Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

precision posted:

Luck as a stat in RPGs needs to be shown the door and told never to come back

luck is badass in old fallout games because it lets you create runs where everyone around you is loving up constantly and the only skill you have is loving up slightly less

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The Colonel posted:

luck is badass in old fallout games because it lets you create runs where everyone around you is loving up constantly and the only skill you have is loving up slightly less

I play video games to be someone other than myself.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

the hardest enemy in morrowind was gaenor because he had 770 luck (player stats cap at 100) and thats why luck owns

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh yeah, max Luck in Fallout 1/2 is great because it becomes Exploding Eyeballs: The Game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

FirstAidKite posted:

I'd like to see them make an assassin's creed adaptation of gangs of new york. I think that'd be pretty cool.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate is in this time period, just in London. You control your own street gang and most of the game is beating up opposing gangs, usually by dislocating their shoulders or smashing them in the face with your brass knuckles

Edit: The main villain is even a Daniel Day-Lewis copycat, but less Bill the Butcher and more Daniel Plainview

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Even Martin Scorsese couldn't make Gangs of New York work- it's one of his worst films. I kind of doubt the Assassin's Creed people could do it well either.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Raxivace posted:

Even Martin Scorsese couldn't make Gangs of New York work- it's one of his worst films. I kind of doubt the Assassin's Creed people could do it well either.

it was a great setting and antagonist but the plot and main character were pretty crappy. it's already like most video games

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Phantasium posted:

I finally got around to beating Kirby Triple Deluxe despite owning it since shortly after it came out

Not much to say, Kirby games still own, and so do their finales.

I need to play through that again, I got the the last world when it came out and then my kids deleted my save file so I never bothered playing it again.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
wtf gangs of new york owns hard

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

Looper posted:

I'm still impressed by how dang good looking Kirby's Adventure is

It really is gorgeous. There aren't many NES games out there that had me stopping every now and then to appreciate the fantastic colour choices and cute backgrounds.

I finished it a little while ago and I'm still smiling after that explosive finale. The Meta Knight fight had such a great action feel I couldn't believe it was off a NES at all. The screen flashing and shaking when your swords clash!! Unnnff

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

raditts posted:

I need to play through that again, I got the the last world when it came out and then my kids deleted my save file so I never bothered playing it again.

Hope you grounded those children

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Boss Tweed is a Templar but he's depicted in the style of an old-timey Political Cartoon and he fights like Mad Pierrot from Cowboy Bebop.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/William_M._Tweed

he already is.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Assassin's Creed Syndicate is in this time period, just in London. You control your own street gang and most of the game is beating up opposing gangs, usually by dislocating their shoulders or smashing them in the face with your brass knuckles

Edit: The main villain is even a Daniel Day-Lewis copycat, but less Bill the Butcher and more Daniel Plainview

this. they already did it. and honestly it was pretty fun and good.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Yeah just do it again though

Like how Rogue was just Black Flag 2

I wanna see the draft riots dammit

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Dapper_Swindler posted:

probably halfsies(maybe) again. i am honest surprised they havent made a female assassin(full game) outside aveline. Ubisoft is pretty progressive socially and unlike some companies, they usually do it really well. hopefully they do it in the next one.

I want a Victorian lady assassin. Debutant by day, killer by might. Also England would work since Ubisoft hates accents

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I want a Victorian lady assassin. Debutant by day, killer by might.

Didn't the Vita one sort of have that?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

glam rock hamhock posted:

gently caress, kind of yeah. I forgot, but then again how many people would have played it, it was on the vita after all.

A southern belle maybe, slaughtering the old dominion fat cat slave owners?

E: Wait poo poo, the vita one does that too I think.

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Oct 1, 2017

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I want a Victorian lady assassin. Debutant by day, killer by might. Also England would work since Ubisoft hates accents

play syndicate. thats sorta that already.

glam rock hamhock posted:

sorta. its on the 360/ps3/pc now i believe.

