Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

hitler being reborn as a gay jewish nerd would be a solid sitcom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Puppy Time posted:

Welp, that sure clears it up. Thanks, TERF who LoB is currently hosting!

I'm gonna spoil the mystery here a bit.

LoB is not quoting some alt right endarkenment nut job. He's quoting Ray Blanchard, a published psychologist.

That poo poo from his last post passed peer review and got published in an actual scientific journal.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

LoB is not quoting some alt right endarkenment nut job. He's quoting Ray Blanchard, a published psychologist.

:ssh: he's both.

Seriously, he's been hanging around the alt-right since it was just Steve Sailer and the guys who wrote the Bell Curve.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

I thought he predated what we think of as alt right? Or is he still up to his bulls hit?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

TinTower posted:

:ssh: he's both.

Seriously, he's been hanging around the alt-right since it was just Steve Sailer and the guys who wrote the Bell Curve.

If there's one thing in the world to be glad of, it's that Steve Sailer has not become more famous as a result of recent events

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I thought he predated what we think of as alt right? Or is he still up to his bulls hit?

Hate Fibration
Apr 8, 2013

FLÄSHYN!
I don't exist?!?

:ohdear:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Hate Fibration posted:

I don't exist?!?

:ohdear:

I don't exist too?!? Must. Resist. Popping out of existence.

Hate Fibration
Apr 8, 2013

FLÄSHYN!
What the hell is a quasibisexual?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Hate Fibration posted:

Quasi means "seeming and partly" and bisexual means bisexual, I guess a quasibisexual person is a person that into both sexes sometimes? Google's not being cooperative in giving me a clear definition.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Hate Fibration posted:

There are clearly aspects of cultish behaviour in modern trans activism. There are some core tenets which everyone is required to believe, for example, that gender identity is innate and takes precedence over biological sex, and that “trans women are [real] women”. It has its own language or redefines existing language to suit its purpose (generally emptying established words like “woman” and even “transgender” of meaning. Those who break the key rules are punished severely, excommunicated. There is no debate, no discussion of ideas. Heretics and critics are dehumanised, branded “TERF” and “transphobe” with little consideration to what these words actually mean.

As the cult model would predict, we can see transgender activists encouraging youths to break away from their families if they are not supportive of their new transgender identity. A good example of this can be found in the guise of Charleston College philosophy professor Rachel McKinnon (4thWaveNow has chronicled McKinnon’s antics). McKinnon was born male, is still male (sex change is not possible; even genital surgery does not change sex), but dresses and expresses in a feminine way, much like the author of this essay. Nevertheless, McKinnon released a video on Mothers Day of all days, encouraging kids to walk away from unsupportive mothers. “I want you to know,” McKinnon said to kids watching, “that’s it’s ok to walk away from unsupportive or disrespectful or even abusive parents.” You will note here that the first reason to walk away is not “abusive” parents (which is last on the list of reasons), but parents that are merely “unsupportive” of their desire to transition. From a propaganda perspective the order of the words is very important. McKinnon went on to say, “it’s ok to walk away … and I want to give you hope that you can find what we call your glitter family. Your queer family.” This is a classic cult tactic and it is highly unlikely a professor of philosophy would not know that, thus one must be extraordinarily suspicious of McKinnon’s motives.

The reader needs to understand that the question raised in this essay is not so much whether the trans agenda activists are deliberately using cult techniques or whether the young people caught up in its spell are actual card-holding members of a trans-cult. The characteristics, tactics, and methodologies of cultism are present nonetheless. Although I do believe there is conscious “gaming” going on, it does not have to be conscious to be a factor. Similarly, I am not suggesting the much discussed and abused “dysphoria” is not involved, only that it is increasingly induced and almost always exaggerated.

Blanchard's model of why people are trans, constructed based on the extremely scientific evidence that he reckoned it was true, asserts that trans people cannot ever be bisexual. The one teeny hole in the theory is that, well, they do. Rather than admit that his model is bunk, Blanchard instead claims that those people are actually quasibisexual or pseudobisexual. They're actually gay, but are pretending to be bi because sleeping with an opposite-sex partner feeds their fetish for being the gender they are. If this does not match actual bi trans people's experiences, that's only because they're all liars. Similarly, asexual trans people in Blanchard's world aren't really asexual, it's just that their fetish for being whatever gender they are is so powerful that it has completely overwritten their entire sexuality. These theories are written in bigger words on the previous page. No evidence for them exists, nor are they falsifiable.

More disturbingly, what we see in extreme transgender activism is what in previous generations would have been considered unthinkable: modern social outcasts, instead of being turned into the government and pop culture-abhorring Goths or punk rockers of the past, are instead now being repurposed to actually support official government lines and agendas regarding gender, the breakdown of families, and the erasure of sexual distinctions and associated protections. The aggression of the outcasts, which used to be turned against the state, is now being turned against enemies of the state and anybody that opposes its new reality warping transgender theories and laws. Trans-cultists are quickly beginning to resemble the brainwashed children in George Orwell’s 1984.

