Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/jG4Edwqagz sign up page btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Wormskull posted:

You provide the game if you want there to be a game so much dude.

I have the money. Up to $50 works, right?

e: i have been told by higher ups to not do this so i'll either save it for another time or just hang onto it for a while.

e2: still having fun training with friends but if a slot is needed, i'll silently participate.

Yobgoblin fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Oct 1, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bump for tournament day.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I forgot what the game was.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

puzzle bobble

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

X-Men VS Street Fighter. I use Rogue and Charlie.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I use Cammy and Roo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the stream will be starting here soon https://www.twitch.tv/in_training but i lost my mic somehow so it will be commentary free...

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

the stream will be starting here soon https://www.twitch.tv/in_training but i lost my mic somehow so it will be commentary free...

you could quickly go to the shops and get a new one

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

Ask your sponsor Logitech to overnight you a new one.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

you could quickly go to the shops and get a new one

theres only 4 people in it anyway so iits not really worth the effort right now....

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Congrats to Kongming for winner the most brutal grand finals yet

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

https://clips.twitch.tv/EndearingEndearingMallardAMPTropPunch

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://clips.twitch.tv/ImpossibleMotionlessBunnyJebaited

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope somebody clipped the part where i timed out the match by spamming air fireballs with ken but then i lost because i didnt actually look at how much health either of us had left.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I hope someone clipped my sick hooligan combo kill.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THe whole thing will be on youtube shortly.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hopefuly i dont get banned for uploading a video of Mr SHow youtube clips.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5rpKd2K6tQ&t=3256s the mic clipping out like crazy whenever i got excited is a good effect.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That was a calculated tatsu super because I knew he was going to try to drill claw my last piece of HP. If you call one of my sick game ending moves random again I will make your life a living hell.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That same set where I hooligan combo'd him as he landed was kind of random actually. I meant to do a dive kick but I couldn't remember if I was off the ground, and it's qcb K for both moves.

Wormskull fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Oct 2, 2017

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5rpKd2K6tQ&t=3103s This part.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Gahh I am so bad at getting grabbed. I keep forgetting about it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

IdealFlaws posted:

Gahh I am so bad at getting grabbed. I keep forgetting about it

Kongming air throwing me every time I miscalculated a jump out in GGXRD for 18+ months straight has almost conditioned to me to be better about not getting thrown all the time.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If that's you in the video hooligan combo is a potential command grab mixup(?? is that the right name for it) so I think the only way to stop it in this game is to knock me out of the air. I kept not grabbing people or teching when I should of because I'm used to forward or roundhouse being throw commands in ST and I don't think they are for Cammy in XMvSF.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Is it a mixup or a 50/50 or what. You can either grab someone or cancel it or slide kick them.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ken and Roo are so cool in Xmen vs SF... Perhaps the most coolest they ever been in all the games with them.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Ken and Roo are so cool in Xmen vs SF... Perhaps the most coolest they ever been in all the games with them.

I mentioned it in the vidoe but Ken's air fireball animation is just ripped from ST Akuma which speaks new volumes abotu his potential power level.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Is it a mixup or a 50/50 or what. You can either grab someone or cancel it or slide kick them.

A mixup works. a 50/50 is when you can use two attacks with similar or identical start up frames but the final move is either an overhead or a low so the other guy has to just guess. like Nanase's dash.B/C, B is low and C is overhead but the first 3/4ths of the animation for both is identical. 50/50 arer eally good online because the other guy probably doesnt even have enough time to realistically react to them

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Wormskull posted:

If that's you in the video hooligan combo is a potential command grab mixup(?? is that the right name for it) so I think the only way to stop it in this game is to knock me out of the air. I kept not grabbing people or teching when I should of because I'm used to forward or roundhouse being throw commands in ST and I don't think they are for Cammy in XMvSF.

Ahh I didn't know it was a command grab. And yeah I dunno what the combination for grab is in xmvssf is.. I'm used to street fighter 4's mk/mp I think it was? Marvel might be the same but it's been years since I've played these games so I'm probably wrong

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

IdealFlaws posted:

Ahh I didn't know it was a command grab. And yeah I dunno what the combination for grab is in xmvssf is.. I'm used to street fighter 4's mk/mp I think it was? Marvel might be the same but it's been years since I've played these games so I'm probably wrong

It's forward MP when close. And you tech by doing it around the same as your opponent, the tech window felt really unforgiving in this

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
next game should be Power Instinct Matrimelee. it is pretty fun and sometimes there's a referee in the game that will hit you back.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Excited to get everyone on voice chat during the tournament to sing along with the incredible soundtrack.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
this game has wakuwaku7 controls and i love it

e: best controls i could find so far aside from this translated page here secret character codes

Yobgoblin fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Oct 5, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The next game is Power Instinct: Matrimelee btw. Just ignore yobgoblin

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

make it real bout fatal fury special or real bout fatal fury 2 instead imo

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
fatal fury special is really fun and not broken like matrimelee.

e: ur bible.

Yobgoblin fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Oct 7, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i played matrimele for 3 seconds and nearly puked and booted up Fatal Fury Special and this game is Godlike. Tjhis will be the next tourney, next Sunday!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Cheng Sinzan FTW.

• Locked thread