Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I don't care who Roppongi 3K are from as long as the 3K is a signifier that they are actually from the year 3000 and they wear those sunglasses where the lens is one continuous piece of glass and wear futuristic clothes with tubes and stuff and their theme music is the RPG Vice theme but synthwave and also they are announced as being from Neo-Tokyo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Baron Corbyn posted:

I don't care who Roppongi 3K are from as long as the 3K is a signifier that they are actually from the year 3000 and they wear those sunglasses where the lens is one continuous piece of glass and wear futuristic clothes with tubes and stuff and their theme music is the RPG Vice theme but synthwave and also they are announced as being from Neo-Tokyo.

Someone at DDT just got the biggest boner... besides Dino.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

RealFoxy posted:

he was NJPW's Roman Reigns and now he's probably #2 in the company

Going from being the beloved Ace of New Japan to the number two guy in the company sounds like a step down to me.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/RevProUK/status/912683749715914752

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Oh man that match gonna be awesome

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I've seen unsubstantiated reddit reports are that Roppongi 3k are indeed Sho and Yo. Some guy's brother who served them at a restaurant last night confirmed that they're returning to Japan today.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

shiksa posted:

that would be cool as hell.

im finishing up destruction at kobe and i just realized i LOVE okada's music now. i used to really dislike it, and i wasn't really into okada, and i thought the music was a little much, like, calm down moneyfucker. now it gets me so hyped when i hear it.

Whenever it first hit during his undefeated run in the first two thirds of the G1, I would just instinctively think "oh you're so hosed" about his opponent. He just owns the building whenever he comes out these days

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Please link me to the kickstarter raising money to send flowers and condolences to all the Japanese women Juice slept with. :rip:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

It's actually the Briscoes doing a Birth Of A Nation gimmick

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Anyone got the Destruction in Kobe snowflakes?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

KoldPT posted:

Anyone got the Destruction in Kobe snowflakes?

Tenzan/Kawato vs Monster Rage (Oka/Kitamura): 0.75

Funky Future/Makabe/Liger/Tiger Mask IV vs Iizuka/Suzuki-Gun Juniors: 2.5

Goto/YOSHI-HASHI vs Owens/Fale: 2.25

Berretta vs Yujiro: 3.5

IWGP Tag Titles: G.o.D. vs K.E.S vs War Machine: 4.0

Tanahashi/Elgin vs Ibushi/Finlay: 3.5

Ishii/Romero/Yano vs Naito/SANADA/BUSHI: 3.25

Okada/Ospreay vs EVIL/Hiromu: 3.5

IWGP US Title: Kenny Omega vs Juice Robinson: 4.5

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Ayumi Nakamura being stoked that "Kaze Ni Nare" got the same sort of pop when Suzuki showed up in the US as it always gets in Japan is delightful.

https://twitter.com/ayumi_nakamura/status/912553082340311040

"This is amazing!! My manager Bambi cried when she watched this!!! It's just too moving!!! Thanks so much to the person who filmed this! What a wonderful gift!"

Suzuki's right there in her mentions with "American fans kept asking, 'who made that great song?' They actually know what 'kaze ni nare' means, too."

Johnny Landmine fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Sep 28, 2017

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009

Incessant Excess posted:

IWGP US Title: Kenny Omega vs Juice Robinson: 4.5

The Juice push blows my goddamn mind. When he first went to NJPW, I was kind of like 'good luck with that, buddy' because he didn't seem to have anything - just that terrible CJ Parker run. Now, he's in the ring with Kenny Omega getting a Japanese crowd seriously invested in him winning a main event US title match. The growth is nuts.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yelling at Minoru Suzuki to become the wind is going on my bucket list.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Needs More Jazz posted:

The Juice push blows my goddamn mind. When he first went to NJPW, I was kind of like 'good luck with that, buddy' because he didn't seem to have anything - just that terrible CJ Parker run. Now, he's in the ring with Kenny Omega getting a Japanese crowd seriously invested in him winning a main event US title match. The growth is nuts.

It's just a shame Omega murdered him in that match and now he's dead just as things were looking up for him :(

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Juice go to CMLL.

Elgin too.

