Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Yeah I think by the time you're on the ground it's functionally irrelevant, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Yeah I think by the time you're on the ground it's functionally irrelevant, right?

I have mine on low which seems to make cars easy to find when they "pop in" at a pretty good height. I get a noticeable fps boost having it lower as well

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I'm sorry you aren't the thread champion you thought you'd be when you made this thread and put in all those personal youtube videos in between telling everyone how bad they are and how top 1 you and you're friends are :/ You should get a webcam and start streaming

I might have misread, but I thought he was agreeing with you....
Is this just a random attack? Your arguing skills are bad. You are just being combative.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

seems to be working? I don't know its not enough for me to donate money but it is for a LOT of people. Shrouds pulling in almost 200k a monthhhhh from subs alone jesus christ talk about blasting off to a new tax bracket

yeah and shroud could kick his delay to 2+ minutes and his support wouldn't budge

Shayl
Apr 11, 2007

I tried out fortnite today just to compare the games and...ugh. Its basically babies first battle royale. No weapon mods, items on the ground glow and spin, the map is really small, the guns don't have any sort of mode switching, you can't view down ironsights, you can't prone.

I hated it, AND its ugly.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Shayl posted:

I tried out fortnite today just to compare the games and...ugh. Its basically babies first battle royale. No weapon mods, items on the ground glow and spin, the map is really small, the guns don't have any sort of mode switching, you can't view down ironsights, you can't prone.

I hated it, AND its ugly.

It sure as hell performs better on my system than PUBG though, i get 120 fps and never drop. PUBG OTOH. I do like the building aspect of it though, it's kinda neat.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Played a ton of games today with a few goons, we were perennial top tens, it was a ton of fun. South Georgie drops were really good to us.

We did get burst down by what had to be a hacker in one of the games though. I think Tonetta was able to capture the sequence.

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why

always be closing posted:

We did get burst down by what had to be a hacker in one of the games though. I think Tonetta was able to capture the sequence.

Was he full-autoing an M16? One of my friends showed me the other day that he has a macro to do that. I guess it's not technically cheating.

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood

Do The Evolution posted:

Was he full-autoing an M16? One of my friends showed me the other day that he has a macro to do that. I guess it's not technically cheating.

I'm not sure I'd say that wasn't cheating.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

People are stupid with their money?? No way dude! What other money wastes trigger you? I've given 0 money to streamers. I don't give a gently caress if someone gives money to a streamer. I think eventually, twitch will become an alternative to cable TV when everything becomes apps not channels and people will use it just like they use netflix. The youth already do. Its interesting to me in a broader financial sense but I don't care about any streamers personally.

seems to be working? I don't know its not enough for me to donate money but it is for a LOT of people. Shrouds pulling in almost 200k a monthhhhh from subs alone jesus christ talk about blasting off to a new tax bracket

I'm sorry you aren't the thread champion you thought you'd be when you made this thread and put in all those personal youtube videos in between telling everyone how bad they are and how top 1 you and you're friends are :/ You should get a webcam and start streaming

Speaking of triggered...

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Do The Evolution posted:

If you click at all fast you can do that with no macro. M16 on burst spammed at super close range is almost unstoppable

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

mechaet posted:

I'm not sure I'd say that wasn't cheating.

Given how long the burst on the m16 takes to fire a "full auto macro" is like 4 clicks a second which is easily manageable by just about anyone. You don't need a program, just click sorta quick-ish I guess.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

aniviron posted:

Given how long the burst on the m16 takes to fire a "full auto macro" is like 4 clicks a second which is easily manageable by just about anyone. You don't need a program, just click sorta quick-ish I guess.

I think we're talking about slamfire-auto on the single fire, not a burst macro. A burst macro would be useless, but being able to hold down the mouse button to autofire single shots would be neat, I guess.

What a weird loving sentence.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

That is weird. Also, not sure why you'd want to rapidly fire semi-auto instead of rapidly fire bursts- I think the burst gives you a higher rate of fire, and it's not like it's so tough to do that it'd be worth the effort of setting up a macro just to not have to release the mouse button.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The only reason you'd use that macro is if you're using one that is also automatically adjusting aim downwards, which is very much cheating.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

aniviron posted:

That is weird. Also, not sure why you'd want to rapidly fire semi-auto instead of rapidly fire bursts- I think the burst gives you a higher rate of fire, and it's not like it's so tough to do that it'd be worth the effort of setting up a macro just to not have to release the mouse button.

iirc m16 burst has more recoil than spamming singles

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Do The Evolution posted:

He was, he had a nice line of sight on us, and a Chinese name, target acquisitionition was unreal. We've all shot rapid fire with the m16, but I don't really buy it at 150+meters.

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why

and a Chinese name,

Oh. This is unironically probably the best indicator.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
I wish there was a way to see the number of times you've been reported for cheating.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Played a ton of games today with a few goons, we were perennial top tens, it was a ton of fun. South Georgie drops were really good to us.

Get video evidence of someone using no recoil macros, they'll get banned super quick

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

I just started playing this for the first time today. My very first exposure to the game was 100 people in the plane screaming racial slurs at each other. And then I quickly realized it was like that at the start of every game. So that was interesting. I played for about two hours and I suck really bad at it of course, but it's still pretty fun. I'm a terrible shot but I did get into some pretty entertaining firefights a few times.

