Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

part of her death scene involves her flashing back to the event that caused her death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I read a lot of books but have not been able to really embrace or enjoy Gaiman

I respect what he does and he is very good at it

but it's like the Transmet equivlanet of not scaling up very well beyond your teenage years

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

lomarf

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/jbarro/status/914281585075265536

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

is the president mad today

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Nichael posted:

she lost to bing bing bong bong russian stooge rofl

It's not her fault the American people are stupid.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Jose posted:

no i want a 6 or 7 richter scale quake next so long as i'm somewhere like japan that won't crumble to dust when it happens

You need to find a friend that wants to get married in Bali tomorrow imho. Preferably at the base of Mt. Agung.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

triple sulk posted:

posting bill mitchell should be a sixer

hes annoying, idk if he hits that level

i just keep asking people not to and idk if that specifically has helped but the volume of mitchell tweets has deffo fallen

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Jazerus posted:

i feel like people dig american gods because the concept resonates with them rather than because it's actually a good book

I think you're right. It came out right at the height of the OMG NEIL GAIMAN HOT TOPIC NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS craze too iirc so I think a lot of people read it in their teens, had their minds TOTES BLOWN, and now have thick nostalgia shades on

shiksa posted:

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/913949224689127425

the tough rugged individualist shows his dominance by crying like a little baby and calling his lawyer.

arent these the same CHUDs who still jerk themselves off over stealing a flag from shia?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Picture this? okay
I'm a bag of dicks
put me to ur lips

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hglVqACd1C8

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Duscat posted:

vladimir vladimirovich, i respect you, and you have done great things in russia, things i could not have imagined or thought possible, but look at the graph

"any opioid" goes from 3 to 10.5 deaths per 100,000

"commonly prescribed" goes from 1.4 to 4.8

it is a minor component of the overall increase in death rates even over 15 years, and of course the recent five-year hellspike is what everyone now is concerned about

There's one thing: that's a graph of deaths caused by overdose, categorized by the substance.

So the tweet "We know overdoses from prescription #opioids are a driving factor in the 15-year increase in opioid overdose deaths." may be partly wrong unless you read it with the interpretation that there's something the sentence leaves out: it's likely that prescriptions are the driving factor in the upswing in opioid use/abuse, since people got addicted to RX painkillers and switched to illegal alternatives after the prescriptions ran out, but once they're using the stuff that isn't in tablet form with pre-measured doses they're more likely to OD?

...also mentally they might be a bit more willfully negligent since they can't deny being a junkie.

I know, I know, "never bring engineer logic to an internet argument" but gently caress it who cares. Shoot up. Eat Arbys. Die.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Squizzle posted:

hes annoying, idk if he hits that level

i just keep asking people not to and idk if that specifically has helped but the volume of mitchell tweets has deffo fallen

i hate having this be the safe space but short of the seth rogen self ownage thing a few weeks ago, he's just loving insufferable to read his genius brain meme hot takes about trump being smarter than everyone else

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

time 2 play botw

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

You need to find a friend that wants to get married in Bali tomorrow imho. Preferably at the base of Mt. Agung.

i'd rather find a safer volcano to be around

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

triple sulk posted:

yeah i typically do free roll but if you're gonna do either it's front side, lmao if your cat is a lovely rear end in a top hat who pulls all the tp down

front side vs back side is an issue of the physical configuration of the making GBS threads environment and its interaction with your arm length + height

neither is suitable for all situations + people

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Weeping Wound posted:

posting this for triple sulk so they can fight in a very important war

also too poor to go to an opera, that looks cool Squizzle :(

those who support the "hang behind" option should be purged with fire and fury. :colbert:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

weeping wound what city you in/near???? because opera cheap seats are reeeeeaaaaally affordable, like "see a movie, eat at 5 guys twice, or see an opera????" level cheap

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/aparnapkin/status/914282286383693824

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

silentsnack posted:

There's one thing: that's a graph of deaths caused by overdose, categorized by the substance.

So the tweet "We know overdoses from prescription #opioids are a driving factor in the 15-year increase in opioid overdose deaths." may be partly wrong unless you read it with the interpretation that there's something the sentence leaves out: it's likely that prescriptions are the driving factor in the upswing in opioid use/abuse, since people got addicted to RX painkillers and switched to illegal alternatives after the prescriptions ran out, but once they're using the stuff that isn't in tablet form with pre-measured doses they're more likely to OD?

...also mentally they might be a bit more willfully negligent since they can't deny being a junkie.

I know, I know, "never bring engineer logic to an internet argument" but gently caress it who cares. Shoot up. Eat Arbys. Die.

hi engineer, i'm dad

what do you think is driving the gigantic spike in recent opioid deaths that everyone's concerned about

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

This Trump guy, I dunno y'know?

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
dicks out for the anthem

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

triple sulk posted:

i hate having this be the safe space but short of the seth rogen self ownage thing a few weeks ago, he's just loving insufferable to read his genius brain meme hot takes about trump being smarter than everyone else

when you are ik you should deffo enforce that

not being sarcastic or condescending, you gotta find yr own ik style when yr turn rolls around

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

dicks out for the anthem

all penises must stand at attention for the troops

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Squizzle posted:

when you are ik you should deffo enforce that

not being sarcastic or condescending, you gotta find yr own ik style when yr turn rolls around

i will never be ik i have 2 much righteous fury

for TRUMP

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/914281727220207616

i was the only other one who remembered

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

This illegal download of Godzilla Tokyo SOS has a weird formatting that I do not approve of

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
WHOS READY TO SLAM

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bOon9hE1nk

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

dicks out for the anthem

4th of july anthem video except instead of fireworks it's cum shootin and shittin everywhere

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

spent most of today preparing a shadowrun session for tonight

I'm kind of hung over still from last night and shadowrun is already stressful to GM, especially with six players

it'll be a fun three hours though, I hope

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

also the president is bad

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

did you all know

that all of life

is pain defferered

just embrace it now imho

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiACFlHZ1IA

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

dicks out for the anthem

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

sleepy chuck todd
takin a nap
doesn't know
saturdays are for the boys

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

:stare:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

triple sulk posted:

i will never be ik i have 2 much righteous fury

for TRUMP

everyone gets their turn

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

shiksa posted:

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/913949224689127425

the tough rugged individualist shows his dominance by crying like a little baby and calling his lawyer.

never forget that time Ben Shapiro was violently beaten and needed to file a police report:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgQy70_LPS4&t=124s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

dicks out for the anthem

I'm a vaghaver and thus am subversive by nature

• Locked thread