Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Any good advice for Bahamut JS?

It seemed like proshellga + wall were absolutely required, and I'd want some wind options, but not sure what a good way to eat through his first 2/3 of health could be and then his curajas were outpacing all of my DPS options except for Celes using snowspell strike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Pander posted:

It seemed like proshellga + wall were absolutely required, and I'd want some wind options, but not sure what a good way to eat through his first 2/3 of health could be and then his curajas were outpacing all of my DPS options except for Celes using snowspell strike.

How to beat Bahamut: Equip your best spellblade with any wind-boosting equipment. I used Bartz but if you've already legend dived Celes she should do. Do the first half of fight as normal, his damage isn't that bad with proper mitigation. When he dips bellow 50%, begin preparations: Apply any Defense debuffs you have, re-apply enough ATK buffs to get your spellblade to the soft cap, then hit your Cloud USB RW. Proceed to drop 100K+ Snowspell Strikes on his stupid dragon face. Everyone else can just watch/unload any remaining SB gauge they have.

I had an en-wind SB for Bartz, so your mileage may vary, but between 4 Snowspells and 2 Cloud USBs you should be able to get him down. Be sure to bring any wind imperils if you've got 'em.

ZiegeDame fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Oct 1, 2017

private message
Aug 22, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]
I've been using that Vaan combo of USB -> Cloud USB RW -> Thief's Revenge. Is it better to use a Weapon + 40% RM or Thief ability + 40% RM?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Pander posted:

If you don't have any good wind dps but you're strong in another element, you can try using that. He starts out at only 30% resistance and loses 10% for each phase change, so he's almost neutral in his very weak phase (though he's always immune to earth and poison).

Also if you're relying on Indom Blade to recharge SSS, his only action that it works on is Flare and he doesn't use it often enough.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Do we ever see rikkus usb again? It's the only thing I want off the banner. I'd be ok with a few others but the banner as a whole is only 50% desirable, for me.

Stirdog
Oct 11, 2012

private message posted:

I've been using that Vaan combo of USB -> Cloud USB RW -> Thief's Revenge. Is it better to use a Weapon + 40% RM or Thief ability + 40% RM?

All things equal the weapon damage RMs will affect SB casts while I believe SBs don't have ability types and won't benefit from the ability damage RMs.

I'm also fairly sure the weapon damage RMs cap out at 30% and the ability damage RMs go up to 40%.

Check out this PDF, it has lots of info including lists of available RMs.
http://happypluto.com/~misterp/r/ffrk.pdf

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Fister Roboto posted:

If you don't have any good wind dps but you're strong in another element, you can try using that. He starts out at only 30% resistance and loses 10% for each phase change, so he's almost neutral in his very weak phase (though he's always immune to earth and poison).

Also if you're relying on Indom Blade to recharge SSS, his only action that it works on is Flare and he doesn't use it often enough.

My SSS is R2. I can R3 it, and am thinking about just going ahead and doing that cause it's pretty fantastic. He was throwing flares at me pretty consistently, but the other attacks were the ones killing off guys as my 3 SBs wore off for stuff like wall and OK BSB.

The part that got skimmed over, getting him to the low-HP zone, that's where I was having trouble. The incoming damage wasn't world-ending, but it did necessitate a steady stream of healing and burn through charges.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

private message posted:

It's hone dependant, but with casting Cloud USB after Vaan USB the +40% Thief RM will do better then +30% Weapon RM.

Without Cloud USB, Weapon RM should be better, especially if Vaan is also using something like Lifesiphon or Breakdowns before the USB. You need to be casting your Thief abilities roughly six times more then your USB for the Thief RM to be better then the Weapon RM, as Ability School RMs (generally) don't apply to SBs, but weapon RMs do. Ability RM will do better with Wind/Poison weak enemies.

edit: Don't forget that if you've Legend Dived Vaan, make sure he's using a dagger.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Pander posted:

My SSS is R2. I can R3 it, and am thinking about just going ahead and doing that cause it's pretty fantastic. He was throwing flares at me pretty consistently, but the other attacks were the ones killing off guys as my 3 SBs wore off for stuff like wall and OK BSB.

