Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

So uh how about them playoffs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

If you fly or defend the battle flag , you're a dipshit.

If you fly or defend the battle flag in New York or California, you're a next level dipshit.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It's never funnier to fly the battle flag than in Pennsylvania, where the Confederacy effectively died.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
lmao gently caress the confederacy and gently caress anyone trying to glorify it

here have a story about Minnesota telling Virginia to go gently caress itself for over 100 years

http://www.twincities.com/2017/08/20/minnesota-has-a-confederate-symbol-and-it-is-going-to-keep-it/

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Proud Christian Mom posted:

lmao gently caress the confederacy and gently caress anyone trying to glorify it

here have a story about Minnesota telling Virginia to go gently caress itself for over 100 years

http://www.twincities.com/2017/08/20/minnesota-has-a-confederate-symbol-and-it-is-going-to-keep-it/

YASSSS

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Proud Christian Mom posted:

This makes me so loving proud of being an American

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

quote:

In 2000, when Virginia legislators requested the Southern Cross flag once again, Gov. Jesse Ventura said: “Why? We won. … We took it. That makes it our heritage.”

:drat:

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

I know this isn't the Minnesota thread, but let me tell you, when Jesse Ventura and Mark Dayton agree on something... Well, it's not something that happens every year.

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Hey guys what's going---

:staredog:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

LASTCAR posted:

Hey guys what's going---

:staredog:

Explain yourself mister

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

:smug::respek::canada:

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
you never want

iospace posted:

Explain yourself mister

I like Jeff Gluck a lot, but he was overreacting. When someone accuses you of racism, you don't go "Oh my god, they think I'm racist, I need to make some changes right now." Instead, you stop, take a moment, and really try to understand what's happening. There is racism out there - absolutely - but in recent years the definition of that term has been broadened to include things objectively unworthy of outrage, things like Dr. Seuss and Atticus Finch. The term's been used recklessly - not by everyone - but by a loud enough portion of the population that seems to be getting all the screen time. These absurdities have become the norm, which has ironically hurt the cause of social justice.

Let's not forget: calling someone a racist is a serious charge. The word has so much power in the U.S. - it can effectively blacklist you just as "Communist" did during the Red Scare. People have lost their jobs over this. It's easy not to care when the person being fired is someone we find funny and old, like Paula Deen or Don Imus. But the reality is we're all on the hot seat, just one careless word or gesture away from joining them. Nowadays, everyone's so afraid of being called racist that they won't take a stand and say "hey, that doesn't make sense." They're too afraid to share their beliefs. Too many will take the easy route and just fall into line and accept their punishment. I won't do that.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The Confederate flag is racist.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Here's an idea. Don't do racist poo poo. Seems pretty loving simple?

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
you never want

Norns posted:

Here's an idea. Don't do racist poo poo. Seems pretty loving simple?

Clearly it isn't, if you cared to read what I just posted.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I am not worried about being called racist because I am not racist.

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
you never want

Look, clearly I'm not going to convince anyone here. I stand by everything I said - every word, every tweet.

I don't want to derail the thread further by saying more of it.

My cards are on the table, so :dealwithit:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

wicka posted:

I am not worried about being called racist because I am not racist.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Old people can be racist as gently caress and white privilege that isn't acknowledged is functionally the same as being racist.

E: moreover, I have a huge problem with Imus and Deen. It's unacceptable and regardless of who is saying it "I'm sorry you were offended" isn't a real apology.

Elitist Bitch fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Sep 30, 2017

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

LASTCAR posted:

It's easy not to care when the person being fired is someone we find funny and old, like Paula Deen or Don Imus.

huh

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

LASTCAR posted:

I like Jeff Gluck a lot, but he was overreacting. When someone accuses you of racism, you don't go "Oh my god, they think I'm racist, I need to make some changes right now." Instead, you stop, take a moment, and really try to understand what's happening. There is racism out there - absolutely - but in recent years the definition of that term has been broadened to include things objectively unworthy of outrage, things like Dr. Seuss and Atticus Finch. The term's been used recklessly - not by everyone - but by a loud enough portion of the population that seems to be getting all the screen time. These absurdities have become the norm, which has ironically hurt the cause of social justice.

Let's not forget: calling someone a racist is a serious charge. The word has so much power in the U.S. - it can effectively blacklist you just as "Communist" did during the Red Scare. People have lost their jobs over this. It's easy not to care when the person being fired is someone we find funny and old, like Paula Deen or Don Imus. But the reality is we're all on the hot seat, just one careless word or gesture away from joining them. Nowadays, everyone's so afraid of being called racist that they won't take a stand and say "hey, that doesn't make sense." They're too afraid to share their beliefs. Too many will take the easy route and just fall into line and accept their punishment. I won't do that.

You're defending the rebel flag and the confederate statues. These things were dead and buried for decades before being :siren: BROUGHT BACK :siren: to remind blacks of how things used to be.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Also NASCAR is abso-loving-lutely the most racist sport in america. This is a goddamn enterprise which took away a win from a black driver. This is a business where people would yell at a guy from South America to "go back to mexico".

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

LASTCAR posted:

things objectively unworthy of outrage, things like Dr. Seuss

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Peanut President posted:

Also NASCAR is abso-loving-lutely the most racist sport in america. This is a goddamn enterprise which took away a win from a black driver. This is a business where people would yell at a guy from South America to "go back to mexico".
I keep agreeing with pnut. What the gently caress.

Also, when he was called JP. What??

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Nevermind that a guy named
B U B B A
W A L L A CE
which is the most NASCAR name imaginable can't get a ride because "oh well we dont uh have uh sponsors and uhhh we can't uhhh find a car for him and it's not at all because he's a ni---black"

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

hey travis pastrana's back

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Can somebody post that gif of Abe Simpson walking into and right back out of the brothel? That's me seeing there are like 40 unread posts and then reading the content.

I would but I'm traveling at the moment.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

The ghost of ol' Dale compels you bro.

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

Comedian Chris d'elia is correct.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

trucks rule

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I was in Vegas and considered going but it would have meant me leaving tomorrow night on a red-eye flight instead of today at 2pm and gently caress that poo poo.

E- Been saying for years trucks are the best series on the cookie cutters. Also, 11 different winners in 11 races at Las Vegas is a cool stat. Kyle Busch is not among them :smug:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Oct 1, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Chase El:laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo:

Chase was on his way up to grab the belt AND HERE COMES KYLE BUSCH TO KICK THE gently caress OUT OF THAT LADDER.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Oct 1, 2017

PatrickBateman
Jul 26, 2007
I sincerely hope Kyle Busch is paralyzed in his next crash.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
The only thing worse than a Kyle victory is a Chase victory, so I'm satisfied with that ending.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Ending was good, Kyle Busch is good.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

big nipples big life posted:

Ending was good, Kyle Busch is good.
Take down Robert E Lee and put up Kyle Busch.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Dover is generally a good race, but when it's bad, it's baaaaaad

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

I sacrificed a bucket of chicken to the altar of the racing gods that Chase would not win.

May he remain forever so, amen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Why specifically don't we want Chase to win? I don't either, it's just more a feeling than anything I can verbalize

• Locked thread