Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Thanks! I'll take those for a spin. I'm getting the itch to play again and thought I'd put together something to try and get some friends on board.

I'm mostly just playing with my older collection (up through Order and Chaos), but I'm kind of thinking of grabbing a few more packs or at least the deluxes I'm missing (Data and Destiny/Terminal Directive). I'm curious though, if I don't really have any interest in NBN or the mini-factions, would I be okay just skipping D&D? And would it be much of an issue if I just skipped the SanSan/Mumbad/Flashpoint cycles? I normally want to go in order but I like the theme of Red Sands and want to try my hand at janky casual Jemison decks.

Also, was looking around and came across this, which seems like they're possibly getting rid of MWL and just straight up banning and restricting cards.

Huh. Some of those make total sense, but Obokata Protocol? Aesop's? Hunter-Seeker?

edit: I guess Obokata makes a little more sense with Film Critic on there as well

Zephro fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Sep 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.
Obokata on the list with Bio-Ethics Association is a pretty good thing, too. Still has a place in Tempo builds but is less crushingly oppressive in Prison builds, especially without Film Critic.

Aesop's/Opus etcetera seem like strong moves to get out in front of the Shaper Ascendancy, who were rubbing their hands with glee after Rotation/Core2. Runner econ in general just got gutted, so it can't all be in Green.

Given Restricted lists are generally to break up combos, I don't really get what single like Gang Sign or Hunter-Seeker achieve. Leemaw and Skorp lists just shrug and take them anyway, if only slightly less flexible without things like Strike or GFI. Corp gets to keep jamming Mass Comm or whatever nonsense and hope for no agenda flood.

Pity the Criminal players, who were consoling themselves with "Well at least we still have all this money..." before this landed.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

I don't believe that leak because nobody even plays Magnum Opus anymore, why would it need to go on a "pick 1 from these" list. EmpStrike getting put there with Film Critic makes me happy, though.
Opus + Inversificator in Kit is really really good and would probably have literally zero bad matchups if the rest of that list was true.

quote:

Straight-up banning Bloo Moose was probably correct if that leak is legit, though. Card is straight busted in half.
Agreed 100%.

Edit: after discussing the list with some local players, the H-S and gang sign restrictions make a ton of sense if you're really trying to prevent these strategies from having access to GFI and FC/Strike, respectively.

fomo sacer fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Sep 20, 2017

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Please no, not my Temujin Contract. How will I feed my children :(

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
My guess about Gang Sign is that they want to break it being paired with Magnum Opus in Leela, so that you have to be a bit more proactive about maintaining bank to lock the corp out.

I also suspect Mopus is on the list less as a result of some particular nasty combo as much as control decks just mashing it while yawning at the corp being unable to do anything being considered NPE.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Welp, no more Jinteki Prison for me. At least I've been working on a Skorp list that... only needs a GFI replacement it looks like, and with hopefully fewer EStrikes and/or less recursion around might have actually gotten a bump in power. My Shaper list, meanwhile, is going to have to make some hard choices.

Someone please remind me why I decided that this would be the year I go to Worlds?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

hot take: what if FFG actually spent time playtesting this poo poo instead of having to ban it post release

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

hot take: what if FFG actually spent time playtesting this poo poo instead of having to ban it post release

Source your quotes.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

hosed up if true

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Part of me is okay with stuff being OP and then banned, because then it gives strong card options for players that aren’t very good at the game to get a leg up when playing casually with friends, but then doesn’t negatively impact the competitive / serious players.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
people make mistakes

this is a really good watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHHg99hwQGY

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Anyone else in the thread desperately trying to deckbuild for Worlds?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Curtain Wall is no longer tournament legal, can we get a new thread title?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Machai posted:

Curtain Wall is no longer tournament legal, can we get a new thread title?

The thread title is more accurate than ever!

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

Kaethela posted:

The thread title is more accurate than ever!

For that matter though, a Curtain Wall is super approachable it's just nearly impenetrable. You can bounce off it all day. "More impenetrable than a curtain wall" is fine, or "More unapproachable than Ichi 1.0" works too I guess. Sorry, had to get that of my chest. It's been bugging me since we moved to this thread.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

ZorajitZorajit posted:

For that matter though, a Curtain Wall is super approachable

Not anymore it isn't. :v:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

ZorajitZorajit posted:

For that matter though, a Curtain Wall is super approachable it's just nearly impenetrable. You can bounce off it all day. "More impenetrable than a curtain wall" is fine, or "More unapproachable than Ichi 1.0" works too I guess. Sorry, had to get that of my chest. It's been bugging me since we moved to this thread.

