Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsZVnU5-qd0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

PCOS Bill posted:

Driving home from running some errands earlier I see reds and blues in the distance. As I get closer I see a body in the road with cops all standing around it, three cruisers lit up, and traffic backed up half a mile behind them.

loving TALL RAT got hit and didn't even have the decency to go flying off the road or hobble off half-dead, just became some inedible road venison.

I'm not familiar with that particular ethnic slur.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Raluek posted:

I'm not familiar with that particular ethnic slur.

My first thought was "holy poo poo, somebody hit a capybara?!" but then I figured he probably just meant a deer.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

My first thought was "holy poo poo, somebody hit a capybara?!" but then I figured he probably just meant a deer.

I actually thought "kangaroo maybe?" for a moment but then I remembered PCOS isn't from the land of convicts.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Also, venison

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
These are the people you share a parking lot with...

Seems that unfamiliar van I spotted parked at my apartment building really didn't belong there - missing plates and defced VIN. :siren: The missing plates suggest a methwagon, and the tweakers thinking the plates still aren't on a hotsheet.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
Pulled up on an impressive stack of reg stickers today, has to be 15+ on there. Hits me in all the right places.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That's impossible, no illinois plate could last 15 years without being rendered illegible by rust.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
My oldest plate is like that, though I use all the corners so I don't end up with one thick stack that peels on an old sticker and falls off

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
I peel off old stickers, it's therapeutic.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Saw this guy going 80 in the left lane. Wonder if they bent the frame? It was bent like one of those trucks that split from the frame rusting in half. No plates for the cherry on top.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
It's a Jeep thing I guess.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

These are the doucheice bags you share the road with.

Had an empty ice bags blow in front of my car at the last minute and I ended up hitting it head on. I looked in my review mirror but didn't spot the bag like I was hoping to expect. I was worried that it had stuck itself on my grille and potentially blocking the radiator or air intake or it could have caught on something underneath like the driveshaft or exhaust. Since the car drove and acted like normal, I just drove the 10 miles to the next rest stop. I pull into the parking lot, take a look around my car seeing nothing, and then looking underneath to see that drat thing somehow just barely attached to the plastic cladding beneath the engine. I go pull it out from underneath and comes out no trouble and didn't seem to have snagged on anything. Pretty astonished since I was doing around 80 during those 10 miles. Didn't think to take a picture of it underneath so I just threw it in the nearest waste bin.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
A friend of mine ruined the parts of the transfer case of his then nearly new TJ Rubicon, first year they came out. He ran over a piece of chicken wire at highway speeds and it got caught on the rear driveshaft, wrapped itself all around it and then rode up into the transfer case.
The shop was amazed.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

I was on 101S in SF and some truck let about 100 plastic grocery bags go right in front of me. My destination was only another mile so I just stopped then and one of the bags had melted itself onto my exhaust. I ended up having to chip it off with a screwdriver and even then my car still smelled like a hot glue gun every time it got hot for a month.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I can't remember what I was driving at the time since this was probably late 90s, but it was pretty low to the ground, one night I was doing a completely reasonable speed and saw what looked like a dead rat in the road, so I just kept going because meh, won't hurt anything.

SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

until I got off to the shoulder and backed off it. Turns out it was half a widowmaker jack laying at just the right angle to catch my lower control arm and get dragged along.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

PCOS Bill posted:

I can't remember what I was driving at the time since this was probably late 90s, but it was pretty low to the ground, one night I was doing a completely reasonable speed and saw what looked like a dead rat in the road, so I just kept going because meh, won't hurt anything.

SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

until I got off to the shoulder and backed off it. Turns out it was half a widowmaker jack laying at just the right angle to catch my lower control arm and get dragged along.

Hermaphrodite
Oct 2, 2004

Luckily, I CAN go fuck myself!
Working for Firestone in the late 80's had some guy come in with a plastic bag wrapped around his driveshaft that ended up getting destroying his rear pinion seal. I wouldn't let our guys touch it because they hosed up the same seal in my Chevelle a week earlier :cry:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

I was on 101S in SF and some truck let about 100 plastic grocery bags go right in front of me. My destination was only another mile so I just stopped then and one of the bags had melted itself onto my exhaust. I ended up having to chip it off with a screwdriver and even then my car still smelled like a hot glue gun every time it got hot for a month.

Hasn't SF been free of plastic grocery bags for like a decade?

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
Low on action, but I can't remember the last time I saw somebody just run out of gas mid-journey (he's carrying a jerry can thing). Not the worst place to stop - if he was going the other way he could have coasted to the nearest station!

(full size)

(edit: trying to make it smaller)

uvar fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Oct 3, 2017

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

A small one, by standards of this thread.

Driving home from work tonight, after midnight on the interstate (three lanes each way). I'm a little ways behind a semi, in the center lane. The semi driver puts on his left blinker, then very calmly changes lanes to the right. Soon after, he puts on his left blinker again as he moves right into an exit lane.

A professional truck driver who never learned which way the turn signals go. :psyduck:

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Powered Descent posted:

A small one, by standards of this thread.

