Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Baker posted:

Tickets for night one of PWG's All Star Weekend 13 are still on sale.
Probably because the ticket price has gone up again and the names on the show (besides a few) don't jump out at anyone.

No Bucks?

No buys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
More like No Stars Weekend hahaha.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Rip pwg

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
That main event for night one still looks insane to me.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the link still works but it's been sold out for like 15 hours at this point, you can go through the entire payment process but at the end it tells you it's no longer available

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
PWG lives?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

It's funny we're at a point where selling out in an hour is worrisome through

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

C. Everett Koop posted:

you know what it's been a while since we've seen what the thread's namesake has been up to let's see what's up with ol' ZANDIG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98ZNJS1ZlhQ

needless to say it's :nws: and :nms: all day every day

gently caress

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

C. Everett Koop posted:

you know what it's been a while since we've seen what the thread's namesake has been up to let's see what's up with ol' ZANDIG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98ZNJS1ZlhQ

needless to say it's :nws: and :nms: all day every day

when did nick gage get out of prison and can we send him back?

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

more attention needs to be drawn to this roster page

im chris mooch

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

whatculture pro wrestling is now defiant pro wrestling and they signed Wade Barrett to GM

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/TheLumberJew/status/914316694742536192

https://twitter.com/TheLumberJew/status/914321157117108225

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Until now I thought pushes in SHINE were merit-based.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Did we find out why Gabe fired this guy yet

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

EugeneJ posted:

Did we find out why Gabe fired this guy yet

Said he quit I believe.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

theres no such thing as a push in shine

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

what was the deleted tweet

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

KungFu Grip posted:

Sal and Gabe told him to try and blackmail SHINE girls for pushes.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Imagine how worthless and empty your life would have to be to consider sucking off any of those guys for a better spot on a show that maybe 100 people will see.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

KungFu Grip posted:

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Here's my review that I never got around to writing last weekend.

NOVA Pro Wrestling - September 22, 2017 - NOVA Project 3 - Fairfax, VA (Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia)

0a. Isaiah Frazier vs Ken Dixon vs AC Hawkes vs The Juggernaut

0b. Donovan Danhausen vs Sage Philips

1. Sahara Seven vs Faye Jackson - This was short and fine. They wrestled two months ago and I presume Sahara is local, and in the end they didn't have anybody else to book Faye against. Sahara's promising.

2. Dominic Garrini vs Chip Day - Ended up being better than Kermon vs Day from last month. Garrini is really good and I'm happy whenever they book him. He was leaving as Kermon came out and they got in each other's faces so they may be doing that rematch or program soon.

3. John Kermon vs Tim Donst - Listen, I was mad on the internet about Donst's "Safety First" gimmick in NOVA the first few times. It's the crowd's fault and I still hate the crowd. BUT Tim Donst is living the gimmick now. He came out to Safety Dance and he wore a hard hat and neon safety jacket. "Safety First" Tim Donst is good now. Match was good I think, I don't remember.

4. The Ugly Ducklings (Lance Lude & Rob Killjoy) vs The Carnies (Kerry Awful & Nick Iggy) - Two of my favorite teams had what I would presume is their standard match. They're both great, but I would say that it ends up meaning that I rate it as the first "good" Ducklings match in NOVA compared to the two previous "great" ones. The Carnies debuted a new theme music here and it's tremendous.

5. Curt Stallion vs Sonjay Dutt - Curt was very good. I hope to see more of him in the future. The "guy yelling questions to the wrestlers during the match" was at his worst here, but Stallion yelled SHUT YOUR MOUTH and everyone in the section cheered so he shut up for the most part for the rest of the night. After the match Sonjay brought a 4 year old girl from the crowd (Allie Kat's biggest fan) into the ring, that was sweet.

6. Alexander James & Bobby Shields vs Chet Sterling & "The Progressive Liberal" Daniel Richards - Dan Richards is so bad. I guess he's decided that he's going to own the "one note" gimmick because he did his promo against the 1% rich guy stable opponents here then during the match he did Hulk Hogan moves. Big boot and leg drop with posing. Give me a break. Combo that with the profile from last week where he called a fan a bitch and said his dream is to work for WWE as enhancement talent, I'm even more over him than I already was.

7. Allie Kat vs Jordynne Grace - Solid match. Both are always welcome here and Allie took the match more seriously to match Jordynne's intensity.

