Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Those jumps were pretty sweet.

And also showed us why there are walls everywhere - because they didn't actually put usable geometry on the rest of the map, it's fall to black and restart.

But now it's got me thinking about how many out of bounds areas you could get to with a poorly tested jumpcar. I mean, you could possibly bounce up over all the stationary cars/trucks parked everywhere at Hammerhead and onto the roof.

EDIT: Jumpcar spoilers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FrMTtrU44M

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Sep 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

Because "Lieutenant" didn't fit.
Missed opportunity in not making the car into a submarine. There's a giant sea in the North part of the map that is never used in the entire game. Underwater Atlantis adventures would be awesome DLC content.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

It still bothers me how the main characters talk like they don't even know each other. You'd think square would at least try to understand what it's like to go on a road trip with your idiot friends.

Even worse than the lack of chemistry between the characters is that none of them are remotely interesting anyway. The only compliment I can give prompto is that he at least HAS a personality. I still hate him though.

Square needs to hire some decent character writers. We need more characters like Ject and Auron.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Just imagine how many Sleeping Dogs or Hitman games we can have if they only got like half the FF15 budget and time.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Palladium posted:

Just imagine how many Sleeping Dogs or Hitman games we can have if they only got like half the FF15 budget and time.

15 is a good example of a studio taking too long to make a game that really only needed half that time. FF13 versus, or whatever 15 started off as, was announced almost 7 years ago. And what is there to show for it? An overworld that is almost completely barren except for annoying fetch quests?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The Skeleton King posted:

15 is a good example of a studio taking too long to make a game that really only needed half that time. FF13 versus, or whatever 15 started off as, was announced almost 7 years ago. And what is there to show for it? An overworld that is almost completely barren except for annoying fetch quests?

7 nothing it was announced 11 years ago at E3 06.

Of course the actually released game was likely only in development since... probably 2013ish. Multiple reboots culminating in Tabata being given the (tattered scraps of the) project clearly occurred.

E: also Benson being surprised that Kuvo beat a game from March

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

With such a bad development time and such a mediocre game to show for it, it is a wonder how Square justifies making these games.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Massive piles of money.

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:frogsiren: UPDATE :frogsiren:

Episode 40: More Metals than Eisenhower

topiKal fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Sep 29, 2017

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
That restaurant man just stepped out of a hay bale in the middle of nowhere and offered to buy your carrots. Is he the devil? :psyduck:

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Noctis' "strong aversion" to the crops is because he's a huge baby who hates vegetables. Genuinely.

There are multiple points in the movie where it's shown he doesn't eat vegetables.

ishikabibble fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Sep 30, 2017

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Noctis sucks in such a way that's relatively inoffensive, but exhausting as hell. At least Prompto at least you can enjoy disliking him, Noctis is like a vampire that sucks away interest from anything he's near.

Gladiolus is the closest thing to an interesting party member and he literally stopped the game to advertise Cup Noodle I'm still not over that

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

ishikabibble posted:

Noctis' "strong aversion" to the crops is because he's a huge baby who hates vegetables. Genuinely.

There are multiple points in the movie where it's shown he doesn't eat vegetables.

There are still fries and ketchup there though? - said every god damned adult child that hates fruits and vegs.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

What is even our current story goal at this point?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Something about helping Iris grow carrots apparently?

Danaru posted:

Noctis sucks in such a way that's relatively inoffensive, but exhausting as hell.

I disagree, Noctis is infuriating. You could argue it makes sense for sheltered, good for nothing teenager to be pretty :emo: given the situation, but the game does nothing with it. Rather than the plot serving as a vehicle for Noctis to grow in any way as a character, it's just been a never ending excuse for him brood because that's what Final Fantasy protagonists do. He's not as offensive as Squall or Lightning, but he's certainly up there.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Does the quest screen give any indication of quest rewards? It would be good if you could easily prioritize the ones that give potentially fun rewards like the monster truck or bird upgrades, while disregarding the ones that just give XP or some consumables.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Sydin posted:

Something about helping Iris grow carrots apparently?

