Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

if youve ever wanted your own white house press briefing seating chart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

zegermans posted:

lmao she's 35

the terrible effects of the twin influences of conservatism and Arkansas

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
If you want gun laws start handing out guns in black neighborhoods

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Drunkboxer posted:

if sandy hook couldn't change the narrative that the right wing trots out every single time this happens nothing will, I don't care if there's a video

my favorite part of the Sandy Hook reaction was when some hack was like "well why didnt the children rush the shooter en masse?"

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

YOU A loving HAT posted:

You know those freegan ppl who dig through the trash of restaurants and neighbors and stuff to reclaim thrown-away food and turn it into meals for their family?

not personally no

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

lmao

thank you, today is a "need lmaos" day

Princess Died
Jun 29, 2017

:tutbutt:

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

zegermans posted:

lmao she's 35

yeah in...

...CAPITALIST DOG YEARS!!!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
look im just saying youll probably run out of bullets before you run out of children

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

safely sodomized posted:

the argument that armed militias couldnt take on the us military is pretty funny considering the last 60 years of us military history

:discourse:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

triple sulk posted:

this fucker can't die soon enough

i was thinking the same thing

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

who knew that it would be planegate that would take down this whole administration

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

white sauce posted:

so what?

You think shaky video is going to undo decades of indoctrination?

to use the NFL as a comparison no one gave a poo poo about ray rice's "domestic incident" with his wife until video of him punching his wife unconscious in an elevator came out and he got blackballed from the league thanks to massive outrage

it's a fuckload easier to ignore when what you see is just old pictures of the victims compared to when it's live video of people enjoying themselves then screaming as they're ventilated and bleeding out

it's why I think this time is different, because compared to 2012 many more people are linked into social media and increasingly getting a large portion of their news through that, which means they're getting video of this through that not subject to mainstream media filtering

it's much more in their faces. sandy hook/pulse was some nutjob walking into an enclosure and opening fire on a bunch of people. it's abstract. this is a huge crowd outside in the open enjoying themselves. the bullets could come from literally anywhere, and the videos make that incredibly clear to people in a way that previous mass slaughters haven't

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
uh oh you know what time it is

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

look im just saying youll probably run out of bullets before you run out of children

hold my zima

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

lmao this seems like some old out of touch exec heard that "fancy arrangement of small amounts of related foods on a board or a stone" was a hip "new" thing to do but didn't bother to learn anything more about it and just threw poo poo at a piece of slate

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

a capitalist dog is a cat

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

paranoid randroid posted:

my favorite part of the Sandy Hook reaction was when some hack was like "well why didnt the children rush the shooter en masse?"

https://twitter.com/elongreen/status/742557678057197568

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

what a shame it was all for nothing because gun fuckers refuse any restictions on their toys

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
[quote="“VROOM VROOM”" post="“476985047”"]
who knew that it would be planegate that would take down this whole administration
[/quote]

makes sense as it's the dumbest possible thing

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

safely sodomized posted:

its funny when libs complain about culture war stuff when theyre just as guilty if not more so

safely sodomized posted:

culture war is a distraction used by the republicans to exploit you, but also i lmao when u get mowed down because you wear funny hats to your redneck show

sorry if my depression and venting over interacting with my southern family and coworkers over the last 10 years rubbed off on anyone, unironic

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

OMG this would be a spectacular cap, he is singularly hypocritical in the Cabinet, the rest are at least honest about what they want to do.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
time to make veggie dogs for lunch

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

to be clear I doubt any laws will actually materially change until at least 2018 or 2020, but I think this is going to have an effect on public opinion

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

I swear that's a maggot on that bit of bloody offal in the lower left corner.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Elephanthead posted:

If you want gun laws start handing out guns in black neighborhoods

train them

you know how in mafia 3 the black guy comes back from nam and goes ham on the white gangsters?

yeah

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

safely sodomized posted:

culture war is a distraction used by the republicans to exploit you, but also i lmao when u get mowed down because you wear funny hats to your redneck show

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
also probably time to :orb:

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

the idea that any kind of gun regulation is anti-second amendment is one of the most pernicious ideas ever snuck into the american psyche

maybe worse than death tax and welfare queens?

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

An Apple A Gay posted:

lets get down and dirty
gun talk aside

stop lying to our kids about santa

I think it's hosed up but I go along with it.
We do the elf on the shelf stuff and I don't like it.
It makes kids things toys can just start moving around and doing magic stuff which is pretty creepy.

UFOTacoMan has issued a correction as of 19:57 on Oct 2, 2017

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

logikv9 posted:

i can't believe god killed 58 people

god kills everyone

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
if a bad guy with a gun cant stop 8-12 kindergarteners, hows a good guy with a gun supposed to resist the tyrannical federal government storm troopers

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

SKULL.GIF posted:

to use the NFL as a comparison no one gave a poo poo about ray rice's "domestic incident" with his wife until video of him punching his wife unconscious in an elevator came out and he got blackballed from the league thanks to massive outrage

it's a fuckload easier to ignore when what you see is just old pictures of the victims compared to when it's live video of people enjoying themselves then screaming as they're ventilated and bleeding out

it's why I think this time is different, because compared to 2012 many more people are linked into social media and increasingly getting a large portion of their news through that, which means they're getting video of this through that not subject to mainstream media filtering

it's much more in their faces. sandy hook/pulse was some nutjob walking into an enclosure and opening fire on a bunch of people. it's abstract. this is a huge crowd outside in the open enjoying themselves. the bullets could come from literally anywhere, and the videos make that incredibly clear to people in a way that previous mass slaughters haven't

Dallas shootings were on video and didn't change anything and he was intentionally targeting officers.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

best page hail satan death to america

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

howd the moment of silence go

did trump talk during it

hail satin

jerry seinfel has issued a correction as of 19:57 on Oct 2, 2017

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

oh lord how i would love to never have to think about ryan zinke again

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I would order two Trump steaks and dine and dash.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Gringostar posted:

makes sense as it's the dumbest possible thing

quit fuckin up ur quotes

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
YES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
so how did trump gently caress up the shooting presser, i had to get to leave before he even showed up

• Locked thread