Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Zyla posted:

ive been curious about slime ranching

anyone wanna trade some games for it? I can give ya rise of the tomb raider for it!

It's...okay. Kawaii and fun but honestly very shallow compared to the superior Stardew Valley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I'm glad everyone in the Trump thread is an alcoholic or weed fiend. :)

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

I just moved and have almost no furniture, yet I must post.

drink that poo poo then get in the dryer

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Thatim posted:

is that a 'beginner' opera? I went to two opera shows in my life.. I loved one and I hated the other.

But I sort of want to learn to appreciate it. But I guess its an acquired taste. where2start

inb4 'look at that bougie dog'

Rigoletto is a good beginner opera. Reasonable plot, a tale of how the powerful are lovely horrible people, only about 2 hours long w/ intermission, and has a few famous tunes.

Stay the gently caress away from Wagner

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

zegermans posted:

Stay the gently caress away from Wagner

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Epic High Five posted:

Got a Minecraft server i'm working on the deployment of at the moment, but also Subnautica and to a lesser degree Slime Rancher

Way less embarrassing of a "spent a lot of money for not much" than a Mac

My desktop is an Aurora, it's nice and cost me ~300 less than if I had built it myself

When I upgrade I'm getting another one

saaaame, an Aurora! :) That poo poo is great value for the price

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

YOU A loving HAT posted:

I have the Cut Out paper Unseen university...two copies actually, been wanting to put it together someday but it's HUGE and I'd need a vacay from work to justify tackling it

Pure sex

that's next on my list of collecting after I get a complete set of the maps and The Witches game

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Opera gets a bad rap and everyone is like "yes I know opera, remember the Barber of Seville??" because it was in a Looney Tunes once

Ur local movie theatre probably has screened opera performances on Sundays so you can know more than like, Madame Butterfly or Porgy and Bess, the trash operas

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

zegermans posted:

Does she think if she tonedeafly tries to dunk on Trump like it's 2016 she'll retroactively become president?

pretty sure thats how it works but ive never read the constitution

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

angerbeet posted:

i paused the opera i am listening to and I'm sure the neighbouring units are all like "ah that's it no more opera" congrats fuckos it's the Ring Cycle and it's gonna be opera for many more days

blast this instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U06jlgpMtQs

:bernin:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/andersoncooper/status/914214898674135040

"It's hosed up"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

YOU A loving HAT posted:

saaaame, an Aurora! :) That poo poo is great value for the price

On the flip side, check out what they're charging for the Area 51's haha

It's pretty clear they're making the Aurora's the "midrange" option they sell at cost as a foot in the door to sell rich fucks 5k A51's

I'm happy with this tho tbh

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

wwhd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koJlIGDImiU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

angerbeet posted:

i paused the opera i am listening to and I'm sure the neighbouring units are all like "ah that's it no more opera" congrats fuckos it's the Ring Cycle and it's gonna be opera for many more days

magic helmet??!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Thatim posted:

lmao

cool tho that that stuff is made and performed

Wagner was a huge dick and was all "WELL THIS IS WHAT I THINK OF YOUR OPERAS" and invented a bunch of instruments, one of the acts of the operatic work involves 18 literal anvils tuned to the key of F

I don't know how you tune an anvil but it apparently involves being a dick

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
why cant all these first responders and rescue workers and such organize horizontally

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I guess Trump can get away safely with whatever he does or says about Puerto Rico, since they themselves can't vote and the people who know/care that they're American citizens are the same people who'd have reason to hate Trump already.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
"oh no there's not central authority to tell us what to do" good welcome to the left

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i kind of want to see the opera that was in hitman blood money

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

LegoMan posted:

It was fun setting mine up with rainbow colors but ultimately pointless. I bought an origin laptop because it's a gaming laptop without the bells and whistles

this is the ideal workstation

you may not like it but this is what peak price-to-performance looks like

it's an old xeon server motherboard with two 8-core cpus, 128G of ecc ram, and more sata ports than anybody needs

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
the only good opera is the magic flute

idk others might be good but i like that one

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

kill the wabbit

or chant yes until you turn purple

https://twitter.com/KenJennings/status/914244961578622976

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Duscat posted:

this is the ideal workstation

you may not like it but this is what peak price-to-performance looks like

it's an old xeon server motherboard with two 8-core cpus, 128G of ecc ram, and more sata ports than anybody needs

would love that for my minecraft poo poo

what kinda graphics it got tho huh

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Kazak_Hstan posted:

technically that's a singspiel.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Duscat posted:

i like the design process that went into this laptop, like, ok this is getting to be a p. good laptop now, we've got a good cpu, enough ram, a p. dece GPU and a good display, the only thing remaining is, it needs to glow all over with all sorts of different colored leds

come on

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

why won't Hillary go away

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I am guessing you know the aria from it and nothing else you bougie POS

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

hillary, who has done nothing since inaug day but send vacuous tweets and promote her book, is here for you

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i want to buy another server
i want to put 10TB in it

and i want it cheap
and like, 2x nics please

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Duscat posted:

i like the design process that went into this laptop, like, ok this is getting to be a p. good laptop now, we've got a good cpu, enough ram, a p. dece GPU and a good display, the only thing remaining is, it needs to glow all over with all sorts of different colored leds

This is a feature, not a bug

the LEDs of my keyboard and weird special alienware keys trhat I never use are a rainbow in solidarity with my mission of turning the whole world gay via superior laptop technology

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

lol science did a study to learn exaxtly how much slamming 6 strong screwdrivers after working out would gently caress with your GAINS

the answer is 37% gently caress w/ lol

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
256 gigs RAM so i can ramdisk my anime

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hamilton is an opera

a pop tart is a sandwich

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

angerbeet posted:

I am guessing you know the aria from it and nothing else you bougie POS

no I like the whole thing, I have watched the covent garden production with simon keenlyside and diana damrau like four times it's really good

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Wagner probably went around shouting WAGNER it's v. much his style

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

fits my needs posted:

I'm glad everyone in the Trump thread is an alcoholic or weed fiend. :)

loading up blue dream into my broken glass rn :patriot:

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
When you think about it, aren't the first people to tweet or post a thread the real first responders? :thunk:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Kazak_Hstan posted:

no I like the whole thing, I have watched the covent garden production with simon keenlyside and diana damrau like four times it's really good

Oh yeah Diana Damrau is a good queen of the night I'll give you that, POS status rescinded

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I'm watching the princess Bride for the first time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

eta: below @ ^^^^^^ as well

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

When you think about it, aren't the first people to tweet or post a thread the real first responders? :thunk:

holy poo poo :prepop:

• Locked thread