Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

You three, here's some synthpop and for you over here something that's out of your range. Three dollars please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Alright, stop.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
Collaborate and listen.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

No, I think he meant that they should just stop.

Guessing Ice Ice Baby is the guitarist's piss break?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
When I think of plastic guitar and drums, the first artists that spring to mind are Vanilla Ice and Whitney Houston

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

No you see nobody cares you don't like a song, here's a very relevant and applicable argument written by the devs of a single-player guitar-only game that both justifies thfuck you give us money

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Ted is a huge douche but I still have a soft spot for Stranglehold, back when he was just a drunk redneck writing 2 minute guitar solos out in the woods. And the Catfish song looks like it has decent drums at least.

I'll hold off on hating Vanilla Ice until I see the chart, some of my favorite drum charts are where they tried to translate drum machine beats to a drumkit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GelTfh1oLCM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCjABuEHw_w

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
Ugh, enough with the loving Avenged Sevenfold poo poo already. Hamronix, please.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/907604808613363712

:shrug:

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Is there a thread for RB3 / homebrew stuff? I recently got a real e-drum kit, and it's been a blast to use in RB3. I'm never going to make the switch to RB4 though, so wondering what my options are.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
At least people who weren't fortunate enough to have RB1 exported can play one of its best songs.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Enos Cabell posted:

Is there a thread for RB3 / homebrew stuff? I recently got a real e-drum kit, and it's been a blast to use in RB3. I'm never going to make the switch to RB4 though, so wondering what my options are.

We're all here playing Genesis customs still. :)

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Beelzebozo posted:

Ugh, enough with the loving Avenged Sevenfold poo poo already. Hamronix, please.

I always liked the drums for Afterlife, one of the few 'double bass' songs I was ever decent at. But yea every other A7 song I saw was generic mall metal.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Guessing this will be drummer's week, which makes sense, you want to save the king of instruments for last.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Of course they do that when I'm out of the country the whole week :v:

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Ice To Meet You posted:

Guessing this will be drummer's week, which makes sense, you want to save the king of instruments for last.

Absolutely! Bass takes its rightful place at the top of the heap in next week's challenge.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Kind of surprised they didn't include the Who or Rush in the spotlight... Seemed like a lay up.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

atholbrose posted:

Absolutely! Bass takes its rightful place at the top of the heap in next week's challenge.

https://twitter.com/rockband/status/910141483990347776

Looks like HMX has started dipping into the songs they announced for DropMix as DLC, which makes sense since they went and got the stems for all those songs.

Found this list of the songs announced for DropMix that aren't in RB yet so I'd guess some of these have a good chance of showing up in the coming months:

quote:

Afrojack - Take Over Control (ft. Eva Simons)
Big & Rich - Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy)
Childish Gambino - Heartbeat
CHVRCHES - The Mother We Share
Duck Sauce - Barbra Streisand
Flo Rida - I Don’t Like It, I Love It (ft. Robin Thicke, Verdine White)
LMFAO - Sexy and I Know It
Odezsa - Say My Name (ft. Zyra)
Ricky Martin - La Mordidita (ft. Yotuel)
Run-D.M.C. - It’s Tricky
Sean Paul - Temperature
Skrillex - Bangarang (ft. Sirah)
A Tribe Called Quest - Scenario
Young M.C. - Bust a Move
Anderson .Paak - Am I Wrong (ft. Schoolboy Q)
The Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow
Fifth Harmony - Work from Home
Miike Snow - Genghis Khan
Technotronic - Pump Up the Jam
TLC - No Scrubs
Bell Biv Devoe - Poison
Commodores - Brick House
Dolly Parton - Jolene
Ginuwine - Pony
Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
Marky Mark & the Funky Bunch - Good Vibrations (ft. Loleatta Holloway)
Outkast - Ms. Jackson
Panic! At the Disco - Emperor’s New Clothes
Salt-N-Pepa - Push It

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

quote:

Dolly Parton - Jolene
Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
Big & Rich - Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy)
Panic! At the Disco - Emperor’s New Clothes

Yesssssss.

quote:

LMFAO - Sexy and I Know It
The Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow
Technotronic - Pump Up the Jam
TLC - No Scrubs
Salt-N-Pepa - Push It

:wtc:

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
TLC 3 pack for Rock Band please.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

TLC 3 pack for Rock Band please.

Waterfalls has a legit great bass line, I'd buy it.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Well, that IS my favorite Skrillex song (because come on), not sure how it would look in RB.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I saw the name "Switchfoot" and I was going to just ignore it, but then I looked up the song and I was like, huh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCmRks9FcrQ

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Ice To Meet You posted:

I saw the name "Switchfoot" and I was going to just ignore it, but then I looked up the song and I was like, huh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCmRks9FcrQ

Is it just me, or does that sound an awful lot like Beck - Dreams?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTM3YPTYNo0

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
Float isn't even in this weeks theme. like what the gently caress.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/912678220918607873
Burnin' for You leak was accurate. I'm in.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Hell yes

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress yes that's awesome. There is always room for more Blue Öyster Cult!!!

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just watched that one, drums look fun and active but not foot crush-y like Fear the Reaper. I'm in.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine
A crewmate of mine found out you can just plug in a no-fail mic to get the multiplayer XP bonus for yourself when you're playing "solo"

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Sad

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Orange Harrison posted:

A crewmate of mine found out you can just plug in a no-fail mic to get the multiplayer XP bonus for yourself when you're playing "solo"

Just remember to keep it nearby for activating the Big Rock Finish.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Just played alone for an hour last night since wife didn't want to do vox - so I got to play some more of the base RB4 songs. About half are... not fun. Also one circle difficulty songs are still pretty hard on expert, not like I'd expect in RB3. Is the grading different?

Still haven't gold starred anything.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Merijn posted:

Is the grading different?

As with all previous discs, the songs on the RB4 disc are tiered relative to each other, irrespective of the rest of the library. That's why many of the most under-/over-tiered songs you can think of are from discs. Also, as someone who went from playing RB3 every day to playing RB4 every day when RB4 came out, I'm going to suggest that you're probably just rusty. I think the RB4 songs are the easiest collection to gold star (on guitar) since RB1, and that's just because gold star thresholds used to be extremely generous back then. You're right about half of them being no fun though. I also think the RB4 songs are hands down the worst of the discs is terms of average fun across the whole setlist (again, only speaking about guitar here).

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Yeah I'm probably very rusty. I got frustrated halfway through last night when I kept missing notes on upstrum, thought the guitar was bad, then noticed everything went fine on fast alt-strumming.

Thankfully I have a lot of DLC to practice on! :buddy: (not nearly as much as some of you but a few hundred I think)

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Fuuuuuuuck. :(

EDIT: Currently updated to unconfirmed due to a miscommunication with the LAPD.

Trash Boat fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Oct 2, 2017

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah they hosed up reporting this, I think the current consensus is he's off life support but showing no brain activity :smith:

Harmonix chart this immediately
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y

vvv: This truly is the worst timeline.

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Oct 3, 2017

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

He died. :(

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
https://twitter.com/The_Wrath_Of/status/915005780683902976

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/915214909545336833
I could've sworn we had both of these already. Turns out one we do have (it just isn't labeled as "Rewind" in the usual way) and the other was in Harmonix's Guitar Hero Rocks the 80s. I hope somebody posts a chart comparison on YouTube. I no longer have access to a working PS2, but I remember that chart being an unfun mess of 3-note chord changes.