Anyway here is a pretty nice leap-off-a-tall-building-while-shooting-in-mid-air kill from some streamer guy:

https://clips.twitch.tv/CrackySourQuailFrankerZ

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
someone in the discord coined the start as the "30 second klan rally" and it's not inaccurate

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

And that's why I mute everyone who isn't a teammate.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Kenzie posted:

I just started playing this for the first time today. My very first exposure to the game was 100 people in the plane screaming racial slurs at each other. And then I quickly realized it was like that at the start of every game. So that was interesting. I played for about two hours and I suck really bad at it of course, but it's still pretty fun. I'm a terrible shot but I did get into some pretty entertaining firefights a few times.

Anyway here is a pretty nice leap-off-a-tall-building-while-shooting-in-mid-air kill from some streamer guy:

https://clips.twitch.tv/CrackySourQuailFrankerZ

Ctrl+M once you enter the plane
Ctrl+M once you land on the ground

Alternatively, Ctrl+T and never hear them ever again.

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

Hockles posted:

Thank you :)

Also lol at "30 second klan rally"

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Hockles posted:

i have an autohotkey thing that mutes both. ctrl+, when i load in, and again when i land. i like to keep voice on while playing for the odd idiot that's broadcasting to all when talking to his team. it's also fun to hear someone call you a bitch when you kill them sometimes

code:
^,::
  Send, ^m
  Send, ^t
Return

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
It's really not hard to find hackers if you are right a simple Database query. For example, this guy

https://pubg.me/player/GrimTheRage/squad-fpp?season=2017-pre4&region=eu

40% headshots?
35 K/D ratio?
41 kills in a match?

These are all easy to find with a scatter plot diagram. All they have to do is have an intern to some simple coding, then do some in game monitoring.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Not to mention another 250 people he downed but didn't get the kill for.

So, that is roughly 550 people downed in 20 matches. 27 people per game.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Black Griffon posted:

I think we're talking about slamfire-auto on the single fire, not a burst macro. A burst macro would be useless, but being able to hold down the mouse button to autofire single shots would be neat, I guess.

What a weird loving sentence.

Back during CoD4 people would either bind fire to mousewheel or use a macro to full-auto the G3.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

daslog posted:

It's really not hard to find hackers if you are right a simple Database query. For example, this guy

40% headshots?
35 K/D ratio?
41 kills in a match?

These are all easy to find with a scatter plot diagram. All they have to do is have an intern to some simple coding, then do some in game monitoring.

Our squad got wiped in a game the other day by a guy with a Mini-14. It was a little suspicious because the kill feed was just clogged up with this guy getting headshots. Checked his stats and he has somehow managed to play 17 hours of this game with a 56 k/d ratio and a 95% headshot kill rate and an 80% win rate. You'd think that'd be an easy one for them to catch v:shobon:v

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

I wonder how often you get guys teaming up in solo mode. Like a group of people deciding to land at the same spot and coordinate against all the random solo people running around.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Shame the FPS genre is just so vulnerable to a wide variety of cheats.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Kenzie posted:

I wonder how often you get guys teaming up in solo mode. Like a group of people deciding to land at the same spot and coordinate against all the random solo people running around.

This is why you never turn off the mic, the amount of people who, even in squads, use ingame voice is high enough to outweigh turning it off for good.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

daslog posted:

40% headshots?
35 K/D ratio?
41 kills in a match?

You'd think it would be so easy, but there are some anomalies you have to work around. A high kill per match could have been from earlier in this season, pre patch, just punching out AFKs, especially in FPP. You obviously punch the head when possible to expediate the process and then if you get some legitimate kills later, you can legitimately get that many kills and that headshot percentage too.

Then to top that off, the competition in Asia is horrendously bad, worse than it's ever been before. Molchane had a legit 99:1 KDR, but that's because we'd win 9/10 games and the Asian players are clownishly bad. Hell, even very middling goons were putting up 25:1 KDRs on Asia.

Stats are a good indicator of when people should be investigated, but just like drone strikes, it should be a person pushing the button. Outrageous stats should demand further investigation, don't get me wrong. No one wants another BF1 situation where banning was done by stats, EA put on a double EXP weekend, and people were getting banned for their sudden jumps in score/minute or whatever other metric is just tracking points.

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Oct 1, 2017

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So what happened to the pants market that leather gloves and sunglasses are above dime value now?

Not complaining because I've made back the cost of the game now.

Game still good btw. I blew up a dacia with the mini-14 as we did a drive by in our own dacia.
The chicken tastes real good after a month+ away from the game.

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTn09nhRs2Y

My first ever solo chicken dinner.

Second guy should have died much quicker but I thought I'd get him in the middle of the warehouse so I could loot without worrying about getting shot. My mistake.

Third guy should have killed me but I got lucky.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM
So anyone still using reshade?

Battle eye flagging it right now this very second for you?

Curious if they did some update and are going to have to filter it again or if its just me having problems because *reasons*. Games so drat ugly without it :(

EDIT: Yep, Looks like they forgot to re-whitelist it or w/e. Sweet. Ugly game for a bit

EbolaIvory fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Oct 1, 2017

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
If you have nvidia card, digital vibrance takes like 5 seconds to enable

SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp
So this is a thing:
https://pubgsumo.gg/

A live tracking assist agent, tells you when you need to move to circle and things, shows plane path etc. Used it once and it seems legit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
The server maintenance just made the lag way worse.

• Locked thread