Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Also a funny, talented actor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
pretty soon we're gonna have the wars between people who were named Bella because their parents were horrible Twilight fans and people named Bela because their parents were tacky Bauhaus fans

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Also a funny, talented actor.

I forget, did he help that lovely rear end in a top hat on the League cover up that he wasn't in NY for 9/11?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I mean no dude he was probably one of the people that guy lied to

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
seriously though Tin Star is awesome

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

It's my fav show starring Tim Roth Currently on TV.

I swear he wrote his own dialog.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

Yeah, I started it and got interrupted, but the first 20 minutes was great and I can't wait to get back to it.

I don't think I've ever seen Tim Roth as such an... Unmenacing guy. Although I'm suspecting there's going to be plenty of menace. But seriously, I had to actually check that it was him, since he looked to friendly.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Snak posted:

Yeah, I started it and got interrupted, but the first 20 minutes was great and I can't wait to get back to it.

I don't think I've ever seen Tim Roth as such an... Unmenacing guy. Although I'm suspecting there's going to be plenty of menace. But seriously, I had to actually check that it was him, since he looked to friendly.

Reviews have spoiled this, but the show itself doesn't: He has a split personality, it's a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde situation, so yeah... he gets pretty nasty starting in episode 3

Also *ahem* there's a thread for it.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Tonight's Halt And Catch Fire was absolutely heartbreaking.

One of the best shows on television. Everyone on there deserves Emmys and Golden Globes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just realized I never got around to watching Patriot despite the insane amount of praise. I guess we'll give that a go.

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Gonz posted:

One of the best shows on television. Everyone on there deserves Emmys and Golden Globes.

I wish more people watched this show.

It was a very powerful episode.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

That Halt and Catch Fire tho

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

esperterra posted:

That Halt and Catch Fire tho

Got dayum.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It amazes me how much better this show has gotten every year, and I liked season one more than most people seem to. I'm going to miss it.

Kind of relieved they're just ending it instead of dragging it out.

Ever since they announced it would be the final season, I figured Gordon would die this year. I wasn't expecting it to be so sudden or so casually, with like three episodes left to go. As soon as I realized he was dreaming about Donna and the girls, I knew he was gone. drat. Good poo poo.

Looking back at the rest of the episode after it happened, it seemed more obvious they were building to it. I love this show.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
drat I'm really excited to get to this episode now

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anyone watching Absentia?

Serial killer drama, i'm calling as a quality show. 2 episodes out , on AxN

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Halt and Catch Fire is one of the few shows I'm sort of giving "Tryouts" to the past few days. I think I'm 3ish episodes into the first season. It's not bad but it hasn't really grabbed me yet. I'll keep going though, from what I understand the first season is decent but it gets better from there.

Also Tin Star but I still haven't finished the first episode. I'd say it's just okay so far.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The Seinfeld scenes in Big Mouth episode 8 were loving hilarious

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Gonz posted:

I came here just to post about tonight's episode. This final season has been fantastic and it's probably only clocking a 0.2 or something. :smith:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Watching the episode now but pretty sure I accidentally spoiled the big thing for myself like an idiot

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Vanderdeath posted:

I came here just to post about tonight's episode. This final season has been fantastic and it's probably only clocking a 0.2 or something. :smith:

Close. It's been doing a pretty consistent 0.3-0.4 through the entire final season.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wow. That was a great episode. gently caress.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Okay, I just finished the first Tin Star Episode.

:catstare:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Okay, I just finished the first Tin Star Episode.

It gets exponentially more crazy with like every minute of every episode. The crazy sociopath whiteboy killer is NUTS

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

precision posted:

The most crazy thing to me was California's insane rule for changing your name including that you have to announce it in a newspaper every week for a month.

Must really suck if your name is something like Crap Sandwich Baker. I feel like there should be exceptions for people with awful parents (one of my ex's named her daughter Aeris and now that the kid is 7 she (the ex) keeps posting on Facebook about how her daughter's school life is a nightmare. Well, fuckin' duh.

There are 7 year olds with that much knowledge of Final Fantasy 7?

IRQ posted:

So, people on PSVue, I'm getting more and more shows with unskippable commercials on DVR and I am almost done with this bullshit. Am I crazy or is this becoming way more common?

I dunno, I ditched PSVue months ago because it had been on a decline for a while, along with their price hike. I'm about to ditch Sling too because I realized that I don't actually care about anything on any of the channels they carry.

less laughter posted:

They already should since Khaleesi isn't even her name but just her honorific

It's like naming your child Duchess or Urexcellency

or Jermajesty

Lycus posted:

Or, y'know, Prince.

Prince made it work, though. If you get a name like that your only hope is to become someone who is known only by one name.

raditts fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Oct 1, 2017

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Rhyno posted:

I forget, did he help that lovely rear end in a top hat on the League cover up that he wasn't in NY for 9/11?
?????????

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
one of the dudes on The League used to tell the story of being in NYC during 9/11 and it turns out he wasn't.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

precision posted:

one of the dudes on The League used to tell the story of being in NYC during 9/11 and it turns out he wasn't.

It's worse than that; he claimed to have been in the South Tower.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

While working for a company that never had an office at the WTC.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

raditts posted:

Prince made it work, though. If you get a name like that your only hope is to become someone who is known only by one name.

I was actually thinking of Prince Jackson.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I couldn't find a thread so I just wanted to say that Inhumans seems really bad going by the first episode.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

MiddleOne posted:

I couldn't find a thread so I just wanted to say that Inhumans seems really bad going by the first episode.

What?! Scott Buck can do no wrong.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Finally started watching Queen Sugar season 2 and I forgot there was a character whose name is actually 'Hollywood'

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/09/17/arts/television/steve-rannazzisi-comedian-who-told-of-9-11-escape-admits-he-lied.html

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MiddleOne posted:

Oh, oh no, what a surprise :geno:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Arist posted:

It's worse than that; he claimed to have been in the South Tower.

That was a weird lovely story and probably ensured that he wouldn't get much work again after The League since he was also only kind of funny and not good enough to ignore the story he told for 15 years about barely surviving the collapse of the tower.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don't think he's done anything since the truth came out about two years ago. Last thing I recall him credited for was a New Girl appearance that was likely shot before that.

Can't say I miss him even a little bit

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Wow, I missed that story.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bob Burger and Last Man on Earth are back tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Also Curb Your Enthusiasm!

• Locked thread