The part that got skimmed over, getting him to the low-HP zone, that's where I was having trouble. The incoming damage wasn't world-ending, but it did necessitate a steady stream of healing and burn through charges.

Just bring the best wind or non-elemental damage you have. Are you trying to do the 3-CM or just clear it? The first 60% of his bar is about as bog standard FFRK as it gets: use defensive buffs, stack debuffs on him, go to town. If you don't have native Wall, lean harder on the debuffs. If you don't have wall or any stacking Atk or Mag debuffs :shrug:

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
I need to outsource my self control again:

I got the DPS I wanted (hopefully!) so now the biggest need is a Faithga. The only magic boosting SBs I have at the moment are Sazh's SSB (+20%) and Tyro's new USB. I feel like this isn't gonna cut it.

I already did two pulls on 4 and have four pulls allocated for 5. I have 5 dupes on 4 now, but Rikku's USB would be such an insane help for my team, even if I got Raines' BSB on the next banner. Not to mention, getting Vaan's or Ayame's BSB would be amazing.

I essentially have two 'free' pulls at the moment and I'm torn between banner 4 (5 dupes), Dissidia, Shadow (5 dupes), and saving for the future (like that sweet rear end Sephiroth banner).

What do I do, friends? I'm not picky about faithgas, so if there are any upcoming +30%s I'm missing, I'd love to hear em.

ceaselessfuture fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Oct 2, 2017

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Pander posted:

What does the rest of your party look like?

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

The next Torment on tuesday is gonna be FF5 and you all know what that means: SPELLBLADE MOTES :woop:

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Ybrik posted:

The next Torment on tuesday is gonna be FF5 and you all know what that means: SPELLBLADE MOTES :woop:

:toot:

I need those for Bartz, and I thought they wouldn't be back for months.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Ybrik posted:

I don't believe you. Spellblade motes are a loving myth

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I've done about 5-6 mythril refreshes so far, and as long as I get at least 2 chips from my next set of Knights, that will finish off the roulette.

Through careful curating of Banner Scores, so far I have managed to get a lot of real good stuff from all of these anniversary pulls - the only dupe I got so far was one (out of 7 rainbows) on the free 30-pull, so I can't complain. But I intend to throw two pulls at Banner 5, since that one scored a 25 for me, so there's a pretty good chance that my streak of non-dupes ends there. But I did well enough so far that I'm okay with it.

Also yesterday I was leveling a party that had Seifer, Rufus, and Aphmau in it all at once, and I had a hard time keeping track of which person was which. Too many blondes in white coats.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
To throw my roulette experience into the mix, I'm finished as of this morning. I did three refreshes because I couldn't play at all yesterday and I needed the orbs, so I guess I lucked out.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well is wasn't sure about pulling on the PS2 banner but the Mythril dungeon opened up again so I thought gently caress it.

Three Tidal Knuckles and Shantotto's thing. Basically exactly what I wanted and a nice bonus.

Already had Vaan's stuff and a Tiny Bee so that went very well.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Was just thinking that I needed a more versatile Hastega relic to even out my party composition, and Record Keeper delivered. Got Reks' BSB: Hastega and attack/defense boost, burst mode, and on a character with high attack power. Nice.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

ceaselessfuture posted:

To throw my roulette experience into the mix, I'm finished as of this morning. I did three refreshes because I couldn't play at all yesterday and I needed the orbs, so I guess I lucked out.

I need around 45000 more chips and I've done at least 10 or so refreshes this orbfest so far. I at least got the Accessory and new Ability, but I really want to get all the 5* Motes if I can.

Wish I could get a good pull to make up for this bad Chip luck.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
I haven't refreshed yet and still need about 18500 chips. Unless my luck runs out, this still feels pretty do-able.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Pulled on Banner 4.