FirstAidKite posted:

Yeah just do it again though

Like how Rogue was just Black Flag 2

I wanna see the draft riots dammit

id play that.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/aaaaangry/status/914135585987616768

https://twitter.com/CapcomFighters/status/914449827118886912

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

External tournament specific gimmicks is the one cool thing about MVCI

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I am gathering that they have done every possible time period in Assassin's Creed already.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

codenameFANGIO posted:

I am gathering that they have done every possible time period in Assassin's Creed already.

I am waiting for a cyber-punk Assassin's Creed.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I said come in! posted:

Maybe Ubi should jump the gun on this since Blade Runner is coming out in a week and Cyberpunk 2077 is never going to release.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I really dig roman egypt as a setting but im not a huge idiot who pays for asscreed games

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

I said come in! posted:

Deus Ex

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Its depressing how Assassin's Creed has basically had all the originality and innovation wrung out of it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Watchdougs is a cyber rear end creed but it is also homogenized pap im not generally bored enough to lower myself to play

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Maybe Ubi should jump the gun on this since Blade Runner is coming out in a week and Cyberpunk 2077 is never going to release.

I saw the original Blade Runner yesterday in theaters, it was remastered in 4K, and it was glorious. Not my first time seeing the movie by any means, but first time seeing it in theaters since I didn't exist yet when it was in theaters in 1982. Can't wait for 2049, the early reviews are overwhelmingly positive.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

Its depressing how Assassin's Creed has basically had all the originality and innovation wrung out of it.

its hard to see how that could ever not happen when you have 300 person teams iterate 15 games in the series.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I forgot where I read this but Ubisoft has anti-high fantasy development culture, that's why Assassin's Creed continues its simulation meta-narrative framework and even their knights vs. samurai vs. vikings fightman game still bothers explaining it with an alt-timeline portal. BG&E2 if it ever gets released will be their most fantastical IP in a very long time.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

For Honor is a pretty badass game that is a lot of fun to play. I really need to find more time to play it because its legit good and one of UBI's most unique games.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its dead. Get tekken or :getout:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Watch Dogs 2 is totally cyberpunk and also title-accurate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1ShyIXqOhI&t=30s

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Always ask the owner before petting a dog

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jay Rust posted:

Always ask the owner before petting a dog

There's a bug in the game where petting a dog will break the relationship between it and the NPC walking it, so they just forget about the dog (look in that video how the NPCs immediately switch focus to each other and the dog runs away at the end). There are no owners, pet all dogs

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
petting a dog actually frees it from ownership, like giving a sock to a house elf

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Dear Chat Thread:

Today I bought a Splatoon 2 Nintendo Switch.

Thank you for listening.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Jay Rust posted:

Post the spooky version of your username

I'm Flay Lust

Zetsuboo-exsanguinate

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

FauxLeather posted:

I'm playing a truly Spooktober Frightfest of a game: Kirby's Adventure.
This is my first foray into Kirby games, can't believe they've eluded me for so long. Tryna go chronologically so I tore through Dreamland before this. The biggest surprise, next to how well made both of these games are, was that Dreamland didn't even have the copy ability.

Wait until you get to kirby super star, now that's the good stuff

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PantsBandit posted:

Dear Chat Thread:

Today I bought a Splatoon 2 Nintendo Switch.

Thank you for listening.

Hell yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Hello chat thread! As it is now October, I can ask my question that I really hope to hear your answers to.

What is your perfect game, and why?

Not favourite game, but perfect game. (Unless your favourite is perfect!).

Mine is Portal2.
Everything about it is made for me. The game is my level of difficult, my level of engaging storyline and humour. I love the way the tale unfolds and how much of it does. I love that is treats me intelligently. I love the voice acting (Stephen Merchant is inspired and one of my favourite comedians) and feel it is pitch perfectly delivered. I love the structure of the story and the end and I just cannot stop loving on it. I love the music!

I thought the first portal was fine. Not astounding, but great fun and a nice little diversion.

Portal2 sang to me as someone who enjoys video games. It just causes me to gush. I've even sent gushing emails to some of the people who worked on it!

• Locked thread