It is my contention that young people today are being brainwashed and turned into Orwellian servants of the state for a much larger agenda. It has been suggested by others that the assault on sexual distinctions and on the perception of basic biological reality is part of a game to give absolute power to the state in the interpretation of reality itself. If the state can force people to admit that men are women, they can force them to believe anything. War is peace. Slavery is freedom. Men are women. All of these are equally contradictory. In this sense it almost appears as though we have a pre-fascist attempt to turn the whole of society itself into a brainwashed cult much as we saw in Nazi Germany. Such statements might seem fantastic, but again we just need to look to the history of the 20th century for lessons on why distrust of government and elite power is not only a good thing, but absolutely critical in protecting society against the rise of totalitarianism. Erich Fromm observed the rise of fascism first hand and noted:

When Fascism came into power, most people were unprepared, both theoretically and practically. They were unable to believe that man could exhibit such propensities for evil, such lust for power…or such a yearning for [the] submission [of the population].

At a macro-level, if we assume the “masters of mankind” (as Noam Chomsky has called elite political figures), are trying to create a brainwashed totalitarian state, it would need to work to cause general chaos. “We need chaos before things can get better,” said Joseph Goebbels about the confusion reigning in Germany following World War I. “The dollar is climbing like an acrobat. I’m secretly delighted.” What Goebbels was hoping for, the betterment he expected, was the creation of a murderous control state the likes of which the world had never seen. Fascists have always sought to control the interpretation of reality, and the break down of social structures facilitates that. Thus anti-authoritarian scholar Hannah Arendt, commenting on the seizure of power by megalomaniacal leaders, wrote:

Before mass leaders seize the power to fit reality to their lies, their propaganda is marked by its extreme contempt for facts as such, for in their opinion fact depends entirely on the power of the man who can fabricate it.

The breakdown of society is necessary for the complete restructuring of society. Similarly, the breakdown of the individual ego is necessary for cults to restructure or redefine the individual. As Margaret Singer pointed out, happy people do not join cults unless they want to be part of the controlling hierarchy: “if the social structure has not broken down, very few people will follow.” This is true at both the macro and the micro level, hence the Nazi cult rose in Germany only after the breakdown of society, but with its leaders waiting and applauding the chaos behind the scenes. The chaos facilitated mass conversion of an otherwise indifferent population.

If we follow through the logical conclusions and outcomes of all these transgender laws being passed everywhere, it would appear to be about breaking down traditional morals and redefining humanity itself. As Morabito wrote, “The scope of the endgame is enormous: to legally and universally impose upon every human being a new definition — or rather, a non-definition — of what it means to be human.” Human casualties in the form of brainwashed, sterilized, mutilated children, and an assault on women’s right to privacy and their own sports and programs, are all incidentals or collateral damage in the mass social engineering and brainwashing “Game” that is the modern transgender agenda.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Usually the rule of thumb in a mock thread is "Dont touch the poop"

But what happens when....

The poop touches you

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Hate Fibration posted:

The 1.5/2.5 on the Kinsey scale?

Gotta love a so-called expert who is so misogynistic that his lifelong study of transsexualism leaves him questioning whether trans man really exist. Here's my multiple essays on the complicated sexual natures of men who desire to be women, but as for those women desiring to be men? Guess they're just lesbos, if they exist at all.

Hate Fibration
Apr 8, 2013

FLÄSHYN!

there wolf posted:

Gotta love a so-called expert who is so misogynistic that his lifelong study of transsexualism leaves him questioning whether trans man really exist. Here's my multiple essays on the complicated sexual natures of men who desire to be women, but as for those women desiring to be men? Guess they're just lesbos, if they exist at all.

I feel like at this point it's beyond any reasonable doubt that Blanchard is a crank. He's supported the same ideas and methodology since the 70's despite clinical experiences of trans healthcare professionals being overwhelmingly against them. The man supports conversion therapy for god's sake. Despite the fact that it's his fault pretty much that gender nonconforming kids and kids with GID got lumped into the same diagnostic category(This is the root of 80% of transgender kids stop being transgender claim.) All gender nonconforming behavior gets lumped into the same group for kids if it distresses their parents enough.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

there wolf posted:

TERFs denying the existence of trans men isn't even unusual. The cornerstone of their dogma is "Trans women happen because men want to transition to be women so they can infiltrate female spaces!"

But of course, that reasoning falls apart as soon as they're forced to consider that trans men exist. So a surprising amount of times, they just straight-up deny trans men a thing. "They're just very masculine lesbians (and don't ever even consider the possibility of gay trans men ever because that'd require an extra level of recursive self-delusion)!"

