Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gotta be zen about nintendo and not think about a future you cant control or you end up like me riding the full wave of earthbound 64 hype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Nintendo will rule the world and release Donkey Kong Country Returns 3, making me jizzzz

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
[quote="“SeANMcBAY”" post="“476923256”"]
I could see another Zelda coming to Switch after the DLC drops but I think it’ll be a coop game or Zelda Maker.
[/quote]

Nah just give us a new top down Zelda like Link Between Worlds. I'd play the poo poo out of that.

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts

Macaluso posted:

How I'm gonna fit both Mario AND Wolfenstein in at once :ohdear:

the real question is how to fit mario, wolfenstein, doom & hots in at the same time...

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Rabbid Zelda when

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SeANMcBAY posted:

I could see another Zelda coming to Switch after the DLC drops but I think it'll be a coop game or Zelda Maker.

I could've sworn they said something about doing a Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask situation, where they reuse the engine and assets from Breath of the Wild and get another Zelda game out relatively quickly.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guy Goodbody posted:

I could've sworn they said something about doing a Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask situation, where they reuse the engine and assets from Breath of the Wild and get another Zelda game out relatively quickly.

Hype chat has corrupted your memory

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Where ketchup had so many players they never played against mayo, I can't bring myself to choose back roll just out of principle.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Might as well rename the sides to Normal people vs Literal, actual trash golems who the gently caress does backrolls?

Friendly reminder; one of the check boxes that Child Services mentions in the episode where they take away Homer and Marge's kids was (and I quote since I'm phone posting), "toilet paper is hung in improper overhand fashion," :haw:

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts

VideoGames posted:

NEW THREAD RULE:

"X when" posts are now verboten. Please report them and watch the probations fly! I think that particular 'joke' has now been run into the ground like a GBS 'cuck' meme.

Thank you all very much!

In case you missed this earlier...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Videogames do you own pokken?
If not wanna play gg xrd or tekken

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

The difference between front roll and back roll isn't as simple as "one way is correct." It's a combination of many variables.
* Do you play one-handed video games on your phone while taking a poo poo?
* How strong is your toilet paper's perforation?
* Is the roll free hanging or up against a wall?
* Do you only have the use of one arm?
* Is the roll opposite of your dominant hand?

You must choose based on your situation and to deny others of this basic human right is nothing short of fascism!

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Waltzing Along posted:

They don't have to top it. But trying to get through the next 5 years with a previous gen MK, a previous gen Zelda a Mario that came out 6 months after launch is probably not going to work.

They are going to need another Zelda and another MK and a new Smash. It's great that they front-loaded the first year of release. They also needed to do this to get the thing in peoples living rooms. Now they need to keep it up or they will eventually peter out. Can't rest on their laurels.

And again, MK8 is not a current gen game. It's a rerelease of last gen. They need a NEW one.

They have Metroid Prime 4, Yoshi, Kirby, and a core Pokemon game announced and still en route. The Switch has some indomitable first party support for quite some time to come and if it keeps coming like it has been lately, then Nintendo has nothing to worry about.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
lol if you don't use a sponge on a stick, medieval style.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Or the three seashells, future style.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i just let it dry

then you can scratch it off, like a scab

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

:smuggo: The Switch is gonna be DOA, what games will it have besides Zelda?

*The Switch has one of the best launch years of arguably any console ever"

:smuggo: Ok but what about the next year? I hope they didn't put all of their eggs in one basket.

*The Switch already has several 1st party games in the works, not including indies and multiplats*

:smuggo: Ok but what about

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Have they released a controller with a d pad that doesn't suck yet?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Suspicious Cook posted:

They have Metroid Prime 4, Yoshi, Kirby, and a core Pokemon game announced and still en route. The Switch has some indomitable first party support for quite some time to come and if it keeps coming like it has been lately, then Nintendo has nothing to worry about.

Octopath Traveller is next year as well. :eng101:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Bad Parenting posted:

Have they released a controller with a d pad that doesn't suck yet?

Sony has a patent on good d pads, sorry

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Don't forget the Donkey Kong Country game they'll be sure to announce soon

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Rainbow Curse should've been loving delayed for the Switch

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

How are the 8bitdo d-pads?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

cheetah7071 posted:

Sony has a patent on good d pads, sorry

Sony dpads are terrible.

[quote="“Frankston”" post="“476925808”"]
How are the 8bitdo d-pads?
[/quote]

Great. Probably the best of any 3rd party controller I've tried.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

chaleski posted:

:smuggo: Ok but what about the next year? I hope they didn't put all of their eggs in one basket.