1/11 for Seymour's Staff.

I guess one of these banners had to give me poo poo.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Decided to pull on banner 4 and got my chase Vaan USB (completes him) Shantotto USB dupe and Ashe BSB. Feels good man. Combined Shantotto's stuff and just need 4* vit motes so I can complete Vaan's dive. I need more gold Knights and to do Omega Cid mission then I'm in a good spot.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Hmm, can't decide if I want to pull on Phase 5 or the Crystal Tower mythril banner. The tower banner seems like it has a potentially really heinous pool, but a guaranteed 2/11 with the choice relic is nice, and a couple of the choices seem decent even though I don't *need* any of them (I really wanted Lulu's BSB for the +ice, but it seems like that might be gone now). The 5th fest banner has some great USBs on it, but I also already have Alphinaud and Cid's BSBs, so two of the best relics on it are dupes.

Anyone with a lot more experience feel like weighing in?

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
Well that was delightful.

OK, 99, Thundaga, Shell, Dr Mog's Teachings, BSB
Rapha, 99, Protectga, 4* lightning witch spell, fully dove, dualcast BLK rm. BSB +40% lightning damage from gear
Shantotto, 99, Chain Thundaga, Hell Thunder, Mako Might, Chain. +20% lightning damage from gear
Desch, 95, Thundaja, Wrath, Ace Striker, BSB +20% lightning damage from gear
Rosa, 99, Curaja, Wrath, Battleforged, USB
Hydra Magicite.

37.46 clear on my first attempt for the fight, and I already see ways to improve this (Thundaja to OK, Shellga to Rapha, pray for double/triplecasts to happen). Feasible to sub-30 with this team without having to dive Desch or get more relics? Could probably swap off the fire resist from OK for another +20% lightning damage armor.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

so I've got 50 myth thanks to the myth dungeon.

I want to give banner 4 another shot.

On it I have:
Aphmau BSB
Reks BSB
Balthier BSB2
Ashe BSB

I want: Any USB, Vaan BSB, Ayame BSB

Would I have enough myth to take another shot downfield for one of those and still have 25 myth for the lucky on the 10th?

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Oh fyi for those getting Reks' BSB, I've been using Reks almost exclusively since I started playing three months ago, and while I'm not a power player by any means, his BSB absolutely kicks rear end. Not only is it a Boostga that stacks with shout, but the commands are great and CMD1 does more damage than you'd expect. As a character, Reks is also versatile as hell and will always fill gaps.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Do we ever see rikkus usb again? It's the only thing I want off the banner. I'd be ok with a few others but the banner as a whole is only 50% desirable, for me.

Fun fact - Rikku USB was originally not on this banner in JP, but Global decided to add it (and then counterbalance it with Tiny Bee)

I don't think it's reappeared on any banners in JP since its original appearance, it was absent from the next FFX event banners. But hey it's impossible to say with Global I guess.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I don't think non-festival event banners have ever changed in the history of the game, at least not in my memory.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Just got a nice impulse pull. Tidus USB, Shantotto USB, and Reks BSB. Looks like Tidus finally has a non-crappy water SB. Gonna have some fun against Living Flame now between him and Bartz with his USB. Little less excited about Shantotto. Witch abilities are weirdly forgotten in this game. Well, I'll be ready if they decide to buff them a year from now.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Shock Trooper posted:

Fun fact - Rikku USB was originally not on this banner in JP, but Global decided to add it (and then counterbalance it with Tiny Bee)

I don't think it's reappeared on any banners in JP since its original appearance, it was absent from the next FFX event banners. But hey it's impossible to say with Global I guess.

It's shown up at least on one Crystal Tower pickup banner based around FFX, and of course any lucky draws that involved Rikku. It's been entirely curated everything-bagel banners, though, not anything where it could actually "feature".

In other words, it's ascended to the Cloud USB pantheon of "this is too broken to let out of festivals".