Gyro Zeppeli has a new favorite as of 12:56 on Sep 30, 2017

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.
Ohhh so is LoB's gimmick quoting bizonkers poo poo but not putting it in quote tags or identifying the source?
I'm too lazy to Google for phrases, I guess

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

LoB, kindly suck start a 12 gauge.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

prisoner of waffles posted:

Ohhh so is LoB's gimmick quoting bizonkers poo poo but not putting it in quote tags or identifying the source?
I'm too lazy to Google for phrases, I guess
That is exactly his gimmick. It's weird to see him real talk in Games.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Am I going to have to go dig up the antinatalist TERF because that's a guy that exists

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

The Vosgian Beast posted:

antinatalist TERF

Women are defined by their ability to produce babies, which they better loving not do.

-a feminist

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.
radfems? more like badfems, imo

Rhukatah
Feb 26, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

prisoner of waffles posted:

Yeah, he's the best poster in PYF

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

ikanreed posted:

Women are defined by their ability to produce babies, which they better loving not do.

-a feminist

https://francoistremblay.wordpress.com/

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

LunarShadow posted:

LoB, kindly suck start a 12 gauge.

Woah, don't shoot the messenger.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

TERFs denying the existence of trans men isn't even unusual. The cornerstone of their dogma is "Trans women happen because men want to transition to be women so they can infiltrate female spaces!"

But of course, that reasoning falls apart as soon as they're forced to consider that trans men exist. So a surprising amount of times, they just straight-up deny trans men a thing. "They're just very masculine lesbians (and don't ever even consider the possibility of gay trans men ever because that'd require an extra level of recursive self-delusion)!"

Ha, no us gay trans men are just deluded straight women with an incredibly toxic form of Stockholm syndrome where we feel the only way to truly be loved and accepted by the patriarchy is to become men who are loved by other men.

For which I fall down an laugh because men are consistently awful to each other.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Who What Now posted:

Woah, don't shoot the messenger.

Nah, even if I didn't know it was a gimmick at first, ironically parroting this poo poo is still lovely. So again, gargle some buckshot.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

LunarShadow posted:

Nah, even if I didn't know it was a gimmick at first, ironically parroting this poo poo is still lovely. So again, gargle some buckshot.

Now that Manning's release is being used to help destroy you: are you still glad that the idiots at the ACLU got Manning sprung?

At least before you could say "well, Manning's in prison."

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
If we can quit bitching about TERFs for a minute, here's what Vox Day is up to:

https://freestartr.com/project/althero/

I don't know exactly how he is involved with the project but he tweeted about it. Spoiler alert: it's a terribly drawn "anti-sjw" comic book about a superheroine in a Confederate flag bikini top and Daisy Dukes.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I feel confused and am familiar with LoB's gimmick. LoB I thought you said you weren't going to post anti-trans stuff because it made some people uncomfortable. Am I misremembering? What changed? :confused:

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

pookel posted:

If we can quit bitching about TERFs for a minute, here's what Vox Day is up to:

https://freestartr.com/project/althero/

I don't know exactly how he is involved with the project but he tweeted about it. Spoiler alert: it's a terribly drawn "anti-sjw" comic book about a superheroine in a Confederate flag bikini top and Daisy Dukes.

So they're taking a page from Christian entertainment and just copying popular stuff, only with the "offensive" bits cut out? Lookin' forward to the mall kiosks selling t-shirts with increasingly puzzling brand parodies only with racism instead of Jesus.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Hate Fibration posted:

I feel like at this point it's beyond any reasonable doubt that Blanchard is a crank.

Unless you're on Wikipedia, which is in an inmates-running-the-asylum situation here and bans anybody who dissents from Blanchard's quackery.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

LunarShadow posted:

Hate Fibration
Apr 8, 2013

FLÄSHYN!

TinTower posted:

Unless you're on Wikipedia, which is in an inmates-running-the-asylum situation here and bans anybody who dissents from Blanchard's quackery.

I pulled this amazing screencap from Blanchard's twitter:

It's so perfect.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Hate Fibration posted:

It's so perfect.

Anyone else get the feeling that his theories are him projecting /super/ hard?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

LoB is a treasure. He stares into the abyss so we don't have to.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Gorn Myson posted:

LoB is a treasure. He stares into the abyss so we don't have to.

Does that phrase really work if he keeps sharing his photos with us?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
The most important part of the LoB story is that before he started acting like this, he seemed to be constantly on the verge of having a stroke due to abject rage caused by people being kinda dumb online, so this is actually probably an upgrade for him, mental health-wise.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

The Vosgian Beast posted:

The most important part of the LoB story is that before he started acting like this, he seemed to be constantly on the verge of having a stroke due to abject rage caused by people being kinda dumb online, so this is actually probably an upgrade for him, mental health-wise.

I'm uncomfortable with the idea that there was a Before The Abyss-era Lottery because then I have to confront the fact that a real person actually spends time looking for this stuff to repost rather than a bot skimming blogs for semi-relevant shitposting.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

WrenP-Complete posted:

I feel confused and am familiar with LoB's gimmick. LoB I thought you said you weren't going to post anti-trans stuff because it made some people uncomfortable. Am I misremembering? What changed? :confused:

I thought that was just the IoSM thread, as the quotes here are specifically from a DE-type.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Hate Fibration posted:

It's so perfect.

Well? Is it?