:same:

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

CirclMastr posted:

<---- This guy. My current brilliant plans are En Passant Los and Boom! CI, which will be fun KoS decks if nothing else.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

CirclMastr posted:

So as I understand it, Worlds will be the last hurrah for both the MWL and Core 1.0/first two cycle cards? And after that we're on the all Geist/CI meta, correct?

Also, CBI raid is hilarious against CI and I cannot recommend it enough.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

Worlds will have rotation, core 2.0, and whatever MWL/B&R list gets announced in october.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

So as I understand it, Worlds will be the last hurrah for both the MWL and Core 1.0/first two cycle cards? And after that we're on the all Geist/CI meta, correct?

Also, CBI raid is hilarious against CI and I cannot recommend it enough.
I like how much Core 2.0 has shaken up the meta, CBI raid was once seen as irredeemably trash tier, now it's just comedy-jank tier. I've even seen Information Sifting played unironically

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Fisk-Gang Sign Leela is still hilarious as you watch corps flood and kill the whampoa reclaimations.

Also aumakua is hilariously strong

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

Ya the turtle breaker is pretty nuts. I think IP Block and Macrophage are going to be all over the place at worlds.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Static Equilibrium posted:

Ya the turtle breaker is pretty nuts. I think IP Block and Macrophage are going to be all over the place at worlds.

I went to King of Surfers on Saturday in San Diego, which was the last hurrah for Core 1.0 pre-rotation. Turtle power, IP Block, and Macrophage were all over the place even there.

Static Equilibrium posted:

My current brilliant plans are En Passant Los and Boom! CI, which will be fun KoS decks if nothing else.

How are you planning to land two tags? HHN and hope the runner can't clear tags?

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

CirclMastr posted:

How are you planning to land two tags? HHN and hope the runner can't clear tags?
HHN and Load Testing.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
finally FFG got the right idea and poo poo be banned.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

sonatinas posted:

finally FFG got the right idea and poo poo be banned.

it's official

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Huh I'm surprised at Salvaged Vanadis Armory being straight-up banned. I guess because if you pop it after a Boom it could insta-win you the game? Is there some super strong combo that uses it that I'm not familiar with? It doesn't have any reviews on netrunnerdb so it doesn't seem like it's particularly popular.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
It was the focus of some gross mill decks because of how easily Anarchs can damage themselves. Never managed to see any in the wild before the ban hit, thankfully.

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

CodfishCartographer posted:

Huh I'm surprised at Salvaged Vanadis Armory being straight-up banned. I guess because if you pop it after a Boom it could insta-win you the game? Is there some super strong combo that uses it that I'm not familiar with? It doesn't have any reviews on netrunnerdb so it doesn't seem like it's particularly popular.

It enabled a deck that could mill around 43 cards from R&D in a single turn by around turn 6.

Edit:

Take the corp's deck and throw it into the trash

Yithian fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Sep 27, 2017

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Yithian posted:

It enabled a deck that could mill around 43 cards from R&D in a single turn by around turn 6.

Edit:

Hahaha this owns, and makes sense why the card is banned.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Yithian posted:

Edit:

ahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahaha

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Yithian posted:

Edit:

Hahaha whoa, wish this had made it to Worlds as an undiscovered deck. That's amazing.

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.
I preferred the (weaker) version that involved hitting Tri Maf Contacts with Independent Thinking purely because I loved the thematic image of hitting the Mafia with a sledgehammer then blaming the Corp for it.

Psyched for the new meta though.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I haven't played this game in years despite continuing to buy packs, so I'm super excited to get to relearn the game with pretty much a blank slate.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Yithian posted:

Edit:

This is amazing :discourse: I don't even play this game anymore and its amazing.

Is that draw engine useful for anything else?

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

I sincerely doubt it.

I know a guy who played an Apocalypse Nasir deck that used Bookmark to store its combo pieces and load up fuel for Faust. But that is a very different beast from a no-run mill deck.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
I guess the only positive for that mill deck is that it never won anything. Until Rotation, Andy has a better match up with every corp.

WE RIDE
Jul 29, 2003
I'm playing in my first Netrunner tournament in a few weeks! It's an event for charity where players bid for pairs of IDs. I've ended up with Blue Sun/Quetzal.

I'm a relatively inexperienced player, I'm excited to play in this tournament and just mainly hoping not to get completely hosed. Any tips for strategies/builds for my IDs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

WE RIDE posted:

I'm playing in my first Netrunner tournament in a few weeks! It's an event for charity where players bid for pairs of IDs. I've ended up with Blue Sun/Quetzal.

I'm a relatively inexperienced player, I'm excited to play in this tournament and just mainly hoping not to get completely hosed. Any tips for strategies/builds for my IDs?

Going Charity Gift?

• Locked thread