's nevertheless interesting to see that e.g. the average age of people in CDU/CSU-Hochburgen is the lowest of all parties, even including the Greens.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Wiedergepfostet von einem anderen Faden.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
"Deutschland den Deutschen" might raise images of burning ovens in a KZ, which should make Gauleiter happy.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Deutschlands beliebtester AfD-Bürgermeister hat mal wieder zugeschlagen

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

cebrail posted:

Ach Boris.

Was ist Boris? Boris ist ein Grüner für die man sich als Deutscher auf internationaler Bühne schämen muss. Wenn man Boris mit anderen deutschen Politikern wie Özdemir, Gysi, Merkel und Gabriel vergleicht, treibt es jedem anständigen Menschen die Schamesröte ins Gesicht. Selbst kleine Länder wie Österreich, Belgien oder die Schweiz haben mit van der Bellen, Almaci und Mazzone international vorzeigbare Grüne mit hoher Seriosität. Deutschland ist gestraft mit Boris, dem König der Facebook Hetzer.

Glorreiche Zeit sind schon längst vorbei, der Ruf dieses Politikers liegt am Boden. Charaktereigenschaften die in jedem zivilisierten Kulturkreis als pure Faulheit, Unfreundlichkeit, Unfähigkeit, dissoziale Persönlichkeitsstörung und Dummheit gelten, erklärt der Boris kurzerhand zur seiner Wesensart. Ein weiteres zentrales Merkmal ist der alles beherrschende Minderwertigkeitskomplex. Deswegen projiziert der Boris auf jeden der in irgendeiner Weise besser ist als er, massive Hassgefühle und lebt diese auf Facebook aus.

Dass die Stadt dem Boris sein Lotterleben finanziert, interessiert den Boris nicht, er glaubt sogar insgeheim er hätte es verdient. Anstatt sich aus seiner aus Neid und Missgunst entstehenden Lethargie zu befreien und seine Stadt umzukrempeln, ergeht er sich in asozialen Schmarotzertum und hält noch große Stücke auf seine vermeintliche Weltstadt. Kulturell ist Boris eher schwach veranlagt, große Werke liegen lang zurück, sein Buch wolle keiner wirklich lesen.

Kurzum: Boris ist der Fliesentisch Deutschlands. Es ist das für die Grünen, was Griechenland für die Europäische Union ist und hätte Tübingen eine offene Kloake, würde er sich wahrscheinlich drin wohl fühlen. Boris ist ein Schandfleck, der Pickel am Arsche der Grünen. Boris ist der Typ der ohne Einladung auf deine Party kommt, noch nicht mal Alkohol mitbringt und auch nicht versteht dass er nicht erwünscht ist wenn man ihm ein paar Zähne aus dem Gesicht klopft und die Treppe runterwirft. Boris ist der Meuthen der Grünen und gehört für 2 Reichsmark an die AfD verkauft.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

cebrail posted:

:cripes:

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Das muss geshoppt sein :wtf:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

aphid_licker posted:

Das muss geshoppt sein :wtf:

Glaub ich nicht. Die wohlwollenste Auslegung, die man seinem Beitrag noch beilegen kann, ist dass er beim Stichwort Antirassismus an den Schwarzen Block und andere Autonome gedacht hat, die sich ja auch gerne das Etikett Antirassismus, Antifaschismus, Antiimperialismus usw. aufkleben. Selbst dann wäre das aber noch eine völlig bescheuerte Aussage, weil nur ein Bruchteil des Publikums den Begriff Antirassismus mit irgendwelchen Linksextremen verbindet, die das als ihr Markenzeichen deklarieren.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Boris Palmer sollte für die Grünen in die Bundesregierung gehen. Der ist Mathematiker und damit kompetenter als Özdemir (Erzieher), Hofreiter (Biologe) oder Katrin Göring-Eckardt (abgebrochenes Theologiestudium) und nur weil er die tatsächlichen Probleme der Flüchtlingskrise benennt, anstatt sie wie andere Politiker nur im Hinterzimmer zu besprechen, treibt er seine Partei zur Weißglut.
Wenn man Menschen wie ihn, die die Probleme sachlich und ohne Rassismus oder Xenophobie ansprechen mundtot machen will, fördert man nur Dumpfbacken wie Gauland, Weidel und das restliche AfD Gesocks.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Kluge Rassisten sind nicht besser als dumpfbackige Rassisten.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cebrail posted:

Kluge Rassisten sind nicht besser als dumpfbackige Rassisten.

They're actually worse, because they're smart enough to state things like "I think not being racist is unnatural.", "Das wird man doch nochmal sagen dürfen!" or "The holocaust was logically sound." and then weasel-word themselves out of the backlash. :smith:

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Ich kann übrigens den aktuellen Spiegel empfehlen - eine sehr, sehr, sehr gute und lustige Inside Story über Sankt Martin.

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

Randler posted:

They're actually worse, because they're smart enough to state things like "I think not being racist is unnatural.", "Das wird man doch nochmal sagen dürfen!" or "The holocaust was logically sound." and then weasel-word themselves out of the backlash. :smith:

What is that even supposed to mean?!

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Dommolus Magnus posted:

Well, if you're going from the presupposition that the Jews *really* were about to destroy the noble Aryan race from within than... uh, it still is a black hole of cruelty and wanton destruction that you better now look to closely into lest your sanity breaks, but maybe some people still manage to talk themselves into a "it was an act of self-defence!" stance, I guess?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Dommolus Magnus posted:

it's an attack against cingulate. of course since randler has no testicles, he is too chicken to actually mention the poster he is attacking.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

pidan posted:

This is really interesting but would be much more aussagekräftig if he used different dots for East / West Germany.
Do you want me to do it? Would take like 2 minutes.

Dommolus Magnus posted:

Probably this: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3809989&pagenumber=18&perpage=40#post469536431

Note, Randler called me smart :v: I am so proud

E.:

Cingulate posted:

I'm actually really pessimistic on the whole racism thing. I think it's essentially unnatural not to be racist[*, **]. By default, we're really scared of and hostile against any kind of outgroup, and it takes a lot of civilization to make us be somewhat less awful.

* In the same sense that books, an infant mortality ratio below 2 in 3, and musical instruments are unnatural.
** Expecting this one to be quoted out of context.
:v: :v: :v:

Cingulate fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Sep 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Randler bannieren as a postkraftzersetzender Fadenschädling for niederste Perfidie ggü einem unserer verdientesten Pedanten