*The Switch already has several 1st party games in the works, not including indies and multiplats*

Yeah without a Nintendo console having every single AAA title in the same specs as every other console, the Nintendo haters will never ever shut up.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

chaleski posted:

it's almost like the kind of person who does this is some sort of weirdo who thinks just because they aren't interested no one else is.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

chaleski posted:

Eh. Switch is a system I wanted but things like above were pretty big turn-offs. Zelda wasn't even a consideration since I was one of 12 people that had a Wii U, leaving someone like me looking at a bunch of 5+ year-old indie PC games that can be had for a few dollars (but sold for $29 or more on the Switch).

I'm excited for Mario, but after that, there's not much I'm excited for. However, the current-gen Nintendo system usually is a decent compliment to a gaming PC or one of the other consoles.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

roffels posted:

Eh. Switch is a system I wanted but things like above were pretty big turn-offs. Zelda wasn't even a consideration since I was one of 12 people that had a Wii U, leaving someone like me looking at a bunch of 5+ year-old indie PC games that can be had for a few dollars (but sold for $29 or more on the Switch).

I'm excited for Mario, but after that, there's not much I'm excited for. However, the current-gen Nintendo system usually is a decent compliment to a gaming PC or one of the other consoles.

It's hard to play Splatoon 2 on wiiu

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Don't forget the nintendo online service that's coming with NESflix. That should fill any gaps in big releases

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

chaleski posted:

I hope you're not insinuating that I'm trying to be smug or disingenuous in the discussion. Just because I'm worried or skeptical doesn't mean I secretly hate the Switch. Plus, I never ever thought Switch would be DOA or would have a bad launch (3DS pricing aside, most Nintendo launches have been pretty solid I think).

roffels posted:

Believe in Octopath Traveler

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
What if the Switch gets new installments for every major Nintendo series in the first two years? And then they have no more games to make.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
As the 3DS finishes up all the first party teams and studios will move onto the Switch and handily fill any gaps between bigger budget titles.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Raserys posted:

Man I forgot how loving controller breaking infuriating xenoverse can be

frieza and his brother beat the poo poo out of you while goku charges up forever. really makes it feel authentic

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
I think MK8D is a fine game to stick with if they just want to release new tracks and add-on features, they don't really need to recreate the engine and graphics just to have the same characters and different maps when they can just release new maps. Odyssey looks great. Zelda was amazing (even if it was on WiiU as well). Metroid and Kirby next year, and definitely a SSB in the future. Add in a sequel to Odyssey and another Zelda and they are already pretty close to the Wii's level main staples, let alone the WiiU's. Just have to add in some of the others like a Paper Mario (or other RPG), Warioware type game, etc. Third party support is already off to a great start.

A big factor will be how they deal with the 3DS and Switch. If they keep a smaller handheld that is separate from the Switch, then it may thin out some first party titles. However, if they replace the 3DS with a Switch mini (smaller, lower res screen and fixed controls) that plays the same library, then you'll see a pretty sizable number of first party titles on this thing. Same as well if they just ditch the handheld altogether since the Switch functions in that area as well.

I have a feeling they Switch's predecessor successor will run on similar architecture that will be BC (like bumping up to an X2 or better), like the DS/3DS situation, so the libraries will blend together.

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Oct 1, 2017

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Guy Goodbody posted:

What if the Switch gets new installments for every major Nintendo series in the first two years? And then they have no more games to make.

That would mean Nintendo would have crazy good output for all of their studios, which would be good. I'm A-OKay with Botw-3, Pokemon Gen 9 and 2 full AC games on switch.

Douglas Dinsdale
Oct 13, 2006

FireMrshlBill posted:

I have a feeling they Switch's predecessor will run on similar architecture that will be BC (like bumping up to an X2 or better), like the DS/3DS situation, so the libraries will blend together.

You mean successor, right?
But, yeah, I would hope that happens eventually. I love how GBA-SP and 3DS bridge all the handheld generations pre-Switch.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Douglas Dinsdale posted:

You mean successor, right?
But, yeah, I would hope that happens eventually. I love how GBA-SP and 3DS bridge all the handheld generations pre-Switch.

haha, yep... brain fart. it has been a long day

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

SeANMcBAY posted:

Sony dpads are terrible.

Wrong. DS4 dpad is great. Switch pro controller dpad sucks and the joycon buttons are not a dpad.

Is there any way to hook up a SNES mini controller to a switch? They came from a time when Nintendo could do dpads

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Nintendo can always release Hulu plus in 2018.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Bad Parenting posted:

Wrong. DS4 dpad is great. Switch pro controller dpad sucks and the joycon buttons are not a dpad.

Is there any way to hook up a SNES mini controller to a switch? They came from a time when Nintendo could do dpads

Every Nintendo console up to the Wii U has a good dpad. Every non-Nintendo console has bad dpads.

• Locked thread