Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

succ posted:

Like does the hospital's billing department even collect on incidents like this.

I currently don't have insurance and I'd literally need to file for bankruptcy to pay for the bills of getting shot by a mass shooter.

gently caress this country dude. #1 in mass shootings and #1 in people without medical insurance.

Usually they have some kind of financial hardship program that writes off the debt or they sell it to debt collectors.

But if too many people do it at once in a fiscal year and there aren't enough paying patients it can bankrupt hospitals lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

/\/eil bree/\/ is o/\/ the case!

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Epic High Five posted:

Considering the distance this shooting took place at, wouldn't the fact that the silencer slows the round down considerably have resulted in potentially less hyperdeath?

No?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Gringostar posted:

that sounds a bit suspect

was everyone taken there just in really bad shape or does that place just suck?

o i realize i didn't identify that tweet referred to puerto rico, where they dont have food power or clean water and hundreds have died already

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Gringostar posted:

its the fukken icu

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Lastgirl posted:

thats great, maybe extend that for the next 3 years

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/872059997429022722

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/spookperson/status/914905617243897856

fyad lol

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Gringostar posted:

do you not know what intensive care units are for, and why losing power and resources would be very bad for them

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Epic High Five posted:

Considering the distance this shooting took place at, wouldn't the fact that the silencer slows the round down considerably have resulted in potentially less hyperdeath?

the distance involved is trivial for modern guns, though I haven't seen any report of what the particular caliber of gun used was which would have a bigger effect

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Gringostar posted:

the ICU is where people that are in really bad shape go, man. that's why it's called the Intensive Care Unit.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

zen death robot posted:

if silencers are garbage then why would anyone want one

something something kneeling national anthem children present

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

this is the largest terror event since 9/11, or the other terrorist attacks we've stopped since 9/11.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Epic High Five posted:

Probably not in any measurable way.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

That DICK! posted:

i'm shocked that within hours of a 450+ casualty event in a major american city the Democrats have allowed the debate to be about silencers, for some reason

a thing that wasn't even used lmao

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Amidst the weeping throngs, the president was seen swaying back and forth with a grin on his face, arms flapping about before eventually pulling his shirt over his head.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

the bitcoin of weed posted:

the distance involved is trivial for modern guns, though I haven't seen any report of what the particular caliber of gun used was which would have a bigger effect

Oh yeah it's a lot closer than the map of the intersection makes it look

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Gringostar posted:

It's from Puerto Rico not Vegas, their generator ran out of fuel.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
[quote="“Al!”" post="“476982072”"]
o i realize i didn’t identify that tweet referred to puerto rico, where they dont have food power or clean water and hundreds have died already
[/quote]

yeah, I thought you were talking about a hospital in vegas and not PR

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

gun control is DOA forever because the people opposed to it are religiously obsessed with guns and will crawl over molten glass to protect their guns, but Democrats' awful messaging and somehow turning this into about silencers sure doesn't help

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/TheNVIndy/status/914905140800380928

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Gringostar posted:

yeah, I thought you were talking about a hospital in vegas and not PR

no, most of the people in vegas are going to survive, unlike in puerto rico, where journalists didn't want to go in the first place and are already pulling out because its old news now that some fun visceral violence has happened

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/NuclearTakes/status/914904673928273921

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

watch list bans are some extremely unconstitutional bullshit and gently caress anyone who supported that garbage

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

That DICK! posted:

i'm shocked that within hours of a 450+ casualty event in a major american city the Democrats have allowed the debate to be about silencers, for some reason

tbf there's a vote on this issue this week

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

When the final verdict in Paddock’s legal saga came in, and Circuit Judge George Woodrich decided to let him off with a $100,000 fine and no jail time.

“He could be conning everybody, but this is an economic crime and he’s an old man,” the newspaper quoted Woodrich as saying. “My view is let him go… and good riddance.”

America is Already Great

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i watched the brother thing this morning and got really mad. we're completely dumbfounded! find the guy who gave him the machine gun - then you'll have your answers! find the person who gave him the machine gun! no violent history! wouldn't hurt a fly! also i hadn't seen him in 10 years! don't look into that too closely that sort of thing just happens all the time!

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

That DICK! posted:

yeah, how did that even come up?

hang on let me take a big sip of water before i use my brain to remember a thing

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

so.. the nra should want to ban them since they hurt guns

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

hahaha wow i genuinely did not see that coming

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

MariusLecter posted:

Post your reaction to the dinosaur/alien stripper

where was there a goddamn dinosaur/alien stripper??

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
[quote="“Al!”" post="“476982186”"]
no, most of the people in vegas are going to survive, unlike in puerto rico, where journalists didn’t want to go in the first place and are already pulling out because its old news now that some fun visceral violence has happened
[/quote]

the thread was talking about one national tragedy when you brought up another one and I didn't see the switch

PR is hosed :smith:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Any news on how the shooter acquired the guns?

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

Durf posted:

Amidst the weeping throngs, the president was seen swaying back and forth with a grin on his face, arms flapping about before eventually pulling his shirt over his head.

Holy poo poo I remember that. Someone link that video of Trump dancing around in church.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

That DICK! posted:

i watched the brother thing this morning and got really mad. we're completely dumbfounded! find the guy who gave him the machine gun - then you'll have your answers! find the person who gave him the machine gun! no violent history! wouldn't hurt a fly! also i hadn't seen him in 10 years! don't look into that too closely that sort of thing just happens all the time!

Another tbf, I'm pretty sure he was in shock and should not have been interviewed.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

lol these fukken squids!!! :sad:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Vox Nihili posted:

Any news on how the shooter acquired the guns?

probably bought them

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

That DICK! posted:

dishonorable american ninja, lie to family, deceive public, hide gun in duffel bag like coward

unlike honorable american ronin, open carry for all to see, family know gun, understand gun, part gun :hai:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

puuuuuuuttttttttiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnn!!! :argh:

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Al! posted:

hillary attaching herself to any cause poisons that cause at this point. i dont want her to say good things about medicare for all either

ur just tryin to justify her awfulness so u can keep on lovin her u sick gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

If he doesn't partake in conspiracy theories, maybe he's the one being mind controlled?

:thunk:

• Locked thread