Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Wasn't able to do the badcast game because my battletech demo ran long and my friends had to leave

Played a Sisters player though. He had some horseshit forgeworld transport with 6 firing ports, inside it was a bunch of flamer dominions. Killed it with my hellblasters though, they wounded it with 7 overcharged plasma shots because of Lt and Captain support. Thank gently caress flamers don't ignore cover anymore, with cover all those flamer hits didn't end up doing a lot to me.

Man, T3 sisters do not appreciate being shot at by assault cannon razorbacks. They basically melted.

I used auspex scan for the first time to have a tac squad gun down a unit of deep striking seraphim. That was pretty satisfying.

He got a charge off with a bunch of sisters repentia and they shredded my primaris, 2 damage chainswords were brutal. I lost 6 primaris marines to them and celestine took 2 more.

My main takeaway is that exorcists are bullshit and Celestine dies like a chump to any actual melee. He conceded on the bottom of 3 after I wiped out everything but a repentia mistress, a heavy bolter retributor squad off in his deployment zone, and the 2 exorcists. T3 makes a huge survivability difference, they dropped like flies to my bolters and assault cannons. Repentia hit hard but as soon as they got hit back they collapsed.

His melta dominion squad was pretty brutal, I didn't expect that. Their immolator moved 12 inches for a vanguard move, then top of 1 they disembarked 3 inches away and moved 6, putting them in melta range of my tanks. I'll have to remember that next time I fight sisters.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Oct 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
It makes +1 to hit really great when using plasma or other self-inflicted damage, because it becomes impossible for them to explode. A die face showing a 1 automatically misses, but the +1 makes it a 2 and the plasma/ion/whatever doesn't detonate. Good stuff.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
It's been a while since I took photos of poo poo. The Sicaran Omega looks really cool, but I think the rules are trash (170 points base, 24" heavy 6 plasma gun that can overcharge to heavy 3 s9 -1 d3). Doesn't get anything to ignore the penalty for movement, so if you want to get in range you can't overcharge without a -1 penalty.

Fire raptor is cool and good. Lots of points, but also lots of bullets. Really good at killing primaris and putting damage on light/medium vehicles.

Fat land raider

Hero of my most recent game putting 14 wounds on a land raider in a single turn

Some mans

A contemptor

My entire army as of now

Compared to June right after 8th dropped

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Those are extremely loving cool. I love the candy-apple red paintjobs

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Booley posted:

My entire army as of now

gently caress you so so much.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

chutche2 posted:

Wasn't able to do the badcast game because my battletech demo ran long and my friends had to leave

Played a Sisters player though. He had some horseshit forgeworld transport with 6 firing ports, inside it was a bunch of flamer dominions. Killed it with my hellblasters though, they wounded it with 7 overcharged plasma shots because of Lt and Captain support. Thank gently caress flamers don't ignore cover anymore, with cover all those flamer hits didn't end up doing a lot to me.

It's a Repressor, and its complete horseshit but Sisters are pretty bad without it.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Booley posted:

Candy Red Nipple Marines

Your Blood Angel paint jobs consistently make me hate my bad painting, but love Blood Angels even more. Good work.

What's the secret to that red? It's so drat vibrant and crisp!

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Broken Record Talk posted:

Your Blood Angel paint jobs consistently make me hate my bad painting, but love Blood Angels even more. Good work.

What's the secret to that red? It's so drat vibrant and crisp!

Mephiston red through an airbrush over vallejo grey (really, drat near white) primer.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

This may be the best compliment I've ever gotten.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

This. I love it all but particularly the Dreadmob on the right.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

E: and gently caress your disposable income, too.

At least my kid gets juice

DiHK fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Oct 1, 2017

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Booley, your Bangels are beautiful. Love how that army looks all together.

Played a doubles tourney today with my Templars (crusader squad and termie chaplain in a land raider, melta tac squad in a rhino) alongside Iron Hands (Contemptor, Leviathan, techmarine, 2 tacs in razorbacks)

Game 1 was against pre heresy "World Eaters" using Iron Hands rules and all Devastators and buff characters and Grey Knights doing Paladin MSU. I didn't like this game at all. It was just our poo poo getting tied up and doing nothing.

Game 2 was against Dark Angels and Death Guard, new players who were super awkward. We called it turn 4 when they were almost tabled and we'd lost a few hullpoints and 3 tacs.

After game 2 my buddy/teammate and I went to a pub for dinner and had a few drinks, but he outpaced me by a lot and that lead to:

Game 3, where my teammate was drunk and talking to folks in the store and I was playing both our armies vs. two great dudes with Death Guard and Night Lords. They seized on us (2nd time that day) and because of the stupid deployment and my confidence in getting turn 1, there were 60 poxwalkers in my grill turn 1. I got a little salty since I didn't get to use all my favorite stuff, but somehow managed to pull off a win, levelling their armies and holding 2 out of 3 objectives, taking 3rd place and some store credit. It was down to the last few dierolls and just how I like my hams to be.

