Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Pollyanna posted:

I know :( I have a very poor relationship with alcohol and using it to self-medicate for anxiety...I swear I'll get better about it. I will. I am.

by poor relationship do you mean that you're an alcoholic?

call it what it is bub you're an alcoholic and you will not get better without outside help.

so go join AA and stop tiptoeing round the issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

1st law of detrumpificatiion: 2 men enter the trumpdome 1 man leaves

bust a deal, face absolutely zero consequences

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

TMMadman posted:

If it was the Donut Vault truck, then you definitely should have gotten donuts from them.

They are delicious.

Firecakes is also really good.

Here is a pic of my last order from Firecakes. The chocolate donuts are regular donut size.

EDIT: Ohhhhh poo poo, I've had Doughnut Vault. Their old-fashioned donuts are kickass.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

I know :( I have a very poor relationship with alcohol and using it to self-medicate for anxiety...I swear I'll get better about it. I will. I am.

on the other hand poo poo happens in life and if a company won't reschedule an interview without being super passive aggressive about it this indicates that they probably don't respect their employees' needs all that much anyway tbh

like yeah drink less but don't feel so bad, you might well have dodged a bullet by not getting the job

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Chokes McGee posted:

let me stop you right there

I don't have high hopes for human civilization at this point but I still think we're capable of constructing an artificial intelligence that is smart enough to figure out its own problems and will one day become a pretty cool AI race for some other galactic civilization's sci-fi setting.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

YOU A loving HAT posted:

by poor relationship do you mean that you're an alcoholic?

call it what it is bub you're an alcoholic and you will not get better without outside help.

so go join AA and stop tiptoeing round the issue

C-SPAM and especially nite crew is like the absolute worst enablers for anyone with any sort of addiction

given I'm a dry drunk some days I wonder how I'm not going through a bottle of Jack every night

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Computer, show me old fat bitch twee-

Computer, shut down please

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

MariusLecter posted:

Nitecrew tv should screen Pan's Labyrinth

Seems like the Captain Vidal has won in the end

Then prediction: Trump supports Spanish Fascism bigly before the day is done

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

PostNouveau posted:

video games

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Jazerus posted:

on the other hand poo poo happens in life and if a company won't reschedule an interview without being super passive aggressive about it this indicates that they probably don't respect their employees' needs all that much anyway tbh

like yeah drink less but don't feel so bad, you might well have dodged a bullet by not getting the job

yeah i mean if you think about it, drinking so heavily you can't make it to a job interview was a GOOD thing

I mean if you really think about it

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

YOU A loving HAT posted:

yeah i mean if you think about it, drinking so heavily you can't make it to a job interview was a GOOD thing

I mean if you really think about it

that's not what i meant yafh

silver linings in dark alcoholic clouds & all

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

exquisite tea posted:

I don't have high hopes for human civilization at this point but I still think we're capable of constructing an artificial intelligence that is smart enough to figure out its own problems

why would you possibly think that

the only ai humanity's capable of producing would be a composite clone of elon musk and peter theil's brains filtered through pepe twitter

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Chokes McGee posted:

C-SPAM and especially nite crew is like the absolute worst enablers for anyone with any sort of addiction

given I'm a dry drunk some days I wonder how I'm not going through a bottle of Jack every night

p much yeah

stay outta nitecrew if you tryin to go dry

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

TMMadman posted:

If it was the Donut Vault truck, then you definitely should have gotten donuts from them.

They are delicious.

Update: @Properties is doing some promotion thing. Get your photo taken and you get a free doughnut and coffee. They're just south of Damen & Cortland.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

exquisite tea posted:

I don't have high hopes for human civilization at this point but I still think we're capable of constructing an artificial intelligence that is smart enough to figure out its own problems and will one day become a pretty cool AI race for some other galactic civilization's sci-fi setting.

I love how the first thing everyone assumes AI will do is call humans obsolete/a threat and immediately wipe them out

I mean, it's just as possible they'll realize humanity will destroy itself and go :shrug: and focus on enriching the Robotic-American community or whatever

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Turians are the worst alien design in ME. Why do they have 4 jaws? They're so ugly.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Pollyanna posted:

will. I am.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

YOU A loving HAT posted:

p much yeah

stay outta nitecrew if you tryin to go dry

Yes the best way to handle addiction is to go into the addiction thread in TCC, just please do not let yourself be distracted on the way by the hundreds of other threads talking about how much drugs and alcohol own.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
hmm whats more important getting drunk or paying ur bills...

hmm...

hmmmmmmmmmmm...

the answer is getting drunk btw

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Nonsense posted:

Does Portugal have a similar bubbling tension, I'm also not sure how their economy has done relative to Spain?

