Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Look, guys, let's not razz each other's suboptimal choices, okay?

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Hi posted:

So is the game just completely broken and unplayable for anyone else since the update?

On my phone it just crashes as soon as I click to load it up from the white brave exvius screen, on MEmu ive tried like six different times and can not complete the mermaid INT thing, I complete all the objectives but dont get credit for any of them or for completing the quest to unlock the next difficulty. Also on MEmu EVERY SINGLE TIME I HIT HOME it pops up that DID YOU KNOW ABOUT BEGINNER QUESTS?!?!?! window, every single time. I hear arena is broken as well.... is there anything not broken or should I just wait a week to play again

every time the game is closed you have to entirely reinstall it to get it to work again as far as i can tell.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

rabidsquid posted:

every time the game is closed you have to entirely reinstall it to get it to work again as far as i can tell.

seriously?

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Hi posted:

seriously?

On the login menu, hit the "Restore" button, and then Re-download Data, and then close the game completely. Re-open the game and log in, wait ~15 minutes for game to redownload all the patches and poo poo, and you should be ok to play.

This will fix a lot of the stupid little bugs like tutorial windows popping up constantly.

You also have to do that pretty much any time you hit a "Invalid data" or other such error that causes the game to close and then won't let you log back in, which happens a LOT right now. Like I was just loving around in the moogle castle and found the book of recall or whatever that new thing is that lets you see past cutscenes, and as soon as I clicked it I got an "Invalid data" error and had to re-patch the game.

Once you get the game working, tread very carefully to avoid more bullshit.

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Oct 1, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

What kind of phones are you guys using? It works fine on my iPhone 7...

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

rabidsquid posted:

I'm not having any of these issues on an iPhone 6S, or Nox. No idea why it seems to be so busted for some users. :shrug:

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Hi posted:

So is the game just completely broken and unplayable for anyone else since the update?

On my phone it just crashes as soon as I click to load it up from the white brave exvius screen, on MEmu ive tried like six different times and can not complete the mermaid INT thing, I complete all the objectives but dont get credit for any of them or for completing the quest to unlock the next difficulty. Also on MEmu EVERY SINGLE TIME I HIT HOME it pops up that DID YOU KNOW ABOUT BEGINNER QUESTS?!?!?! window, every single time. I hear arena is broken as well.... is there anything not broken or should I just wait a week to play again

I'm having the same crashing issue on an iPhone 7. Get to the main loading screen, tap to start the game, see a loading bar, then hard crash.

Just waiting for an update, I guess.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

After a crash loop leading to a reinstall I haven't had any crashing loop problems, it's just obscenely unstable and will crash for just about anything. It's playable but I wouldn't try the 100 arena victory streak trophy until it's fixed.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

So what sort of compensation should we expect THIS time?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Also not having the issue on a Note5, but I'm not surprised if iOS11 broke something major.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

rabidsquid posted:

Closing and opening again works for me now.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Huh. Apparently Orladeau's summon message is glitched, just got a "7" for some reason.

(Recently got Orladeau, BTW)

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

I've been using my ex tickets for daily summon quests, and somehow got a rainbow today: My third Noctis. I think I can make a very annoying arena team now.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

So uh, immediately crashing when you try to open the app and not fixed by reinstalling... What then?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The daily login rewards match the leaked document. Therefore, we can probably expect a 10+1 pull ticket at the end of each month to ensure us logging in like the document suggested.

Looks like we will Indeed be getting a 1% Trust Moogle every day for doing the daily quests.

How have people's half-price pulls been going? I've gotten three Exdeaths so far, but that's a very small sample size to suggest that Gumi has weighted things towards being on-banner.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The daily login rewards match the leaked document. Therefore, we can probably expect a 10+1 pull ticket at the end of each month to ensure us logging in like the document suggested.

Looks like we will Indeed be getting a 1% Trust Moogle every day for doing the daily quests.

How have people's half-price pulls been going? I've gotten three Exdeaths so far, but that's a very small sample size to suggest that Gumi has weighted things towards being on-banner.

No, on banner units yet. An extra 1% moogle a day is decent.

I don't know if everyone just used their 100% moogle, but I'm saving mine for Ayaka as her TMR looks fantastic.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Same.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Congrats on awakening Ashe to 6* NinjaD!

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
I pulled veritas of the light this morning from the half price pull... is she any good ? looking at the wiki seems pretty great but dont ever hear anyone talk about her?

edit: how do I gear light veritas? BiS shows her geared for magic damage , does atk not effect her offensive skills?

Hi fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Oct 1, 2017

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Hi posted:

I pulled veritas of the light this morning from the half price pull... is she any good ? looking at the wiki seems pretty great but dont ever hear anyone talk about her?

