Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I wanted to say thank you to whoever has the swole Lancer Liz with absurd hat and many grails, she has been invaluable in farming feathers.

e: Tpasta, whoever you are

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Oct 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
David is pretty cool. He seems like a less powerful Robin Hood so far from what I've tried out, but I've only 1st Ascended him.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Thank you Cat interlude quest for dumping 4(!) Claws of Chaos on me, thus letting me finally ascend both Martha and Cu.

Not to mention giving me a fun outing with my crazy cat fox maid. Oh you silly cat, you can't eat Asterios :3:

a kitten fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Oct 2, 2017

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

a kitten posted:

Thank you Cat interlude quest for dumping 4(!) Claws of Chaos on me, thus letting me finally ascend both Martha and Cu.

Not to mention giving me a fun outing with my crazy cat fox maid. Oh you silly cat, you can't eat Astorios :3:

Did that today as well. Shepherd David keeps some very interesting "sheep".

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Speaking of interludes, I was already dreading farming up Snake Jewels to get Orion's third ascension, but her (I know Orion is the bear, but she pretended to be Orion at first too and it's just easier this way!) interlude dropped 7 of them, so not only did I get to ascend her, but I still have leftover Jewels for Euryale. By the time Camelot comes around, I want to have both maxed so I can faceroll through the male Sabers in there.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Gologle posted:

Even one Liz is 1 too many. Saber I'm fine with, but Liz is a dumb reptile person because idols are weird and kind of gross tbh.

What the gently caress I thought this thread was a safe place.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Galaga Galaxian posted:

That's just what sheep looked like in biblical times.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Endorph posted:

babbage's main issue is that his attack stat is absolutely pitiful and while his np damage is decent due to his skills he'll never do anything with his actual cards

edit: also lancer liz is way better than caster liz because lancer liz has way better skills and doesnt suffer the caster damage penalty.

Caster Liz has stars per turn + self heal, +50% Buster, and stars on demand + guts.
Lancer Liz has charisma (+double on girls), def down and guts.

How the hell does Lancer Liz have better skills than Caster Liz?

The only thing holding her back is her class, she's got a pretty great kit otherwise. Survivability, damage boost, even a bit of support in stars per turn.

W.T. Fits posted:

Is Caster Liz still from the time period where the design mindset was "we don't want the free Servants to be good because then people won't waste money chasing OP Servants from the gacha"?

On a semi-related note, do we ever get more chances at Saber Lily or is she forever doomed to be stuck with Caliburn at NP 1?

Saber Wars will show up and give out 5 copies of Lily. What you choose to do with the 6th is your choice.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kyte posted:

Caster Liz has stars per turn + self heal, +50% Buster, and stars on demand + guts.
Lancer Liz has charisma (+double on girls), def down and guts.

here's math:

Lancer Liz: +40% attack to party for three turns + 20% defense down on a boss for three turns = +60% damage to party for three turns
Caster Liz: +50% Buster on herself, a servant with one buster card and a buster np, for one turn = at most, two attacks with +50% damage.

i dont think two attacks with +50% damage coming from a servant that cant even do a buster brave chain and an attack stat that, in practice, rivals the earthshaking might of leonidas or perhaps even romulus, is going to set the world on fire

self heal is garbage, they both have guts, 8 crit stars isnt that much, 12 stars per turn is decent but not more than the damage boost lancer liz is giving out

Endorph fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Oct 2, 2017

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Kyte posted:

She has the most useful Charisma skill in the game, tied with Merlin, and overall is one of the best damage-enabling supports in the game?

Anyway, Caster Liz is the first truly useful welfare, but most people will probably find her outpaced ultimately; for my money, I think Nursery Rhyme and (much later) Caster Nero do her job of big waveclear better and have other tricks they can use to be more relevant outside of just their NP. Still, London throws a loving lot of Assassin waves at you, so she'll get mileage from that, at least.

Now, Santa Alter...

well, we'll talk about that in a month or two.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Compendium posted:

A cursed post that will drat us with more saber faces

Looking forward to the influx of Altera faces.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

SpaceDrake posted:

Anyway, Caster Liz is the first truly useful welfare

uh isn't she just the first welfare period (unless you want to count servants you'd have at NP3~5 within a few months even if they weren't awarded freely)

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Space Flower posted:

uh isn't she just the first welfare period (unless you want to count servants you'd have at NP3~5 within a few months even if they weren't awarded freely)

Saber Lily, strictly speaking, is a welfare. Her first "event period" was the launch of the game.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Got a little drunk tonight and used all my free quartz. I got Waver so I don't think I learned a lesson here beyond roll when it feels right.