I think the Azores and Madeira have small separatist groups, but by and large no... Portugal is much more homogeneous than Spain.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/AngryBlackLady/status/914514144040071168

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

deadgoon posted:

hmm whats more important getting drunk or paying ur bills...

hmm...

hmmmmmmmmmmm...

the answer is getting drunk btw

no the answer is paying your bills BY getting drunk

by getting paid to drink

not sure how to pull that off but that would be the best solution

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Pancakes posted:

Update: @Properties is doing some promotion thing. Get your photo taken and you get a free doughnut and coffee. They're just south of Damen & Cortland.

Had to look up where Damen & Cortland is and now you've got me nostalgic for when North Ave was all prostitutes.

gently caress you, Apple store. You uprooted an institution.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

orgs that are extremely rigid during the hiring process are often not great places to work. this is separate from pollyanna needing to dry out

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Chokes McGee posted:

I love how the first thing everyone assumes AI will do is call humans obsolete/a threat and immediately wipe them out

I mean, it's just as possible they'll realize humanity will destroy itself and go :shrug: and focus on enriching the Robotic-American community or whatever

We treat our iphones with more dignity than we treat one another so there's no way an AI would ever see us as a threat.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Chokes McGee posted:

trump :smugdon:

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

YOU A loving HAT posted:

no the answer is paying your bills BY getting drunk

by getting paid to drink

not sure how to pull that off but that would be the best solution

drink at work???????

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Pollyanna posted:

If you aren't already, you should see a therapist. I started a few years back after my engagement collapsed and it's made a huge difference in my life.

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Mayor Dave posted:

The ends were bad

thankfully the ME3 thread was never archived bc I wrote some incredibly long and Not Mad posts about it

ME3 was by far the best in the series up until the ending. It actually felt the entire time like you were fighting a desperate, unwinnable war

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Montasque posted:

I think the Azores and Madeira have small separatist groups, but by and large no... Portugal is much more homogeneous than Spain.

Portugal soccer team is better than Spain's also

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Chokes McGee posted:

:cabot:

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
best way to improve ur relationship with alcohol is to spend more time with it, inside of ur body

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.
should I buy ME: Andromeda? I need an long-term game to play. Ideally an RPG. Burned out on Guild Wars 2

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

exquisite tea posted:

We treat our iphones with more dignity than we treat one another so there's no way an AI would ever see us as a threat.

y o u d b e s u r p r i s e d

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
drink and use responsibly

trump doesn't exactly help with that

but hey, you too can also use trump responsibly by turning the tv and twatter off

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I don't actually want to drink right now or even look at alcohol for the foreseeable future which is strange given that my first instinct when I was nervous about the interview was to drink most of a growler so maybe it is an addiction holy poo poo

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

zeal posted:

why would you possibly think that

the only ai humanity's capable of producing would be a composite clone of elon musk and peter theil's brains filtered through pepe twitter

nah i don't think we have nearly enough understanding to get a result that close to what we wanted

also it'll be a military application

so basically this except with guns and missiles

quote:

Pears Or To Garnestmeam

meats

¼ lb bones or fresh bread; optional
½ cup flour
1 teaspoon vinegar
¼ teaspoon lime juice
2 eggs

Brown salmon in oil. Add creamed meat and another deep mixture.

Discard filets. Discard head and turn into a nonstick spice. Pour 4 eggs onto clean a thin fat to sink halves.

Brush each with roast and refrigerate. Lay tart in deep baking dish in chipec sweet body; cut oof with crosswise and onions. Remove peas and place in a 4-dgg serving. Cover lightly with plastic wrap. Chill in refrigerator until casseroles are tender and ridges done. Serve immediately in sugar may be added 2 handles overginger or with boiling water until very cracker pudding is hot.

Yield: 4 servings

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

zegermans posted:

ME3 was by far the best in the series up until the ending. It actually felt the entire time like you were fighting a desperate, unwinnable war

:hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
yeah gotta be responsible for the few days before the nukes fly, that'll pay off

• Locked thread