Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Oh wow that thing just told me I have a div card worth over 200c.

Currency Cop is worth its weight in chaos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

it doesnt have a weight though

also I don't know why, but I'm endlessly amused by the fact that chaos orbs are listed in currency cop as being worth... one chaos orb.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Idly setting it to look at my standard stash....

Are old-style tropical island maps really worth like 12ex or is it just that someone has one somewhere with a ridiculous buyout that nobody will ever pay? How do you search for those anyway, poe.trade doesn't seem to have an option for "item is prehistoric"?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Qwertycoatl posted:

Are old-style tropical island maps really worth like 12ex or is it just that someone has one somewhere with a ridiculous buyout that nobody will ever pay? How do you search for those anyway, poe.trade doesn't seem to have an option for "item is prehistoric"?

it's this

and I guess poe uses a forums post? items there are the actual items idk tho

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Qwertycoatl posted:

12 ex is nothing in standard and its a collectors item.

10bux
Sep 10, 2008
Almost had a heart attack thinking I hit my dream gloves, but then I saw the accuracy :(

still might exalt them, but been thinking I'd rather have high accuracy and crafted attack speed (if i have to).

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Time to slam that annul orb.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

well if I ever want to play standard at least I can cash in on my stash tab full of old rear end maps I guess.

Found my 3rd ever unique strongbox (Ashes of the Condemned) and still didn't even think to use Engineer's orbs on it, did luck into my first Belly of the Beast tho, seems like they've dropped a lot now, bunch of em up for 20-30c.

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

That's 10$ for the spinefund.
How much chaos /hour do you make from doing uber lab runs on a dedicated character?

It seems like you can make 300-400 chaos / hour running a shaped atlas for a high tier map with good div cards drops, using a fast clearing build, with 40-60% Item quantity from gear and full sextants.

..btt
Mar 26, 2008
Lab running tends to be more profitable early in a league, but yeah, if you can quickly and reliably run higher end content obviously that's going to make way more money on average.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
And here are the uniques coming to 3.0.2

Dat robe :stare:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

the robe doesn't look particularly good.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
That robe looks like a lot of DPS for a caster. Get all red sockets, then corrupt it to try for the +1 gems implicit. Too bad it doesn't come fully linked like tabula or skin.

Also yeah it's got no defenses.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Why doesn't it have an effect for white socketS? :argh:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

J posted:

Why doesn't it have an effect for white socketS? :argh:

i wouldn't be surprised if white sockets get all 3 effects or something.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

putting a gem in a white socket will cause a crash

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

McFrugal posted:

That robe looks like a lot of DPS for a caster. Get all red sockets, then corrupt it to try for the +1 gems implicit. Too bad it doesn't come fully linked like tabula or skin.

Also yeah it's got no defenses.

Skin of the Loyal already does that (and is automatically 6led) and a +3 staff is probably better in those scenarios.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
The real answer is to put empowers/enlightens in a 6 blue socket chest while you use a bringer of rain

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Kild posted:

Skin of the Loyal already does that (and is automatically 6led) and a +3 staff is probably better in those scenarios.

...poo poo you're right. When would you ever use this thing instead of a Skin of the Loyal? ...I suppose it might be easier to get all red sockets than it would be to get the socket colors you want on the skin? You'd also have to six link it though.

Maybe it'd be better to use it in a situation where you want +10 quality more than +1 gem level for certain gems.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Oct 1, 2017

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I had a terrible idea I'm not paying 1000 bucks to get implemented.

Dialla's Actual Spine
Support gems in this item apply to every Skill Gem you have equipped in your character
+100% Global Mana Cost for each socketed gem
-75 Life for each Red Socket
-10% Move Speed for each Green Socket
-3% Max Resists for each Blue Socket
Blood Magic

Cheesy Flavor Text: "There must always be a Gemling Queen"

Elentor fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 2, 2017

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
The quality part is really neat. A lot of support gems will benefit way more from 10% quality than any number of levels.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Elentor posted:

I had a terrible idea I'm not paying 1000 bucks to get implemented.

Dialla's Actual Spine
Support gems in this item apply to every Skill Gem you have equipped in your character
+100% Global Mana Cost for each socketed gem
-75 Life for each Red Socket
-10% Move Speed for each Green Socket
-3% Max Resists for each Blue Socket
Blood Magic

I think an unset ring/amulet that counted as linked to some other piece or pieces of gear would be pretty sweet.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

George posted:

The quality part is really neat. A lot of support gems will benefit way more from 10% quality than any number of levels.
10% quality for most support gems is only 5% increased damage.

Kild fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Oct 2, 2017

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
My first Uber Atziri run ever, used up all my portals but got the kill!

:negative:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

:rip:

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I want something like:

Unique Unset Ring
"Active Skill Gems socketed in this item are supported by support skills socketed in your Body Armour"
"Socketed Active Sill Gems deal 35% less damage with hits and ailments"
"Socketed Active Skill Gems have 100% increased mana cost"

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Oct 2, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Ixjuvin posted:

My first Uber Atziri run ever, used up all my portals but got the kill!

:negative:

Congrats on not destroying your computer

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

interrodactyl posted:

The real answer is to put empowers/enlightens in a 6 blue socket chest while you use a bringer of rain

This is the correct answer of how to best use that chest, you use a bringer of rain and use the chest to level six extra blue gems like wrath or added lightning to sell.