In the past three days I've gotten Drake and Waver. I'm not going to complain for a long while.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Oct 2, 2017

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

a kitten posted:

Not to mention giving me a fun outing with my crazy cat fox maid. Oh you silly cat, you can't eat Asterios :3:

Sophism posted:

Speaking of interludes, I was already dreading farming up Snake Jewels to get Orion's third ascension, but her (I know Orion is the bear, but she pretended to be Orion at first too and it's just easier this way!) interlude dropped 7 of them, so not only did I get to ascend her, but I still have leftover Jewels for Euryale. By the time Camelot comes around, I want to have both maxed so I can faceroll through the male Sabers in there.
Both of these interludes are like Teach's, in that they have guaranteed mat drops as part of the story.

I really wish there was a list of which interludes are also like this, but every response I've ever gotten has been "well you should just ascend/bond everyone and find out!" as if I were made out of gold XP cards.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Both of these interludes are like Teach's, in that they have guaranteed mat drops as part of the story.

I really wish there was a list of which interludes are also like this, but every response I've ever gotten has been "well you should just ascend/bond everyone and find out!" as if I were made out of gold XP cards.

I'm not aware of any others beyond those three. But of course you should still be doing almost every interlude because quartz is quartz.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
For me at least, realistically speaking I am never going to do Shakesepare's, Phantom of the Opera's, and probably a few others' interludes because the 0.57 cents or so their single quartz are worth are honestly just not worth the XP cards needed to get there and the AP needed to get said cards (and pieces).

Mats are a completely different story, for obvious reasons. E: And any interludes that boost NP damage or add skills.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Oct 2, 2017

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Caster Liz is superior simply because she can oneshot hands in ember dailies with her Buster Up + NP5. Lancer Liz can't, especially not at NP1.
Lancer Liz' support works well with Raikou and Jeanne Alter, since they are the two big female Buster damage dealer, with male servants she isn't nearly as good and with arts damage dealers I'd probably prefer Caster Liz, since those crits allow you to NP much more often.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Btw, does anyone remember when we got the three outfits (switcheroo suit, mage uniform and whatever)?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Wuxi posted:

Btw, does anyone remember when we got the three outfits (switcheroo suit, mage uniform and whatever)?

London chapter release.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

Aw. I thought I briefly had fabulous luck. :(

That is pretty cool though, and while knowing would be nice I kinda liked the surprise of it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I finally got a 5* on the merlin banner and it was artoria, i want to die

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Doing every interlude is not impossible. Progress just takes time.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Compendium posted:

Doing every interlude is not impossible. Progress just takes time.

Not even that much time, since there aren't many interludes above 1st ascension right now. I'd unlocked and completed all my outstanding interludes before Okeanos released and I should be caught up again in a week or so.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

NRVNQSR posted:

Not even that much time, since there aren't many interludes above 1st ascension right now. I'd unlocked and completed all my outstanding interludes before Okeanos released and I should be caught up again in a week or so.

I'm only missing Hektor, Euryale and 3rd Waver (because Gears :argh: ) myself.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Every time I look at the 2 Gears I'm missing for Waver's third Ascension and look back at my 3rd Ascended REGEND I want to die.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
Honestly feels good having Hans as my only caster to worry about for a while.

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

david being thrown in with lions is more likely the reference

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I'm almost certain you're thinking of Daniel, but it has admittedly been a while since I've read my Bible.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Suicide Pacmen posted:

david being thrown in with lions is more likely the reference

That's Daniel, champ.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah, David specifically mentions his flock and how he's defending it from TamaCat who is looking for some fun and food.

She's only gonna eat one ya big baby, god.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
When it says 'Ascension Materials' does it only mean pieces/monuments or do the new dailies give out the other stuff like fangs/bones/claws too?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Pierson posted:

When it says 'Ascension Materials' does it only mean pieces/monuments or do the new dailies give out the other stuff like fangs/bones/claws too?

They give out statues, ascension mats, and skill gems.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yeah but what I'm saying is does 'ascension material' include stuff that isn't statues and monuments?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Yes, they will include other materials such as bones, Chaos Claws, Hearts, etc.

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!

Gloomy Rube posted:

That's Daniel, champ.

GOD DAMMIT

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Pureauthor posted:

Yes, they will include other materials such as bones, Chaos Claws, Hearts, etc.
Hell fuckin' yeah.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
But Demon Hearts will still only be available once per week :shepicide:

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I spent 60 stars and 10 single draw cards and made out with two ship CEs, 2 of the 4* event CEs, 2 Hectors, 2 Davids and a Drake. I have 30 stars left. Should I spend them now or save them for the Halloween event? Are there any other Servants from the event that are worth trying for? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Revolver Bunker posted:

I spent 60 stars and 10 single draw cards and made out with two ship CEs, 2 of the 4* event CEs, 2 Hectors, 2 Davids and a Drake. I have 30 stars left. Should I spend them now or save them for the Halloween event? Are there any other Servants from the event that are worth trying for? :ohdear:
The only servant added and on rate-up during Halloween is Tamamo. Tamamo is very good but she's purely support for a specific kind of terms (arts) so if you don't have any good arts servants or dont want to build an arts team she's skippable. If you want an arts team she's basically mandatory.