Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Scent of Worf posted:

is it just me or did the font just change?

I ctrl+f5'd after seeing that, and yeah, the font is slightly bigger now, it's not just you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Pollyanna posted:

I don't actually want to drink right now or even look at alcohol for the foreseeable future which is strange given that my first instinct when I was nervous about the interview was to drink most of a growler so maybe it is an addiction holy poo poo

Anybody that drinks a growler of sugary alcoholic beverage not expecting to be hung over clearly doesn't know the ways of alcohol very well.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

im so bad at gardening

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

kewl shades timmy!!!

Was getting too famous.

I think chokes McGee made them. Thanks duckie

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Squizzle posted:

my tomato plants also totally overwhelmed their trellises and tipped over, dropping their fruit on the ground where they broke down and seeded successfully and now i have feral tomato plants sprouting up in my yard

you gotta watch out for feral tomatoes they'll gently caress you up

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Squizzle posted:

im so bad at gardening

I would take this as mother nature affirming your gardening skills

oh that was before i read about your sad tomatoes

lol oops

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

man, that tweet from Trump telling Rex to knock off the diplomacy and he'll take care of it is like really disturbing

You know how Trump hates Obama so much he wants to undo everything Obama did and to one-up him on everything else he can't undo?

What if Trump wants his own Bin Laden moment? A strategic assassination or strike on Kim Jong-un that he can parade around as successfully taking down an enemy of America?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
the haters losers and politically motivated ingrates can't help being born hosed up

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
lol I just saw all of pissboys tweets from this morning

holy moly

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Trump is going to straight up say something like

OKAY KIM WE'VE HAD ENOUGH. IT'S TIME FOR WAR BUDDY

on Twitter

and it'll take another 6 weeks for orders to actually get out because Trump won't have talked to anyone about it

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

a tomato bit me bum

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

SKULL.GIF posted:

man, that tweet from Trump telling Rex to knock off the diplomacy and he'll take care of it is like really disturbing

You know how Trump hates Obama so much he wants to undo everything Obama did and to one-up him on everything else he can't undo?

What if Trump wants his own Bin Laden moment? A strategic assassination or strike on Kim Jong-un that he can parade around as successfully taking down an enemy of America?

Then it will happen.

Bing Bing Bing Bong bing

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

Bong

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/newyorker/status/914537919355998208

that's a weird way to spell hillary clinton

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

nicotine is a wonder drug you weirdos who want long fulfilling lives enjoy your pristine lungs in the home while I'm hopefully six feet under from a stroke

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

you see, there's this thing, California Dreamin', I think it's a song? anyway, i thought maybe thatd make a nice template for a name, something of a touchstone, rather than unpronounceable garbage modeled after the mores of the imperial power our ancestors fought to free themselves of

:911:

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiecsun/status/914534899692032001

trolling the chuds into booing prayer is pretty hilarious

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

my grandparents had this huge garden, like im not sure they paid for vegetables most of the year, and when i was a kid id walk over to their house and just grab stuff and eat it right off the plants because that owned

and now im like "the time has come, i need to become a gentleman gardener to answer the call of my blood" and no im incredibly bad at it actually

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Squizzle posted:

my tomato plants also totally overwhelmed their trellises and tipped over, dropping their fruit on the ground where they broke down and seeded successfully and now i have feral tomato plants sprouting up in my yard

life... finds a way

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Squizzle posted:

Check your garden more than once a week op

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Twitter has a live stream of an independence referendum in Barcelona that seems to be a little more peaceful than the poo poo from this morning:

https://twitter.com/i/events/906300977778614274

The vote would probably have been 40/60 with independence failing before, but funny thing about sending the police to crush ballot boxes.....

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
really not looking forward to a nation of 25 million people who don't know what a Big Mac is getting destroyed because our president has a baby dick

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

juche avocado posted:

you see, there's this thing, California Dreamin', I think it's a song? anyway, i thought maybe thatd make a nice template for a name, something of a touchstone, rather than unpronounceable garbage modeled after the mores of the imperial power our ancestors fought to free themselves of

mamma cass choking on a ham sandwich would be a good model for american decadence, consumption, and imperialism.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Ravens PA guy announced before the anthem that the Ravens players and coaches would pray “that we as a nation embrace kindness, unity, equality, and justice for all Americans.”.

As they silently knelt for about ten seconds, the crowd booed them.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

the paradigm shift posted:

nicotine is a wonder drug you weirdos who want long fulfilling lives enjoy your pristine lungs in the home while I'm hopefully six feet under from a stroke

fuckin up my lungs just fine w/o nicotine tyvm

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

A productive Twitter weekend imo

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

And I don't mean 'bots' like "Russian influence bots" or anything. I think that idea is stupid.

But the likes and retweets I think are indicative of just how little we can actually measure 'engagement' on Twitter when most of it is just lovely white noise.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Thatim posted:

Was getting too famous.

I think chokes McGee made them. Thanks duckie

dada dog would never wear those...

:colbert:

not even ironically

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

juche avocado posted:

how about "wish they all could be california girls, free of the imperial yoke of american hegemony, therefore i endorse separation from the united states"????

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
if somebody buys certain products off the internet will they die and/or go to jail

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

juche avocado posted:

hell yeah, best 60s flute solo evar~

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Zberan Madowinty posted:

And I don't mean 'bots' like "Russian influence bots" or anything. I think that idea is stupid.

But the likes and retweets I think are indicative of just how little we can actually measure 'engagement' on Twitter when most of it is just lovely white noise.

I thought the same thing when I got into it with curt Schilling but nope

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

deadgoon posted:

if somebody buys certain products off the internet will they die and/or go to jail

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/914530004591157248

:thunk:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Thatim posted:

Also lmao thanks for the upgrade on my avatar. Slowly gathering more swag

told u I'd do it

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

Mariana Horchata posted:

hell yeah, best 60s flute solo evar~

jethro tull disagress

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Russia isn't the driving force behind the Catalonian independence movement but by god are they salivating at the idea of civil war in Spain and maybe a few more separatist movements in places like Geneva gaining some steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

lies! texas' fave meme maker is robot morrow!!! there is no other!!!

• Locked thread