Every level 21 wrath you level is another exalted, every 20/21 added lightning is another 2.5

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Oct 2, 2017

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Is there a concensus best Dark Pact Berserker build? I'm reading through all the poebuilds options but am having trouble discerning what may be optimal. I am leaning toward the void battery option since that seems pretty tight. Assume cost is no issue.

dis astranagant posted:

I haven't seen a crit dark pact that didn't look lovely. Dual Apep's Rage does similar dps while allowing you to take a lot more life. A version that lets you use shield charge would make you a lot more durable due to having fortify up but probably won't have as good dps.

I'm with dis astranagant, I've had trouble putting together a crit build that wasn't underwhelming. On the other hand there are plenty of variations I haven't seen or tried, and it's probably a matter of personal preference anyway.

I got to level 90 and cleared all maps to tier 15 building around dual apep's and a skin of the loyal, it's not optimal but it's relatively cheap. I got my SotL for 120 chaos a while ago, but apparently now they're around 3-4 exalts. Still cheaper than belly of the beast.

Guardians and shaper are probably doable with further gear investments or more levels, I just keep rolling new characters and spending currency on them instead. Switching to a 6L pledge of hands and kaom's heart would give a bit more dps and a lot more life, but it's not exactly cheap either.

ubachung fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Oct 2, 2017

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

This is the correct answer of how to best use that chest, you use a bringer of rain and use the chest to level six extra blue gems like wrath or added lightning to sell.

Every level 21 wrath you level is another exalted, every 20/21 added lightning is another 2.5

The gems don't have to be blue. Every socket behaves like it's white, the color merely determines what bonus the gem gets.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

I'm leveling a summoner and was wondering why spectre's get a bad rap on here. I'm only in my 30's, but they pretty much seem in line with zombies right now. They are also permanent which gives them a leg up on skeletons. I dont even bother with skeletons most of the time anymore and use Vaal skeletons for bosses.

I really like animate guardian. Playing dress ups with him is the best. :3:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

McFrugal posted:

The gems don't have to be blue. Every socket behaves like it's white, the color merely determines what bonus the gem gets.

Blue sockets get the XP boost though.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

NofrikinfuN posted:

I'm leveling a summoner and was wondering why spectre's get a bad rap on here. I'm only in my 30's, but they pretty much seem in line with zombies right now. They are also permanent which gives them a leg up on skeletons. I dont even bother with skeletons most of the time anymore and use Vaal skeletons for bosses.

at high levels you want to summon specific ones which is annoying because you have to open a map that has them or some other such nonsense every single time you log in or get disconnected.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

NofrikinfuN posted:

getting a specific spectre is irritating unless they're obtainable through a map mod. popular spectre builds tend to revolve around easy to obtain spectres like the elemental ribbon sentinels

but when you have the right spectres it can be pretty powerful

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

whypick1 posted:

Blue sockets get the XP boost though.

you can have them blue and put red gems in it.

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

Awesome! posted:

at high levels you want to summon specific ones which is annoying because you have to open a map that has them or some other such nonsense every single time you log in or get disconnected.

To elaborate on this - I'm playing spectres/zombie at level 89 now, and usually make one of these chars every league - you have to rely on what may or may not be a bug to get high enough level spectres to do anything beyond T11 maps reliably if you're using them as your primary damage source. This entails going to the story zone to get your spectre (Lunaris Temple for me, Solar Guards) to get them into your desecrate table, then praying to Jesus that you can summon the corpses when you go into a map. I think my record is 8 maps before the trick worked. It also seems to bring in everything else from the zone your spectre is from so it can take 5-10 desecrates before you see a corpse like usual.

Once you get them summoned, they're quite strong, but as mentioned if you get disconnected then you get to do the process all over again. It's definitely not a build for the impatient, but I've got an incurable addiction to this type of summoning build, so I put up with it anyway. I'm still holding out hope that they change it so the summoned monster level scales on the Raise Spectre gem level, or on the desecrate gem level, instead of the zone, but I also half expect them to patch out the "bug" and then rip spectre builds.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

ubachung posted:

I'm with dis astranagant, I've had trouble putting together a crit build that wasn't underwhelming. On the other hand there are plenty of variations I haven't seen or tried, and it's probably a matter of personal preference anyway.

I got to level 90 and cleared all maps to tier 15 building around dual apep's and a skin of the loyal, it's not optimal but it's relatively cheap. I got my SotL for 120 chaos a while ago, but apparently now they're around 3-4 exalts. Still cheaper than belly of the beast.

Guardians and shaper are probably doable with further gear investments or more levels, I just keep rolling new characters and spending currency on them instead. Switching to a 6L pledge of hands and kaom's heart would give a bit more dps and a lot more life, but it's not exactly cheap either.

Thanks for input. I ended up rolling a wild strike marauder instead. I hate the targeted attacks but its real powerful when rolling with a good mix of clear speed and single target.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I went with a wildstrike marauder for my first real character on the league myself, it's surprisingly strong at clearing screens without support investment to do so, but like you said, namelock attacks feel awful to use, made for a good boss killer and currency gatherer at least since it could do red maps in a tabula.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Also like any melee berserker sometimes you have a small gap of time in the scrum where you arent killing something and get got. Proximity shields can ruin your day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

My only regret so far as a summoner is that I cant chose roles for the summons. If I could alter their behavior so that the golem and guardian stayed close to me, the spectres and zombies charged anything that moved and the skeletons held areas near where I placed them, I would feel a lot more in control.

Pulling them to my location works in a pinch, I guess. It still seems like a really strong class, even without being able to manage your summons.