Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol was literally going to post this, and it's all i know about opera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

is this lazytown

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

this chart is exhibit one in the bullshit

see that blue line: that's from prescription meds, the ones they're cracking down on, notice how fuckin stable that line is. it hasnt become any more dangerous to take them and the level of death is managed

leave us legit users the gently caress alone :argh:

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Like a rhi- like a rhi- like a rhino?

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Internet Webguy posted:

the first time i smoked trainwreck was the night I watched blue velvet which was the first lynch movie I'd ever seen

it was a special night

good lord how into it were you

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Thatim posted:

is that a 'beginner' opera? I went to two opera shows in my life.. I loved one and I hated the other.

But I sort of want to learn to appreciate it. But I guess its an acquired taste. where2start

inb4 'look at that bougie dog'

barber of seville and abduction from the seraglio are real real good beginner operas imo

best opera i ever saw was contes d'hoffmann tho i would not recommend it w/o first understanding that germans have been real hosed in the brain for centuries

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

ps deadgoon im saying your posts are often art but in what could be read as a mean way

because ???

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Consummate Professional posted:

I hope we can make computers that self destruct when your life force goes out one day. just delete all my dumb poo poo when I die, Siri

we have that now essentially, with encryption, barring quantum computing killdozering all current standards

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Epic High Five posted:

if ur ever in Indiana hmu and you can destroy me at board games because it is my forever fate to be bad at them

I doubt there's a Tabletop Simulator mod for that game after all

i also suck at them so we can get mutually destroyed by cardboard rules together, m8 :hfive:

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Zyla posted:

this chart is exhibit one in the bullshit

see that blue line: that's from prescription meds, the ones they're cracking down on, notice how fuckin stable that line is. it hasnt become any more dangerous to take them and the level of death is managed

leave us legit users the gently caress alone :argh:

the blue line is heroin tho

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

angerbeet posted:

I looked up beginner operas and here's a link: https://www.alivenetwork.com/blogs/customer-advice.asp?id=191

problem is they are all trash

I dunno go with Aida it's at least a spectacle

lol if you don't listen to klingon opera all day every day

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Squizzle posted:

tho i would not recommend it w/o first understanding that germans have been real hosed in the brain for centuries

This is how I explain Ilsa: SheWolf of the SS

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

any fellow I Just Really Like Building Long Roads Catan-losers in the house? :unsmith:

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

that's the exact opposite of what the chart actually shows

it's the heroin and chinese fentanyl that are skyrocketing, the prescribed ones are holding steady

e: ^^^ what zyla said above

Duscat has issued a correction as of 23:09 on Sep 30, 2017

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

An Apple A Gay posted:

s w o r d
d a n c e

that's a ballet you ultimate fucker

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
vestilagiubba.mp4

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Epic High Five posted:

I am v glad that Pratchett demanded that all his laptops and hard drives be crushed with a literal steamroller upon his death, so we don't have to deal with a Tolkien-style release of half baked garbage 100 years after his death

hell yes

i think the last few books released under his name were already written mostly by someone else, i loving gave up on raising steam

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
The Barber of Seville is pretty good and easy to get into

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

These shitheads are going to run this into the ground if it's true.

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/913954100143886336

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
rimsy korsakov would be right to murder you

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Duscat posted:

that's the exact opposite of what the chart actually shows

it's the heroin and chinese fentanyl that are skyrocketing, the prescribed ones are holding steady

My mind was definitely blown when I read an article last week about a woman who was addicted to straight fent. I thought that poo poo would kill you pretty quickly, but I guess if you put your mind to it, you can achieve anything?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Arms_Akimbo posted:

The Barber of Seville is pretty good and easy to get into

yes it's also trash

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

YOU A loving HAT posted:

i also suck at them so we can get mutually destroyed by cardboard rules together, m8 :hfive:

I've found that contests between people who have insanely bad luck at things are far more fun than contests that are evenly balanced or among talented and lucky people tbh

it's like how D&D campaigns are always more fun when people keep rolling 1's

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Redgrendel2001 posted:

and so it begins :unsmigghh:

if true right wing gonna freak out

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

YOU A loving HAT posted:

im purple thing under the table leg

lol

it's post-its to level the ikea table with my corner desk, it's like 4mm off

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

angerbeet posted:

I looked up beginner operas and here's a link: https://www.alivenetwork.com/blogs/customer-advice.asp?id=191

problem is they are all trash

I dunno go with Aida it's at least a spectacle

marriage of figaro is good.

rigoletto is better than aida

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Duscat posted:

hell yes

i think the last few books released under his name were already written mostly by someone else, i loving gave up on raising steam

raising steam so disappoint

it SHOULD have been Raising Taxes, next logical step

it doesn't even fit the double-joke title standard of Going Postal and Making Money

a sad, sad book :(

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Driving to work in the morning Fox News made sure to mention he was from Sudan about 15 times.

On the drive home they didn't mention it once.

I assume it came out that he wasn't muslim?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Duscat posted:

hell yes

I read them out of duty...Raising Steam felt like a true send-off and was very sad for me for that reason. All the old characters come back for another chance to shine in a plotline focused on building a nebulous future

A lot of them were co-written. The only one I can remember that was really genuinely bad was Unseen Academicals tho

We live in a world that took Pratchett early but Trump is still chugging along.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Hillary should have been mindwiped from the entire populace when she said she was chillin on the couch sending good vibes and tweets to the womens march that she was watching on tv.

goddamn

just

drat

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

zegermans posted:

Driving to work in the morning Fox News made sure to mention he was from Sudan about 15 times.

On the drive home they didn't mention it once.

I assume it came out that he wasn't muslim?

nah it says he drove a SUV not a sudan :downsrim:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/914250804810436608

he's running

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i hope now that kanye is on meds that make you fat and is getting therapy he'll get over his reactionary phase

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

chug that onion you pansy

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

juche avocado posted:

good lord how into it were you

i honestly didn't remember the ending the next day but im sure it burrowed deep into my subconscious i was still a lightweight pretty much right after high school

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
if kneeling turns mild mannered conservatives into actual swastika nazis then a shooting response to charleston is going to turn them into a bunch of Thanos clones

just endless white dudes clambering over eachother to kill the most people because they think death incarnate is gonna save them from inceldom

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Redgrendel2001 posted:

R A H O W A

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/carrasquillo/status/914226413775015936

"we need a distraction time to whip out that mexican thing"

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
wish i was a russian robot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Duscat posted:

lol

it's post-its to level the ikea table with my corner desk, it's like 4mm off

same but I used wooden discs I cut down XD

I actually took an 8-cubby kallax shelf, turned onto its side and added a linnmon kitchen table top to the side of the kallax with some metal brackets from home depot, and attached two table legs under the other side of the table, so now I have a neat corner office-style desk with eight cubbies for books and shittons of table space

Wires all hosed up right now tho cuz having trouble with outlets in the room so have to run PC and poo poo to a cord in other room.

Opera talk: I like Tales of Hoffman ok, olympia's song is an excellent aria

• Locked thread