Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

Bloodborne can't be perfect because I :qq: CAN'T loving PLAY IT :qq:

Also its online is garbage.

Bloodborne is perfect because it lets me select "play offline" on the main menu. Also because it's really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

an actual dog posted:

The perfect game is Picross 3D Round 2

You know... this is true

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I'm probably too critical to consider anything a perfect game, even for me. The thing that would come the closest is probably part of the Kirby series though.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Okami would probably be my perfect game because I like everything about it, including the stuff other people complain about. I like the opening story, I like Issun, I like the combat and I like how long the game goes on.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
god drat it i wish i had not left my phone at home (to take a pic of this)!!!!!!

i just walked down to the store to see my wife and get some beer, and walking out i saw a really nice new black car. "coo, coo coo coo" i thought, then i noticed it had a sticker on the side that said "to enslave and serve", which, okay, really into S&M but i am not in a position to judge that.

then i noticed it had a Decepticon thing in place of the car's make/model. lol.

THEN i noticed the license plate. "SHKWAVE"

i... i think michael bay is in san diego tonight

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Why have you turned into a bird in this story

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

glam rock hamhock posted:

Okami would probably be my perfect game because I like everything about it, including the stuff other people complain about. I like the opening story, I like Issun, I like the combat and I like how long the game goes on.

16 year old me playing okami when it first came out: Man it sucks that this game is about to end. *Actually there's another great evil in this OTHER giant area to explore and do great fun zelda stuff in.*

repeat this four times.

Okami rules.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

precision posted:

perfect game

HexCells

Hell yeah; the only flaw in Hexcells is that there aren't more of them

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

Hell yeah; the only flaw in Hexcells is that there aren't more of them

Hmm... have you heard of this word, 'Infinite'? :D

I know, the random ones aren't really as good as the premade ones.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
I guess there are more games that spoke to me than I originally thought. But two of my top picks are the original Rez and Populous: The Beginning. I explored the poo poo out of everything those titles offered.

e: my spoopy name is POOL IS BLOOD

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

VideoGames posted:

Hello chat thread! As it is now October, I can ask my question that I really hope to hear your answers to.

What is your perfect game, and why?

Not favourite game, but perfect game. (Unless your favourite is perfect!).

Mine is Portal2.
Everything about it is made for me. The game is my level of difficult, my level of engaging storyline and humour. I love the way the tale unfolds and how much of it does. I love that is treats me intelligently. I love the voice acting (Stephen Merchant is inspired and one of my favourite comedians) and feel it is pitch perfectly delivered. I love the structure of the story and the end and I just cannot stop loving on it. I love the music!

I thought the first portal was fine. Not astounding, but great fun and a nice little diversion.

Portal2 sang to me as someone who enjoys video games. It just causes me to gush. I've even sent gushing emails to some of the people who worked on it!

Probably Super Metroid although Furi is way up there for me. It does one thing and it does that thing to near perfection.

e: going to throw SMT Nocturne in there as well

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Moon Monster posted:

Bloodborne is perfect because it lets me select "play offline" on the main menu. Also because it's really good.

it's not on pc

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Looper posted:

it's not on pc

The extra dollop of nerd rage that completes the dish

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
okami is going to be on pc in two months, making it perfect

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Bloodborne is on PC if you buy it on PS4 and then stream it to your PC :downs:

edit: For real though gently caress exclusivity deals they're so irredeemably lovely

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

The Colonel posted:

okami is going to be on pc in two months, making it perfect

You have no idea how happy that made me. Now all that's left on my 'best games as a teen' to be on pc is Jet Set Radio Future.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

The Moon Monster posted:

How can you play a From game without inspiring skeleton messages though

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Kirby don't bully Poppy Jr. he tries his hardest

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

The Moon Monster posted:

I actually liked it better when I finally turned it online because the goofy messages alleviated how humorless and bleak of a setting it is :cthulhu:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Kirby can talk?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Scalding Coffee posted:

Kirby can talk?

Only in that one SNES puzzle game.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Scalding Coffee posted:

Kirby can talk?

yes and he's a destructive, nihilistic prick just like winnie-the-pooh

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

punk's not dead

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Kirby's Avalanche features a snarky-rear end Kirby.

It also features the correct voices for Squishy, Bugzzy, Heavy Mole and Meta Knight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOAxM1gqbrg

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i've figured out what everyone has to play this october

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

The Colonel posted:

As usual that is WAY better than the US boxart.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
that's why i posted it lol

honestly though mr. bones probably isn't worth like, playing, but watch a playthrough at least because holy poo poo not only are the cutscenes all loving amazing even in context but the gameplay is such a bizarre mess, in a way that actually rules because it starts off really standard and gets increasingly more experimental and confusing

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

My perfect game is journey

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

The Colonel posted:

that's why i posted it lol

honestly though mr. bones probably isn't worth like, playing, but watch a playthrough at least because holy poo poo not only are the cutscenes all loving amazing even in context but the gameplay is such a bizarre mess, in a way that actually rules because it starts off really standard and gets increasingly more experimental and confusing

lol. I would say it would be worth playing IF it was easy to emulate or easy to find a copy. I'll deffo agree with you on watching a playthrough of it :)

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'm just amazed that there is a real game that was sold in stores called Mr. Bones.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Fat Worm Blows a Sparky

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

My spooky name is Odead!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

The Colonel posted:

That looks like a wild ride!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The Colonel posted:

i watched the longplay... what the gently caress...

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
If mr bones is the game I'm thinking about it's got an fmv with a humorous musical number but idk

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Will never get tired of laughing about how much of a dick Kirby is in Kirby's Avalanche

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

The perfect game for me? Ugh, there is so many of them. World of Warcraft circa Mists of Panderia was loving incredible for me. Though a lot had to do with the constant online interaction I had with my guild. The World Ends With You is also amazing. I love everything about that game, though it is brought down because 100% is super tedious. My definitive choice would probably be Majora's Mask. There are so many great things about that game and it not only remains my favorite Zelda game but my favorite game of all time. I think everying MM sets out to do is executed flawlessly.

• Locked thread