Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Not really, we have definitive proof that if this was done nearly a decade ago it would not be controversial, in fact it would be a huge hit. Because Foster the People did this first and they did it better: https://youtu.be/rnO-MflYxCw

Also, holy gently caress 50 people are dead and we're never going to get reasonable gun laws passed in this country gently caress.

The second amendment will get repealed before any gun laws get passed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

duz posted:

The second amendment will get repealed before any gun laws get passed.

A repeal of the second amendment is a precondition to passing any sort of gun law since it was established (by Scalia IIRC) that the "well regulated militia" bit was just nonsensical flourish that had no logical connection to the rest of the text and provided no useful context for framing the extent of the right to bear arms.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I don't feel like reading back 40000 pages so I'll just ask here: why is this in the political cartoons thread?

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
I think Hillary might become a boogeyman for the right to rival Soros and AL Gore combined at this rate.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Jerry Cotton posted:

I don't feel like reading back 40000 pages so I'll just ask here: why is this in the political cartoons thread?

Would you do me a favor and also ask about DbD and make a DEBT joke, I need to fill out this bingo card.

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

I'm still waiting for the flood of anti-immigration comics to pour out of USA over the recent terror attack in Edmonton, Canada.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Crazycryodude posted:

Would you do me a favor and also ask about DbD and make a DEBT joke, I need to fill out this bingo card.

I don't know what DbD is. Thanks for the help anyway.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Jerry Cotton posted:

Because it sometimes touches on political issues (has been on a relationship binge for a while now) and most people don't have an issue with it.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Jerry Cotton posted:

It's a random comic that a lot of the thread regulars like. It's not really very political at all, and they should really probably just make their own thread for it since enough people seem to be interested to sustain it, but since I don't really contribute to this thread as anything other than white noise anyway, I'm fine with just scrolling past it.

There should at least probably be something about it added to the OP, though, considering how often people stumble in here and get confused.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

I don't feel like reading back 400000000000 pages so I'll ask here: why is this in the political cartoons thread?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Tibalt posted:

I don't feel like reading back 400000000000 pages so I'll ask here: why is this in the political cartoons thread?

Because the usual theme of the strip is "liberals are corrupt and none of these Republicans are real Republicans"

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

AnoHito posted:

It's a random comic that a lot of the thread regulars like. It's not really very political at all, and they should really probably just make their own thread for it since enough people seem to be interested to sustain it, but since I don't really contribute to this thread as anything other than white noise anyway, I'm fine with just scrolling past it.

There should at least probably be something about it added to the OP, though, considering how often people stumble in here and get confused.

Yes, that's the SA way, help and assist those that stumble in without lurking first.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

OldMemes posted:

I think Hillary might become a boogeyman for the right to rival Soros and AL Gore combined at this rate.

She already is that and has been for decades.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Wow, that text post pissed me off. I was happy when for once a conservative admitted there are other taxes than federal income tax, but then went right back to

Chip Bok posted:

The top 1 percent paid a greater share of individual income taxes (39.5 percent) than the bottom 90 percent combined (29.1 percent)

You loving mentioned Social Security and Medicare taxes, and then refused to include them in the calculation? Why even bring it up if you're going to be misleading?

Pakled posted:

Yeah unless it breaks a record or is committed by a brown person, don't expect any mass shooting to gain much national traction. If the shooter's white, I'd be surprised if anyone's still talking about it in a week.

Yeah, about that...

I don't feel like reading through 4x10^28 pages, so I'll just ask why is this in the political cartoons thread?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Jurgan posted:

Yeah, about that...

Yeah, whoops. Foot, meet mouth.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
Welp, it was only a matter of time I guess, before a mass shooting/terrorist attack would happen in my own backyard. Life in America.

Anyway, lovely cartoon time:

From 2012

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Sandpuppy posted:

Welp, it was only a matter of time I guess, before a mass shooting/terrorist attack would happen in my own backyard. Life in America.

Aurora had theirs before I moved here, so I'm hoping that means we're in the clear for a while. I was at that movie theater last week, and it's kind of weird how there's no indication at all what happened just five years ago.

Gotta say, "support tax reform because it'll hurt rich liberals" is an innovative angle. I thought conservatives didn't believe in punishing success?

Is this supposed to make the Republicans look good? The elephant is pledging allegiance to a policy idea that would enrich their donors, while the donkey is kneeling in concern for his country. I know "kneeling=bad" today, but I still don't see how this shows the Republican in any kind of positive light. Is it a "pox on both your houses" kind of thing? "Those clowns in Congress are all only focusing on their bases?"

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Equal parts NO U and loving willful density.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Sandpuppy posted:

From 2012

Man, that's a good cartoon.

Possibly the first to be posted in this thread.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Sandpuppy posted:

Anyway, lovely cartoon time:

Whining about so-called "fat cat liberals" to defend a tax plan that's a give-away to the richest 1%. Shithead.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I seriously want to know what the gently caress Payne thinks a liberal fatcat is.

Also is there any indication that the tax reform plan will get rid of the usual corporate loopholes in the first place?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Sandpuppy posted:

From 2012

KAL being :black101:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Fister Roboto posted:

I seriously want to know what the gently caress Payne thinks a liberal fatcat is.

Also is there any indication that the tax reform plan will get rid of the usual corporate loopholes in the first place?

I haven't heard much indication of this from the current round of tax cuts, but Payne is almost certainly referring to getting rid of tax incentives for renewable energy. Payne would be one to hate that sort of thing.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Gorrell looks at the news. Oh thank god, it's a shooting. So much drawing lately, but FINALLY he can rest.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Cat Mattress posted:

Man, that's a good cartoon.

Possibly the first to be posted in this thread.

Won't be long till Bill Day plagiarizes it!

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Goddammit, gently caress academia, I'll become a cartoonist. You don't even need to draw or have any kind of originality.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
WHITE
SUMPREMACISTS

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

Gorrell looks at the news. Oh thank god, it's a shooting. So much drawing lately, but FINALLY he can rest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Wrx6eQZ1E

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Green Day tried to pimp their crappy new album last year with a song written from the POV of a mass shooter. Would probably have been controversial as hell a decade ago, literally no one cared or remembered now.

I don't know. The Boomtown Rats released "I Don't Like Mondays" about an elementary school shooting in 1979, but I think that benefited a lot from people not realizing that was what it was referencing.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Disproportionate Orphan posted:

I don't know. The Boomtown Rats released "I Don't Like Mondays" about an elementary school shooting in 1979, but I think that benefited a lot from people not realizing that was what it was referencing.

They loving well did, you never heard the song on the radio without the dj mentioning it, at least in Canada and Australia.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Henry Payne is an unbelievably, relentlessly, astronomically stupid man.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Kelly: Draws St. Peter at the Pearly Gates opening a trap door under Tom Petty, saying "don't come around here no more, heh heh heh"
Korner Kelly: Heartbroken.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

D.N. Nation posted:

Kelly: Draws St. Peter at the Pearly Gates opening a trap door under Tom Petty, saying "don't come around here no more, heh heh heh"
Korner Kelly: Heartbroken.

He's not dead yet is he?

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Starshark posted:

He's not dead yet is he?

Kelly isn't the kind of person to wait until the man dies to strike while the iron is hot.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Starshark posted:

He's not dead yet is he?

He's just been taken off life support.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I gotta get better news sources, I only heard heart attack and unconscious.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I'm still hoping that TMZ got it wrong, or their sources are wrong, as they have info he had no brain activity on arrival and a decision was made to pull life support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!
CNN and other, actually reliable sources are reporting he has died. Goddamn but today sucks.

• Locked thread