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
Finally took down the jump-start Bahamut tonight. Stacking magicite for wind-boost really helped, as did Enkidu (turns out he doesn't trigger counters, if you want to get your damage 4000 at a time... the heals/Dischord were probably more helpful). I only got the two-man CM and I'm not inclined to try the 3 without more healing options for Arc or a native Cloud USB.

The motes I got let me finish diving Vaan. I think he'll synergize well with Faris and her USB1. And now, back to orbs.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I was reading through various reddit threads and there was someone asking about how to best make use of Shantotto's USB. I don't have it myself but it came to mind that given she eats through hones for those double casts, would it be useful to have Ether effects running around to fuel it with or would it not be worth the effort?

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

ceaselessfuture posted:

I need to outsource my self control again:

I got the DPS I wanted (hopefully!) so now the biggest need is a Faithga. The only magic boosting SBs I have at the moment are Sazh's SSB (+20%) and Tyro's new USB. I feel like this isn't gonna cut it.

I already did two pulls on 4 and have four pulls allocated for 5. I have 5 dupes on 4 now, but Rikku's USB would be such an insane help for my team, even if I got Raines' BSB on the next banner. Not to mention, getting Vaan's or Ayame's BSB would be amazing.

I essentially have two 'free' pulls at the moment and I'm torn between banner 4 (5 dupes), Dissidia, Shadow (5 dupes), and saving for the future (like that sweet rear end Sephiroth banner).

What do I do, friends? I'm not picky about faithgas, so if there are any upcoming +30%s I'm missing, I'd love to hear em.

FFIV Ursula Banner 1 has three +30 faithgas in it with the standout being Tellah BSB +30% mag which also has entry hastega and quickcast magic 3. The other are his SSB which is +30 atk/mag and party instant cast 1 and Edward SSB which is mag/mnd +30 and quickcast magic 3.

The entire banner has nothing straight up garbage in, that Edward SSB is probably the worst item excluding legend materias for characters you have nothing else for. The worst thing about the banner is that Rydia OSB, which has got to have the best SB animation in game, is on banner 2.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Alright, thanks to the roulette wheel I finally have Cloud fully Legend Dived and I want to start piledriving magicite dungeons.

What's the basic plan?

Shout, wall​, proshellga, build meter for Chant and Cloud USB then snap them off and mash Omega Drive while everyone else is geared for healing?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Gambled on banner 4 for rikku USB, ended up with a reks bsb. At least it's not a dupe!

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Is Bartz worth a full legend dive with his USB (and that's it)? I assume yes for the doublecast, but I can only afford to do one full legend dive on these motes right now.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Prism posted:

Is Bartz worth a full legend dive with his USB (and that's it)? I assume yes for the doublecast, but I can only afford to do one full legend dive on these motes right now.

I fully dived him when all I had was his en-wind SSB because making GBS threads out double-casted Snowspell Strikes was worth it. I ended up snagging his BSB2 too, so now he's even crazier. It's probably worth it with his USB if you use him frequently, yeah.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Alright I'm clearly not doing this Cloud USB thing right. I just tried Kraken for the first time and with Shout, OK BSB, and Chant stacking I was only doing 9-10k per hit of Omega Drive. Not nearly enough damage and on top of that it only double proc'd once or twice.

Is there something I'm missing?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
You want as many ATK buffs as possible to get that 1200+ ATK. Remember that the USB doesn't actually provide an ATK buff - it increases PHY damage dealt, which is nice for post-soft cap but Omega Drive does have multiplier thresholds based on ATK.

Also get used to Magicite bosses laughing at a lot of sources of damage that aren't a weakness or Ninja magic, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I'm finally getting around to doing the Nightmare Dungeons - gently caress Tritoch to hell, I burned an hour doing this because it's a slower DPS fight until the boss is at like 30%, then a race to the finish and I kept loving up my mitigation or forgetting to kill the orb thing.

p.s. how do I kill Omega.

• Locked thread