I've just started using mine and it's a good unit, but there isn't a lot of good equipment for her. I've been debating on switching over to her as my friend unit, but my Fohlen seems a bit more useful for people.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
would two emperors be preferable to one emperor + soleil? i'm trying to figure out the best friend unit to take on my next attempt at robot trial.

my emperor has 801 mag and no comet. is it even worth making an attempt yet or should i keep farming some more optimal mage tmrs?

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]

Ratmtattat posted:

I've just started using mine and it's a good unit, but there isn't a lot of good equipment for her. I've been debating on switching over to her as my friend unit, but my Fohlen seems a bit more useful for people.

I just picked up one as well, trying to gear it out now. Will put it up as a friend option as soon as it gets off expedition in a couple of hours. 309,982,781 for anyone who wants - not many TMRs though yet so don't expect a carry or anything.

Looking forward to trying it out, though - nice to have another rainbow finally, and LV definitely looks interesting.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Hi posted:

edit: how do I gear light veritas? BiS shows her geared for magic damage , does atk not effect her offensive skills?

Both ATK and MAG affect her offensive skills, but because of the way Hybrid treats dual-wielding (i.e. it combines the MAG stat of both weapons, rather than treating each weapon individually for each dual attack), people generally focus on MAG and treat all increases to ATK as happy bonuses.

As stated though, her options for weapons really suck. The only gun with OK MAG stat is Quasar, which you could only get from the last Veritas event, while the only good throwing weapon with MAG is Nue, which is Hope's TMR and still isn't quite as amazing as stuff like Fryevia's Needle or the multitude of crazy-high MAG Rods. And unlike swords/rods, guns and throwing weapons have anemic supporting Materia options, and none of those options boost MAG% for equipping guns/throwing weapons.

So most people just treat Veritas of the Light like Fryevia in terms of gearing: Dual Wield materia or Genji Gloves, high MAG sword/rod in one hand and Nue in the other. After that, equip stuff like Letters and Arms for 50% MAG when using a sword, or Rod Mastery + Sworn Six Pride: Water for 50% and 40% MAG when using a rod (respectively) until you hit the 300% MAG cap, and just juggle around stuff to get more MAG stat or use combined MAG% + ATK% materias to balance things around a bit.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Hi posted:

With great difficulty.
She's a hybrid character, but most of those have been on the magic side because it's far easier to gear them that way. Light also has more passives for magic than for attack.
These are her offensive passives:

quote:

Increase MAG (30%)
Increase MAG (50%) when equipped with a throwing weapon
Increase ATK (50%) when equipped with a gun
She can use Swords, Rods, Guns and Throwing Weapons.
To date only one throwing weapon with +Mag exists, Hope's TMR Nue, which gives 82. So you want that for her.
Emil's Head is great for mages who can use heavy helmets.
Her own TMR is amazing for mages, 40%Mag, 20%HP and 50% less likely to be targeted.

Since you're fairly new, just use whatever decent magic gear on her as you can.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Yeah reinstall hasn't worked for me on a galaxy note 5, just keeps crashing on the loading screen. Lame. How are they so bad at this it's insane

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What's the most efficient way to farm the Autumn thing?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Despite all it's many flaws, I think I'm finding stuff to like about this dumb Misty Bamboo Forest event. If you care at all about Megacrysts you can farm a ton of them from the event and get decent rank XP too.

The big change was reading a post about how you can just turn around any time you get an area you don't care about. So I just turn around into the zone border over and over till I get a map with a harvest point, grab that and repeat. Any time the fish statue pops up that exit leads to the area with the mermaid boss. Usually I get two harvest points from her area and two from the area to the left, then wander aimlessly farming harvest nodes till time runs out. It's not uncommon to get seven or eight harvest points in a single run.

The event is still awful, but maybe someday I'll break all my limbs and get bored enough to decide working on the Ring of Dominion is a good idea.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Yeah reinstall hasn't worked for me on a galaxy note 5, just keeps crashing on the loading screen. Lame. How are they so bad at this it's insane

What impressed me the most before I started having crashes this morning is yesterday it worked just fine when everyone else had issues. I can't even get to a loading screen now

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Also the Bamboo event is our first 1 week only event I think?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

BGrifter posted:

The big change was reading a post about how you can just turn around any time you get an area you don't care about. So I just turn around into the zone border over and over till I get a map with a harvest point, grab that and repeat. Any time the fish statue pops up that exit leads to the area with the mermaid boss. Usually I get two harvest points from her area and two from the area to the left, then wander aimlessly farming harvest nodes till time runs out. It's not uncommon to get seven or eight harvest points in a single run.

There's a max of 8 nodes. 2 in the mermaid's room, 2 in the exit room, 3 in the maze crossroad sections outside the exit room, then the last one is sometimes hard to find. I think it's in the other maze section?