Driving home from work tonight, after midnight on the interstate (three lanes each way). I'm a little ways behind a semi, in the center lane. The semi driver puts on his left blinker, then very calmly changes lanes to the right. Soon after, he puts on his left blinker again as he moves right into an exit lane.

A professional truck driver who never learned which way the turn signals go. :psyduck:

hosed up wiring harness. The cab blinks right, the trailer blinks left.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I'm 99% into completing my reasonable and signaled lane change on the 405 when some jackass in a Lexus SUV the next lane over decides to cut hard left without looking so he could change lanes and maybe get one carlength ahead. I was pretty much right next to him and not in a blind spot zone so if he wasn't a jackass in a Lexus SUV he should have seen me. I had to brake impossibly hard and barely avoided getting sideswiped.

gently caress California drivers, I just want to get to where I'm going, I'm not trying to compete my way to death on the freeway.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

Saw this guy going 80 in the left lane. Wonder if they bent the frame? It was bent like one of those trucks that split from the frame rusting in half. No plates for the cherry on top.

I'm pretty sure the ZJ Grand Cherokees were the same kind of partial unibody as the XJ Cherokees, where there are subframes supporting the drivetrain bits at both ends but the middle is unibody. That might explain the weird way it's failed.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

This genius did one of those "oh gently caress I wanted to turn here!!" stunts in 45 mph traffic where they dropped anchor and cut lanes, instead of driving one block to the next stop light and doing a u-turn or something. Like three cars behind them had screeching tires trying to avoid ramming each other.

Then because it's a left on green only, they got stuck there for a full cycle in the middle of the goddamn intersection.

When I drove by the driver was doing their best :ughh: don't look at me pose. Doesn't make 'em less stupid but at least they felt some shame for what they did.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Raluek posted:

Hasn't SF been free of plastic grocery bags for like a decade?

SF yeah, but the rest of the bay area still has tons of them. Usually you just get charged 10 cents for one. I don't know why he had so many plastic bags, just that there was an inescapable minefield of them covering every single lane. This was like three years ago.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
Ready to have your blood boil? New dash cam owners of Australia is up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEVoMVBJ_VY

LongSack
Jan 17, 2003

Tarantula posted:

Ready to have your blood boil? New dash cam owners of Australia is up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEVoMVBJ_VY

Love the opening bit. Last weekend I was out for a drive, and got stuck behind a dozen horse-drawn ... well not carriages, but these things that carry 6 - 10 people. A dozen of them on a winding 2-lane road, with them averaging somewhere around 2 mph. And the idiot in the last carriage kept motioning for me to pass them, like I'm going to try to pass 12 vehicles in a no passing zone with limited sight lines. Took almost 30 minutes before we came to a spot where I could finally safely pass.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I can't even wrap my head around this one.

From the China thread:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

[quote="“Gorilla Salad”" post="“477075567”"]
I can’t even wrap my head around this one.

From the China thread:
[/quote]

At first I thought he was in an alley and trying to turn around but nope... dude's just got places to be :stare:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
This (empty) car transporter caught a car-sharing smart car with its right back corner directly in front of me. Both cars continued merrily on their respective ways.

:confused:

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

Reminds me of the time I mistook some roadkill for a mound of red clay dirt and ran straight over it (after all, the semi in front of me made it just fine, why not m...THUMP!). Bent a muffler and knocked the transmission out of gear. Coasted into an open gas station thinking I had screwed up the transmission. Took about 15 minutes to get my poo poo together and make sure everything was okay.

The entire underside of the car smelled like dead dog for the next month and a half.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

wayfinder posted:

This (empty) car transporter caught a car-sharing smart car with its right back corner directly in front of me. Both cars continued merrily on their respective ways.

:confused:

I saw a smart car on the highway the other day which almost caused a dozen accidents because it was doing 60 in a 100 zone. I know those horrible little abortions can go 100kph, so god only knows why this particular idiot was doing almost half that in heavy traffic.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Gorilla Salad posted:

I saw a smart car on the highway the other day which almost caused a dozen accidents because it was doing 60 in a 100 zone. I know those horrible little abortions can go 100kph, so god only knows why this particular idiot was doing almost half that in heavy traffic.

Well you have to imagine anyone driving a smart car is already a few fries short of a happy meal.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
The truly horrifying thing is people drive them in the winter up here.

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
When I lived in California, I saw a convertible Smart Car with what looked a child stroller poking out. Might have just been the top?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Why get a Smart when there are dozens of modern, safe commuter car models on CL for less than $1-3k?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Why get a Smart when there are dozens of modern, safe commuter car models on CL for less than $1-3k?

Because you don't know better or value cuteness over everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

I talked my friend out of buying a smart car recently. It took me 6 months. Instead she bought a used mini Cooper s turbo ALL4 with a double digit interest rate and is proceeding to cover it with "cute" stickers, like one that makes it look like it's wearing a belt or some poo poo. I also tried talking her out of every component of that sentence.

I'll take the victory I guess.