Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
tbh i still download whatever lovely old versions of WinAmp Classic exist to play mp3s

I mean how else am I gonna keep using all the Mario skins I downloaded back in 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Went to a production of Watch on the Rhine tonight. Was pretty cool to see a nazi get the poo poo kicked outta him on stage.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Squizzle posted:

good night, goons

good night, moon

good night, light and the red balloon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2vwBU-1mm4

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Oxxidation posted:

also 11/22/63 was a garbage book

I thought the butcher using an honest to god time portal as a way to get cheap meat to sell in the future was funny.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

It's not like king is the only author to write about inappropriately sexualized children, ever read enders game?

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
https://www.google.com/amp/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_57f8f457e4b068ecb5decba1/amp

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cumshitter posted:

10 year old cumshitter: i got my macarena cassingle, a 12 pack of dew, and an entire loving saturday night to destory the lufia 2 super dungeon. lets do this poo poo

Dale a tu cuerpo alegria Macarena
Que tu cuerpo es pa' darle alegria y cosa buena
Dale a tu cuerpo alegria, Macarena
Hey Macarena

True story my Elementary School principal actually had all of us get out on the lawn in various groups over the course of a day so that he could repeatedly teach groups of elementary school children how to dance the Macarena

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

It's not like king is the only author to write about inappropriately sexualized children, ever read enders game?

I liked this post better when it said Enders Gang because Ender's lust for dick-kicking would've made a lot more sense if he'd been a gang member.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GrimGypsy posted:

Didn't CHIP expire or something today? Basically condemning like a gazillion children to death?

lol trump distracted everyone by yelling at puerto rico

What is chips besides that cop show with Erik Estrada

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
extremely vpotus mike horsefuckee pence voice]: Planned Parenthood provides maps of unmonitored sewers to groups of children, and must be defunded destroyed

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wolfsheim posted:

tbh i still download whatever lovely old versions of WinAmp Classic exist to play mp3s

I mean how else am I gonna keep using all the Mario skins I downloaded back in 2002

I still use Winamp because why would I change from Winamp when it still does everything I wanted to do? Wait hold on a second have I become old? What are the cool kids using nowadays to listen to music, is it the marijuana's?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzWYUomBpwg

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

crazy cloud posted:

extremely vpotus mike horsefuckee pence voice]: Planned Parenthood provides maps of unmonitored sewers to groups of children, and must be defunded destroyed

And now suddenly very concerned that my posts have been quoted by balugan

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Squizzle posted:

good night, goons

good night, moon

good night, light and the red balloon

did you ever notice how you never say good night to the telephone?

she knew. she knew they were listening.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Addamere posted:

I still use Winamp because why would I change from Winamp when it still does everything I wanted to do? Wait hold on a second have I become old? What are the cool kids using nowadays to listen to music, is it the marijuana's?

it's all hte same just different ways to interpret the same input files

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HEY NONG MAN posted:

did you ever notice how you never say good night to the telephone?

she knew. she knew they were listening.

I really like creepy stories that aren't immediately evident what the creepy thing is so you know please keep going

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My favorite mind click that was something that I thought up one day when I was in elementary school which is the concept of having your memory altered without recognizing it and the question that came into my mind is really hard to actually articulate in any way that makes sense but here goes anyway the question is I know it's always been like that but had it always been like that yesterday? And the thing that originally made me think of that was the house on a corner of a cul-de-sac that had presumably been there like forever ever since I was a kid but like I actively noticed it one day for I guess the first time I was like I never really noticed that house there what if it wasn't always there and I'm just assuming it was done done done done

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
in retrospect one of my buddies growing up was probably on the spectrum because he didnt like playing video games but he totally loved watching me lay rpgs like super mario rpg. i would fight bosses and he would consult the game guide i had and after every attack he would shout, "732 out of 800 hp!" and tell me what their weakness was and we would high five whenever i beat a boss.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Addamere posted:

The cool ones? Foobar2k, which is still under active development but holding steady at 3mb with all the encoders.

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

GrimGypsy posted:

Didn't CHIP expire or something today? Basically condemning like a gazillion children to death?

Holy poo poo it did lol

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

i also stopped accumulating new music shortly after all the big :filez: sites went away so my mp3 collection basically stops around 2010 and now i just listen to pandora or make youtube playlists

still holds up tho

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

cumshitter posted:

in retrospect one of my buddies growing up was probably on the spectrum because he didnt like playing video games but he totally loved watching me lay rpgs like super mario rpg. i would fight bosses and he would consult the game guide i had and after every attack he would shout, "732 out of 800 hp!" and tell me what their weakness was and we would high five whenever i beat a boss.

lol you made friends with your graphing calculator

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Jeb(!) Can Fix It!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

pushpins posted:

Holy poo poo it did lol

trump

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cumshitter posted:

I think the truest test that I ever found as to whether or not a kid with a weird kid was if he did not lean to the side or try to physically turn the controller or otherwise attempt to influence his video game character especially in a racing game by the physical manipulation of himself and his environment because all the normal kids I know when they were trying to pull a tight turn in Wave Race or whatever would be like nearly horizontal leaning on the floor and turning the controller nearly vertical but there is this one really weird kid who didn't

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

GrimGypsy posted:

Those children were no angels.... I'll bet they didn't even vote for Trump!

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

so I guess the rwm response to puerto rico is that they're commies now

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kaleedity posted:

Maybe they were commies all along

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

lol you made friends with your graphing calculator

sh-sh-sh-shut up!

Addamere posted:

I think the truest test that I ever found as to whether or not a kid with a weird kid was if he did not lean to the side or try to physically turn the controller or otherwise attempt to influence his video game character especially in a racing game by the physical manipulation of himself and his environment because all the normal kids I know when they were trying to pull a tight turn in Wave Race or whatever would be like nearly horizontal leaning on the floor and turning the controller nearly vertical but there is this one really weird kid who didn't

gently caress yeah thats how you play

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

kaleedity posted:

hahah cuba gon lead the next october revolution :getin:

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Salt Fish posted:

Those children were no angels.... I'll bet they didn't even vote for Trump!

Also, although they weren't angels they're about to be.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTfQW_nA1s8&t=604s

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Salt Fish posted:

Also, although they weren't angels they're about to be.

Please do not set the children on fire or glue extraneous eyes or wings to them in an effort to turn them into angels that does not work humans and angels are two different species read your Old Testament God

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

cumshitter posted:

nah some people just like to fill different roles on the team. he probably couldn't deal with the pressure of whatever was required to beat the boss, but he want to be helpful somehow so he shouted out stats and got you drinks of water and whatever.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

GrimGypsy posted:

owned

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
On second thought perhaps just as a general rule avoid setting children on fire or glue and things to them without their consent

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Please...

Please clap...

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

wasn't this just kavinsky attempting to start a rumor that would gain enough traction that they'd acquiesce to the fans or something

not that it wouldn't have been cool or w/e

ed balls was also in GTAV but only showed up if you 100% it

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
On third thought children can be pretty stupid so even if they do consent just avoid setting children on fire. The same should be true for people in general I think unless you are in an oddly specific situation where you're like a magician's assistant or something and it's your job to pretend to set him on fire but even if that is the case only pretend to set him on fire as part of the trick don't actually set him on fire because and this is true most people don't know this sitting someone on fire tends to hurt them and may be grounds for criminal charges

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Addamere posted:

for me it was kids who called it "mare-ee-oh brothers".

i just wrote those kids off the same way i did with the kids who said "fudge-icle". it's fudge-sicle you goddamn idiot.

• Locked thread