I disagree, Noctis is infuriating. You could argue it makes sense for sheltered, good for nothing teenager to be pretty :emo: given the situation, but the game does nothing with it. Rather than the plot serving as a vehicle for Noctis to grow in any way as a character, it's just been a never ending excuse for him brood because that's what Final Fantasy protagonists do. He's not as offensive as Squall or Lightning, but he's certainly up there.

Squall was hilarious. :colbert:

Noctis is just a void of anything resembling interest or appeal.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Noctis is absurdly passive. Everyone defers to him, but I'm not sure he's actually made a decision yet in the game.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

What is even our current story goal at this point?

The current story goal is to fix the Royal Boat and sail to another continent to finally meet Noctis' fiancee.

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010

Bethamphetamine posted:

The current story goal is to fix the Royal Boat and sail to another continent to finally meet Noctis' fiancee.

Got it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sydin posted:

Hey, at least Squall graduated to giving a poo poo at a point. Noctis has about as much personality as a flatlining grasshopper. I can't see Noctis shooting out into space for Luna's sake.

Bethamphetamine posted:

Thank you, you're loving incredible.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Bethamphetamine posted:

Some games just get stupid with nested quests.

You need to sail to this place to meet your fiancée?
Oh no, the boat is broken, you need to get special metal to fix it.
Oh no, metal is in a swamp, you need to team up with the enemy now.
Oh no, metal must be refined, you need purifying doohickey.
Oh no, doohickey belongs to guy who wants monster killed.
Oh no, monster can only be killed with certain sword.
Oh no, sword belongs to witch who needs 50 red peppers.
Oh no, chef has red peppers but will only trade for WHY AM I DOING THIS poo poo IT'S BEEN FIVE HOURS OH MY GOD!!!

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Plus I think the antagonist actually wants you to get there so that their evil plan can continue (certainly, he could have stopped or killed you pretty much any time he's wanted for almost the entire game), so the only thing stopping you from going there really is ??????

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Marmaduke! posted:

Plus I think the antagonist actually wants you to get there so that their evil plan can continue (certainly, he could have stopped or killed you pretty much any time he's wanted for almost the entire game), so the only thing stopping you from going there really is ??????

They're probably getting really impatient at this point wondering what the heck is taking Noctis so long.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Who's even the antagonist?

It's probably not that hobo dude. Uh, I think there was some white-haired guy, is that it?

Do I need to consult some in-game encyclopedia or another movie to know who are The Baddies? Because I feel even if you didn't spend ages dicking around and doing all the sidequests, that'd still be infuriatingly vague.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
It's "The Empire." Nobody in the empire is really all that important from what I'm seeing though. It's just a nebulous force of evil that blew up Noctis' hometown, killed his dad, set up a bunch of weirdly inactive checkpoints along the main roads so Noctis can't cruise in style unabated, and occasionally flips Prompto out by dropping soldiers on his head.

Noctis has to get on a boat to go marry his bae because, uh... I guess that's going to stop the empire somehow. IIRC there was also a plot about going around and collecting a bunch of weapons to power up Noctis or something, but apparently that was dropped and now it's all about Lunafreya.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I wouldn't be surprised if the game tells you who the baddie is on a loading screen

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
I tried to read the wiki plot summary for this game and I'm still not sure who the antagonist is.

However, apparently there's a Prompto DLC.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Thank you, you're loving incredible.

Anytime you get lost, wait for the guys to open the quest log and then look for the mission with red text. That's the plot-advancing mission.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I'm a few episodes behind, and just noticing there seem to be two episodes 36:

topiKal posted:

:siren: ENJOY YOUR VIDEO :siren:

topiKal posted:

:frogsiren: SORRY IT'S BEEN AWHILE :frogsiren:

Episode 36: Mythril Hunt

I'll make a pic later, been really busy lately

'Mythril Hunt' is actually 37 as far as I can tell, but it's the one you get taken to by Youtube after ep 35 and I spent at least 14 seconds being confused before coming back to hunt down the right one in the thread.