Once you hit 8, it's time to look for a fish or bamboo cone to finish. Sometimes I can't find that last node and have to leave after 7.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

jetz0r posted:

There's a max of 8 nodes. 2 in the mermaid's room, 2 in the exit room, 3 in the maze crossroad sections outside the exit room, then the last one is sometimes hard to find. I think it's in the other maze section?

Once you hit 8, it's time to look for a fish or bamboo cone to finish. Sometimes I can't find that last node and have to leave after 7.

Yeah I just read that on the wiki. Apparently four are all in "section B" so if you're in a section A map you won't find anything. Seems like more effort than it's worth figuring out if you're on a section A or B map though. Best to just spam map changes.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

KDdidit posted:

What's the most efficient way to farm the Autumn thing?

Diablos and the encounter reduction accessory, with a buddy orlandu/dv/ok/whatever with diablos and a party member with Escape.

I run Olive/Xon/Orlandu/Tilith/VoF and I actually haven't gotten random encounters in my last 3 or 4 runs. What I have gotten, however, is 24-27 megacrysts per run. :hellyeah:

The lanterns to get an extra 5% moogle and the rod for 25k lanterns will be nice, but I'm going to farm this event for mats and upgrade my remaining 3 hero rings to ruler rings. Do I really need 7 ruler rings? Not really, but they can always be used to pad exploration units or for B-team units in 10 man fights.

I still need to go do the 5 harvest points in 2 minutes objectives for lower tier versions of the dungeon but :effort:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I've picked up Mercedes #7, Grace #2, and today gave me Exdeath #7.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

I knew I could loving do it. Cecil as a main healer brings back memories of the old days. Winning team:

quote:

Warrior of Light - 9033 hp, 483 DEF, 335 SPR - Kept provoke up. Occasionally guarded, cast Embolden, or backup break'd. Raise'd someone once near the end.
Rikku - 6655 hp, Rikku's Pouch, Raven's Cape - Was a massive troll with limit crystals. Was there to build metre, occasionally cast Eccentric, and try and keep HyperNull All up.
Cecil - 7159 hp, 412 DEF, 289 SPR, Dualcast - Main healer + Cover Tank. Tried to keep Focus up whenever it wasn't inferior to another buff. Main role was to Dualcast Curagas and Cover WoL.
Dark Veritas - 5540 hp, 771 ATK, Pod 153, Plant & Human Killer - Tried keeping P Shield from Pod up as best as possible. Cast Pod's Regen early on to smooth out healing.
Orlandeau - 6467 hp, 933 ATK, Pod 153, Plant Killer - ATK/MAG breaker every 3 turns or so. Otherwise, chained with Dark Veritas.

Tilith - 5459 hp - MP battery. She only came out if WoL's mana restore didn't trigger on the targeted mana drain, and then once sub 50% for the aoe mana drain.
Y'Shtola - 5937 hp - Only used for earth damage medal condition. Initially backup healer + single target full heal, but not needed.
Luneth - 4947 hp, 982 ATK - Sole job was to Cut Through the mana draining fruit, and then immediately die. He performed his job well.
N/A
N/A

On a previous run, DV & Oldman using Mirage left the fruits at 16% & 40% hp respectively, so I added Luneth for a Cut Through finisher on the 40% fruit (the mana draining one), who would then die immediately after since he'd have no defensive mitigation up. This was fine.

Sheratan did not aoe mana drain immediately after summoning the plants, which she did every single other time I got that far. I wonder if it's just that the every 3rd turn counter counts from the start of the fight, and not from her shifting into phase 2.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I've got two spots available for Goons, and five requests by pubbies for my 943 ATK Orlandeu and sometimes 100% Evade Fohlen.

634, 188, 308

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

AegisP posted:

Sheratan did not aoe mana drain immediately after summoning the plants, which she did every single other time I got that far. I wonder if it's just that the every 3rd turn counter counts from the start of the fight, and not from her shifting into phase 2.

That's how Aigaion's world destroyer works, so chances are good Sheratan does too.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Is there any kind of online form submission that puts all of my units and etc. on the web? I'm curious as to what to focus on next.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
There's not a place to have it polled automatically or anything. But https://www.ffbedb.com/ has a "collection" page you can fill out and share. You'll have to create an account to do it.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Is general consensus that Luneth would be much more worth the ability awakening materials/gil than Queen? Unless we get a surprise Fryevia announcement, those are my two options for sinking power/support crysts right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i guess that depends on what you're going to do with them? queen definitely has absurdly more utility than luneth but also queen costs 7 million gil to fully unlock and i dont even know how many crystals. luneth is only 4 mil i think? but all he does is one thing, and that's be a finisher.

• Locked thread