Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Jesus...

:69snypa: such a good loving sniper goddamn me I'm running Shotguns nowadays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

cvnvcnv posted:

Queued up guided game for Leviathan out of curiosity. Took fifteen minutes but there were at least a couple dozen teams that came across my screen until I pulled out, game never taking more than a half a minute or so to offer another.

queued as a pair w/ my friend, it's taking the full 45 minutes for us

also :lol: it doesn't even make a noise when you match or push a mobile event, so gently caress you if you decide to get up for a piss

e: lmao you have 30 seconds to respond to a prompt and if it's a group of 3 you just sit there continuing to matchmake as the game tries to find another straggler, hoo boy this is sloppy

Emalde fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Oct 1, 2017

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Opinions on the best pvp fusion rifle?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Menstrual Show posted:

Heard a lot of good buzz about Shock and Awe, got one, think it's pretty good. I like the Merciless too but I dunno if it's worth giving up the Exotic for.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Main Ingredient's been getting a lot of use, don't have one myself, wish I did. Shock and Awe does the job, though.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Menstrual Show posted:

I was using Shock and Awe for a while because of its impact, but honestly I'm getting better results out of Main Ingredient due to the vertical recoil pattern. It's easy to land enough bolts to fry a dude, so the charge time/impact is perfect, even for shutting down supers.

ankle
Oct 30, 2010

If anyone wants to run the raid tomorrow at 4 PM EST, I'm rolling with some IRL friends (a few are also goons). We've been doing it as 5 and almost managed to do the gauntlet, so we've been doing OK, but having a 6th would be great. It's all of our first time in the raid except for having a bad experience with the dog room last week. It's a very chill group so if you're chill you'll fit right in.

If anyone is interested, just hit me up with a PM or add me on PSN: bilgebarf

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

mikeraskol posted:

Yeah, from the post-game questline completion on Io.

Hey does this quest line lead to an exotic anywhere? I didn't get the usual exotic quest doodad so wasn't sure.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I got the Trials sniper from my clan engram. It sounds like a beefy laser gun.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Hey does this quest line lead to an exotic anywhere? I didn't get the usual exotic quest doodad so wasn't sure.

No, just the linear fusion rifle

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Mill Village posted:

I got the Trials sniper from my clan engram. It sounds like a beefy laser gun.

I enjoy that one. I don't like snipers, but I'll make an exception.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Menstrual Show posted:

I really like cartesian coordinate. Mainly, it has a tight spread and fires very quickly. So it works well as a quickdraw quick fire PVP fusion rifle. Some of the other fusion rifles take too long to charge so if it misses a single bolt you're dead. Cartesian coordinate, if you miss a bolt it fires quick enough to get a second shot off before you die.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Blind Rasputin posted:

I really like cartesian coordinate. Mainly, it has a tight spread and fires very quickly. So it works well as a quickdraw quick fire PVP fusion rifle. Some of the other fusion rifles take too long to charge so if it misses a single bolt you're dead. Cartesian coordinate, if you miss a bolt it fires quick enough to get a second shot off before you die.

This is the wrong way to think about fusion rifles in PvP. You should approach them as one-hit kill weapons and optimize around that. When you fail to kill in one shot, your instinct should not be to begin a second charge. Instead, you should reflexively switch to your primary and finish the job.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

nauggins
Jun 26, 2009

it's big money postin' baby boy
Probably a dumb gripe but after 30 engrams Lakshmi has given me pretty much nothing but True Prophecies, boots, and some sniper rifle over and over since this faction rally poo poo started. I guess on the plus side I have a bunch of FWC shaders but god drat it feels bad cause alls I want is the sweet NASCAR space wizard jacket.

E: complaining worked, thanks Lakshmi~~~

nauggins fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Oct 1, 2017

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Man, that was... unexpected. Aside from the waiting (which features a timeout, because gently caress you) the Guided Games thing went great. Two super chill guys pulse grenading to victory while laughing about how absurd it was. It was the polar opposite of my expectations and that's pretty awesome. Sat around talking after the run and they said all the ones they've hosted have been perfectly capable players since the initial beta period. Good times!

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Gold and white looks good when is used with rhyme and reason. Applying it to everything cheaps it. Not all your weapons need to be gold plated.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Tei posted:

Not all your weapons need to be gold plated.