Zoe fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Oct 1, 2017

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

anatoliy pltkrvkay posted:

I tried to read the wiki plot summary for this game and I'm still not sure who the antagonist is.

However, apparently there's a Prompto DLC.

Is that the Episode Prompto or whatever? Apparently they've already got its soundtrack in their music list.

I forget, are you guys actively doing DLC, or just whatever happened to get rolled up in your season pass or whatever it was?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bethamphetamine posted:

Anytime you get lost, wait for the guys to open the quest log and then look for the mission with red text. That's the plot-advancing mission.

Holy suit, LP lifehacks too.

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.

Zoe posted:

I'm a few episodes behind, and just noticing there seem to be two episodes 36:

'Mythril Hunt' is actually 37 as far as I can tell, but it's the one you get taken to by Youtube after ep 35 and I spent at least 14 seconds being confused before coming back to hunt down the right one in the thread.

I think someone mentioned this at one point and then we must have never actually fixed it. I blame Kuvo, he gives me the episode numbers.

Kuvo you're fired

Zenostein posted:

Is that the Episode Prompto or whatever? Apparently they've already got its soundtrack in their music list.

I forget, are you guys actively doing DLC, or just whatever happened to get rolled up in your season pass or whatever it was?

Probably the latter but if people have requests we'll do them. We're in no hurry since this is already taking 20 years anyway.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Sydin posted:

It's "The Empire." Nobody in the empire is really all that important from what I'm seeing though. It's just a nebulous force of evil that blew up Noctis' hometown, killed his dad, set up a bunch of weirdly inactive checkpoints along the main roads so Noctis can't cruise in style unabated, and occasionally flips Prompto out by dropping soldiers on his head.

Noctis has to get on a boat to go marry his bae because, uh... I guess that's going to stop the empire somehow. IIRC there was also a plot about going around and collecting a bunch of weapons to power up Noctis or something, but apparently that was dropped and now it's all about Lunafreya.

I had totally forgotten about why they were looking for Noct's fiancée - marrying her was supposed to ensure the empire didn't invade their city.

Um, I think I've spotted a slight problem here.

Also, you just know the real evil is the weirdo with the overblown speach patterns who's held their hand every step of the way. Oh, you're stuck? Here I'll open this blockade for you! You need mythril? I'll have my people give you all the help you need. I will steal your car though, because I have to do at least one bad thing before the final battle.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Play episode Prompto and take a drink every time you hate Prompto

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I think now Noctis and Luna are supposed to be getting married so they can combine their fancy royalty powers, which has something to do with the summon monsters since Luna is apparently visiting them too, and then they can stop the Empire from doing whatever evil thing they're meant to be doing.

I don't think they were crossing the sea to visit Luna (that was just the excuse for the first arm of the story), I think it had something to do with why the empire killed the old guy but I don't remember what that was.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I hope they summon Ultima weapon by consumating their marriage.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Tenebrais posted:

I think now Noctis and Luna are supposed to be getting married so they can combine their fancy royalty powers, which has something to do with the summon monsters since Luna is apparently visiting them too, and then they can stop the Empire from doing whatever evil thing they're meant to be doing.

I don't think they were crossing the sea to visit Luna (that was just the excuse for the first arm of the story), I think it had something to do with why the empire killed the old guy but I don't remember what that was.

I think the idea is that all this poo poo happened and Noctis decided to continue his original journey of getting to Luna to figure out what's going on, so they're crossing the sea like normal. The reason it's taking so long is because the war going on stopped all the other boats from traveling.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Momomo posted:

The reason it's taking so long is because the war going on stopped all the other boats from traveling.

The reason it's taking so long is because Noctis is more interested in cruising around the countryside taking selfies and collecting frogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:frogsiren: YES WE ARE STILL GOING :frogsiren:

Episode 41: pets.com

• Locked thread