8. Beau Crockett vs Innocent Isaiah (Last Man Standing) - This one didn't work for me. It's a storyline feud coming to a theoretical conclusion, but Isaiah is a Cheeseburger-size guy so even with weapons and gimmicks I just didn't buy that he ever had a chance in a match like this. It was almost 20 minutes long and that was too much after too long of a day to that point. They did a stretcher job and Isaiah went dark on Twitter for a full week and posted a video about how he had a serious concussion, but I can't tell for sure if it is a work. If he really got a concussion, it was not worth it for this match.

9. Angelus Layne vs Mia Yim - Really good even though it was short. My questions about the booking bore out, because just as the match was getting going they played Brittany Blake of all people's music over the PA to distract Angelus, but Blake never came out and it allowed Mia to get the local celeb win without killing Layne's heat. Blake is good, but Angelus destroyed her two months ago so I don't know what kind of feud they're going to have.

10. Logan Easton LaRoux vs Arik Royal - Tremendous 25 minute match, one of the best matches in NOVA Pro history. Nobody had truly defeated Logan in NOVA so far, and the quality of the match and the history of both Arik and Logan in the promotion made it feel like it was the right time to do it. Tons of hot near falls, a sequence brawling through all 4 sides of the crowd, and Logan being forced to tap out by the Ace of NOVA Pro sent everyone home happy from a show that ran long on a Friday and appropriately celebrated two great years of wrestling in northern Virginia.

A few days after the show NOVA Pro, which had previously said this was the first show they were taping with an "in house" crew, announced that the floor cam's battery had went bad after match (I think) 3 on the list above, so they were going make a file with hard cam only for matches 0-3 and then full editing for 4-10 and put it on Powerbomb instead of trying to sell it on Smart Mark.

That said, quality-wise it was a one match show where the one match delivered above and beyond, but nothing else on the show was really worth going out of your way to see. It was still a fun time as it always is. When it's up on Powerbomb I recommend the main event, especially if you can fit in any of the early shows they've posted just to see how far the promotion has come.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chip Day looks too much like that Hello Fellow Teens guy for me to take seriously.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Luigi Thirty posted:

whatculture pro wrestling is now defiant pro wrestling and they signed Wade Barrett to GM

wait I thought defiant was matt farmer's fed up in Seattle

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that might be Defy

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Progressive Liberal is very bad at wrestling

Paul Lee you fuckin suck, gently caress you and AWF whoever they are

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Is he one of those dinguses that will walk it back and say EYY I'M IN CHARACTER HERE YA MARKS

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mob posted:

Is he one of those dinguses that will walk it back and say EYY I'M IN CHARACTER HERE YA MARKS

His whole thing is being a Ric Flair wannabe, robe and all, so probably not.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Is that a thing at AWF? Don't think anyone would protest police brutality at an AWF show but what do I know?

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Years ago, a local indie fed here in Southern Illinois started off every show with the National Anthem which they illegally downloaded off of some torrent site.

The massive chuds in the audience threw a fit if any of the kids in the place were not paying attention. The wrestlers sat around in the back and did not pay attention at all.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Paul Lee is a notorious shithead that everyone hates

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

Paul Lee is a notorious shithead that everyone hates

Typical promoter poo poo, or...?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

bad Paul Lee thing: running shows opposite charity fundraisers and tearing down their flyers in nearby towns

good Paul Lee thing: booking a "fan" to rush the ring with a guy to try and shoot him and working the police and media into thinking its real for publicity

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Oops

rovert fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Oct 2, 2017

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm still confused what this means.

Did Gabe and Sal stand on either side of him and demand he get a SHINE worker to suck his dick? Did they find someone in SHINE willing to suck his dick for a push? Was this a storyline idea because as it stands right now, nothing of important has happened in SHINE since the MYC bookings were announced?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

he's saying management gave him some friendly advice on how to get laid by telling women they'd get a push for sleeping with

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

At first I thought it was a misogynistic joke, but looking at Gabe it's probably something he's done before.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
I'm going to MLW One-Shot this week, and my girlfriend will be tagging along for her first wrestling show ever. Anything specifically I should really be looking forward to outside of getting to see Jeff Cobb in person for the first time?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/OfficialEGO/status/914971357858934784

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Boco_T posted:

That said, quality-wise it was a one match show where the one match delivered above and beyond, but nothing else on the show was really worth going out of your way to see. It was still a fun time as it always is. When it's up on Powerbomb I recommend the main event, especially if you can fit in any of the early shows they've posted just to see how far the promotion has come.
I went and agree with this. The entire crowd was standing for the last five minutes or so of the match, and it is top five matches I've seen live. It was a very long drive for me and this match was singularly what made it worth it.