Observations:
- of the 16 or so people playing, only 3 or 4 had fully painted armies, myself and my teammate being 2 of them
- armies were space marines, chaos, death guard, and a small smattering of GK and Guard, no xenos at all
- when my teammate drunkenly asked how he could help me, I jokingly asked him for a Repulsor, which he got me, so I guess I'm painting his vespid now
- this event was run way better than the last doubles tourney I went to at this store, and it showed. People had more fun overall from the sound of it
- crusader squads are terrible close combat units, jesus christ
- Leviathan dreadnoughts are stupid good
- gunline character spam armies are really unfun to play against
- one out of three ain't bad?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

I keep finding myself getting bored and reading/posting on Dakka then remembering why I stopped.

Decorus
Aug 26, 2015

Zuul the Cat posted:

This is a very cool paint scheme. What Forge World are you planning on running them as?

I haven't actually looked at any 8th ed rules for these guys. Fluffwise, they're off Konor, a former Forge world associated with Ultramar, recently apparently reclassified back to full Forge world status. Note the cunningly concealed inverted omega on the Dunecrawler.

I didn't realise until I googled Konor again just now that the place has been mentioned in the 8th ed fluff. Now I'm worried my color scheme is all wrong. :ohdear:

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Corrode posted:

I keep finding myself getting bored and reading/posting on Dakka then remembering why I stopped.

Their Death Guard thread is one of the saltiest things I've read in a while.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

So, uh...

What kind of Necron lists are people running these days?

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
I think Dakka hit it's peak with the rape theme models thread.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/707514.page

Mods locked it then reopened it banning anything but talk about how good the models were. And mods repeatedly stepping in to deal with criticism of rape themed models.

There were a bunch of nerds being creepy as well.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Thundercloud posted:

Mods locked it then reopened it banning anything but talk about how good the models were. And mods repeatedly stepping in to deal with criticism of rape themed models.

Good loving christ.

Still, had a game against my buddy's mostly FW iron warriors and I'm now filled with the desire to burn forge world to the ground. He was running 2 hellforged contemptors with dual butcher cannons, a hellforged leviathan with dual butcher arrays and hellflamers and a sicaran with las sponsons backed up by a terminator lord, demon prince, havocs and obliterators. He goes first and takes my contemptor down to 2 wounds, my repulsor down to 1 wound, and kills my redemptor and 2/3 intercessor squads. I took 10 wounds off his sicaran with hellblasters and killed his prince with my librarian but there after that the second volley reduced me to 2 intercessors tying up a contemptor in melee, my apothecary on 2 wounds and my librarian on 4.

8/16/32 36" s8 ap1 d2 shots on a bs2+ platform with reroll ones can gently caress right off. He does at least accept that its flagrant bullshit and won't play it against anyone but the local cheeselord whose no better and someone else he particularly dislikes.

After that I had a rematch against the kid I played on wednesday who'd revised his death guard based on our post game chat so he was running 3 blight haulers, a surgeon and all his possessed in a giant 20 man murderblob instead of 4 separate squads which lead to a game with much more back and forth rather than me as good as tabling him, ending with something like 8 points to me and 6/7 to him.

I might give that forgeworld list another go once I've finished my vindicator and reivers since with those I did at least have some semblance of a gameplan.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

SRM posted:

Game 1 was against pre heresy "World Eaters" using Iron Hands rules and all Devastators

I think I just felt a part of me die reading that line. Jesus that sounds awful on so many levels.

Thundercloud posted:

After posting here a while, y'forget just how terrible the wider 'Ham fanbase can be. jfc

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

Thundercloud posted:

This fuckin hobby.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

SRM posted:

Some doubles tourney stuff

What store was this, Alpha-Omega?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Their Death Guard thread is one of the saltiest things I've read in a while.

A majority of the posters seem to be engaged in a furious competition to prove themselves the most pathetic. There's a 9-page thread of back and forth over whether or not your Guard army should be allowed to use different regiment doctrines or not, where the consensus on one side seems to be "no, but only if you painted then in the Official Scheme, otherwise it's fluffy.' Like genuinely if you painted Cadians grey then they must be Cadians, but green ones aren't.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

SteelMentor posted:

I think I just felt a part of me die reading that line. Jesus that sounds awful on so many levels.

After posting here a while, y'forget just how terrible the wider 'Ham fanbase can be. jfc

GW has a deliberate policy now of directing as much hobby web traffic through GW community for news and rumours, and other topics through facebook where people are less anonymous. This is leading to a lot less forum traffic. GW are also forming relationships with vloggers etc with a decent following who put out decent quality content (see the press copies of Shadespire sent out).

You should try and get camhammer on that.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Thundercloud posted:

GW has a deliberate policy now of directing as much hobby web traffic through GW community for news and rumours, and other topics through facebook where people are less anonymous. This is leading to a lot less forum traffic. GW are also forming relationships with vloggers etc with a decent following who put out decent quality content (see the press copies of Shadespire sent out).

You should try and get camhammer on that.

Yeah, I was pretty much told this verbatim when I was at that interview (which incidentally, I didn't succeed at. T'was brutal, but at least they were nice enough to give us free access to the diorama halls and the business tab in Bugman's).