:wrong:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Tei posted:

Not all your weapons need to be gold plated.

Agreed! Sometimes you just want to stay on brand...

Or you need to remind all the conformists that life is pain...

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

One of the guys on redeem did a three man gauntlet (uh)

It's not on youtube yet, but when I saw it on twitch they would have two people be runners, but they didn't do it in the typical way as he would never be able to cover the points on opposite sides and the psions at the same time by himself. Instead, they somehow had it setup so that just one runner went forward, then met up with the second runner (this person would purposely not going through the first wall, but would still have time to get the second), and then those two went through the remaining walls together - that means the person on the inside only needed to do one spot instead of two. It still took like five hours but pretty cool.

edit - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/178884241

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Am I using the karstein gauntlets wrong, or do they not do health regen in crucible?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

actionjackson posted:

One of the guys on redeem did a three man gauntlet (uh)

It's not on youtube yet, but when I saw it on twitch they would have two people be runners, but they didn't do it in the typical way as he would never be able to cover the points on opposite sides and the psions at the same time by himself. Instead, they somehow had it setup so that just one runner went forward, then met up with the second runner (this person would purposely not going through the first wall, but would still have time to get the second), and then those two went through the remaining walls together - that means the person on the inside only needed to do one spot instead of two. It still took like five hours but pretty cool.

edit - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/178884241

Me, a normal Destiny player: *has sex with another person, maybe two or more at once sometimes*

Extreme Twitch destiny Streamer: "You think that's impressive? Watch this!!" *jerks himself off to orgasm with no one else helping*

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Can you just not do the Taken Blight PR solo? I can't seem to kill the three different blight points fast enough, especially when enemies start to become heroic while still invincible. The integrity didn't hit zero and it said we won anyway so whatever I guess.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Heroic events weren't meant to be done solo hth

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Me, a normal Destiny player: *has sex with another person, maybe two or more at once sometimes*

Extreme Twitch destiny Streamer: "You think that's impressive? Watch this!!" *jerks himself off to orgasm with no one else helping*

I mean in all fairness, other people won't grip it optimally

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

I was in the same situation waiting for an event but instead I sat on the tip and didn't gif it

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Is that how you activate the heroic and not just win?

e: So is it "shoot taken" to activate the heroic and "shoot blight spheres only" to do it normally? Because why would I NOT shoot the things killing me?

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Oct 1, 2017

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Menstrual Show posted:

Shock and Awe if you're an old hand at Fusion Rifles and are good at controlling recoil and managing its Plan C-esque perk, Main Ingredient otherwise

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Heroic events weren't meant to be done solo.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

goddammit I laughed hard

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Mailer posted:

Or you need to remind all the conformists that life is pain...

I think I fought that robot in Metal Gear.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Well the Tractor Cannon sounds hilarious in pvp.

e: I've gotten the same fusion rifle four times and the same scout rifle four times from Lakshmi. gently caress you Lakshmi.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Oct 1, 2017

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I was in the same situation waiting for an event but instead I sat on the tip and didn't gif it

You sat on just the tip. What a tease. Did you at least eat that rear end?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

RBA Starblade posted:

Is that how you activate the heroic and not just win?

e: So is it "shoot taken" to activate the heroic and "shoot blight spheres only" to do it normally? Because why would I NOT shoot the things killing me?

No it's destroy the blight thunderdomes that spawn to do the event regularly

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

I'm pretty sure killing anything there counts as doing the event normally which is why it's such a pain in the rear end to flip to heroic. People force the blight to move just by killing the things shooting them.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I got an Adjudicator (trials SMG?) from a welfare engram. It seems pretty good. What makes Antiope better?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Then maybe bungie should fix their hidden matchmaking so you don't get stuck in an instance all by yourself 75% of the time.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

cvnvcnv posted:

Ishtar Commander updated :toot:

Yep and it owns just as much as it did for D1.

So glad its back

yay my first D2 colat!

https://i.imgur.com/LwWUlva.gifv

Shame i stuffed that second shot

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Oct 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
So I just unlocked trials of the nine, what’s this spire thing? Do I care since I’m not hugely into PvP, I just do it to clear any milestones.
Also is there a Bone raid crew?
Also also, is there a good list what turns public events to Heroic? The only one I know is the glimmer drill in the EDZ.

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Oct 1, 2017