Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

The hundreds dead and injured as a country concert is going to be very alarming, this is an insanely bloody attack and I don't think it will blow over.

is it possible for a forums comment to be ratioed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Fallen Hamprince posted:

if only someone in that crowd had had a high-powered sniper rifle and a night-vision scope. clearly over-restrictive gun laws are to blame.

*barret 50 cal rights*

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide
"this is just America 2017 as we see another mass shooting occur in Vegas" NBC is woke

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

zen death robot posted:

that's obviously the worst thing about this

what the gently caress is wrong with you

welcome to cspam on the comedy forum where things may not be posted in earnest

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Lessail posted:

The Tweet will define the narrative

Ingrates getting shot at a concert want everything to be done for them. Thank you, LVPD! Make America Safe Again! That is Why You STAND for Flag!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The most that will come out of this is someone will call the victims crisis actors and start harassing the grieving families. Our country is completely hosed in the head

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Third World Reggin posted:

I think the real shame here is back before iphones you would have some great still photography that would help define events

now we got lovely phones held the wrong way of some dude running off stage and that isn't gonna mean poo poo

carrying a camera around at all times while not expressly doing so for taking photographs is a pain in the rear end

no sympathy for vertical vids tho, they can take a shiety vid of a fkn bullet for allicare

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

like you used to have so few photos back then you had one that became iconic

now you got 50 different live streams

also lol at this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuBcdiZBVn8

it is like you are shooting hitler in the nuts but now from a clock tower

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I think the real shame here is back before iphones you would have some great still photography that would help define events

now we got lovely phones held the wrong way of some dude running off stage and that isn't gonna mean poo poo

gently caress that guy. not for what he did but for the inevitable instagram response.
:goonsay:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Augus posted:

The most that will come out of this is someone will call the victims crisis actors and start harassing the grieving families. Our country is completely hosed in the head

love 2 see the empire collapse from the inside

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

zen death robot posted:

don't welcome me here dipshit

hey zdr can you fix the menu thing its really annoying tia

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

zen death robot posted:

the real shame here is that we didn't get really good still photos of bodies and whatever - totally normal person

sir this is america

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Phone posted:

love 2 see the empire collapse from the inside

it's like Rome but more boring. when do we get to sack New York and DC?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Vertical Lime posted:

trump must be so loving happy puerto rico is wiped off the headlines

not muslim, guns related, i doubt he cares much for this either

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

historically inaccurate

hitler only had one bean in his bag

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
also the press photos that have been surfacing are quite good

Must be the lighting.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

But seriously where's they loving tweet

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Agrajag posted:

does anyone have a summary of what the hell is going on?

old dude shot a bunch of people in Vegas, no manifesto as yet, everything you read from anyone else is going to be sourced direct from their rear end/4chan you pick which one is worse
also a bunch of people think it's a false flag (elsewhere, presumably nobody on SA is dumb enough) with multiple shooters, military trained kill teams, or something even dumb
in short
nobody knows much

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
"World is a crazy place at the m. Travel ban makes a lot of sense. Good work...

By the First Rs and police in Las Vegas saved many lives despite tragedy! #Thanks!"

could also be a possible double tweet here

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

zen death robot posted:

talk to Lowtax he's the one loving with it

man thats a lot of effort i guess ill just hope he reads cspam and sees my complaint

thx tho :)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

zen death robot posted:

the real shame here is that we didn't get really good still photos of bodies and whatever - totally normal person

Yeah, I don't think that there were news photographers everywhere before phones were a thing, so it's not like everything that gets photographed today would have also been photographed, but better.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Lastgirl posted:

Ingrates getting shot at a concert want everything to be done for them. Thank you, LVPD! Make America Safe Again! That is Why You STAND for Flag!

*crumples under the cripling debt of medical bills incurred from a mass shooting event*

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
like someone at a Jason Aldean show is gonna be concerned about fkn F stops while downwind from machine gun fire

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

zen death robot posted:

that's obviously the worst thing about this

what the gently caress is wrong with you

Photos of Tragedy and Mass Death were... *takes long drag of cigarette* just so pure. So distilled, very classy, obviously taken by professionals to really gather its defining essence.

Now all we get is McDonalds packaged cheapass vertical filming plebs mass produced events of tragedies at multiple angles, making it look like a surreal home video to be submitted on Bob Sagat's Videodrome

*ashes cigarette*

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
the real victim is me because i can't say the magic words

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

But seriously where's they loving tweet

he was up late last night dedicating american's golf cup to pr

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Kurtofan posted:

the real victim is me because i can't say the magic words

joe walsh is that u?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

zen death robot posted:

seems insane that someone can hit that many people from that high up/far away regardless of the fact that it was a full auto

accuracy through volume

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
oh hope you bought gun and home defense type stocks

theres gonna be a spike up when markets open lmao

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Agrajag posted:

the eff whats up with comments sections everywhere saying it was antifa

the internet is full of nazis my dude
seriously, it's an alternate space that is really easy to fill up with false information

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

zen death robot posted:

seems insane that someone can hit that many people from that high up/far away regardless of the fact that it was a full auto

i played xcom 2 so i understand that height = more accuracy

being a gamer comes in handy in real world situations once again :cool:

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Mariana Horchata posted:

also the press photos that have been surfacing are quite good

Must be the lighting.

there was a professional photographer at the concert, the Getty images for it is a bunch of pics of happy singing country starts abruptly transitioning to fleeing concertgoers and bloody bodies

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Kurtofan posted:

not muslim, guns related, i doubt he cares much for this either

anti fa

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

now everyone will indeed forget about puerto rico

tough poo poo

Agrajag posted:

oh hope you bought gun and home defense type stocks

they needed this

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

zen death robot posted:

People were packed in pretty tight, so as long as the bullets got there, they were going to hit somebody. Maybe several somebodies.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

honestly, what they did was better because it led to him going on hunger strike because they only let him play E-rated PS2 games while the other inmates got to play call of duty on PS3

Actually I take that back because that is loving hilarious

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

zen death robot posted:

m8 they blow up whole villages with drones from miles in the sky, just be thankful he didn't have one of those

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

zen death robot posted:

yeah it's more that I want it to be harder than it was obviously, it's hard to think one person could do that but welp

pretty sure that literally what the modern military does

just lay down a gently caress load of fire on the target

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

zen death robot posted:

as someone in the gbs thread being fired upon from someone far away and high up is so different to normal that people were probably lying the entire time not realising it instead of running

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Augus posted:

Nah, this was a MAGA concert for MAGA chuds

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread