Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punchymcpunch

i wonder if they get a lot of edgy teens showing up smoking cigarettes and saying "yo my liege up your nose with a rubber hose" and if they have a protocol to deal with these bullies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

George Saunders wrote a (very) short story about ren faire set in a near-future-pharmacological-dystopia, it's called My Chilravic Fiasco

He also wrote a really good long short story about a permanent civil war reenactment faire called CivilWarLand In Bad Decline

That's my George Saunders interruption and I'm stickin to it!!

Twenty Four

alnilam posted:

long short story

m..m...medium story? Losing my mind here!

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
posting on page 1000

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.

Putty posted:

posting on page 1000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4sdwdtCiXQ

Tell me more!
btw ty Birdcon for the sweet spring sig

Starman Super DX

Hey is it just me or did certain texts get slightly bigger? the OPs listed next to the threads seem to be just a little bigger, as well as the page numbers.

Tell me more!

punchymcpunch

lowtax increased the font size or something

Robot Made of Meat

He's over 40 now, so he needs the large print edition.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

cda

by Hand Knit

alnilam posted:

George Saunders wrote a (very) short story about ren faire set in a near-future-pharmacological-dystopia, it's called My Chilravic Fiasco

Haha yeah that one is really good. KnightLife ftw.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
my levain is alive and I will have bread tomorrow.

also I have a better name now

Thanks to HotSoapyBeard for the sig image!

Starman Super DX

Olive! posted:

my levain is alive and I will have bread tomorrow.

also I have a better name now

Ha, that's great Olive... Olive...

huh, strange, I can't remember your old name. It's almost as if it never was.

Tell me more!

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I fed my old username to the void fish

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
i hunger for flesh

peach flesh

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

pogi

how is everyone today

pogi

Manifisto posted:

hello pogi it is good to see you!

nice to see you as well, friend!

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

i hunger for flesh

peach flesh

Your should stop by my house

POOL IS CLOSED

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Your should stop by my house

oh man! im legitimately envious of your millions of peaches!

i wasn't able to find enough small firm peaches to make pickled peaches before i head south. somehow people finally started posting recipes that look like what I remember as a kid and I'm really hype to make them if only I can get the right type of peach!

ive got a batch of peach mead in its initial fermentation right now, hanging out under a carboy of orange blossom honey - rose bud - calendula petal mead i racked last week. i started the peach with the lees I saved from the rhodomel. it just stirred down the fruit must today and it's very lively! :dance:

i love froop

Olive!

can I have some peaches and mead? :o:

POOL IS CLOSED

yaaaas!

next year lol. these are probably going to need to age for a while.

e: vvv eyyyy you had my last batch of honey crisp apple mead

alnilam

Olive! posted:

can I have some peaches and mead? :o:

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless
Holy poo poo tell me how to make peach mead. I need to get rid of these peaches fast. There's only so many peach cobbler and peach preserves I can make

POOL IS CLOSED

Holy poo poo tell me how to make peach mead. I need to get rid of these peaches fast. There's only so many peach cobbler and peach preserves I can make

man there are so many ways to brew peach hooch! also if you have freezer space freeze some sliced peaches.

so my method is pretty simple but I'm not trying to brew to a particular style. the homebrew thread in gws is much better for that.

actually I'll just post in the byob fine dining thread !!

alnilam

U can also dehydrate peache slices using nothing but a cheap hvac filter and a box fan!

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless
I'm gonna go make peach ice cream I just need to run to the store and pick up a few things

alnilam

I'm gonna go make peach ice cream I just need to run to the store and pick up a few things

*immediately types into google "can you mail " and is pleased to see that the first auto suggest is "can you mail ice cream"*

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

pogi posted:

how is everyone today

good. and yours?

Awesome winter sig by Symbolic, love it!

Lovely sig by the masterful Matoi Ryuko, thanks!

bloodmeal
love this

bloodmeal fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jul 16, 2021

alnilam

The great byob peach and peach derivatives exchange

Renegret

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

TerrorInstinct posted:

Hello everyone! I just signed up for SA. It's kind of intimidating, since most people here have accounts that have been around for like a decade, and a lot of threads that I see have existed for several years! I do like a lot the content that I see though. I have a few questions to ask that I can't find answers to on the site.

1) Why do some posts not show up in my post history? I only have two posts that show up in my history despite making several posts. Is it because the thread died? Do I need archives access to view these posts?

2) Is there any way to get notified when someone quotes me / replies to my post?

hi

Olive!

Post history is broken. And welcome to byob, where no one has regdates!

Renegret

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I don't have an account that's a decade old-

*checks own profile*

oh

vanisher

Olive! posted:

Post history is broken. And welcome to byob, where no one has regdates!

Just about to post this. I've never actually checked anyone's regdate or post history since becoming a byob poster

vanisher

vanisher posted:

Just about to post this. I've never actually checked anyone's regdate or post history since becoming a byob poster

Except fluffie duckie so I can edit her old avatar into images

vanisher

TerrorInstinct posted:

Hello everyone! I just signed up for SA. It's kind of intimidating, since most people here have accounts that have been around for like a decade, and a lot of threads that I see have existed for several years! I do like a lot the content that I see though. I have a few questions to ask that I can't find answers to on the site.

1) Why do some posts not show up in my post history? I only have two posts that show up in my history despite making several posts. Is it because the thread died? Do I need archives access to view these posts?

2) Is there any way to get notified when someone quotes me / replies to my post?

For 2- your posts always show as a slightly different color.

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

also if you have freezer space freeze some sliced peaches.
This is what I do. I like to buy about 10 pounds of old peaches for cheap from nearby farms around this time of year. Then I cut away the rotting parts and the pits and freeze the rest. This is a much better deal than buying large quantities of frozen fruit from the store. My two pieces of advice if you are considering doing this are to freeze the peaches in small, single-use bags, and to remove the skins before freezing if you are planning to make baked goods and you care how these baked goods look (feel free to leave the skins on if you are planning to make smoothies).

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Macnult

vanisher posted:

For 2- your posts always show as a slightly different color.

alnilam

TerrorInstinct posted:

Hi welcome hello! Nice to meet you. Do you have any fun hobbies or pets or a dark mysterious past?

people have answered it already but also for #2 other than your own post being shown in a slightly diff color when quoted, there's no way to like receive a notification, sorry

however i highly recommend using the bookmarks and user control panel (which shows bookmarked threads and how many new posts they have since you last looked)

also go into settings and enable (if not already) the thing that keeps track of where you last were on a thread and displays how many new posts

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
radium, but chill

bloodmeal

alnilam posted:

Hi welcome hello! Nice to meet you. Do you have any fun hobbies or pets or a dark mysterious past?

people have answered it already but also for #2 other than your own post being shown in a slightly diff color when quoted, there's no way to like receive a notification, sorry

however i highly recommend using the bookmarks and user control panel (which shows bookmarked threads and how many new posts they have since you last looked)

also go into settings and enable (if not already) the thing that keeps track of where you last were on a thread and displays how many new posts

Thank you for the advice! I downloaded an extension called SALR which has some nice quality of life features.

I don't have a dark mysterious past, but I do have a dark mysterious pet.

The crazy bitch in question.
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

TerrorInstinct posted:

Thank you for the advice! I downloaded an extension called SALR which has some nice quality of life features.

I don't have a dark mysterious past, but I do have a dark mysterious pet.

The crazy bitch in question.
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

:eyepop: hello puppy dog!!