Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

zegermans posted:

like he's spent the last 10 hours yelling about the mayor of San Juan saying his her people are dying

a hispanic woman mouthed off to him

he's not just gonna sit there and take that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

this is the only tech site i go to.

https://www.anandtech.com/

everything else is just a platform to advertise apple products

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

zegermans posted:

like he's spent the last 10 hours yelling about the mayor of San Juan saying his people are dying

*her

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
i dont go to tech sites cause i am not a tech bro

ziiiing

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

they were selling potter house swag at this deparment store, and there was absolutely nothing for us hufflepuffs :argh:

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Baloogan posted:

w00t alienware

i like the design process that went into this laptop, like, ok this is getting to be a p. good laptop now, we've got a good cpu, enough ram, a p. dece GPU and a good display, the only thing remaining is, it needs to glow all over with all sorts of different colored leds

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

my bad

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

i have an alienware tower pretty dece, got on sale at a good price without a lot of bells and whistles and it lets me stream to twitch with no issues :D

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

YOU A loving HAT posted:

i want that discworld book

also what up vodka, laundry and alienware pal :hfive: just did a load and put it on my ikea drying rack :3

It's an amazing book, I think the best is Young Esme Weatherwax because he does a really good job of capturing the essence of Granny Weatherwax while changing almost everything else except the eyes

the other one is a collection of Calvin and Hobbes

best coffee table books

Alienware really is the best if you wait for sales, you can get pre-configured for less than part cost a lot of the time. All these Apple posters, psh

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

it was irc tho

:ssh:

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Duscat posted:

i like the design process that went into this laptop, like, ok this is getting to be a p. good laptop now, we've got a good cpu, enough ram, a p. dece GPU and a good display, the only thing remaining is, it needs to glow all over with all sorts of different colored leds

It was fun setting mine up with rainbow colors but ultimately pointless. I bought an origin laptop because it's a gaming laptop without the bells and whistles

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

hufflepuf, more like hufflefarts!!!

i am of house muggle myself

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

Zyla posted:

it was irc tho

:ssh:

nailed it!

i recognized the disconnect message

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

I just moved and have almost no furniture, yet I must post.

Bear Retrieval Unit has issued a correction as of 22:43 on Sep 30, 2017

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/914236770216181762

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Intel&Sebastian posted:

this is my favorite part of deep trumpism. The idea that people are going to look down on the thing that made you mad because the rage it caused somehow turned you into a literal nazi.

LOOK WHAT THE NFL GUY KNEELING HAS DONE I WANT TO KILL ALL THE JEWS NOW SOMEONE STOP THEM

the holocaust started because someone went back in time and showed hitler a picture of nfl players kneeling for the national anthem

true story

"those corpses floating by in cholera water are FAKE NEWS!"- the president

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
i paused the opera i am listening to and I'm sure the neighbouring units are all like "ah that's it no more opera" congrats fuckos it's the Ring Cycle and it's gonna be opera for many more days

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
the prelude is two and a half hours

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Epic High Five posted:

It's an amazing book, I think the best is Young Esme Weatherwax because he does a really good job of capturing the essence of Granny Weatherwax while changing almost everything else except the eyes

best coffee table books

Alienware really is the best if you wait for sales, you can get pre-configured for less than part cost a lot of the time. All these Apple posters, psh

If I listen to regular music it gets stuck in my head forever because of my anxiety so I listen to audio books. I basically just rotate through the City Watch and Industrial Revolution books over and over.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

euphronius posted:

nice goon.jpeg

what games are you playing

Got a Minecraft server i'm working on the deployment of at the moment, but also Subnautica and to a lesser degree Slime Rancher

Calibanibal posted:

im the Alienware™ Gaming Laptop

Way less embarrassing of a "spent a lot of money for not much" than a Mac

YOU A loving HAT posted:

i have an alienware tower pretty dece, got on sale at a good price without a lot of bells and whistles and it lets me stream to twitch with no issues :D

My desktop is an Aurora, it's nice and cost me ~300 less than if I had built it myself

When I upgrade I'm getting another one

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

rather suck a troops dick than accept comfort from a liberal

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Spoeank posted:

I'm the frosty rear end bottle of svedka straight on the table without a coaster

It normally lives in the freezer but I took it out for the shoot

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

lmao I went out to lunch with a journalist friend who gets push notifications when tormp tweets and her phone was buzzing off the table

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

angerbeet posted:

i paused the opera i am listening to and I'm sure the neighbouring units are all like "ah that's it no more opera" congrats fuckos it's the Ring Cycle and it's gonna be opera for many more days

is that a 'beginner' opera? I went to two opera shows in my life.. I loved one and I hated the other.

But I sort of want to learn to appreciate it. But I guess its an acquired taste. where2start

inb4 'look at that bougie dog'

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJyjliiDIf8

me when I make a C-SPAM post

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

Got a Minecraft server i'm working on the deployment of at the moment, but also Subnautica and to a lesser degree Slime Rancher

this is how you answer "what games are you playing ?"

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

angerbeet posted:

tbh it's gyorgi ligeti - lux aeterna season

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Thatim posted:

is that a 'beginner' opera? I went to two opera shows in my life.. I loved one and I hated the other.

But I sort of want to learn to appreciate it. But I guess its an acquired taste. where2start

inb4 'look at that bougie dog'

It's four complete operas and takes three days to stage

so no

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

ive been curious about slime ranching

anyone wanna trade some games for it? I can give ya rise of the tomb raider for it!

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

i dont think thats how you spell nuts

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

LegoMan posted:

If I listen to regular music it gets stuck in my head forever because of my anxiety so I listen to audio books. I basically just rotate through the City Watch and Industrial Revolution books over and over.

Guards Guards is one of my favs of all time, though I love them all

I think the last book I have to read of everything he's written is The Shepherd's Crown

Nation is probably the only YA book I've read that isn't garbage, along with the Aching books of course

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

angerbeet posted:

It's four complete operas and takes three days to stage

so no

lmao

cool tho that that stuff is made and performed

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Epic High Five posted:

Way less embarrassing of a "spent a lot of money for not much" than a Mac

i cant deny that, mac and iphone users are animals tbqh

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

Pasito a pasito, suave, suavecito
Nos vamos pegando poquito a poquito

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Aida is fine, it's all the pomp and whatnot but wraps itself up pretty quickly

They get elephants in if you go to a good showing

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
please, for the love of god, stop playing games

this is serious

people are dying

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

deadgoon posted:

please, for the love of god, stop playing games

this is serious

people are dying

I checked my /age before quitting the last game that I'm ever going to bother playing seriously and it's going to haunt me until my grave tbh

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Counting the number of ways she's with Puerto Rico:
1) tweeting about it

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Epic High Five posted:

best coffee table books

I have the Cut Out paper Unseen university...two copies actually, been wanting to put it together someday but it's HUGE and I'd need a vacay from work to justify tackling it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Does she think if she tonedeafly tries to dunk on Trump like it's 2016 she'll retroactively become president?

• Locked thread