Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

dentist toy box posted:

I think he did it at spain last year and Valencia in 2012, Like nice job being a babby and loving up a steering wheel that costs more than my car.

Doesn't like Spaniards. For shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

GramCracker posted:

Caught the highlights, glad I slept.

Best part easily was VET’s car exploding on the parade lap. You couldn’t write it any better. :allears:

Don't you mean Kimi? Cos Vettel was able to finish the race, before the hilarious after race incident.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Why do F1 cars still have jacks for the driver radios? I thought these things were supposed to be the most advanced machinery in the world like iPhones???

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I'm imagining a series of pit board messages walking a driver through the car's Bluetooth settings and doing a pretty regular lol

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

dentist toy box posted:

I think he did it at spain last year and Valencia in 2012, Like nice job being a babby and loving up a steering wheel that costs more than my car.

I probably throw out more food each day than North Korea produces in a year, everything is relative.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Whitey Ford posted:

I probably throw out more food each day than North Korea produces in a year, everything is relative.

Thank you for the D&D update

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Why do F1 cars still have jacks for the driver radios? I thought these things were supposed to be the most advanced machinery in the world like iPhones???

They're held together with zip ties and 1000mph tape.. they're not production cars.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

willcrouch posted:

Did you not watch Singapore?

Over in 5 seconds and Hamilton leading the whole time isn't a fun race

Wirth1000 posted:

Wired is way more reliable than wireless dude

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Zaphod42 posted:

Wired is way more reliable than wireless dude

Ok, look, this myth has to die. You think a company with such a perfectionist culture would actually intentionally release some product that would be considered inferior? No, they wouldn't. The amount of money and R&D hours not to mention the sheer ability of their engineers made them quite confident that wired is not, in fact, worth poo poo. Apple is an entity that has transcended your usual "eat the rich corporate bullshit" garbage because they are a moral, integral force of cultural change and technological upheavel the likes of which have never before been seen in human history. One might surmise that Elon Musk is a Jesus-figure as well but it's too early to say while Steve Jobs certainly earned the title of "bigger than jesus" gently caress off, McCartney. So you can suck rear end in a top hat as I wirelessly deposit turds straight into your mouth.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Ok, look, this myth has to die. You think a company with such a perfectionist culture would actually intentionally release some product that would be considered inferior? No, they wouldn't. The amount of money and R&D hours not to mention the sheer ability of their engineers made them quite confident that wired is not, in fact, worth poo poo. Apple is an entity that has transcended your usual "eat the rich corporate bullshit" garbage because they are a moral, integral force of cultural change and technological upheavel the likes of which have never before been seen in human history. One might surmise that Elon Musk is a Jesus-figure as well but it's too early to say while Steve Jobs certainly earned the title of "bigger than jesus" gently caress off, McCartney. So you can suck rear end in a top hat as I wirelessly deposit turds straight into your mouth.

My friend, have I got a thread for you.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

wicka posted:

lmbo

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

I'm imagining a series of pit board messages walking a driver through the car's Bluetooth settings and doing a pretty regular lol

This already happens but with engine modes.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
Stroll Driver of the day

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Wirth1000 posted:

source your quotes lmao

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I passed out almost directly after getting back from the circuit, brought on by a low fever and a couple of screaming Spanish children next to me on the bus ride back. There's one person I'd like to congratulate on their performance yesterday, and I think you can all guess who that is: 2017 MWDC Pascal "Solid Boy" Wehrlein

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lance stroll and max verstappen loving sucks but at least that frog faced gently caress has won 2 races.

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?
I've been trying and trying and trying to catch up with the thread, but the more I tried the more the posts came in.
The more pages I trawled, the more Ferrari hosed up.
It became nigh on impossible to keep up with the trends and the memes and the news and the canon.

You've done it The Worst Thread. You've defeated me.

My glorious Scud Studs are now no more than Scarlet Harlots. I am shamed to be a Tifoso.

The shame continues for another year.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

aequalis posted:

I've been trying and trying and trying to catch up with the thread, but the more I tried the more the posts came in.
It became nigh on impossible to keep up with the trends and the memes and the news and the canon.

My glorious Scud Studs are now no more than Scarlet Harlots. I am shamed to be a Tifoso.

what the gently caress is this poo poo?
nice meltdown
delete this crap

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?
When they get rid of Kimi Failkonen and put in Charles LeClerc I'll be a very 'appy man. Until then, they need to weed out all of the frauds.

Or at least get their turbo/engine poo poo together WTH, two engine/turbo failures over the course of 24 hours is poo poo!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

aequalis posted:

This has been status quo for Ferrari since '85 outside of the Schumi years. Anybody could've seen this coming a million miles away.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I'll admit Seb put in a hell of a drive under lovely circumstances (the sign of true greatness), I was cheering for him until he made it up to threaten Dan. My prettier half is a tifosi but she has a crush on Kimi, not Seb, so she was disappointed from the start yesterday.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
After Seb, it seemed like the 2nd-43rd hardest working people on the grid were the flag and sign girls who had to stand there in the heat for ages holding the same pose

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Pirate Radar posted:

I'll admit Seb put in a hell of a drive under lovely circumstances (the sign of true greatness), I was cheering for him until he made it up to threaten Dan. My prettier half is a tifosi but she has a crush on Kimi, not Seb, so she was disappointed from the start yesterday.

He's had the pace to win the championship the past few races, but not going to happen being 34 points back.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

1500quidporsche posted:

He's had the pace to win the championship the past few races, but not going to happen being 34 points back.

Agreed. Barring (always possible) mechanical difficulties at Mercedes a la Malaysia '16, or some other incident where Max makes an aggressive move and it doesn't work out that time, Lewis probably has this one.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I am glad that Mercedes and Lewis are going to win the championships and not Vettel and Ferrari.

Very happy.

Remember Alonso's wise words: "I will only regret my move from Ferrari if Ferrari end up winning the championship."

I mean, I'm sure he regrets the gently caress out of his move right nwo for different reasons entirely but still.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

I am glad that Mercedes and Lewis are going to win the championships and not Vettel and Ferrari.

Very happy.

Remember Alonso's wise words: "I will only regret my move from Ferrari if Ferrari end up winning the championship."

I mean, I'm sure he regrets the gently caress out of his move right nwo for different reasons entirely but still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTlFyGwZvqA

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

wicka posted:

You're my hero

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Fa life

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

You Am I posted:

Don't you mean Kimi? Cos Vettel was able to finish the race, before the hilarious after race incident.

Nah, I mean Seb. His poo poo borked HARD at the end

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.
Love the new thread title, iospace

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Pic isn't accurate, steering wheel still in car :spergin:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

aequalis posted:

The here's a message to you Charlie radio, but with your unpronounceable name instead

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I very much enjoyed Ocon's radio conversations with his engineer treating him like a child

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
So when is Niki sabotaging Hamilton's engine this season? Those two WDCs with Ferrari weren't free.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Theophany posted:

So when is Niki sabotaging Hamilton's engine this season? Those two WDCs with Ferrari weren't free.

Neither was getting his face burnt off.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Theophany posted:

Nurburgring ´76

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Theophany posted:

What do you think he's been doing for the last two races? Even Lauda can't stop Ferrari from being Ferrari

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Maybe if Ferrari stop turning up to races all their poo poo will magically sort itself out. It's gotta be worth a try at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Phwooooar what a lad, can't wait to see him driving for the Scud one day.

What dedication, manages to finish 4th from dead last with only 3 wheels.

Phwooooar op when can I buy this lego kit to celebrate Sebs amazing drive.

What a driver op, big max ftw #ftw

• Locked thread