Honestly it's a good policy, boards like Warseer, Dakka and /tg/ are festering shitpiles and honestly are gonna only serve to scare away people from the hobby. I'd rather get my news/rumours from some shiny happy nerd with an early access copy on Youtube than some scabrous neckbeard on /tg/ who went bin-diving in Nottingham.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Part of me will miss the days of Portent and pre-rape Dakka but I never want to go back to the days when G-dubs weren't open.

Also, I wish Bartertown was still as good as it was back in '00 because /r/miniswap so hit or miss.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

No-one hates GW as deeply or loudly as places like Warseer or Dakka, so it's in GW's best interests to give people the oppertunity to avoid them.

Presumably this is also why GW have started just hopping on leaks and announcing stuff early now. More transparency = less people googling for leaks = less running into people screaming to high heaven about GW.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

it's not like they need an actual factual reason to complain, they'll just argue in circles all day over nothing if they have to

you can check (actually, don't) the AM thread rn for some examples (i really mean it when i say do not do this)

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Hmm... in the Index, the Tank Orders ability specifically forbids Tank Commanders from issuing orders to Characters in Leman Russes. Pask's version of the rule has no such restriction. In the Codex, generic Tank Commanders also lost the restriction and it reads exactly the same as Pask's. That means that Tank Commanders can now issue orders to each other, and even Pask. This changes things a bit, but Tank Commanders still cost 167 points base and normal Russes are only 122...

Do "your opponent must subtract 1 from any hit rolls that target your unit" buffs stack? For example, would smoke launchers and a "shrouding"-type psychic power stack and force your opponent to subtract 2 from the hit rolls?

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
poo poo man, if Crusaders are in the AM codex, does this mean They won't be in the eventual Inquisition book? I'm glad the index books will always be valid. I don't want to have to pick up like 6 different codices.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

they already aren't part of the Inquisition; in the Index, they are part of the Adeptus Ministorum faction. It seems likely to me that Inquisition + Ministorum + Sororitas + Witch Hunters + Assassinorum and probably Custodes will all be jammed into one mixed nuts Imperium Codex

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Artum posted:

Good loving christ.

Still, had a game against my buddy's mostly FW iron warriors and I'm now filled with the desire to burn forge world to the ground. He was running 2 hellforged contemptors with dual butcher cannons, a hellforged leviathan with dual butcher arrays and hellflamers and a sicaran with las sponsons backed up by a terminator lord, demon prince, havocs and obliterators. He goes first and takes my contemptor down to 2 wounds, my repulsor down to 1 wound, and kills my redemptor and 2/3 intercessor squads. I took 10 wounds off his sicaran with hellblasters and killed his prince with my librarian but there after that the second volley reduced me to 2 intercessors tying up a contemptor in melee, my apothecary on 2 wounds and my librarian on 4.

8/16/32 36" s8 ap1 d2 shots on a bs2+ platform with reroll ones can gently caress right off. He does at least accept that its flagrant bullshit and won't play it against anyone but the local cheeselord whose no better and someone else he particularly dislikes.

After that I had a rematch against the kid I played on wednesday who'd revised his death guard based on our post game chat so he was running 3 blight haulers, a surgeon and all his possessed in a giant 20 man murderblob instead of 4 separate squads which lead to a game with much more back and forth rather than me as good as tabling him, ending with something like 8 points to me and 6/7 to him.

I might give that forgeworld list another go once I've finished my vindicator and reivers since with those I did at least have some semblance of a gameplan.

Can hellforged Levs take dual butchers? I thought it was one.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Zuul the Cat posted:

poo poo man, if Crusaders are in the AM codex, does this mean They won't be in the eventual Inquisition book? I'm glad the index books will always be valid. I don't want to have to pick up like 6 different codices.

No, for the same reason Knights being in the AdMech book doesn't stop them being in other places.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Or how rhinos show up in every codex to date except mechanicus.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

SRM posted:

Game 1 was against pre heresy "World Eaters" using Iron Hands rules and all Devastators and buff characters and Grey Knights doing Paladin MSU. I didn't like this game at all. It was just our poo poo getting tied up and doing nothing.

These guys play at my local store - I started sighing as soon as you mentioned (poorly painted) World Eaters. I am so sorry. They mentioned their lists the other day and it didn't sound fun at all to play against.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
How decent of a deal is this? 15 for 5 of the old Chaos terminators, I was thinking of paint stripping these and repainting them, they're metal models

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there
Just bought in on a Tau Start Collecting box as my first army. Have I made a mistake?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

InevitableCheese posted:

Just bought in on a Tau Start Collecting box as my first army. Have I made a mistake?

Nope. Aside from arguably the Ethereal, everything in that box is good and honestly a much better deal than just buying Crisis suits on their own.

OptimusWang
Jul 9, 2007

Speaking of Tau, I bought a Tau army off FB and want to convert the crisis suits to commanders. I've seen a bunch of posts saying it's possible, but my Google-fu is failing me on how to do it. Any advice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Stick a 4th gun on them. Done.

Other than that, give them distinctive paint jobs. In the original Tau codex that was the main difference between Commanders and regular Crisis suits.