Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

conservatives are literally brain dead, there's nothing else to get really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/914591777386110976
https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/914591834655133696

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

The Human Crouton posted:

I just woke up from a very expensive night of drinking to headlines about Trump telling his Secretary of State to not bother talking to Kim. Madman theory perfected.

Also, don't fly the President in an osprey.

Please continue to fly this president in an osprey

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

BUSH 2112 posted:

bro if u got 20 nukes going off around you you're gonna die in the firestorm. don't worry too much about it

i'm in a valley on the other side of hills from oakland, i fear i am sheltered from blast effects

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol i'm so hosed. too far from oakland to die in the blast, not far enough to avoid dying from the fallout from 20+ nuclear impacts

Look how many nukes would get lobbed at the Tri-state area.

I guess Russians don't like North Jersey either

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

zen death robot posted:

so the post WW2 order is starting to rapidly break down completely I see

we can't split berlin anymore

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/foxsportssouth/status/911642449847525376

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Neolibs and neocons must rally together to defend against the equally radical Nazis Who Kill People and Scary Minorities Who Don't Want To Be Killed

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i'm in a valley on the other side of hills from oakland, i fear i am sheltered from blast effects

you'll die a slightly more painful death when a huge wall of fire consumes you, rather than being vaporized instantly

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

SKULL.GIF posted:

population center

a 500-strike scenario is one assuming that america struck first and thus many soviet missiles were inoperable

in this scenario, the soviet union is going for maximum retaliation against population centers, and as it turns out, there aren't actually all that many major cities outside the top like 50-70, so as you go down the list you start taking out smaller 50k population towns

the irony is that the 500 nuke from hell's heart i stab at thee strike is the one that will kill ten times as many people as the first strike with thousands of nukes

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

juche avocado posted:

a lot of these nuke maps are based on complete supposition (like the totes smart russian professor w/ his balkanized US) or ages-old information from like 1960s soviet targeting priorities or somethin

just a grain of salt to keep in mind :shrug: not saying there's anything wrong with that one just

yeah

they're probably just the north american entries from that encyclopedia the airforce maintains thats just a giant list of everything on planet earth worth bombing

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

currently at 85% evangelicals and nazis

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Duscat posted:

the irony is that the 500 nuke from hell's heart i stab at thee strike is the one that will kill ten times as many people as the first strike with thousands of nukes

well, yeah

the first-strike scenario is "make absolutely sure they can't retaliate against our own population centers"

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

The modern rich are effectively a nationless class with zero loyalty to anything or anyone but their own net worth. Wealth is no longer from producing things but rather watching numbers based on nothing go up or down

They could all disappear overnight and everybody would be just fine.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Cersei=liberals is a nonsense take, what's next, Hufflepuff=libertarians?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

The modern rich are effectively a nationless class with zero loyalty to anything or anyone but their own net worth. Wealth is no longer from producing things but rather watching numbers based on nothing go up or down

They could all disappear overnight and everybody would be just fine.

:yeah:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

mrmcd posted:

So is this Catalonia thing gonna be the EU's first proper civil war or what?

there is a distinct possibly but i know jack and poo poo about espania

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

no idgi

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Cersei=liberals is a nonsense take, what's next, Hufflepuff=libertarians?

Ben, welcome to the #resistance

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I doubt it gets to civil war if only because every country on earth will side with Spain and send support to police death squads

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Weeping Wound posted:

force the cowards to post in C-SPAM :supaburn:

only if you train them to succ zone :twisted:

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

mrmcd posted:

So is this Catalonia thing gonna be the EU's first proper civil war or what?

nah

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

Nero Trump fiddled golfed while Rome the planet burned

Not even true in Nero's case. Only Trump's :sad:

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

SKULL.GIF posted:

well, yeah

the first-strike scenario is "make absolutely sure they can't retaliate against our own population centers"

might as well just make the first strike cover both eventualities, right? pre-emptively also kill their population centers so we still at least come out even

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Is there some good side to evangelicals that I don't see or are they bad inside and out

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
time for some game theory

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

oh yeah it's hella out of date

I just like posting it because there are a fuckload of nuclear missiles in the usa/russia and it helps to contextualize it

:agreed: i like it too

you should post it because nukechat is good. the power, the devastation, they're both so important to me

btw i was spurred into posting by the train of thought (heh!!! pre-pun!!!!) i ended up on after reading "they have manufacturing capacity and are a hub for railway transport," but not in a bad way i wasn't trying to argue w/ anyone oh jeez

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Uncle Wemus posted:

Is there some good side to evangelicals that I don't see or are they bad inside and out

Nope

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Epic High Five posted:

I doubt it gets to civil war if only because every kingdom in europe will side with the ancien régime and send support to police death squads

tweets from 1789

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

tweets from 1789

does germany gaf about spain

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
wells hit i bet little green men will start popping up in catalonia wont they?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lawman 0 posted:

does germany gaf about spain

At least as far as they do not want this to be precedent and will tolerate any behavior that suppresses it

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

they're probably just the north american entries from that encyclopedia the airforce maintains thats just a giant list of everything on planet earth worth bombing

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Uncle Wemus posted:

should i make a real post at this or uh

i mean

not doing so well on the real post front rn

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Epic High Five posted:

I doubt it gets to civil war if only because every country on earth will side with ancien regime and send support to police death squads

Can't wait for Lionel Messi to raise a Catalan army against all of Europe

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
lmao

quote:

The national government is implacably opposed to any breakaway moves by the northeastern region. Spanish Deputy Prime Minister Soraya Sáenz de Santamaría blamed the violence on the "crazy rush" of the Catalan regional government to hold the "unconstitutional" vote.

"The referendum couldn't be held, and it's not been held. To carry on with this farce makes no sense, it doesn't lead anywhere," she said in a news conference in Madrid on Sunday.

The Spanish Interior Ministry said authorities closed 92 of about 2,300 polling stations.

Defending the national police actions, Saenz de Santamaria said their objective had been to seize material associated with the referendum and not to target Catalans.
She called on the Catalan government to halt its "irresponsible behavior" and call off the vote. "Despite the blatant illegality of this, they wanted to continue, using children and old people recklessly."

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Yossarian-22 posted:

Can't wait for Lionel Messi to raise a Catalan army against all of Europe

2017 af

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

they are extremely real bad

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

quote:

Spain's Prime Minister echoed those sentiments Sunday night, blaming Catalan secessionists with indoctrinating children and "harassing judges and journalists."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

Epic High Five posted:

At least as far as they do not want this to be precedent and will tolerate any behavior that suppresses it

precedent for what?

• Locked thread