Hell Izuka can come too so I can see some horrible Puebla matches.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I dunno I think I'd love a Rudo Elgin run through New Japan first

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's only a matter of time before they give Juice a title run, right? It's just figuring out which belt he gets, really. I suppose the US title makes the most sense, and if Kenny were to drop it so he could get a world title run, Juice wouldn't be a bad call to try and keep it relevant.

Johnny Landmine posted:

Ayumi Nakamura being stoked that "Kaze Ni Nare" got the same sort of pop when Suzuki showed up in the US as it always gets in Japan is delightful.

https://twitter.com/ayumi_nakamura/status/912553082340311040

"This is amazing!! My manager Bambi cried when she watched this!!! It's just too moving!!! Thanks so much to the person who filmed this! What a wonderful gift!"

Suzuki's right there in her mentions with "American fans kept asking, 'who made that great song?' They actually know what 'kaze ni nare' means, too."

How can we not when Kelly basically says it every time Suzuki comes out?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Juice go to CMLL.

Elgin too.

Hell Izuka can come too so I can see some horrible Puebla matches.

The question isn't what Iizuka would have in Puebla that would be terrible.

The question is what Iizuka match in Puebla would be most terrible.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Iizuka running wild for his intro only to face Policeman sounds like it'd be the best worst match ever

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Monster Rage is an s-tier tag team name

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

How can we not when Kelly basically says it every time Suzuki comes out?

Because after listening to Kevin Kelly commentate once, most of us decide to never use the English commentary again.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

It's only a matter of time before they give Juice a title run, right? It's just figuring out which belt he gets, really. I suppose the US title makes the most sense, and if Kenny were to drop it so he could get a world title run, Juice wouldn't be a bad call to try and keep it relevant.

It wouldn't shock me if Tana and Juice win the WTL this year after Tana drops the IC to Ibushi at Power Struggle.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Is the theory that Kenny/Ibushi at WK is going to be title-for-title, then?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

Is the theory that Kenny/Ibushi at WK is going to be title-for-title, then?

I don't have a read on where they're going with the US but I do think they'd want to give Ibushi a signature win heading into WK and Tana doesn't really have a signature singles match being built for the Dome.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I don't see why they would do a champ vs champ match and don't see what the benefit would be for either competitor in that scenario. Then, if Ibushi wins the IC, you would have to have Kenny drop the US title before WK. Then there's the issue of the winner. Kenny winning and "upgrading" to the IC doesn't accomplish much besides shuffling around belts for no real benefit and making Ibushi's reign look like a fluke. If Ibushi retains then Kenny looks weaker than ever, just months after he finally slew his dragon by beating Okada. Outside of the latter being the catalyst for the long-rumored Bullet Club/Elite split, I don't see any winners come out of such a scenario.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Kota doesn't need a belt and I don't see NJPW giving him one as long as he wants to stay freelance

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, I could maybe see Tana vs, like, EVIL, ZSJ or Juice for the IC, Ibushi challenges for the US and I dunno, Ishii or BIG MIKE for the NEVER?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Thauros posted:

I don't have a read on where they're going with the US but I do think they'd want to give Ibushi a signature win heading into WK and Tana doesn't really have a signature singles match being built for the Dome.

suzuki?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
It's there any reason in particular that KoPW is on Monday and not Saturday or Sunday?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Because NJPW wanted to give me a birthday present! :v:

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Canadian Thanksgiving!

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

King of Pro-Wrestling always falls on Sports Day in Japan, because it's a guaranteed day off for most people.

It's also why the Dome show is always on the 4th, it's the last day off of the New Year's break for most people.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Yep, the Monday is a national holiday in Japan so it's a guaranteed three-day weekend.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

harperdc posted:

Yep, the Monday is a national holiday in Japan so it's a guaranteed three-day weekend.

There's a Dan Gurney gang, finally these forums are good again.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I just found out r/ishii is a thing.
Made my day brighter.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

finally some like minded wrestle fans

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

It's heartening to see good wrestling taste flourishes in these other corners of the internet

(for a limited value of "flourish")

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Hardest worker in the ring, hardest worker in the classroom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Stone Pitbull works hard, Stone Pitbull plays hard. Unlike other, non-stone Pitbulls who only claim to do either.

• Locked thread