Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Ugh I guess PC revenants are tied to having PS plus. If only it was actually worth 50/year. No easy upgrades for me any more I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Seen the abyss hit at least 188. poo poo, can't wait till this shift is over. Game making me tingly again.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So I need to reformat my character if I want to survive in WOTW. What is a good starter build for WOTW?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Fat_Cow posted:

So I need to reformat my character if I want to survive in WOTW. What is a good starter build for WOTW?

I practically started over by selling all of my excess gear and just replacing my currently equipped items with Ethereal drops as I got them. You don't necessarily need a specific build.

One thing I will say though, if you farm the Hanzo dojo mission for an Ethereal Iga Ninja piece, hang on to that because it makes your Living Weapon recharge your Ninjutsu including Quick Change Scrolls, giving you nearly unlimited supply of revives when combined with Saorse's Living Weapon Triangle + Circle attack or Extraction Talisman

Onmyo's elemental shots for inflicting Confuse are as useful as ever so use those liberally against strong enemies and bosses.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
There's now a game setting that let's you spawn enemy revenants with their refashioned items. That's pretty cool.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Hayabusa set isn't kidding about unlimited shuriken causing minimal damage - 4k damage dropped to 10, hahaha. Still tempted to go for the full 7 piece regardless. Assume the music in his fight is from Ninja Gaiden as well?

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!

poptart_fairy posted:

Hayabusa set isn't kidding about unlimited shuriken causing minimal damage - 4k damage dropped to 10, hahaha. Still tempted to go for the full 7 piece regardless. Assume the music in his fight is from Ninja Gaiden as well?
Yep, specifically Ninja Gaiden II, the boss theme that plays when you fight Genshin.

There is also a little fanfare that plays when you beat him that I didn't recognize, but I'm guessing it's something from the original NES trilogy.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I got his full set and the head drop thing, so I'm definitely ready for Nioh difficulty. :black101:

Levels 15 to 20 of the Abyss seem to be where rewards and difficulty sky rocket. At that point you really need to start clearing optional floors to get rid of those boss buffs.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

WaltherFeng posted:

Onmyo's elemental shots for inflicting Confuse are as useful as ever so use those liberally against strong enemies and bosses.

What inflicts confuse? I read the entire omnyo skill tree last night and couldn't find anything

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It's also known as Discord depending on your region. When two elemental status effects fully build up one one target, their ki is completely drained, they lose stagger protection and take extra damage.

Requires set up but obliterates when done right.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Oh I thought they added a new status ailment, thanks for clearing that up. I'm just using sloth talismans since those seem the same as when I was using them in the base game and make bosses a cinch

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Sloth is still really strong. Higher difficulties shorten its duration, but the breathing room is invaluable.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
So the 8 extra quickslots didn't make it did they?

vvv Ah thanks.

DatonKallandor fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Sep 28, 2017

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
They did actually. You have to go to Tome and buy it with patronage points.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Is...is the Onmoraki using public domain elephant noises?

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Yes

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Izuna drop is amazing. Got a couple messages through the Torii gate after suplexing Kelly. :allears:

Hayabusa 7 piece is great, but the trade off with shurikens isn't worth it I don't think. Much better going for the 5 piece bonus and another set. A shame, as the pimped out change it makes to your sword looks great.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
the first main mission of dlc 2 is probably the worst designed stage so far

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah. Decent idea but it feels too fiddly rather than challenging.

They abandoned stuff like that for DLC 3.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
I'm at that one right now and yeah it's kind of a pain. The enemy cannon that destroys the arrow cover is too much - without that it would be a neat gimmick probably. With it, it's just horrendous.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah neat idea, poor execution. What you're 'supposed' to do is bomb the first arrow tower, skip the 2nd and use your other cannonball to take out the 3rd. After that you can easily grab a 3rd cannonball next to the 3rd cannon and go back to the 2nd cannon to stop the bombardment completely. But if you don't know all that going in you're going to have a bad time. I will say baiting big enemies into cannon fire is pretty fun tho...

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
OK, so izuna drop is hilarious. It replaces the single sword grapple ability, but knocks the enemy out long enough for you to perform the quick draw charge attack, then finish off with a killing blow.

Impractical for most fights sure, but with paralysis mines the likes of Mariobashi become cakewalks even on Way of the Nioh.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Ladies, please control yourselves, there's enough of my prowess to go around.

:pervert:

But man, what a great game. I really enjoyed how a ton of those final DLC missions were last hoorahs of the various characters, and how a lot of the dialogue and story was very final - you've come a long way from the beginning, beaten up literally everything in Japan, and now you're retiring from dumb warfare to protect innocent people from the shadows. That I've done this all as Tomei makes it absolutely hilarious.

The Abyss is going to keep me hooked for a long while, as is Way of the Nioh.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
https://twitter.com/KoeiTecmoUS/status/914837276374441984

Nioh coming to PC

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
N-no...my trophies... :negative:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
thanks for beta testing :D

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Holy goddamn poo poo

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
100GB, just unde twice the PS4 install.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Minrad posted:

thanks for beta testing :D
as long as the xbone doesnt get it, i am unperturbed

now that i think about it this is koei so it will probably run poo poo on pc. plus all the hacking in multiplayer

Relin fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Oct 2, 2017

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LooooooooL

This is Amazing! What a slam dunk this will be.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Monkey's Paw curls a digit:

"The PC version will include two visual presentation modes: Action Mode, which aims for a stable 60 fps frame rate, and Movie Mode, a “cinematic” option with a 4K display resolution. Koei Tecmo's note to press suggests you can't deviate from either of these two modes, no matter how powerful your PC."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-02-nioh-confirmed-for-pc-out-november-via-steam

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

How much you want to bet the PC version doesn't even have graphics options?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

People are gonna hack the hell out of the clan battle feature and make impossible revenants.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!
Really, the biggest issue I see already with this port is they missed their opportunity to call it Nioh Black.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I guess I shouldn't be surprised it's coming to PC. It was touted as a PS4 exclusive but I noticed the box doesn't say "Only on Playstation" like every other exclusive does.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Looking at that install size makes me kinda glad I already have it on ps4.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Boogalo posted:

Looking at that install size makes me kinda glad I already have it on ps4.

The port may be really really bad. I hope not so more people can play this game but very few japanese studios don't gently caress up PC ports.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

It'd take me two months to download it if I didn't want to exceed my cap, but if I wanted to use the internet for anything else during that time I'd probably need to up it to three

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

As someone who hasn't played this since February, have they changed/patched this game in a major way since then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Andrast posted:

As someone who hasn't played this since February, have they changed/patched this game in a major way since then?

Uh yes plus 3 DLCs